Legend SWM writer Deadman has returned. Give him a warm welcome! - SWM #50

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26086 Posts

@swm_magazine

T H E M A G A Z I N E

February 5 to 19 - Issue 50

SURVIVAL HORROR: WHEN DID IT ALL GO WRONG? PART 1

Jynxzor:

Please note that I am well aware that Resident Evil is not the only Survival Horror game around, nor is the genre in any way "Gone" but let's face the facts... Resident Evil was the face of the Survival Horror genre, hell Capcom coined the term "Survival Horror". Capcom in recent years has made many "Questionable" choices with how to address it's longest and most ardent fans.

What is this...I don't even.

The same is true for the fans of the Survival Horror genre...or more specifically fans of the older Resident Evil games. Resident Evil games had been one of Capcoms heavy hitters, they put the series on par with games like Street-fighter and the game sold like hotcakes even into it's last "cIassic" foray into Survival Horror. RE:Code Veronica despite being shown to the world on the ill-fated dreamcast has still sold over 3 million copies to date far cry from "Needed a change to sell" that many people try to point out.

Fans were blown away (good and bad) when Resident Evil 4 hit store shelves, not much was known about the game prior to it's launch the best we had to go on was old beta-game footage that was nothing near what the revamped game actually looked like.

While the existence of a "Beta" version of Resident Evil wasn't a shock to many the drastic difference in gameplay and concept were. In the original planning phases and well into development (So much so it looks like some areas enemies and concept of RE4 Beta and even a early beta of RE5 where zombies were the main baddy are coming back) was about Leon exploring a "Haunted" castle where the T-Virus had evolved into some sort of "Fog" that was stalking and slowly attempting to take over Leon over the course of the game.

Far from the Tommy-gun wielding villagers in RE4 the enemies seemed far more traditional, with ethereal ghosts and possessed dolls haunting Leons every step it was a far more tense atmosphere. But around the time of Development for RE4 costs to produce a game had started to spike phenomenally, no doubt investors were not happy at the concept of not turning a dime on a game that took risks such as the traditional RE series.

All the while creating a action oriented game to draw in a larger crowd became a more and more interesting concept to investors. It appeared as if the Old RE4 project was dropped like a rock and work began anew on a faster paced more action packed game with a Resident Evil spin on it.

Much to the chagrin of fans of the old series RE4 was applauded in almost every aspect, it was a game among games to the general populace and for many gamers it was their first time experiencing a game even laced with a hint of horror, it took all the conventions of a Action and Horror game and smashed them into one conviently creating the "Action Horror" sub-genre we see so prolificly among Third person shooters (Dead Space and hell even Silent Hill for the most part has fallen down this path) all while under the guise of "Survival Horror" despite the utter lack of survival mechanics that the games that heralded the name had.

Although as far as Capcom was concerned the only thing they seemed to understand now is that "Action sells" setting us up for the amazingness of...

Resident Evil 5 in two words or less

Capcom had once again had a game that was going to be prime with Horror building on the foundation that it started to lay with RE4, but I can only assume the higher up's wouldn't have these kind of shenanigans present within their company. The zombies suddenly dissapeared from RE5 and again came the Las Plagas crammed in like a bad plot twist in a M Night movie.

While the game was ripe with references to the legendary T-Virus (Showing that once again the concept was probably dropped well after the game was in development) the Las plagas took the stage as the more "Intelligent" and therefor more threatening foe. What's a game without Multiplayer these days, many would say "A single player game" But Capcom instead said "Crap, let's add a terrible AI partner and balance the game so poorly if some poor sap does find someone to play with the game will be childs play." Even though they added a full blown co-operative aspect they seemed to retain the next to brain dead AI that got Resident Evil:0 plunged in a pit of fire. Was Capcom done having their turn on the failboat yet? I don't think so, Capcom in a genuis move left many multiplayer functions outside the main game on the disc...but wouldn't let you access them without purchasing it.

