Why does Capcom hate Megaman?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts

I know I'll get a lot of hate for dissing on capcom but why do they keep cancellin megaman games. Don't they understand the fans love megaman!:evil:

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Because they couldn't figure out how to turn it into an endless cash cow by preying on fans willing to keep paying for the same content like they have done with Street Fighter and Resident Evil.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
All will be forgiven if Megaman ZX 3 comes out.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Megaman is dead. Accept it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"]Megaman is dead. Accept it.

NEVER! :,(
norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

Sadly Mega Man has turned into a Pokemon based game. They gave it a try with Mega Man Battle Network and when they saw it was a success they decided to abandon the Classic Original and X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Etc.

At least that is how it feels. The only Mega Man still active is that Mega Man Starfish game for DS.

Est99Bme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Est99Bme
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Mega Man Zero games were my fav =/
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#8 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Because they hate their fans.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I know I'll get a lot of hate for dissing on capcom but why do they keep cancellin megaman games. Don't they understand the fans love megaman!:evil:

videog

Capcom...? Oh, you mean Crapcom. Right.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

They're jealous because Megaman gets all the ladies.

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 norm41x

They're jealous because Megaman gets all the ladies.

KnightSkull

:lol:

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Because I control Capcom now, and my hatred for that little blue sh*t knows no bounds.:twisted:

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts
You're probably going to get love rather than hate for dissing Capcom nowadays..
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i wish i could understand how capcom thinks they claim that the fanbase isn't big enough to warrant a megaman game because their own capcom unity page didn't get that many members but then they disregard things like the facebook page 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3 that so far got 98k likes, capcom has been a lot of poor games and moves this gen but the killing ofmegaman seems to be the worst
JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts
You're probably going to get love rather than hate for dissing Capcom nowadays..Litchie
This. So many times. this.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Because they couldn't figure out how to turn it into an endless cash cow by preying on fans willing to keep paying for the same content like they have done with Street Fighter and Resident Evil.famicommander
Mega Man is the original cash cow, it is what taught Capcom how to do it with Resident Evil and Street Fighter, so I think your very wrong there. Capcom is simply cutting all ties with Inafune, so they cancelled the last two projects he pushed through.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="famicommander"]Because they couldn't figure out how to turn it into an endless cash cow by preying on fans willing to keep paying for the same content like they have done with Street Fighter and Resident Evil.Sepewrath
Mega Man is the original cash cow, it is what taught Capcom how to do it with Resident Evil and Street Fighter, so I think your very wrong there. Capcom is simply cutting all ties with Inafune, so they cancelled the last two projects he pushed through.

I agree with this. Resident Evil is less of a cash cow; at least it was until 5, but with Street Fighter and Mega Man they don't even bother to update the graphics.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Sadly Mega Man has turned into a Pokemon based game. They gave it a try with Mega Man Battle Network and when they saw it was a success they decided to abandon the Classic Original and X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Etc.

At least that is how it feels. The only Mega Man still active is that Mega Man Starfish game for DS.

norm41x

Yeah because it's not like the last BN style game was released 3 or so years ago right? They also play nothing like Pokemon, there isn't even a monster collecting aspect to it.

To OP:

Companies want money, Megaman in the state its in isn't providing Capcom with the money they want.

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 norm41x

[QUOTE="norm41x"]

Yangire

Yeah because it's not like the last BN style game was released 3 or so years ago right? They also play nothing like Pokemon, there isn't even a monster collecting aspect to it.

To OP:

Companies want money, Megaman in the state its in isn't providing Capcom with the money they want.

Yes they do. You run around and encounter random battles. You collect chips instead of Pokemon. Difference is the battle itself, instead of being turn based its real-time slash I don't know... Chess?
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="norm41x"]

norm41x

To OP:

Yes they do. You run around and encounter random battles. You collect chips instead of Pokemon. Difference is the battle itself, instead of being turn based its real-time slash I don't know... Chess?

Random battles are in MANY RPGs, it does not make it like Pokemon. Collecting chips is nothing like collecting Pokemon, in Pokemon you fight and collect monsters, chips only effect moves.

Collecting=/=Like Pokemon

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I've enjoyed Mega Man games over the years (especially the original series), but I think the franchise has had enough games that it can be peacefully laid to rest.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
[QUOTE="famicommander"]Because they couldn't figure out how to turn it into an endless cash cow by preying on fans willing to keep paying for the same content like they have done with Street Fighter and Resident Evil.Sepewrath

I meant that specifically in the context of charging users multiple times for the same content, as well as breaking the games up into smaller and smaller portions to sell as DLC. See: charging for versus mode in Resident Evil 5, Gold Edition, Street Fighter IV whoring, the SF X T fiasco, fifty ports of RE4, etc.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"]Megaman is dead. Accept it.

thats cold ;)
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
If they would just make mml 3... I hope it shows up at e3 with Nintendo providing the funds for the game to be developed.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spinnerweb
If they would just make mml 3... I hope it shows up at e3 with Nintendo providing the funds for the game to be developed.Ghost120x
We all want that to happen, but being realistic: why in the HECK would they ever do that? :cry:
limonman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 limonman32
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

The least they could do is rerelease MML 2 so that a physical copy doesn't cost 80$.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

They are resentfull for Inafune? With megaman legends 3 I don't know why they solely relied in fans. Its as if they have zero confidence on their ability to make a good game that simply sells because it's that good.

Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#28 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts

Because Capcom is run by money-grubbing baffoons that hate their fans these days. It's sad because they used to be one of my favorite companies.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
because capcom. we just gotta learn to live with it... *sigh*
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

They are resentfull for Inafune? With megaman legends 3 I don't know why they solely relied in fans. Its as if they have zero confidence on their ability to make a good game that simply sells because it's that good.

emirblade
they didn't even bother advertising the game, many fans only realized MML3 was being made (and that you had to sign for the official site) when capcom announced they were stopping the project.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="emirblade"]

BrunoBRS

many fans only realized MML3 was being made when capcom announced they were stopping the project.

Which is really good advertising for CAPCOM!!

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

Someone should buy the liscence and do something decent with it.

Extagia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Extagia
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yeah, it definitely feels that way with Capcom and Megaman nowadays. I think they also hate the idea of having Monster Hunter in the US along with the MH fanbase here :(
Wilson09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34 Wilson09
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

Because they can't be bothered to release powered up on XBLA and PSN. Don't care if its a psp game, it can easily be made with XBOX and PS3 controls. That will bring the money in. I still haven't played that game thanks to my broken psp laser drive...

bloom467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bloom467
Member since 2009 • 192 Posts
I refuse to buy any capcom game until they release a new megaman game!