Nintendo: Wii U To Be Relaunched E3 2012, New Pokemon Game, New Online Strategy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

After a rather confusing E3 debut for Nintendo's new console this E3, which has left many out in the cold and not excited for it at all, Nintendo has confirmed that it will re-unveil the Wii U this coming E3 2012. Iwata had more to say about the Wii U:

We are also planning to launch the Wii U, which is the successor to the Wii, during the next fiscal year. We would like to show the final format of the Wii U at the E3 show next year. As we learned a bitter lesson with the launch of the Nintendo 3DS, we are trying to take every possible measure so that the Wii U will have a successful launch.

With all of these efforts and plans I have mentioned so far, we are trying to get back to our previous profit level.
Iwata

David Gibson's Twitter feed had more to add, also confirming the existence of a new Pokemon game due for a Spring 2012 launch, as well as a rare introspection on what went wrong with the 3DS:

• At nintendo results meeting, materials confirm kid icarus will be released in japan in jan-mar, new pokenon spring, both not listed intl
  • Iwata- said will have strong momentum for year end 3ds sales, admitted software lineup in 1H was not strong

David Gibson Twitter Feed

In addition, they also talked at length about their online issues, and spoke about changing their entire onine strategy.

eShop

Nintendo is planning on several substantial updates for the 3DS, inlcuding, but not limited to, DLC for games (which will be availabe for third party games), demos, parallel downloads, media content like Hulu Plus in addition to the already available services like Netflix and Nintendo Video, and finally and perhaps most importantly, connectivity with PCs and smartphones.

All this information comes from Nintendo's financial briefings for Q2 2011, sourced via NeoGAF.

Several new functions will be added to the Nintendo eShop.
For one thing, after a software title is launched, content can be added to it via the Nintendo eShop. This is a feature a number of software creators have been looking forward to. With the Nintendo 3DS system update this time, we can create that desired circumstance, so we should see an increase in the number of applicable software titles that will be launched from now on.Nintendo on DLC

Another addition is the ability for the software publishers to provide the owners of Nintendo 3DS systems with demo versions of their software, for which they can put a limit on the number of trials. As you may know by now, the player reviews available at the Nintendo eShop have high credibility since only those who have played the subject software for one hour or more are eligible to cast a vote. More than one million reviews have been contributed to date worldwide. By combining this existing review mechanism with the demo versions, we would like to continue our endeavors to expand the number of opportunities for consumers to be able to notice the potential and appeal of new software titles.Nintendo on Demos

Although this next feature is not going to be available with the next system update, we are now preparing for the Nintendo eShop to be available on the Web so that you can access it via PCs or smartphones too. As of now, the information available on our Nintendo eShop, including the reviews that I mentioned just now, is only available at the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and it does not have a great affinity with the social media which are currently being used as a means to spread information. In other words, even if a software title receives an incredible review, majority of people will not know about it unless they access the Nintendo eShop with their Nintendo 3DS system.

We would like to solve this issue by making the Nintendo eShop accessible via PCs and smartphones as well. At the beginning, you will not be able to directly purchase software from your PC or smartphone. Instead, you will need to take a photo of a QR code at the Nintendo eShop by using the camera of your Nintendo 3DS. The Nintendo 3DS will then open that specific page of the Nintendo eShop. That function is already included in the upcoming system update for the Nintendo 3DS.In the future, we will make it so that you will be able to purchase software by using your PC or smartphone.Nintendo on PC and Smartphone Conectivity

In terms of its usability, we know that there still are several issues with the Nintendo eShop. We have made several improvements for this time. For example, software downloads can be done when Nintendo 3DS is in sleep mode, which will lessen the need for the users to patiently wait by while downloading several software titles at once or while downloading software with a large memory capacity.Nintendo on Parallel Downloads

Also in the U.S., Hulu Plus, which is a paid video distribution service operated by Hulu that was established primarily by a major TV network, is going to start on both the Wii and the Nintendo 3DS in the near future.Nintendo on Media

Siliconera had more to add, detailing on how 3DS connectivity to smartphones and PC will work:

Finally, while this won't be completely implemented alongside the November firmware update, Nintendo plan to make the eShop usable on PC and smartphone browsers. This is being done so that information and user reviews for eShop titles receive more exposure. Step 1 of this process will be making downloads easier. You'll be able to take a picture of a game's QR code (with your 3DS) displayed on your PC or smartphone browser, and doing so will automatically make your 3DS navigate to that page of the eShop so you can buy the game. This is coming in November.

