Nintendo Direct Conference (All the details are in HERE!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Nintendo Direct Presentation, Event Information

~All the info from their recent event in one place~

About Nintendo Direct:

A new online home for exclusive Nintendo news—broadcast directly to you, the player.

In this first edition of Nintendo Direct, President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime shares some exciting news about Nintendo 3DS and Wii for this holiday and beyond.

Reggie Fils-Aime Presents Nintendo Updates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7w1HeP4clU

The full original Japanese conference video is below.

Nintendo Direct Conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUuXmkjVEWU

Announcement Summary:

3DS Firmware Update

A 3D video capture feature is being added to Nintendo 3DS Camera, which will let users record up to 10 minutes of 3D video and there are many options like interval recording, which allows people to create their own 3D stop-motion animation videos. The firmware will also add the ability to transfer 3DS software to other systems, and basic improvements to the e-shop.

Swapnote (A 3DS messaging program)

Enables you to exchange messages with your friends via StreetPass and SpotPass. You can even add your own 3D Photos and voice recordings to the messages. You can send these messages to your friends, and they will recieve them via SpotPass. So even if your friend is not online, they will get them as soon as they open up their 3ds. If they are online, they will get them instantly. Available for FREE download in December.

StreetPass Mii Plaza update

Mii plaza will be getting new features such as new puzzles and a 2nd Find Mii quest. The 2nd Find Mii quest will be deeper with branching routes, it also lets you use 2 heroes at once to fight enemies with combination attacks. You'll need to beat the 1st quest before you can start this new one.

3D Animation

Starting today, Nintendo 3DS owners can visit the Nintendo eShop and, for $1.99, download a new 3D "Thriller" video that features singing and dancing by their favorite Shrek characters from DreamWorks Animation.

3D Music Videos

Fans of the Nintendo Video service on Nintendo 3DS will soon see the arrival of new 3D music videos, including "Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)" from Foster the People's Torches album.

Hulu Plus

With Hulu Plus, Wii and Nintendo 3DS users will be able to instantly stream thousands of TV episodes – including the entire current season of popular shows like Modern Family, Glee, Dancing with the Stars, The Biggest Loser, House and Grey's Anatomy – from premium content partners like ABC, Comedy Central, FOX, NBC, MTV and many more. Hulu Plus also offers access to cIassic TV favorites like Lost, Battlestar Galactica, The Hills and hundreds of popular and award-winning movies. Hulu Plus is available through a separate subscription fee of $7.99 per month with limited advertising.

Game Details:

Mario Kart 7

MK7 now has an official site (I love how Yoshi looks like he's going to destroy Mario with that red shell):
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/amkj/

Translated 14 minute Iwata Asks Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CagduR-Qq3w
Mario Kart is Back trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImLNxnmG80I

"The heart of Mario Kart is multiplayer racing. Using a broadband Internet connection or local wireless built into the Nintendo 3DS, players can race against their own friends or even against opponents worldwide. The new Community feature allows players to create groups with other Mario Kart fans while setting up specific rules to make customized racing environments. Easy setup allows players to quickly create a community and share with others via the StreetPass™ feature. Community leaderboards will also show the most up-to-date information from recent races. Solo players can race through the Grand Prix and Time Trial modes using either the Circle Pad layout or the motion-sensitive gyro controls of the system to steer their karts. The gyro controls also allow players to control their karts in a first-person perspective, a feature never before seen in the Mario Kart franchise.

Mario Kart 7 will also use StreetPass and SpotPass™ features built into the Nintendo 3DS system. Walking by other Mario Kart 7 players in real life with StreetPass enabled allows gamers to exchange racing scores, win/loss records, number of collected coins and other game data. With SpotPass enabled, players will be able to receive ghost data to race against. Up to seven ghosts can be downloaded at the same time, allowing for a full eight-player race. Additionally, a Mario Kart channel will be a central location for players to view information collected through StreetPass and SpotPass.

