Black Friday may be over, but Steam and CyberMonday are still go! - SWM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26077 Posts

@swm_magazine

T H E M A G A Z I N E

November 14 to 27 - Issue 47

GONINTENDO POSTS OUR INTERVIEW, CREDITS SOMEONE ELSE

Willy105:

GoNintendo picked up our interview with Tom McShea (if you haven't read it yet, simply scroll down) on his 7.5 review of Zelda: Skyward Sword. However, he cited the ParanoidGamer website as the source of the interview, which is obviously incorrect.

ParanoidGamer picked up on our interview and posted it on their website, they quoted SW The Magazine as the source of the interview. However, it seems that GoNintendo simply put ParanoidGamer as the source.

Kevin Cassidy of GoNintendo knows of the error, and promises to fix it at a later time.

INTERVIEW WITH TOM McSHEA

Willy105:

Do not think I'm exaggerating when I say that you have become Gamespot's most popular reviewer. You even have your own meme on the Gamespot forums. Before, Kevin VanOrd was the one causing riots, but now you are the king. How does that make you feel?

McShea: I'm not sure I would use the word "popular" to describe my place in the System's War forum. I'd say that my reviews are divisive, and that causes a strong reaction from both sides. I tend to be harsh in my criticism, and have no problem saying a mega-hyped game is merely "Good"; this is a strong contrast to how reviews are often handled in this industry. Honestly, it makes me a little uncomfortable that I've become a bit of a meme, but I only know how to express myself one way. I'm brutally honest and don't sugar coat the problems I see, so if you're eagerly anticipating a new release, that could put you in a sour mood.

Your opinion of Skyward Sword's controls were very different than those of other reviewers. Why is that? What is your opinion of motion control in general?

As anyone who has followed me should know, controls are the single most important element of a game to me. If they aren't responsive all the time, I get frustrated, because it's a problem that could have been averted had the developers been more conscious of the experience they were creating. In the case of Skyward Sword, the controls function as they should most of the time, but that's not enough. When I swing and it doesn't register, or I point toward the screen but Link looks at the ground, I get angry. Nintendo usually sets the standard for controls, so I'm shocked they would release a game in this state.

As for motion controls in general, I like them, but it seems as though many developers struggle with how to implement them. Games like No More Heroes and Super Mario Galaxy are made better, because flicking your wrist complements a more traditional scheme. By letting some actions be controlled with motion while others use the stick or buttons, it makes things feel more natural than when motion controls are forced into places they don't belong. I think the future for motion controls looks good and developers will understand this balance better the more time they spend with the technology.

You made an error in your review regarding the game's controls (which has since been amended by the time of this writing). Do you think that an error like that might unintentionally affect your opinion (and therefore the review) of the game?

Not at all. In my original text, I said that aiming was handled by the infared sensor, when it's actually controlled by the gyroscopes. Ultimately, you point at the screen no matter which method the controller is using, so, for the player, the result is the same. My problem with the aiming is that you have to recenter your view often, and that's true no matter what the underlying technology is.

What would you like to see Zelda change in it's formula?

More freedom. The strange thing is, The Legend of Zelda (the first game in the series) had this freedom, and the series just went away from it through the years. Part of the problem is that you're confined in a linear path, shuffled from one dungeon to the next, with only cursory exploration. Recent Zelda games are adventures that have you on a leash the whole time. I wish they would remove the leash. Let me enter dungeons out of order. Give me multiple ways to access off-the-path routes, so if I don't have the hookshot yet, I can still use my bombs to open up a road. Make me feel as if I'm forging my own path rather than just doing exactly what the developer wants, when they want it.
Skyward Sword is predictable and lacks a sense of adventure because everything is so structured and confined. Your experience is going to be nearly identical to mine. Everyone will take the same path, see the same enemies, solve puzzles the same way, and so on and so forth. I'd love to see Nintendo use The Legend of Zelda as a blueprint for their next game rather than Ocarina for the umpteenth time.

Have you ever peeked down on the forums to see the reaction of readers over a review score, even if you didn't write the review?

Oh yeah, I love seeing how the community reacts to our content. And I'm always relived when they're angry at someone other than me.