You may have felt as Silly as Dan looks if you actually purchased the RE5 DLC

While terrible DLC choices are almost a givin for Capcom these days, the utter lack of any tense atmosphere that gave RE4 some props for at least trying to be scary went right out the window with the games newfound balls to the walls action at every turn. You couldn't much turn a corner without Chris diving into a group of Manjinis with naught but his fists, or if he didn't feel punchy that day he could just start lobbing grenades, rockets, or any other variaty of heavy arsenal into the enemy lines.

It's hard to take the series seriously anymore when it has taken such a drastic turn from it's roots, we have all heard about a game reinventing itself, but Capcom flat out turned it's back on the genre it had nurtured with it's own hands. When the game goes from being alone in a dreary mansion full of zombies you barely had enough ammo to keep at bay let alone kill, to lobbing grenades at tanker sized tentacle monsters that would make any fan of ...(risque) anime blush it's hard to even look at it like the same series anymore.

Was Capcom so afraid to drop the Resident Evil name from the new action oriented series of games? Did they think that fans wouldn't embrace a new IP, I can't imagine why hell one of there other great IP's was actually created from RE2 Beta code.

What's this about me I hear?

It's no use trying to make sense of Capcoms actions though as I stated earlier in this article Capcom has made some decisions that have probably made almost any of their fans cringe at one point or another...but I digress.

While the best way to see the revival of the Survival Horror genre would be for it's creators to take a real shot at bringing the scares and tension of the genre back, I doubt we will be able to see that anytime soon (RE:velations is still a far cry from Survival Horror but closer than RE4 will ever be) Perhaps if Revelations takes off Capcom will notice there is still a market for Scary games.

Let's lay off Capcom for a while though and look at where Survival Horror is still clinging (and where it's loosing it's grip)

Is there still hope for us?

Dead Space has to be near the original the balance of Horror and Action that Capcom may have been looking for before they went crazy. Blending a tense enviroment and (Slightly) powerless character in a more action packed game did wonders. While it may not be the true Survival Horror fans cup of tea the first Deadspace is a rather fun romp that tries to keep the old ways while expanding upon the idea itself.

While Dead Space wasn't the best representation of the genre, they had everything in place to make it better in Dead Space 2 unfortunatly Visceral games seems to have caught the same Action bug that Capcom has. lured by the larger potential audience in action Dead Space 2 took off in the Action oriented side of things and continues to cut more and more of the horror elements from the game and focus more and more on the action.

Penny Arcade put it best

To be continued.....

FANBOYITIS

WiiCubeM1:

There has been a terrible plague sweeping through out gamers since the first time the name "Atari" was mentioned in the home.

It is a plague that has been tearing us apart for a long time, and has become the driving force behind our beloved System Wars.

It's a terrible syndrome called Fanboyitis.

Quite nasty, actually. The symptoms start off mildly enough, they start losing interest in a few choice titles they love, and move on to other titles just to get a bit of a "breather" as they call it. After the sickness starts to take hold, they start spending incredible amounts of time obsessing over a single genre, most commonly either RPGs or FPSs.

In further cases, the infected start distancing themselves away from certain "stupid" or "kiddy" consoles and focus more time on one system only. In the most severe cases, we've had reports of the ill spewing hate-filled remarks at certain companies or games based on pure opinion.

As the sickness gets worse, they begin to change. You may notice a growth in the waistline and a sickly odor beginning to wreak from them. The changes are not just physical, they develop psychological problems and addictions to a certain company. They start speaking in strange tongues, referring to themselves as "1337" and "Haxors", and may begin calling themselves a type of animal if they are allowed access to other afflicted individuals, mostly found on forums and local game shops.

At this point they have developed a psychological intolerance to any type of stimuli outside of their personal addictions, be it Xbox, Playstation, or Nintendo. They will cringe at the mere mention of the company's name, and may start to defend themselves the only way they know how, through purely instinctive insults hurled at the supporters of their hated stimuli.

The only known treatment is a constant stream of products from their affliction, be it shooters for the "Lemmings", action / rpg games for these "Cows, or nostalgia in the case of "Sheep". A fourth strand of this illness has been identified, but little is truly known about these "Hermits".