Every iteration of the Mario Kart series introduces new twists and turns, and this newest Mario Kart game is no different. New playable characters include Metal Mario from the Super Mario 64™ game and Lakitu, the spectacled cloud-riding Koopa. Players can also choose to race as their own Mii™ characters. New power-ups include the Fire Flower and Super Leaf. The Fire Flower allows players to throw blazing balls of fire at other drivers, while the Super Leaf makes the Tanooki Tail appear on the back of karts to knock other drivers and items out of the way. And, of course, the karts come equipped with gliders for maneuvering through the air and propellers for underwater propulsion.

The Mushroom Cup and Flower Cup introduce eight new courses, including ones on Wuhu Island and one created by Retro Studios set in the jungles from the Donkey Kong Country™ Returns game. The Shell Cup and Banana Cup feature eight cIassic courses, including Luigi's Mansion from the Nintendo DS™ and Koopa Beach from the Nintendo 64™. There will be 16 new courses and 16 cIassic courses total." - Nintendo Press Release

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

New Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCfK-viiDjg

Monster Hunter 3G

Controls Gameplay (I'm loving that touch screen customization): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmXqPESPeEA
Nintendo Direct trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKob2b0cDbo

Lost Heroes

Debut trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbVsRNcco2A

An RPG featuring Gundam, Ultraman, Kamen Rider and more.

Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! [e-Shop]

Gameplay trailer (It's original name was Picture Lives): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxoSFbfWWU

Let your imagination run wild. Create your own "formees" from the ground up and set out to explore a planet filled with wondrous discoveries. During your adventure you unlock dozens of new body parts for your creations and even gain the ability to redesign the world around you. Share your favourite formees with others through StreetPass and QR codes. This game is all about creation, customization and exploration. Available in November for $6.99.

Pushmo - [e-Shop] (From the Developers of the Paper Mario series)

Push and Pull Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j14wTEjy7HY

a unique blend of puzzle and platforming elements where you pull and push blocks and climb up them to reach your goal. This game challenges your wits and skill in more than 250 included levels. You can also design and share your own puzzles. Launches in December.

Nimble Sakura Warrior - [e-Shop]

Gameplay trailer (I'm totally reminded of Okami from it's art styIe): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LalsCUx1vis

A new game featuring Samurai master Takamaru is heading towards the Nintendo eShop.

Dillon's Rolling Western - [e-Shop]

Gameplay trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZuG62jLRXk

A 3D tower defense game that blends action and strategy. It features an armadillo who defends an Old West town rendered in 3D by literally rolling over his enemies. Launches in Q1 2012.

Shissou Surinuke Anatousu - [e-Shop]

Gameplay trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njk7YvYwQVM

A sequel to the Wiiware game ThruSpace, it seems to have a new styIe and more of an action focus.

3D CIassics Kirby's Adventure - [e-Shop]

One of the NES' greatest treasures returns as part of the 3D cIassics series. Be there when Dream Land awakes for the first time in stunning 3D. Available from 17th November 2011 for €6. It's only been mentioned for european release list for now.

3D CIassics: Kid Icarus - [e-Shop]

Club Nintendo will be hosting a campaign. "Chotto Mario na Nintendo 3DS Campaign." 3000 people will win a special Mario-themed 3DS. There are three designs.

Everyone that takes part in the campaign gets 3D CIassics: Kid Icarus for free, 3D CIassics: Kid Icarus will also eventually be offered as a paid download.

Thanks to Gamingclone, ShuichiChamp24 and trugs26 for pointing out some of this information here earlier.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for putting this all together. That's a lot of useful information.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Words can not describe how hyped I was when I saw the Monster Hunter trailer.

and touchscreen customization FTW!

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Took you long enough to make this topic :lol: Jk

Nicely done!

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JollyGreenOne

Excellent!

Thanks for putting this all together. That's a lot of useful information.TankZorz

You're welcome, I'm happy as long as people find this topic useful.

Took you long enough to make this topic :lol: Jk

Nicely done!

Gamingclone

It would've been up a few hours earlier, but my internet browser crashed and I didn't save any of what I had done, so I had to start over. :(

I'm glad you like it.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
lol at those 3DSs, the camera spots look like little eyes :P nice thread BTW.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

much appreciated...

look foward to 3d classics kirby

and kid icarus too.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I feel like every interesting 3DS game I've heard about recently will NEVER come outside of Japan... They are all just soo crazily...japanese..

