Monster Hunter Tri G Releasing in US/EU Fall 2012 (only on 3DS)

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

So the smash hit Monster Hunter Tri G is hitting the west after all, it seems.

As per Official Nintendo Magazine UK, the game is estimated to arrive here in the Fall of 2012. According to GAF, the people in the now confirm that translation is well underway, and that Capcom is adding an online mode for the game for western audiences (which are more inclined to online gaming than local gaming, which is traditionally what Monster Hunter has been about).

Expect a full announcement at E3. Nintendo is expected to handle the game's marketing and distribution in the west, ala Monster Hunter Tri and Dragon Quest IX.

SOURCE: http://gematsu.com/2011/10/monster-hunter-tri-g-coming-to-europe

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I'll get it....
Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Yay another port for 3D DS

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

I hated MH Tri on Wii.

But I'm stupid enough to give this one a try.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Awesome! I wish Nintendo of America would do a Nintendo direct thing, maybe they would mention this.

Though shouldnt you just say Monster Hunters 3G? Idk, it just sounds better than Tri G.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I'm confused, how many MH3's are there?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
nice but i always found single player MH to be less enjoyable than multiplayer. i'd play it if it had a different story mode, or if i had friends to play locally with. but i don't. so i'll most likely pass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
I'm confused, how many MH3's are there?SaltyMeatballs
Okay, so there were two Monster Hunter subseries, Monster Hunter (the console series) and Monster Hunter Portable (the PSP series) Monster Hunter Tri is the Wii game, and Monster Hunter Tri G is its 'expanded' edition, like Pokemon Platinum to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. That is the game on the 3DS. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is the PSP game, which has also been ported to the PS3 and now the Vita. Both games are two totally different games though. With Monster Hunter 4 now being on the 3DS, a handheld, the main series and the portable series have co-incided and converged and there shouldn't be any confusion in the future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]nice but i always found single player MH to be less enjoyable than multiplayer. i'd play it if it had a different story mode, or if i had friends to play locally with. but i don't. so i'll most likely pass.

It's rumored to include an online mode.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

I hated MH Tri on Wii.

mmmwksil
i dont mean to sound like im telling you how to spend your money.....but its probably best to leave it. MH is a marmite series. personally i love it but i can easily see why people hate it. i dont see how MH3 on the 3DS will change your opinion. as far as i know the 3DS version wont have online (something that really enhances MH imho...and im usually not a big online fan). as for this. i wont be buying as i have MH3 on the wii, this lacks online and there isnt enough new content. however i am eagerly awaiting MH4 (and it better have online capcom...please?).
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrunoBRS
I'm confused, how many MH3's are there?SaltyMeatballs
monster hunter tri is the main game. portable 3rd is a limited version of the game. the G games are expansion packs of their respective original games. so 3G is an expansion to 3. only the original is on a console though, so it's the only one with online play.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]I'm confused, how many MH3's are there?charizard1605
Okay, so there were two Monster Hunter subseries, Monster Hunter (the console series) and Monster Hunter Portable (the PSP series) Monster Hunter Tri is the Wii game, and Monster Hunter Tri G is its 'expanded' edition, like Pokemon Platinum to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. That is the game on the 3DS. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is the PSP game, which has also been ported to the PS3 and now the Vita. Both games are two totally different games though. With Monster Hunter 4 now being on the 3DS, a handheld, the main series and the portable series have co-incided and converged and there shouldn't be any confusion in the future.

I see, so this is the "expanded" Wii version on the 3DS?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]nice but i always found single player MH to be less enjoyable than multiplayer. i'd play it if it had a different story mode, or if i had friends to play locally with. but i don't. so i'll most likely pass.