Step 2, which sounds like it will implemented later, will be the ability to download games to your 3DS via your PC or phone.

eshop

Excited about a re-reveal? Excited about Pokemon? Excited about their new online?Sounds like Nintendo is finally catching up!

Nintendo looks like it is ready to take on all the challenges that it has been facing HEAD ON

EDIT: Nintendo also announces a major change in its online strategy. Check it out here

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

im hoping the new pokemon game is grey or ruby/sapphire remake. im guessing march its for japan and september for the rest of the world.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
Is the Wii U still going to be released to retailers next year?
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

hopefully all goes well & nintendo can make the wiiu appealing enough for me.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 crippled_ram
Member since 2010 • 1583 Posts
Wow. This coupled with the news in the other thread proves to me that Nintendo is f***ing serious about reclaiming the hardcore market, and redeeming the 3DS. Bravo Iwata, it takes balls to admit to your failings as fast and as thoroughly as you have done :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Is the Wii U still going to be released to retailers next year?nintendoboy16
It's still scheduled for a 2012 release.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Show me the games Nintendo, not the controller. We're fully aware of the controller and what it can do, now show us what it WILL do!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Show me the games Nintendo, not the controller. We're fully aware of the controller and what it can do, now show us what it WILL do!

ChubbyGuy40
I think that's what they plan on doing E3 2012.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I hope its a powerhouse with awesome core titles and online functionality done right :P. I am interested in the WiiU tablet, but I have a lot of concerns with it being 1 tablet controller centric. I just want some good graphiced Zelda :P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I hope its a powerhouse with awesome core titles and online functionality done right :P. I am interested in the WiiU tablet, but I have a lot of concerns with it being 1 tablet controller centric. I just want some good graphiced Zelda :P.

NaveedLife
As for the online functionality, I think they have announced their intent to plug those holes in their armor, and it makes me feel confident. I am actually kind of glad Nintendo had all these issues with the 3DS, because I think after the unexpectedly insane success of the Wii and DS, they had their heads up in the clouds a bit. Humble and desperate Nintendo is the best Nintendo.
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
So I'm guessing a launch some time late fall or winter 2012. Anyway, looking forward to see the re launch with launch titles at e3.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I want to support Nintendo, but at the same time I feel like I'm throwing away my money when I buy a 3DS. This is good news. I may get a 3DS with upcoming Pokemon game (assuming they mean a REAL one, not a spin-off). What would really make me buy it in a heart beat though would be Metroid Dread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I want to support Nintendo, but at the same time I feel like I'm throwing away my money when I buy a 3DS. This is good news. I may get a 3DS with upcoming Pokemon game (assuming they mean a REAL one, not a spin-off). What would really make me buy it in a heart beat though would be Metroid Dread.

AmayaPapaya
Why do you feel you are throwing money away if you buy a 3DS?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

charizard1605
As for the online functionality, I think they have announced their intent to plug those holes in their armor, and it makes me feel confident. I am actually kind of glad Nintendo had all these issues with the 3DS, because I think after the unexpectedly insane success of the Wii and DS, they had their heads up in the clouds a bit. Humble and desperate Nintendo is the best Nintendo.

Goes with any of the big three...$599 US dollars anyone?
D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

Re-Release = Excellent.

Here's what I see:

New name - Didn't Iwata say that the name confusion of 3DS and DS partly affected sales? Same for Wii and WiiU?

Online Infrastructure for WiiU (If it's still called that :P) and 3DS.

First party games announced will include Pikmin, 3D mario, Fire emblem, Metroid, among others. AKA strong first pary launch titles.

Aesthetically improved controller. Including analog triggers and maybe thumbsticks in place of slidepads.

Among others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

darkspineslayer

Goes with any of the big three...$599 US dollars anyone?