As the name suggests, they are often holed up in unreachable places, isolating themselves from all living things. This may be for the best, as even the mere mention of this fourth sub-type fills the other three with an unbrideled rage. All that is known is that they are often the worst infected of this disease, claiming superiority in every way. These poor fools are to be pitied, never to be fought, as isolation and this Fanboyitis have warped their minds into something "inhuman".

While research is trying to be done into finding a way to combat all we can do now identify the symptoms and study the fighting that happens at known areas on the internet, such as System Wars.

Known symptoms include:

* An unhealthy addiction to a certain company, game series / genre, or console.

* Afllicted will often include their addiction into their name, avatar, or signature.

* Biased insults with no real backing with any sort of logic.

* Will quickly fly into an uncontrollable rage if hated stimuli is mentioned.

* Refer to themselves as one of the 4 sub-types in threads where these names were never mentioned.

* Arguments mostly comprised of "fanboy logic", a type of logic which is somewhat based on fact, but is mostly a favorable aspect warped by popular opinion throughout a certain sub-type. EX: "Nintendo is a kiddy company", "Xbox has no exclusives", "Hermits are all fat and virgins", "Sony will fail this gen", etc.

* Constantly "troll" threads to create a "flame war" which they use to either locate others of their sub-type or feed their addiction and lust for control of the boards.

If one of these afflicted individuals is seen, please, for your safety, as well as your threads, do not fall for their troll-bait or start a war between the fans.

You have been warned.

SWM's 50th ISSUE CELEBRATION

Willy:

Since 2007, System Wars The Magazine has been creating fantastic articles and giving insight on the game industry from the point of view of System Wars, ran by System Wars users for System Wars users.

To celebrate our 50th issue, we have created System Wars The Magazine's very own webzone! All our past articles are available in the website for you to enjoy, and our new and latest articles will be posted first on the website.

Does this mean we are abandoning Gamespot and going off into our own? I doubt it. But System Warriors will always have a place to visit in the interwebs to see the latest news on the battlefield, and maybe validate their own fanboyism with our excellent commentators and writers (when we get some).

Check it out here.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Willy105

INFAMOUS: FESTIVAL OF BLOOD

Fabz_95:

Festival of Blood is a standalone PSN inFamous game and is one of the better games on the market. Released around Halloween time you find yourself in New Marais on a night called Pyre Night; the city celebrates this every year marking the night where Father Ignatious put a stop to the vampire that is Bloody Mary. Unfortunately for Cole, in an attempt to save some of New Marais citizens he is ambushed by Bloody Mary and is rewarded with a puncture in his neck that has transformed him into a vampire. With merely hours to go until sunlight, Cole mus stop Bloody Mary if he wants to survive.

The story is an interesting one made better thanks to the inFamous characters, Cole and Zeke have witty dialogue as usual and the fact that the entire story is being told by Zeke in order to pull a busty girl at a bar means the game is a little more lighthearted than you'd think. New Marais, a city that was bustling and alive in inFamous 2 is even better here. The city has suited up for the occassion and the Pyre Night theme makes the city look great.

Gameplay mechanics have changed a little. Cole is now a vampire so there's no more good and evil, no more morale decisions you have to make. Some might miss this but as they weren't great in inFamous 2 I don't think it will be sorely missed here. Cole has all of his lightning abilities as always but becoming a Vampire means he has a few more gifts. He can now fly, something that makes travelling around the city a lot easier and frankly a lot more fun. However, flying isn't limitless, you have a blood meter which runs out as you fly. In order to fill this meter you have to suck the blood of an innocent citizen, something that I never tired of. Interestingly, Vampires who serve under Bloody Mary (and make for the majority of your enemies in the game) are found throughout the city but some pose as humans, Cole can detect them using his powers but it is a pleasant surprise when you attempt to bite someone and they explode into an enemy looking to kill you.

The combat in the game is pretty much the same as inFamous 2, aim your lightning bolt to fry enemies, you have various other abilities such as throwing grenades and pushing people away and the melee combat from inFamous 2 has also returned. Hit someone a few times and press triangle to finish them off. The combat is solid in the game, using your lightning abilities never gets old and although melee combat is a little shallow, when fighting in groups the ability to easily switch from enemy to enemy makes it a little more fun.