Do you feel your part as a reviewer should be an immense influence on people deciding which games to buy, or should they just simply be an informative opinion?

My role is to give an informed opinion. I try to paint an accurate picture of my experience, and you can judge for yourself if that sounds like something you would enjoy. I'd like to think that people who read my review of Skyward Sword will know exactly what to expect when they play the game themselves. Their opinion may be different from mine, but I don't think they're going to be surprised with what's on the disc.

Is there something you would like to say to those users who would have your head on a pike over your review scores?

Play the game before you claim I was somehow unfair. And also understand that people have different opinions from your own. My job is not tell you what you want to hear or make sure my score is the same as the Metacritic average. Also, remember that we do have a 1-10 scale. I consider an 8 to be an excellent score (I gave my last three Game of the Years 8.5), so realize that amazing games can get a sub-9 score.

Also, 7.5 means Very Good. It means that I liked the game and you most likely will, too.

Do your reviews give you the same amount of lulz that they give us?

I don't think my reviews are particularly funny, no.

Can you change the score?

Nope!

Please?

Sorry

Rate System Wars The Magazine and it's contributors in a score out of 10. (Hint: The hype is AA)

REPORT: ZELDA FLOPS

Willy105:

"This is blasphemy! I want Tom's head on a stake by tomorrow morning!" says Animorphsfan.

Ah, memories.

In 2006, Jeff Gerstmann reviewed Zelda: Twilight Princess with a score of 8.8, becoming the most publicized game review in the history of the Internet. Such a huge flop, people called for Jeff to be fired, calling him fat, and threatening to kill him for his review. We thought we would never see something like that ever again.

But then comes the next Zelda game.

"My Goodness I go away fro one day and miss the biggest flop of the century!!!!!!" said musalana just minutes after the review was posted.

"I just watched the video review. Its like he didnt even play the same game as all those other reviewers...I love how he describes the game as fetch quest, dungeon, fetch quest...It sounds like Skyrim. Yet that has a 9.0." said argetlam00

"So charizard do we both lose our bet now?" said super600.

"f*** this site, Tom McS*** reviews." said SaltyMeatballs.

"Wow I am absolutely loving the madness. All the sheep flipping out and losing it xD" said GiveMeSomething.

"I need to vist Jeff in person to reclaim all my death threats and to say I'm sorry. I've cleary sent them to the wrong person." said Technoweirdo.

Gamespot's review is one of the lowest the game has gotten, which has previously recieved Perfect 10's from places like Game Informer, IGN, and Edge.

SO, SKYWARD SWORD....

789shadow:

Seriously, like, huh?

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I got high tonight," said shinobishyguy.

"I do believe the sheer WTFitude could power faster than light travel," said foxhound_fox.

Many users we interviewed only made gurgling noises.

"Is this real life? Let me stab myself and find out," said madsnakehhh

This magazine currently is of the opinion of simply, "wat."

RUMORED SPECS FOR NEXT XBOX RELEASED

Willy105:

6-core CPU

2GB DDR3 Main RAM

2 AMD GPU

Unknown amount of VRAM

Those are the reported specs for Microsoft's next gen system, which has been on the works since the Xbox 360 was launched in 2005. More details about the system are expected to surface at CES, which begins January 10.

These specs are all rumors, and could very well be fake; but this is the correct timeframe for these things to leak. Also, remember that gaming RAM is not the same as PC RAM, since PC RAM has to run Windows (a game console only needs to run a game).

SYSTEM WARS THE COMIC

Magiciandude and Willy105:

XBOX LIVE WOES CONTINUE

The_Game21x:

No Xbox Live

It's been nearly two months sincemy Xbox Live account, The Game21xx, was hacked and suspended. This is not okay. Nearly two months' worth of the subscription I paid for has gone completely unutilized because Microsoft is taking its sweet time with the investigation of the hacking that took place on my account.

Oh, and I'm still out the $75 that was used to buy 6000 Microsoft Points. Also great.

But what should I expect from this kind of thing? Microsoft has my money. Of course they're going to take as long as they possibly can in order to avoid giving me my money back. Perhaps they're stalling until the end of the quarter to make their investors happy. I don't know, because no one will tell me a thing.