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts
cool thanks for putting it all together TC. MH3G really puts the touch screen to good use...goo job capcom. the only thing that would concern me is the item usage....the touch screen may make that a bit too easy. that may sound a bit daft but one of the things about MH is calm under pressure. having to scroll through items to get the one you need and then timing its usage is one of those things that makes MH great. the touch screen can take away half of that. still if i dont like it i suppose i can put that function in the bin :P. but yeah..it really just shows how flexible and versatile a touch screen can be. i initally had a heart attack when they showed using the physical dpad to move the camera. i thought (dang....there just going to use an inverted claw type setup). but the the virtual Dpad implementation looks excellent. mario kart 7s online system sounds mostly excellent. the impression i got though was that people would need to share community codes also. bit of a pain. but having ghosts in time trials is a great way to help people improve and get new ideas about kart setup and so on. the rest of the online system is also looking quite nice. getting the game running at 60FPS with 8 karts and all the craziness that ensues in a race is also quite impressive. is that with 3D on also? if so then thats even more impressive. mario land also continues to impress.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i was looking at the monster hunter controls....

seems there is no need for 2nd analog...the 2nd dpad is on the touchscreen thats very smart...

cant they do this for metal gear and kindom hearts too?

the only need for dual analog attachment would be for precision shooters..

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

seems there is no need for 2nd analog...the 2nd dpad is on the touchscreen thats very smart...

the only need for dual analog attachment would be for precision shooters..

KBFloYd
a touch screen mops the floor with an anologue stick for precision shooters. games like metroid prime hunters and moon control very very nicely. but yeah.... clearly there is no need for it. a very nice solution.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JollyGreenOne

I feel like every interesting 3DS game I've heard about recently will NEVER come outside of Japan... They are all just soo crazily...japanese..

VendettaRed07

What games in this topic made you feel like that? Lost Heroes?

the impression i got though was that people would need to share community codes also. bit of a pain.osan0
It's more like this:

On Mario Kart DS/Wii trying to get friends together for a tournament:

Jane, you add Jerry. Ok, now Jerry you add Jane and Jim, Jim can you please add John and James?

On This Mario Kart:

Everyone just add this code and join my community!

:P

Now you can just send that code to everyone on your friends list or post it on an online forum for others to join, so it's much more simple to get friends together. Nintendo will even recommend communities to you.

"As part of its networking feature, the game includes support for communities, places for your friends to gather and play together. You can create your own community, set play rules, and add friends as you like.

Example communities mentioned at the site include "Nearby Community" consisting of your neighbors and "Overseas Community" consisting of overseas players. Each player can create up to eight communities.

To join a community, you can search by the community code that you receive from friends. Nintendo will also be sending out "Recommended Communities" via Spot Pass." - Andriasang.com

the only need for dual analog attachment would be for precision shooters..KBFloYd

Those games still have touch screen controls, the expansion pad is only an option for people and developers who want to use it. I'd love to see the touch screen used like they're using it in Monster Hunter 3G with many other games, since it does seem like a really well made setup.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Meh.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JollyGreenOne

Meh.

Pixel-Perfect

I agree.

Major Event Happened.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#15 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Meh.

JollyGreenOne

I agree.

Major Event Happened.

I don't.

This event has nothing I haven't heard of or want to hear.

:(

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JollyGreenOne

[QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Meh.

Spinnerweb

I agree.

Major Event Happened.

I don't.

This event has nothing I haven't heard of or want to hear.

:(

I think it was an alright presentation with some nice new announcements, although there was nothing mindblowing. I guess that opinion will vary depending on what someone was expecting.

I didn't expect much, so I'm honestly satisfied.

AxMxH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AxMxH
Member since 2011 • 62 Posts

I was suprised not many people posted all the informations came in the last Nintendo conferrence, however.
Finaly after long wait full information about the last conferrence xD Thanks Mate keep the good work up ! Peace !

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I wasn't expecting anything and still meh.

gamer_CNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamer_CNSK
Member since 2010 • 175 Posts
So pumped for the next few months as a 3DS owner!