The game, despite being as fun as it is, ends far too shortly. The main quest can be completed in around 2 hours and although there are plenty of abilities to unlock and things to find around the fairly large New Marais (around half the size it is in inFamous 2), this is pretty disappointing. It is a PSN game but I still expected better. UGC has returned from inFamous 2 which adds a bit of replay value and New Marais is so much fun to mess around in that the game can be played for hours even after completion.

The game is a solid PSN exclusive and is one of the better ones out there; a worthy addition to the inFamous series means the game should definitely warrant your interest, even if it is a little short.

8/10

SYSTEM OF THE YEAR 2011

Willy105:

Boss Battle people.

We decide which system was the best in December, and in the end we will crown the Best System of 2011, by simply picking the one who won the most points this year.

Jynxzor:

Well so far, Last of Us looks like it will be another big hit for Sony. Personally I hope ND doesn't just turn the game into Uncharted with zombies.

Darkspineslayer:

I think Sony took this year easily. I can count the 360 AND Wii heavy hitters on one hands.

DarkLink77:

PC, yet again. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb.

Fabz_95:

The Last of Us looks good and is a plus for PS3 owners but for this Battle Royale, Anno and Trine 2 win it for the PC.

Willy105:

Either way, it's obvious the PC wins this one, with 5 points acquired over the year, compared to the 4 that Nintendo and Microsoft got, and the 2 Sony got. And with this win, that brings Hermits to 6 points. Maybe next time, Sony!

PC WINS SYSTEM OF THE YEAR 2011

With 6 points won over the year, compared to 4 for Sheep and Lemmings, and only 2 for Cows

Current Stats

FEBRUARY 2011 PART 1

Willy105:

Kaz Harai was chosen to go down with the sinking ship that is Sony.

Vita comes out this month.

Wii U and other next-gen console rumors going full speed ahead again.

Also, that Resident Evil game came out for 3DS.

Who won?

Darkspineslayer:

Let's wait and see how big vita turns out to be overseas. At least we know it will be home to Capcom's c**kslap to Megaman fans faces.

LegendofNerd:

Obviously Capcom is the big winner here. Not only did they release a better than expected RE game, they once again managed to troll the legions of Mega Man loyalists without so much as breaking a sweat. All in a day's work, really.

Fabz_95:

Capcom are definitely the winners with RE Revelations and the RE6 trailer being pretty great.

Jynxzor:

Only thing Capcom deserves is TROLL OF THE YEAR.

Telling us that both RE: Revelations would be scary and that RE6 would be going back to it's roots turned out to be bold faced lies.

DarkLink77:

I hate to break it to you guys, but Capcom isn't a faction.

Willy105:

They released a game on the 3DS, so a point for the Sheep would be the obvious choice.

Fabz_95:

Bored to death wasn't a faction but we created one :]. I guess we could give it to Nintendo for the 3DS game. Or we could give it to Sony for getting a great 8.5 in MW3 .

Willy105:

If this was last November, maybe.

So we got Nintendo for RE:R or Bored to Death because of whatever. Let's decide.

Darkspineslayer:

Nintendo, because they at least got something this month. Soul Calibur V was a disapointment and FF13-2 is...Final Fantasy.

Current Stats

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Patriots.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Patriots.

Blabadon

I almost got the first post you demon!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

Patriots.

waltefmoney

I waited like 5 minutes for someone to post, and just was like "screw it, why not?" :P
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

I waited like 5 minutes for someone to post, and just was like "screw it, why not?" :PBlabadon

If I was you I'd watch my back from now on.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Willy105

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

Patriots.