I've called them numerous times in order to attempt to expedite this investigation but, of course, the Customer Service department is curiously far removed from whatever division of Microsoft that handles the investigation of supposed hacks and once an account is sent over to that department, there is nothing CS can do. Of course, I can't contact the investigations department either.

So, my account is currently in a state of limbo and, as CS representatives told me numerous times, there's nothing I can do but wait until the investigation is over.

Fantastic.

I've been an Xbox Live subscriber since 2006, shortly after getting my Xbox 360. Prior to now, I've never had a problem with the service. I've had intermittent problems with the console due to its absurdly high failure rates early in its life but other than that, I've been very happy with the Xbox 360.

This experience is doing quite the excellent job of making me forget all of the great times I've had with the console.

Two of the biggest games the 360 has this fall gaming season (and all year, to be quite honest), Forza Motorsport 4 and Gears of War 3 have been mostly inaccessible to me. I finished Gears of War 3 in single player instead of having the opportunity to finish it alongside my buddies online and I've largely missed out on the majority of the multiplayer action my friends have been engaged in since the game released. In Forza Motorsport 4, I can't access many of the game's best features such as its deep competitive multiplayer and Rivals mode so I pretty much just stopped playing it.

I asked CS reps about this. After all, if I'm paying for an online service, I should be able to access it within a reasonable time frame after being locked out of it.

A month and a half? Sorry. That's not reasonable by any stretch of the imagination.

But I digress. So, what's the solution CS gave me to tide me over until my account is reinstated? Create a new Xbox Live account and buy a couple months of service. Oh, and after I've paidagainfor the service I should've had access to in the first place, I can call them back and have them turn off auto-renew. What a deal!

I spend a lot of time talking up the Xbox 360 on forums and how much I enjoy it, in large part due to Xbox Live and this incident has really soured my opinion on the service, the console and Microsoft. I'm considering just being done with the console altogether. I don't play videogames now nearly as much as I have years prior and most of the gaming I do partake in is on the PC. Given how Microsoft has pretty much given up on producing or procuring exclusives for the 360 that aren't either Halo or made for Kinect and casual gamers, there's not much coming for the system that's interesting to me at this point.

After this fiasco, I probably won't bother to "re-up" on Xbox Live when it lapses next year. Multiplatform titles are better (and often cheaper) on the PC and the paltry list of 360 exclusives is only mildly interesting to me (at best) so why should I even bother? What if this happens again? I will, once again, be locked out of a service I've paid for, for an extended period of time and what's sad is that, at this point, I wouldn't put it past them.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Willy105

SECRET GAMESPOT ORGANIZATION CRUMBLING

Willy105:

It is no rumor that the Gamespot community is run by the Mafia.

For years, the Gamespot forums have been ruled by a series of different gangs that live at the top of the food chain.

However, the most infamous and dangerous of them all may be ending their rule.

Faced with an anemic lack of activity in their secret invite-only union, the GUFU clan has gone into meltdown mode.

"GUFU is dying. In its current state, it is only a matter of time before it happens, and the saddest part is that we are the ones digging our own graves." says Sky in an address to the union. "The GS board is all but abandoned, and even though the new forum and IRC are active, I keep seeing the same faces posting over and over again. We have failed to attract new members, and the ones we do recruit don't stay for long."

Sky recounts a tale as depressing and fearful as that of Ghadafi's rise to power. "Lafigueroa took over as leader without any election, stripped the officers of their titles, and gave the mods the officer positions."

Tensions escalated quickly amongst the members. "It's not like we don't have morons in GUFU. Like PSN annoys some of you off, whatever he's easy to mock. Darklink? not exactly difficult. G, Shadow, Blizzvalve? Um they poop on themselves. None of you died from having to read their posts." says late SW King Champ.

"W/e happened to the days of trolling TY, Agent, HYPE, the SW illuminati and all that?" said Dystopian.

"When I joined the union a year and a half ago, it was a very different place. " continues Sky. "The board was lively, I was welcomed with open arms, and Game hadn't finished his book yet. People went so far as to make conspiracy theories about us (if anybody outside is reading this – the rumors are all true. All of them). Nowadays, the union is a shell of its former self, our leadership is absent, and Game still hasn't finished his book."

