Kickstarter: Ground Branch Campaign Now Live

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

If you have been a fan of the R6 and GR series of games made by RSE for the PC, then you will like Ground Branch. As I have stated in the past, GB is being made by the former lead level designer for those award winning games and now, after hitting the wall in trying to fund it himself or even getting publisher help in the past, he has decided to go the Kickstarter route.

Money is needed to help hire an animator to be able to complete the game. The Ground Branch Kickstarter Campaign is now live and has some pre-alpha video up (with a link to hi-res video at YT) showing some of what has been in the works for the past 5 years. It explains what is needed for them to be able to at least get some MP games out though Coop will be later when the goal has been exceeded.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I'm not a fan of this particular genre but I know there are people out there who are craving a tactical shooter so I hope this works out well for them. Nothing sucks more than having the genre you really love ignored - trust me, I know. Hell, I might kick some money their way for just that reason.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

Acually looks like a pretty good game!!

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

I will look into that, thanks for posting. I have fond memories of playing Rainbow Six Ravenshield with up to seven friends.

Foxbat25m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Foxbat25m
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I have been following this game for some years. I am glad they are looking to continue development. For those of you that have not heard about the project, it was founded by someone who worked on the original Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6 titles. The ones that were tactical shooters (not GRAW/FS/Vegas, these are action games).

If you are looking forward to such a game, or are evening looking to try something a little different and more challenging than your average shooter I would suggest making a pledge. If you lack the money, at least spread the word to your gaming friends.

What I do like is how they are making this a proper PC game; full mod support, no insane DRM measures, and are developing it for PC only. They have turned down big publishers because they want to stay true to their vision and make a real tactical shooter. Apparently, the big publishers will not fund such a game anymore. Hence why they are going the Kickstarter route. But that is one of the reasons I am backing this project. They know what they want to make, and will do their best to deliver. No compromises.

Foxbat25m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Foxbat25m

I have been following this game for some years. I am glad they are looking to continue development. For those of you that have not heard about the project, it was founded by someone who worked on the original Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6 titles. The ones that were tactical shooters (not GRAW/FS/Vegas, these are action games).

If you are looking forward to such a game, or are evening looking to try something a little different and more challenging than your average shooter I would suggest making a pledge. If you lack the money, at least spread the word to your gaming friends.

What I do like is how they are making this a proper PC game; full mod support, no insane DRM measures, and are developing it for PC only. They have turned down big publishers because they want to stay true to their vision and make a real tactical shooter. Apparently, the big publishers will not fund such a game anymore. Hence why they are going the Kickstarter route. But that is one of the reasons I am backing this project. They know what they want to make, and will do their best to deliver. No compromises.

easycos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 easycos
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Brings me back to old Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six days. But no more dial up modems...

Looking forward to this one!

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WhiteKnight77

If you are considering making a pledge on the basis that it will help keep a genre alive, please do. Every little bit helps. The one good thing about this particular KS campaign is that there is substance behind the asking, not just a way to show investors that people are interested. The money is needed to actually finish the game, not start it.

Without saying too much (promises to not divulge information type stuff are in effect), if you are a fan of R6/RS and GR, this is the step that those should have taken instead of what Ubisoft did to those franchises. If you are tired of CoD type Hollywood cinematics and action (the complaints on this forum speak volumes really), then this is what you are looking for. It will be worth your time to read up about GB and what the CIA's Special Activities Division will do. They are put behind enemy lines with only what they can carry with them and what is needed for the mission and that is what the gameplay will be.

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 G-Lord

I have spent far too much money on Kickstarter campaigns already, but I have decided. Supporting this project AND getting 4 copies for the game was just too good ;).

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WhiteKnight77

If I could have afforded to, I would have done the OVER 9,000 EDITION ("THE NOTCH") pledge, but I had to scale back to the KICKSTARTER VET EDITION. I believe I will also be in the credits as a Donator as I had donated some money long time ago, way before Kickstarter was even heard of. That money helped John buy the motion capture system he used with Hatcheforce (one of the Green Berets/SF instructor from Ft. Bragg) to capture what is seen in that video as far as movement and stances.

Back then, we had to brow beat John into taking our money. Thanks for your help G-lord.

Oh yeah, one thing to remember with a KS campaign is that if it fails to meets it's goal, you aren't charged.

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 G-Lord

If I could have afforded to, I would have done the OVER 9,000 EDITION ("THE NOTCH") pledge, but I had to scale back to the KICKSTARTER VET EDITION. I believe I will also be in the credits as a Donator as I had donated some money long time ago, way before Kickstarter was even heard of. That money helped John buy the motion capture system he used with Hatcheforce (one of the Green Berets/SF instructor from Ft. Bragg) to capture what is seen in that video as far as movement and stances.

