3DS Sound questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

So I finallyput some music on my SD card. I have two problems.

The music isnt very lound. Sure its ok if your in a quiet room, not great, but ok. However I was playing pool in a bar last night and wanted to listen to music while playing and I could barely hear the music in my headphones. I have the volume bar on full and I cant find any settings within the music program that will allow me to turn up the volume even more.

Next problem. I put music from two sources on the SD card, both in mp3 format. One source was an album I bought off of Amazon in mp3 format. It worked fine. The other source was mp3s from a music website that were free. They played fine on the itunes software on my computer, but didnt work on the 3DS. Not sure why. Anyone run into this?

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJChronx

Anyone have any suggestions?

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
The 3DS is quieter then most music players. It should be fine to play if you have the volume on max, the only suggestions there is make sure y our songs are good quality and make sure your headphones are good quality and turn the 3DS volume at max. Some headphones are rather quiet, on an android or iphone it might be okay, since their music player output the music really loud, but the 3DS music player outputs it quite a bit quieter. It's odd because games and OS sounds are loud, but the music player and some trailers are very quiet. I don't think it's the 3DS's speakers or the sound card, I think it's just they made the music player too quiet. Let's just hope they update it. As for now, your gonna have take my suggestions. Second. I'm not sure why. All my songs I have on my SD card on my 3DS were downloaded off the internet for free. It should work fine.
12qazx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 12qazx
Member since 2005 • 1435 Posts

How about some headphones or headphones that look like earplugs that have sound canceling technology.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJChronx

How about some headphones or headphones that look like earplugs that have sound canceling technology.

12qazx

What is sound canceling technology? I was just using iphone earplugs. Does anyone recommend a particular brand of headphones that might be able to boost the volume?

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

Quality of the mp3 can make a big difference too. If you purchased the songs from Amazon, they should be good quality... but try maybe ripping a CD at high bitrate and see if there's a difference. Low bitrate rips can sound very quiet.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJChronx

Quality of the mp3 can make a big difference too. If you purchased the songs from Amazon, they should be good quality... but try maybe ripping a CD at high bitrate and see if there's a difference. Low bitrate rips can sound very quiet.

decepticondevil

Ill try that in the future. Thanks

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts

[QUOTE="12qazx"]

LJChronx

What is sound canceling technology? I was just using iphone earplugs. Does anyone recommend a particular brand of headphones that might be able to boost the volume?

The iphone ones are earbuds. The ones with "sound cancelling technology" are essentially ear plugs with sound played through them. http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B001V9LPT4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1323720714&sr=8-7 These are the ones I have. When they are in all the way they don't have to be turned up much to be heard over everything else. I got them for a lot cheaper than they are listed for now. You might want to look around a bit but these will give you a good idea of what to look for.
LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJChronx

[QUOTE="LJChronx"]

[QUOTE="12qazx"]

TankZorz

The iphone ones are earbuds. The ones with "sound cancelling technology" are essentially ear plugs with sound played through them. http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B001V9LPT4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1323720714&sr=8-7 These are the ones I have. When they are in all the way they don't have to be turned up much to be heard over everything else. I got them for a lot cheaper than they are listed for now. You might want to look around a bit but these will give you a good idea of what to look for.

Thats cool. Im going to look into something like those. They sure are expensive. Any other brands that are good qualtiy and maybe I can find cheaper?

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
How about using a rational music player... like a sansa clip.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts

[QUOTE="12qazx"]

LJChronx

That's the problem, the Iphone earplugs are very poor quality. Almost any alternatives are better. I got Sony High Quality earbuds for $19.99 on sale and they are regular $29.99, they have excellent sound quality, and pretty good noise cancelling.
LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJChronx

How about using a rational music player... like a sansa clip.jedinat

Sure I could. But I bring my 3DS everywhere with me, so it makes sense to play music on it.

CCpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CCpotter
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

The 3DS is quieter then most music players. It should be fine to play if you have the volume on max, the only suggestions there is make sure y our songs are good quality and make sure your headphones are good quality and turn the 3DS volume at max. Some headphones are rather quiet, on an android or iphone it might be okay, since their music player output the music really loud, but the 3DS music player outputs it quite a bit quieter. It's odd because games and OS sounds are loud, but the music player and some trailers are very quiet. I don't think it's the 3DS's speakers or the sound card, I think it's just they made the music player too quiet. Let's just hope they update it. As for now, your gonna have take my suggestions. Second. I'm not sure why. All my songs I have on my SD card on my 3DS were downloaded off the internet for free. It should work fine.FPS1337

I download my music from the internet too, all work fine. Couldn't find your problem and don't think Nintendo has any technology about preventing music piracy

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts

[QUOTE="TankZorz"][QUOTE="LJChronx"]

LJChronx

Thats cool. Im going to look into something like those. They sure are expensive. Any other brands that are good qualtiy and maybe I can find cheaper?

I only have the ones I posted the link to and they are definitely worth the investment.