In their panic, they opened up their GUFU Gamespot Union, making the formerly exclusive invite-only secret club open to all (go go go!!!!), and they plan to have community events to revitalize the clan.

Will GUFU live much longer? "Let's discuss in the hot girls thread plz?" says Silvur.

Guess it was nice knowing them.

REPORT: SUPER MARIO 3D LAND FLOPS

Willy105:

In a move that most people paid no attention to, Gamespot reviewed the latest canon Mario game with a score of 8.0. Hyped to be a AAAE, the game was an official flop.

"Oh noes its a flop of the century." said Telefanatic.

"It's a flop." said Bread_or_Decide.

"Sounds like a reasnoble score. People need to stop hyping games too much imho. It's a fun and quality game and that's what matters." said nameless12345...wait, why is he in System Wars?

Gamespot's 8.0 score made it one of the game's lowest in both Gamerankings and Metacritic.

"Meh it is a flop, we use GS scores to determine it, however people can use MC to see a bigger picture and analyze the industry opinion seems to be an awesome game, that's for sure." says Giancar.

What was the reason for the relatively low score for the Mario game?

"[Super Mario 3D Land has] limited StreetPass and gyrometer features." says Maxwell McGee in his review.

This is true, Super Mario 3D Land only has limited use of motion control and StreetPass, which is very disapointing. Much to blame is the game's genre, a platformer. Seriously, how are you going to use StreetPass and motion controls on a handheld platformer? This is clearly a big mistake on Nintendo's part.

This is not the first time Nintendo has stepped on it. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn also had a problem of being a Wii game that did not use Mii's and having a high difficulty level, as Gamespot's Lark Anderson dutyfully pointed out in his review. It is mindnumbing how Nintendo could make a game that was not easy and did not use Mii's, despite everyone expecting Wii games to have tacked on Mii support and baby-proof difficulty levels. Shameful.

Super Mario 3D Land is still going to sell well, but it is a real shame knowing that the game was what people wanted, and not what we expected.

Willy105:

Mario 3D Land flopped...and....

Fabz_95:

Mario 3D Lands flop is a blow for Nintendo but Skyward Sword could make up for it.

Darkspineslayer:

Nintendo property being underscored by gamespot is nothing earth shattering. The fact that Sonic Generations got the same score as the latest Mario title however...

789shadow:

Bored to Death.

Darklink77:

We should give it to MS based on Halo's ten year anniversary.

Ten years of being better than every single one of Sony's first party games should mean something, right?

*time lapse*

Darklink77:

Skyward Sword a 7.5?! Holy. F***ing. S***. Tom Mcshea. I mean, goddamn.

Willy105:

Hmmmm...maybe Nintendo deserves a point for this, just for irony.

Fabz_95:

This day will be LEGENDARY.

I think we should give Nintendo a pity point.

DarkLink77:

If we gave pity points, Sony would be winning far and away by now.

Let's be consistent here.

Willy105:

Then who wins?

Fabz_95:

I have no idea. Thanks to all the Zelda drama this week was anything but boring, there were a ton of good multiplats released over these two weeks, the Zelda and Mario games flopped, Halo CE Anniversairy scored an 8.0 (not too sure about the hype on that one) as did a DS game that I've never heard of.

What do we do?

Willy105:

We can't say Bored to Death, since this was anything but boring. I think we finally found a flaw in the Battle Royale scoring system.

Darklink77:

It's clearly a MS victory, like I said before.

Pretty sure Anniversary met hype.

Willy105:

Then it is decided, Microsoft wins for the third time in a row.

Who would have thought, huh?

Current Stats

Hermits

Lemmings

Sheep

Cows

Bored to Death

FALL ISSUE 2011

Contents

• Final Fantasy Type 0 Impressions
  • FIFA 12 Demo Impressions
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die

• Honoring Our Past Writers
  • When Developers Fight, Gamers Lose
  • Getting Back Into The Party: GT5

• Catherine Review
  • Dead Island Review
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction Review
  • Disgea 4 Review
  • Infamous 2 Reviews

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68059661/System-Wars-The-Magazine-Fall-2011

Follow the link above to read it on your browser, iPad, Kindle, or mobile device!