Yep, that made Sony try so much harder, which was good for all of us in the end. Same with Nintendo post N64 days. Or Sega after the Saturn (although that did not end well). Microsoft has yet to take a fall though.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

charizard1605

I think that's what they plan on doing E3 2012.

That better be what they're gonna be doing. The only controller footage they should be showing is showing someone playing an awesome launch title and 4 player co-op via 4 controller. Nintendo listens, and to prove that they should have the 4 player co-op via 4 controllers.

The launch titles are the most interesting....what could they be!? We only know Ubisoft has that one exclusive FPS, and it should be better than what Red Steel 1 was (pretty good back then, but not now that we have RS2.) More importantly, what new core and existing IPs could Nintendo have, or possibly new ones!?!?!?!?111?!?!

Oh ya as the guy above said, name change. Wii-U sounds good IMO, but it'll confuse the consumer. Dominance would be a fitting name :P

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AmayaPapaya

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

charizard1605

Why do you feel you are throwing money away if you buy a 3DS?

What does the 3DS give me? I hate to say it, but there isn't ONE game I want on the 3DS except Mario 3D Land. Not one. Maybe Kid Icarus, but that would be more of a purchase not because I want it, but because that's the only other title that, at least, mildly interests me. I'll admit, I'm excited for Level 5's offerings, and I think I could get into Monster Hunter, but all those titles seem far off and haven't been really shown.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

PR talk. Seeing is believing nintendo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

GD1551
This wasn't PR, this was Iwata talking at an internal company meeting. The transcript was later posted on the website. But this is not PR talk.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

After a rather confusing E3 debut for Nintendo's new console this E3, which has left many out in the cold and not excited for it at all, Nintendo has confirmed that it will re-unveil the Wii U this coming E3 2012. Iwata had more to say about the Wii U:

[Quote="Iwata"]We are also planning to launch the Wii U, which is the successor to the Wii, during the next fiscal year. We would like to show the final format of the Wii U at the E3 show next year. As we learned a bitter lesson with the launch of the Nintendo 3DS, we are trying to take every possible measure so that the Wii U will have a successful launch.

With all of these efforts and plans I have mentioned so far, we are trying to get back to our previous profit level.
charizard1605

David Gibson's Twitter feed had more to add, also confirming the existence of a new Pokemon game due for a Spring 2012 launch, as well as a rare introspection on what went wrong with the 3DS:

• At nintendo results meeting, materials confirm kid icarus will be released in japan in jan-mar, new pokenon spring, both not listed intl
  • Iwata- said will have strong momentum for year end 3ds sales, admitted software lineup in 1H was not strong

Excited about a re-reveal? Excited about Pokemon?

Nintendo looks like it is ready to take on all the challenges that it has been facing HEAD ON

EDIT: Nintendo also announces a major change in its online strategy. Check it out here

I called it. I said "March 2012 new pokemon game :roll: " Watch the good critics pan this one.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Why couldn't they just make a "normal" controller? Also, Metroid Prime 4 and a spiritual successor to Donkey 64 would be nice too.

Other than Zelda, Metroid, and SSB, I'd probably only use the Wii U primarily for multi-plats.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChubbyGuy40

What does the 3DS give me? I hate to say it, but there isn't ONE game I want on the 3DS except Mario 3D Land. Not one. Maybe Kid Icarus, but that would be more of a purchase not because I want it, but because that's the only other title that, at least, mildly interests me. I'll admit, I'm excited for Level 5's offerings, and I think I could get into Monster Hunter, but all those titles seem far off and haven't been really shown.

AmayaPapaya

No Resident Evil Revelations, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Wright vs Layton, Layon: Mask of Miracles, MH3G or MH4, Mario Kart 7, Shinobi, Sonic Generations (I think it'll be different enough from the PC/console version,) Kingdom Hearts 3D, Heroes of Ruin, Ninja Gaiden, Super Smash Bros, Lego City Stories, Bravely Default, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Tekken 3D, MGS: SE 3D, Nano Assault, or Ace Combat?

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

charizard1605

This wasn't PR, this was Iwata talking at an internal company meeting. The transcript was later posted on the website. But this is not PR talk.