Back then, we had to brow beat John into taking our money. Thanks for your help G-lord.

Oh yeah, one thing to remember with a KS campaign is that if it fails to meets it's goal, you aren't charged.

WhiteKnight77

Now that is true dedication, congratulations. I'm really looking forward to play this game with some friends.

ledanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ledanek
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
448 Backers $32,551 pledged of $425,000 goal 27 days to go thanks for the referral and contributions....please continue to support http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch LETS GET OUR TACTICAL GAMING BACK!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9e7Er-4LDA&hd=1
slagman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slagman5
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts

I pledged $50 toward this. BUMP!!!

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WhiteKnight77

Thanks. Every little bit helps. Gamers who are tired of cookie cutter games would be remiss if the KS campaign fails. GB will still be made, but at a seriously lot slower rate. It would be terrible if an animator couldn't be hired (the biggest reason for the KS campaign to begin with). Levels are "easy" to create, but they will not be any good if the characters moving through the game world are stiff as a board so to speak.

V2_Bloodline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 V2_Bloodline
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I really hope it'll make it!

Foxbat25m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Foxbat25m

Very promising project. Hope it can make it. Been loosely following it these past few years.

JONO51

If you have any interest pledge if you didn't already.

I remember playing Raven Shield, losing a particular mission time and time again. I kept doing the samething... but when I changed my plan up and thought about what was happening, I completed the mission within minutes. And that is the gameplay I miss. in shooters. Where you have to stop, think, and the go forward with the action.

Never mind realistic shooters, but shooters these days tend to be tedious, reptitive, and full of "Press E" sequences. They have their place, but I do want to sit down and think a bit while being given freedom to try out things I did in games from some years ago.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WhiteKnight77

It has been confirmed that Groound Branch will be available for Mac gamers too. If you are a Mac gamer and want something that is sorely lacking in the Mac gaming community, here is your chance to help out and help this game get funded.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I can't say I'm liking these blatant accounts here to promote the game, but hey - I really do want to see this succeed, and hey I probably will pledge eventually.

Foxbat25m
Cmon now 'if you're interested pledge already', that's not terribly nice.
Foxbat25m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Foxbat25m

I can't say I'm liking these blatant accounts here to promote the game, but hey - I really do want to see this succeed, and hey I probably will pledge eventually. [QUOTE="Foxbat25m"]

skrat_01

Cmon now 'if you're interested pledge already', that's not terribly nice.

If you're interested you might as well pledge. Gets you the full game at $15. The game won't be funding if it doesn't reach the minimum amount.

Also, check out my join date. I don't post typically because 99% of the games on this site are not worth posting about given the game style preference.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WhiteKnight77

There have been some updates to the Ground Branch Kickstarter page as well as some new videos added, including this one on the new in-game video that was added today.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WhiteKnight77

There is a new update video about Ground Branch's sound design and includes video on a different map. Oh yeah, one thing about the sound package for GB, it will be freely available to modders. Does any other studio offer such to y'all or do you have to make sounds for yourself?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WhiteKnight77

Ground Branch to include 2 exectutables with the game, one without any DRM of any sort, for LAN play while the other will still be a Steamworks .exe. Good news for gamers tired of DRM that hogties a person to the internet.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
No way this is getting funded with just 13 days left.
Foxbat25m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Foxbat25m

Ground Branch will now offer proper co-op/SP for anyone who pledes $15 or more for free!:

We have heard the message loud and clear and are happy to announce that we are going to offer ALL of our Kickstarter backers the Singleplayer/Co-Op portion (with advanced AI) of GROUND BRANCH for FREE. Every copy of the game gets this; So for example, if you get a FIRETEAM EDITION then all 4 copies will be eligible for the additional release.

This will be available some time after the initial release that will include full multiplayer (objective-based TvT, PvP) and core single player/co-operation gameplay (e.g. terrorist hunt against bots) from the start.

Let the world know so that we can all enjoy GROUND BRANCH!

ST04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ST04
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts

Also backer here! Really hope they are gonna make it. Have been waiting for another r6 or ghost recon (pc game) for a long time!!

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Doesn't look like the campaign is going very well. Also I can't seem to pledge.. I wonder if the kickstarter page is bugged out or its a problem on my end.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

Doesn't look like the campaign is going very well. Also I can't seem to pledge.. I wonder if the kickstarter page is bugged out or its a problem on my end.

MyopicCanadian
Bad timing. I think that 'HARDCORE TACTICAL FPS!' one took all the attention a month or two ago :(