Or download the PDF straight from here:

www.mediafire.com/?ant06k9ajkbu5am

(can't use hyperlinks because Gamespot is broken)

http://www.gamespot.com/unions/SWMConnection/forums/27474782/the-system-wars-the-magazine-archive

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Epic comic is epic.

As far GUFU dissapearing...I'll just say it's not a suprise when they went off-site to bring back former members, of course the gamespot side of the union is going to fall to the wayside especially considering how well Gamespot handles unions...amiright?

Let me link to something that explains this....damn can't link!

Let me use some BBCode to get arou....damnit!

Let me ...HTML ERROR I ATE YOUR POST!

Urg to kill...rising!

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

The Lounge is killing GUFU. True story.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

GUFU? What is this GUFU?

*looks around*

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

I must admit I was surprised at the score for SM3DL. :P

Also, I've thought about contributing to the magazine, but I'm not sure what I could contribute. And I certainly don't have enough faith in my writing ability for articles of any kind.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I'm glad GUFU is dying. That union had some of the snobbiest posters I've ever seen.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

I'm glad GUFU is dying. That union had some of the snobbiest posters I've ever seen.

nintendofreak_2

You were just never good enough for us. :P

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendofreak_2

789shadow

And you're the prime example. :evil:

:P

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

nintendofreak_2

And you're the prime example. :evil:

:P

*sips a foul tasting tea made from plants you've never heard of*

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Where is the Zelda countdown?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

AmayaPapaya
This, this is the only reason I came into this thread :P
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Well some of us are busy people you know. :P

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Willy105

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

charizard1605

There is no Zelda countdown.

No one knows when it's coming.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#15 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

GUFU couldn't even take on NeonNinja. Even the former King loved my trolling of those guys. GUFU was a joke back then, it's not surprising to hear that it'll die. We're better off without it.

NeonNinja, the Velvet Merlin hath spoken!

Also, I doubt Skyward Sword is going to hit that 10.0 mark after reading GS's review in progress. I think it'll be a flat 9.0 now.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

Willy105

There is no Zelda countdown.

No one knows when it's coming.

So then you tricked us!

Lol, I hope the review comes soon. Good read btw.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

Valiant_Rebel
the lounge was *my* idea i'm also in gufu >.>
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Willy105

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

Sky-

the lounge was *my* idea i'm also in gufu >.>

How does it feel to betray your own people?

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

The Game's essay had me in tears. :P

Oh, and Viva la GUFU!

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Good riddance to GUFU, that union is scum.

All of'em.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
I have to admit, I didn't think the new GUFU forum would work at first, but it's easily 5x better than the new SW. Much easier to orchestrate everything without GameSSpot behind our back. :P
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Who/what is a GUFU?

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Oh, and Viva la GUFU!

bobcheeseball

I certainly hope you mean in a good way. :P

But whatever the case, I'm glad someone's reading it, at the least. :D

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]

Oh, and Viva la GUFU!

The_Game21x

I certainly hope you mean in a good way. :P

But whatever the case, I'm glad someone's reading it, at the least. :D

In a sympathetic way at least. That truly sucks :(
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Valiant_Rebel

The Lounge? Wow. Didn't know we were all that big a deal.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

All this talk about GUFU and its death reminds me of the Metal Gear Solid games for some reason.

And can I get a comment from you guys on our comic?

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

All this talk about GUFU and its death reminds me of the Metal Gear Solid games for some reason.

magiciandude

It's a cute little comic. I never thought that Mario would have to have the same score as a sonic game ever again in my lifetime at least.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Who/what is a GUFU?

PBSnipes

Yeah I never heard of it. It's probably a monster or something.

magiciandude

I laughed a little bit at it. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
GUFU dun GUFU'd.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#30 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Oh noes, GooFoo is no longer invite only.

I no longer feel speshul.

-

As for the new forum, I keep forgetting to favourite that site.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Oh noes, GooFoo is no longer invite only.

I no longer feel speshul.