This seemed like an investor re-assurance rather than an internal meeting. Not sure why they would need to publish an internal meeting if it wasn't PR.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I called it. I said "March 2012 new pokemon game :roll: " Watch the good critics pan this one.

Calvin079
Is that really all you got from all of that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

This seemed like an investor re-assurance rather than an internal meeting. Not sure why they would need to publish an internal meeting if it wasn't PR.

Oh, it was an investors meeting, all right. But Iwata seems pretty serious. Coupled with what he said about the online strategy (being implemented in November), it seems he recognizes the issues that the 3DS and the Wii U face, and is hell bent on addressing them ASAP.
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

They better show something awesome this time cuz the WiiU reveal was probably the worst console reveal I've ever seen in my entire life.

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
Geez, and people complain about CoD for having yearly rehashes, lol. Still, it's great to know that Nintendo is trying their best to redeem themselves with the Wii-U.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

They better show something awesome this time cuz the WiiU reveal was probably the worst console reveal I've ever seen in my entire life.

Jolt_counter119
It was especially disappointing after how well they handled the 3DS debut at E3 2010.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[Quote="Iwata"]We are also planning to launch the Wii U, which is the successor to the Wii, during the next fiscal year. We would like to show the final format of the Wii U at the E3 show next year. As we learned a bitter lesson with the launch of the Nintendo 3DS, we are trying to take every possible measure so that the Wii U will have a successful launch.

charizard1605

Excited about a re-reveal? Excited about Pokemon?

All signs tell me that Nintendo was to confident in the success of the Wii & DS, and they definitely had plans to reproduce this success with the 3DS and the Wii U. It didn't work as they planned, and after the 3DS's bad reception, Nintendo decided to say "**** it", they released a commercial about its graphical capabilities (all commercials before were about the 3D feature), Iwata apologized, they dropped the price, and now it's allright considering it's doing good in sales and the amount of games it'll have soon enough will cement its status. Now, because they learned their lesson with the 3DS, they aren't going with the plans they had with the Wii U (basically saying "**** it" again) and they are going to focus on the launch lineup, the core, and all that stuff. (i think they overhauled the hardware aswell, making the final product more powerful than what they planned)

Could be wrong, but i think that's what's happening here, which is good.

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 D4W1L4H

GD1551

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/111028/05.html

That doesn't look like PR talk to me...

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

charizard1605

It was especially disappointing after how well they handled the 3DS debut at E3 2010.

Pretty much. And the 3ds still had flaws from the beginning (no second analog) but I still got hyped. I don't think the WiiU showed anything good at all and instead of using the controller for cool things (FPS's and Pikmin with touch controls) they showed gyro and just playing regularly on the screen. Boring.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AmayaPapaya

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

ChubbyGuy40

No Resident Evil Revelations, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Wright vs Layton, Layon: Mask of Miracles, MH3G or MH4, Mario Kart 7, Shinobi, Sonic Generations (I think it'll be different enough from the PC/console version,) Kingdom Hearts 3D, Heroes of Ruin, Ninja Gaiden, Super Smash Bros,Lego City Stories, Bravely Default, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Tekken 3D, MGS: SE 3D, Nano Assault, or Ace Combat?

I originally wrote out this long thing for every game but found it easier to color code.

Red means I don't like the franchise associated with the game/ don't care for the game.

Yellow, I don't know what it is.

Green means it's too far off for me to consider buying a 3DS.

As for what's left, The whole Layton and MH part I addressed in what was said previously, and Sonic IDK what to think. I don't think it's worth buying for a system, but I'm interested to see how good it is though.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Jolt_counter119

Even more disappointing than that, I think, is that they haven't announced anything for it since (unless you count multiplat DQ10).

