Resident Evil like chapters in Uncharted 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I just finished Uncharted 1 and the 2 boat chapters with the monsters Chapters 18 and 19 I think, brought back a Resdient Evil 1 feel for me. If The Last Of Us is anything like those 2 chapters, it will definitely be a worthy addition to my collection.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
So you liked it when "uncharted got all resi" :P I doubt anyone on the forums will even remember that... Anyway, those chapters were a nice surprise. I thought they were good.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

So you liked it when "uncharted got all resi" :P I doubt anyone on the forums will even remember that... Anyway, those chapters were a nice surprise. I thought they were good.Chaos_Bladez

I do kinda remember those chapters from UC1...I have't got that far in UC2. So thanks for spoiling that for me TC.:cry:

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]So you liked it when "uncharted got all resi" :P I doubt anyone on the forums will even remember that... Anyway, those chapters were a nice surprise. I thought they were good.

i do lol, and i loved it haha. but yea im sure the last of us will def deliver a good experience. i trust naughty dog, they havent let me down and they pump out quality games
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]So you liked it when "uncharted got all resi" :P I doubt anyone on the forums will even remember that... Anyway, those chapters were a nice surprise. I thought they were good.MarcRecon

I do kinda remember those chapters from UC1...I have't got that far in UC2. So thanks for spoiling that for me TC.:cry:

He's just talking about Uncharted 1.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Yeah those Chapters in the first Uncharted definitely gave me a horror vibe, I was hoping ND would make a survival game after witnessing such nuances in the Uncharted series. And I am so glad Naughty God listened.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]So you liked it when "uncharted got all resi" :P I doubt anyone on the forums will even remember that... Anyway, those chapters were a nice surprise. I thought they were good.MethodManFTW

Oh, ok....me happy again!!! Thanks Mr. Meth:)

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I loved the more horror-themed chapters in Uncharted 1, it made for some nice variety from the bright colorful jungles. Really looking forward to the Last of Us, hope Naughty Dog does a great job with it.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MarcRecon

Yeah those Chapters in the first Uncharted definitely gave me a horror vibe, I was hoping ND would make a survival game after witnessing such nuances in the Uncharted series. And I am so glad Naughty God listened.

Swift_Boss_A

Agreed, I do believe the last of us will deliver and hopefully raise the bar for(are you listening Capcom) suvival horror.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

MarcRecon

Oh, ok....me happy again!!! Thanks Mr. Meth:)

I wish I could go back and play uncharted 2 completely fresh, you sir are in for one heck of a ride. Enjoy Uncharted 2.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

So you liked it when "uncharted got all resi" :P I doubt anyone on the forums will even remember that... Anyway, those chapters were a nice surprise. I thought they were good.Chaos_Bladez

Indeed! Those 2 chapters were the most intense points of gameplay for me because those monsters came out in drodes and could kill you with one swipe if they caught you from the right angle. Plus the fact you were in cramped up in an abandoned boat with dim lighting definitely gave me a 'survival horror' vibe.

I was like 'damn, I hope none of those monsters come down this open corridor while I'm turning this door handle'. When I got to the part where the monsters and Novarro's men started attacking at the same time, I just fell back and let Novarro's army dispatch most of those monsters. I couldn't wait to get back to the jungle, lol, definitely nostalgic gaming moments for me. These 2 levels definitely hyped me for The Last Of Us.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
I thought the monster bits were out of place at first, but then it was awesome and the story fit it all together