It's rumored to include an online mode.

more like people getting desperate. i doubt capcom would add online for everyone but japan. MH4 better have online though (even though i'll buy it anyway)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]I'm confused, how many MH3's are there?SaltyMeatballs

yep. MH3G is a 3DS game with all the wii content (save for online mode) plus more.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mmmwksil

i dont mean to sound like im telling you how to spend your money.....but its probably best to leave it. MH is a marmite series. personally i love it but i can easily see why people hate it. i dont see how MH3 on the 3DS will change your opinion. as far as i know the 3DS version wont have online (something that really enhances MH imho...and im usually not a big online fan). as for this. i wont be buying as i have MH3 on the wii, this lacks online and there isnt enough new content. however i am eagerly awaiting MH4 (and it better have online capcom...please?).osan0

I'm thinking the same. Don't know why I'd like to grow to love it, but at the same time I have a feeling it won't ever happen.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Okay, so there were two Monster Hunter subseries, Monster Hunter (the console series) and Monster Hunter Portable (the PSP series) Monster Hunter Tri is the Wii game, and Monster Hunter Tri G is its 'expanded' edition, like Pokemon Platinum to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. That is the game on the 3DS. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is the PSP game, which has also been ported to the PS3 and now the Vita. Both games are two totally different games though. With Monster Hunter 4 now being on the 3DS, a handheld, the main series and the portable series have co-incided and converged and there shouldn't be any confusion in the future.BrunoBRS

yep. MH3G is a 3DS game with all the wii content (save for online mode) plus more.

Unless the online rumor is true.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#17 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

So wait, is this seperate from that MH game that was announced for the 3DS only and got a lot of cows mad or what? I no good with this series ;___;

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
WHY? Monster Hunter is the worst game you could ever put on a handheld...its the opposite of what a handheld game should be. There is nothing pick up and play a few minutes about Monster Hunter...
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] I see, so this is the "expanded" Wii version on the 3DS?Gamingclone

Unless the online rumor is true.

lol please. just face it, it's not happening. maybe as paid DLC, but that's a stretch.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrunoBRS

So wait, is this seperate from that MH game that was announced for the 3DS only and got a lot of cows mad or what? I no good with this series ;___;

Slashless
yes. MH3G is an expansion of the other sheep exclusive, monster hunter 3. cows get the gimped version (portable 3rd... lol portable turd), which lacks all the underwater areas, and many monsters. cows are more mad because monster hunter 4 is also a 3DS exclusive though.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS
WHY? Monster Hunter is the worst game you could ever put on a handheld...its the opposite of what a handheld game should be. There is nothing pick up and play a few minutes about Monster Hunter...rzepak
monster hunter is a game about multiplayer. in japan this means handhelds are better. picture those days as a kid where you could challenge anyone to a pokemon battle at your school. that's how monster hunter is in japan. you can always find someone nearby to play with. and actually once you know how to beat the monster, the battles are typically short.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I hated MH Tri on Wii.

mmmwksil

Man Tri was awesome. What didn't you like?

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

I hated MH Tri on Wii.

ActicEdge

Ummm... let's see...

Everything.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

I hated MH Tri on Wii.

mmmwksil

Ummm... let's see...

Everything.

because you don't like MH in general or what?
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Can't wait :D I might have to nag and bribe my friends into buying this if I want to enjoy it though :P No online multiplayer is a shame. I can't brag my amazing stats to chaz.

Edit: :o read that wrong. Online!! Time to beat chaz. I don't need real life friends.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mmmwksil

because you don't like MH in general or what?BrunoBRS

I liked the concept. Looked like something I could get into and love.

Yet when I played Tri, I could not stand it.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Sorry bro, I hate Japanese games. They're all awful.
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
Freaking fall....Thats long to wait. Oh well, this is one of the few games that has me interested on 3ds
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Sorry bro, I hate Japanese games. They're all awful.percech
Really? what Japanese games have you played?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

oh sh*t they're actually adding online?

Thats actually pretty cool of them.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I hated MH Tri on Wii.

mmmwksil
I'm in the same camp.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 percech

[QUOTE="percech"]Sorry bro, I hate Japanese games. They're all awful.spookykid143

Halo. It made me throw up when I played it.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="spookykid143"]

[QUOTE="percech"]Sorry bro, I hate Japanese games. They're all awful.percech

somebody quick! sig this :lol:
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

I hated MH Tri on Wii.

mmmwksil

Ummm... let's see...