Whereas E3 2010, Nintendo right off the bat told us a whole bunch of exclusive games were coming for the 3DS, all they had to announce for the Wii U was their excitement over getting multiplats, showing off a bunch of PS3/360 footage after demonstrating teh amazing controller.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Shinobi

Heroes of Ruin

Braveley Default

AmayaPapaya

Well now you do :P

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

The hell is Nintendo doing announcing a console 1.5 years in advance of their launch? And then publicly announce they plan to re-debut their console? Dunno what's gotten into Nintendo lately but they better start pumping out as many Mario games as fast as they can.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

make it holiday 2012 release

zelda and pikmin 3 at launch

wii games bc

gamecube games, on the virtual console

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 D4W1L4H

wii games bc

resevl4rlz
You're dreaming if you think a new Zelda game will be a launch title.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GD1551

Oh, it was an investors meeting, all right. But Iwata seems pretty serious. Coupled with what he said about the online strategy (being implemented in November), it seems he recognizes the issues that the 3DS and the Wii U face, and is hell bent on addressing them ASAP.charizard1605

Hopefully that's true.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ChubbyGuy40

The hell is Nintendo doing announcing a console 1.5 years in advance of their launch? And then publicly announce they plan to re-debut their console?

Basinboy

The PS3 ended up being a bit different than when first revealed. We don't know what changes will be made. There's nothing wrong with publically saying it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Nintendo lost me with the wii.

Chances are I won't come back unless something trully awesome is shown. So far they aren't doing it and even if they show something really awesome, I won't buy anything from them until a year has passed and I can see good games on their system.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

wii games bc

D4W1L4H

You're dreaming if you think a new Zelda game will be a launch title.

ik but a guy gotta dream am i right

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AmayaPapaya

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Shinobi

Heroes of Ruin

Braveley Default

ChubbyGuy40

Well now you do :P

Eh,nah. There are 2 generes I just don't like. Horror and, Racing. Unfortunately, that takes out 2 heavy hitters, Mario Kart and Resident Evil. Also, I am VERY particular about my RPGs and Action game. I usually don't know if I'll like a game from both genres unless I play the game. Most of the time, I end up not liking it, so I don't take chances too often (especially when the RPG is a JRPG, and the Action game is somewhat arcady or on rails...which is mostly what the 3DS has).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

You know it's not too late for them to change that ridiculous console name. Or else it suffer identity crisis just like the 3DS.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

You know it's not too late for them to change that ridiculous console name. Or else it suffer identity crisis just like the 3DS.

Crossel777

It's always been like that. SNES followed NES there was just an inclusion of the word "Super". Gameboy Color followed Gameboy and then Gameboy Advance. There's nothing new with their naming.

stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

I doubt anything Ninty says will get me to buy a Wii U anywhere near launch. Their home consoles are a worthy purchase, but only years after launch when the price has gone down considerably and the library has built up. Yeah, they say it'll be different, but we've all heard that before The N64, the Gamecube, the Wii have all offered less for me than the competition, and the 3DS is hovering in that territory for me (haven't bought or played a 3DS game since DOA: Dimensions). Just like with the Wii, I'm going to wait this one out a few years.

I'm currently backed up on Pokemon games, buuuut if it turns out to be an MMO I will probably hump Iwata's leg.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23902 Posts

I may sound like a jerk for this. But I am glad it is going badly for Nintendo.

Why? Because it gives nintendo a lot of pressure and in return, causes them to work harder than ever. Look at all the reformations they are doing, with most if not all being for the better.

Same thing pretty much happened Sony this gen, with their laughable start forcing them to reform and look at where they are now. Now I hope it goes badly for Blizzard forcing them to do what Sony did and Nintendo is going through right now.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

hopefully all goes well & nintendo can make the wiiu appealing enough for me.

painguy1

Someone please tell me who this is.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

Re-Release = Excellent.

Here's what I see:

New name - Didn't Iwata say that the name confusion of 3DS and DS partly affected sales? Same for Wii and WiiU?

Online Infrastructure for WiiU (If it's still called that :P) and 3DS.

First party games announced will include Pikmin, 3D mario, Fire emblem, Metroid, among others. AKA strong first pary launch titles.

Aesthetically improved controller. Including analog triggers and maybe thumbsticks in place of slidepads.

Among others.

D4W1L4H

I think Nintendo has too much pride to change the name.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

I'm not interested in the new Pokemon game unless it's a sequel to Black/White, not just an updated version of B/W.