Blabadon

I waited like 5 minutes for someone to post, and just was like "screw it, why not?" :P

No you didn't. You didn't even wait a minute, both the issue and your first reply were posted at the same XX:07 clock. You're lying! :o

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

50th issue!!! What a milestone! Way to go every one of you guys! :D

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I just installed festival of blood.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blabadon
It... Felt like five minutes? :(
SeventhEntity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SeventhEntity
Member since 2011 • 378 Posts
First time I read a SWM. Was worth my time. lol'd @ Legal Stuff
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#13 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I lol'd at the legal stuff. :lol:

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Now that I read the articles, I find some irony in WiiCube's trying to preach the ills of fanboyism, all the while propogating generalizations; like Xbox fans only being interested in shooters, or PS3 fans only taking to JRPGs. I mean c'mon really? How are you as the author in any position to criticize fanboy behavior when you endorse myths like these? :|

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Oh bugger totally forgot to get to that last part of my Survival Horror article. Oh well I'll be sure to finish it up for next issue it will "Hopefully" cover the few glimmers of hope the Survival Horror genre has because we all know Capcom doesn't care.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Yay new SWM.
M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 M13L13S
Member since 2010 • 3819 Posts

Good issue guys.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blabadon
Lounge?
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I want the Patriots to win.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#20 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Oh bugger totally forgot to get to that last part of my Survival Horror article. Oh well I'll be sure to finish it up for next issue it will "Hopefully" cover the few glimmers of hope the Survival Horror genre has because we all know Capcom doesn't care.

Jynxzor

Hopefully my edit of what's currently there will be up tonight. I've got top men on it.

Well, just me. But still. Top. Men.

Anyway, football is incredibly boring. How did this get to be the TV event of the year?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#21 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Yay Hems! We should like expand and build on our habitat or something to celebrate.
D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts
What is this? Who writes these articles? Can anyone submit an article? Moreover, can I submit an article?
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

GIANTS!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Great issue, nice job guys :)

I can't believe you're already at 50.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
What is this? Who writes these articles? Can anyone submit an article? Moreover, can I submit an article?D4W1L4H
Yeah, you can. Just PM anyone on the staff, and if it's a good article, we'll publish it.
D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts
[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]What is this? Who writes these articles? Can anyone submit an article? Moreover, can I submit an article?DarkLink77
Yeah, you can. Just PM anyone on the staff, and if it's a good article, we'll publish it.

Excellent. I've been pissed off at Humble Bundle pretty lately. :twisted: Extortion at its finest.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Well awesome job as always funny read, and lots of good info Props!
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Willy105
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]What is this? Who writes these articles? Can anyone submit an article? Moreover, can I submit an article?D4W1L4H

Excellent. I've been pissed off at Humble Bundle pretty lately. :twisted: Extortion at its finest.

Do it! If you have a Wordpress account, you can even post it right on the website.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#29 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

1. RE4 >>>>>>>>> any other Resident Evil game

2. Dead Space 2 was a badass sequel (unlike RE5)

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jynxzor

Master_ShakeXXX

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Write the new title to this thread as SWM is better then the SWL because we haven't been invaded by low leveltrolls multiple timesin the last year or so.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

2. Dead Space 2 was a badass sequel (unlike RE5)

Master_ShakeXXX
horrible RE4 was, Crappier then the Resident evil dead aim game.
keybladegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 keybladegamer
Member since 2011 • 516 Posts

Hmm....What to do when you see a blind raging fanboy.Shock them with a defibrillator perhaps?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#34 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Only two points for cows? Biased.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Now that I read the articles, I find some irony in WiiCube's trying to preach the ills of fanboyism, all the while propogating generalizations; like Xbox fans only being interested in shooters, or PS3 fans only taking to JRPGs. I mean c'mon really? How are you as the author in any position to criticize fanboy behavior when you endorse myths like these? :|

AdobeArtist

Because I fit the bill for a general Sheep, and I know plenty of people who fit the rest of the generalizations. Plus I wrote it for the fun of it. The article was just written from my point of view as I see the fanboys act on the board and from what other people have been generalizing them. This article was written to entertain, hence the viewpoint of Fanboyitis as a disease. I know these generalizations are rare if they exist completely in any one person, but everyone with a preference has these attributes, just in varying degrees. I would probably count as a hardcore sheep as I am constantly clashing with the rest of the sub-types here on the boards, but I love Halo as much as Mario.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Master_ShakeXXX