-

As for the new forum, I keep forgetting to favourite that site.

illmatic87

GUFUYourself Forums, because favorite it already! :P

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#32 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

The comic is hilarious. It goes to show you the standards. 8 for Sonic is his second coming. 8 for Mario spells his ultimate demise. :P

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

nintendofreak_2

I thought we're friends? :(

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendofreak_2

I thought we're friends? :(

FireEmblem_Man

According to my source that I generally use to confirm my friendships with people (Facebook) we are indeed friends. :P

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Funny! :P

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#37 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Yeah that GUFU union sucked, glad to see it gone (yeah just ignore my sig...). Good job with the issue guys, I'll be back to contributing properly soon :).
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#38 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

magiciandude
Comic was great, would love to see one every issue.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Willy105

RUMORED SPECS FOR NEXT XBOX RELEASED

Willy105:

6-core CPU

2GB DDR3 Main RAM

2 AMD GPU

Unknown amount of VRAM

Those are the reported specs for Microsoft's next gen system, which has been on the works since the Xbox 360 was launched in 2005. More details about the system are expected to surface at CES, which begins January 10.

These specs are all rumors, and could very well be fake; but this is the correct timeframe for these things to leak. Also, remember that gaming RAM is not the same as PC RAM, since PC RAM has to run Windows (a game console only needs to run a game).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
That's... not very impressive.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Willy105

That's... not very impressive.charizard1605

Why not?

It's very respectable.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

That's... not very impressive.charizard1605

In what way ?

We dont know the specs at all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]That's... not very impressive.Willy105

Why not?

It's very respectable.

Okay, I'm unfamiliar with how specs work, but... how is that with respect to the Wii U?
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]That's... not very impressive.charizard1605

Why not?

It's very respectable.

Okay, I'm unfamiliar with how specs work, but... how is that with respect to the Wii U?

Noone knows actually, no specs are released

Could be 20x stronger for all we know, depends on the AMD GPU mainly, which will probably be tech 2 years ahead of currect PC hardware and top part and light years ahead of WiiU

My estimation is 20x - 40x stonger than WiiU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Willy105"]

Why not?

It's very respectable.

loosingENDS

Could be 20x stronger for all we know, depends on the AMD GPU mainly, which will probably be tech 2 years ahead of currect PC hardware and top part and light years ahead of WiiU

The specs for no system are known right now- the question is, based on the rumored specs, how do the next Xbox and Wii U stack up?
ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
Those specs don't really tell us anything other than it has a decent amount of RAM.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Okay, I'm unfamiliar with how specs work, but... how is that with respect to the Wii U?charizard1605

The specs for no system are known right now- the question is, based on the rumored specs, how do the next Xbox and Wii U stack up?

But we dont have any specs, at all

All this posts says is that 720 will have a CPU and GPU

The ram, which is the only actual spec there, if is not just rumor and is not increased by release in 2 years, is a 4x more RAM than xbox 360/PS3

Good increase, the ammount i expected

I dont know WiiU ram size

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

We did have rumored specs a few days ago, that seem to line up with this new rumor of the Xbox going all AMD. According to those specs, the new Xbox and Wii U were evenly matched. I need confirmation of this, however.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] The specs for no system are known right now- the question is, based on the rumored specs, how do the next Xbox and Wii U stack up?charizard1605

We did have rumored specs a few days ago, that seem to line up with this new rumor of the Xbox going all AMD. According to those specs, the new Xbox and Wii U were evenly matched. I need confirmation of this, however.

What rumors ? Any links with actual rumored specs ?

Also how is it possible to have hardware like WiiU, when

1. WiiU does not even use the best hardware of todays PCs

2. 720 will use the best PC hardware of PC 2 years after WiiU releases

I expect a system at the very least, if they go for 300$ launch price, 10x stronger than WiiU

But that is very concervative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

What rumors ? Any links with actual rumored specs ?

Also how is it possible to have hardware like WiiU, when

1. WiiU does not even use the best hardware of todays PCs

2. 720 will use the best PC hardware of PC 2 years after WiiU releases

How do you know any of that? You yourself said we don't know anything about the specs for either of the two, how do you know the Wii U uses dated hardware, or that the 720 will use top of the line hardware?