Everything.

Can you be more specific? I know that its not immediately inviting but man when it gets you hooked, it gets you hooked.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mmmwksil

Can you be more specific? I know that its not immediately inviting but man when it gets you hooked, it gets you hooked.

ActicEdge

That's the thing, I can't be more specific. Everything about the game's first hour was just... ugh.

I gave up on it soon as I could.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="spookykid143"]Really? what Japanese games have you played?

lawlessx

somebody quick! sig this :lol:

I don't know how. Can you sig it for me, brah?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

mmmwksil

That's the thing, I can't be more specific. Everything about the game's first hour was just... ugh.

Oh man, no wonder you quit, Tri's first 10 hours blow as you have to get use to everything. With future MH games I know it won't suck close to as hard since I know all the mechanics though :D

Honestly I feel like you would be well served to try playing it again but going online. It moves faster. I pained through it in SP and ended up adoring all of it.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mmmwksil

Oh man, no wonder you quit, Tri's first 10 hours blow as you have to get use to everything. With future MH games I know it won't suck close to as hard since I know all the mechanics though :D

Honestly I feel like you would be well served to try playing it again but going online. It moves faster. I pained through it in SP and ended up adoring all of it.

ActicEdge

Like I said, I'm stupid enough to try it again. After all, the series has this grind quality to it that I adore.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

mmmwksil

Like I said, I'm stupid enough to try it again. After all, the series has this grind quality to it that I adore.

Play with some of your fellow system warriors. You'll love it I promise :)

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Awesome news! Looks like the 3DS will win 2012!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

ah yeah thatll do it. did you even get to the great jaggi? i love a good great jaggi scrap :D. one thing MH has in spades is grinding (personally i dont like grinding but the combat is so fun in MH that i dont mind...any excuse to kill another great jaggi :D). have you tried all the weapons? im not going to recommend any particular type as there all for different play styles *cough* lance *cough* :P. online is also a pretty big deal in MH. im not usually into MP but in MH it really does enhance the game. i do think the MH series could do with better tutorials. the first set of missions are all about a tutorial but there still not very good. they should have like a dummy monster where you can try any weapon and itll attack only when you tell it too or something (though learning on the job can be interesting :P). but yeah....try all the different weapons to see what fits best for ya and get at least to the barroth. if its still not doing it for ya then its probably a write off. but the first hour is just basic tutorial stuff...not even a scratch on the iceberg. if you still have MH3 on the wii then i would certainly recommend digging it out and giving it some more time. also this is one of those rare occasions where i really would recommend a classic controller if you have one. its not really designed for the wiimote and nunchuck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Slashless
No, that is Monster Hunter 4
NaturalDisplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NaturalDisplay
Member since 2010 • 548 Posts

So is online play confirmed or not? If it is I will buy a 3DS just for MH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

NaturalDisplay
It's rumored but not confirmed one way or the other
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="NaturalDisplay"]

charizard1605

It's rumored but not confirmed one way or the other

I just realized that even if it doesnt get online play, capcom could easily make it paid dlc later on since Nintendo ssaid that 3rd parties would start bring paid dlc to the 3DS in the summer. Knowing how capcom likes paid dlc, this makes perfect sense... sadly. I would prefer if it were free.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Added online? Count me in.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]I'm confused, how many MH3's are there?BrunoBRS
monster hunter tri is the main game. portable 3rd is a limited version of the game. the G games are expansion packs of their respective original games. so 3G is an expansion to 3. only the original is on a console though, so it's the only one with online play.

From my point of view, and I have extensively played the Portable versions, they are in general not as ambitious as the console counterparts but they sure as hell make up for it with literally loads of content, new monsters, new quests, new area's, new weapons, updated farm, new challenges. I have clocked around 660 hours before deciding I have seen enough of MH: Freedom Unite on the PSP. So it's not limited, it's awesome.
glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

Awesome, I'm interested in this one!

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

not getting it without an online mode.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Not interested but hopefully it has online.