The only time something Mastershake posted is the truth.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

jg4xchamp

And then immediately afterward:

2. Dead Space 2 was a badass sequel

Master_ShakeXXX

Net truth = 0

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Willy105
Only two points for cows? Biased.Stevo_the_gamer
Well, you didn't support them.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

WiiCubeM1

Because I fit the bill for a general Sheep, and I know plenty of people who fit the rest of the generalizations. Plus I wrote it for the fun of it. The article was just written from my point of view as I see the fanboys act on the board and from what other people have been generalizing them. This article was written to entertain, hence the viewpoint of Fanboyitis as a disease. I know these generalizations are rare if they exist completely in any one person, but everyone with a preference has these attributes, just in varying degrees. I would probably count as a hardcore sheep as I am constantly clashing with the rest of the sub-types here on the boards, but I love Halo as much as Mario.

Fair enough. It just always irks me because I'm a 360 owner, and from Tomb Raider Underworld, to Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Portal 2, Batman Arkham series, Prince of Persia, Forza, Alan Wake, SoulCalibur 4, DOA 4, Limbo, Shadow Complex... well basically my library consists of far more action adventure, RPGs, fighters, and racers than it does shooters. And I am a huge Halo and Gears fan yet I haven't even touched the COD games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Cherokee_Jack

And then immediately afterward:

2. Dead Space 2 was a badass sequel

Master_ShakeXXX

Net truth = 0

True Story

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jynxzor
Capcom are seriously just well payed trolls these days. I mean...Bad Boxart Megaman? Come on.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I wuv Capcom. :3

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Capcom is becoming quite $#!++y.

SilverSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SilverSterls
Member since 2012 • 98 Posts
You can say whatever you want at the end of the day they still make some of the best games around. I also love how people bash on Resident Evils new focus on action. I use to love the old school Resident Evils but if you went back and played them they are nearly unplayable. They simply havent aged well. Capcom made a necessarry evolution in the genre.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jynxzor
Capcom made a necessarry evolution in the genre. SilverSterls
What "Evolution" occured, they just simply abandoned the Survival Horror genre and people these days just don't know any better. They just assume if someone calls it Survival Horror it has to be, why would the lie to us!? Capcom took Resident Evil and made it a Third Person action series, even among promises to "Go back to their roots" they have done next to nothing on that front. But who can blame them making a guns blazing corridor shooter is easier than making a actual game and it sells just as well if not better...Modern games gotta love em.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cherokee_Jack

Capcom are seriously just well payed trolls these days. I mean...Bad Boxart Megaman? Come on.Jynxzor
Bad Boxart Megaman is f*cking awesome and I won't hear otherwise.

By the way, you could probably base a whole other article around this interview.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/06/iwata-asks-about-resident-evil-revelations-forced-logic/

SilverSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SilverSterls
Member since 2012 • 98 Posts
[QUOTE="SilverSterls"]Capcom made a necessarry evolution in the genre. Jynxzor
What "Evolution" occured, they just simply abandoned the Survival Horror genre and people these days just don't know any better. They just assume if someone calls it Survival Horror it has to be, why would the lie to us!? Capcom took Resident Evil and made it a Third Person action series, even among promises to "Go back to their roots" they have done next to nothing on that front. But who can blame them making a guns blazing corridor shooter is easier than making a actual game and it sells just as well if not better...Modern games gotta love em.

They could tone down on the amount of enemies and add a more scary atmosphere . But the days of loading each screen and the god awful controls are long gone. They changed that, many of the third person shooting mechanics you see today are base off RE4 and theres no denying that.
xD03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xD03
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Capcom added co op to 5 and made it even more of a action game than 4 the first 4 games and zero were the best and now that re 6 will also follow re 5 based on the trailer i have lost all hope for a true re game.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
They are not the worst thing ever yet. If they don't localize ace attorney 5 and Layton vs phoenix wright then they will be the worst thing ever. You are on a thin string capcom do not screw it up. Who am I kidding I know you will.