Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron Announced Game Informer November Cover Revealed!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

I am sooo happy right now! War for Cybertron was one of the best games this gen and is one of my favorite games this gen and by far the best Transformers game, Fall Of Cybertron looks to be a major improvement. Must have of 2012. I can't wait! :D

MODS DO NOT LOCK. THESE ARE NOT SCANS, FROM OFFICIAL GAME INFORMER SITE ARTICLE.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/06/november-cover-revealed-transformers-fall-of-cybertron.aspx

November Cover Revealed: Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron

In 2010, High Moon Studios released War For Cybertron, finally giving Transformers fans a game worth getting excited about. Afterwards, the developer settled back and listened to what the fans wanted, going back to the drawing board to craft a new and improved follow-up.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron continues the story of the Autobots and the Decepticons and their bitter civil war, but changes and improves upon so many of the fundamental ideas that the developer considers the game a natural successor rather than a true sequel. We have over 12 pages of exclusive details on High Moon's new project, including extensive story and gameplay explanations, concept art, and dozens of screenshots. Whether you love the Transformers, or you just love hearing about the next great story-driven action game, Fall of Cybertron should be on your radar.

To celebrate the announcement of the new game, we're thrilled to reveal two stunning cover images. Our primary cover depicts Optimus Prime alongside a long-absent hero within the Transformers fiction. To view any of the images at an even larger size, either click on the image, or right click to view image.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Game Informer Cover 2

Our second, limited-run cover reveals some of the darker tone High Moon Studios hopes to explore in Fall of Cybertron. Dangerous days are ahead for the heroic Autobots.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Game Informer Cover 1

On top of our cover story, we'll be rolling out a a tremendous wealth of additional details throughout the month here on gameinformer.com. Check back every couple of days for more info and additional assets, many of which go above and beyond what you'll find in our print story. To begin exploring all our content, click on the banner below to visit our Transformers: Fall of Cybertron hub page, which will be updated as we add new features.

Beyond our exclusive look at Fall of Cybertron, the November issue of Game Informer has a visit to 343 Industries (the new stewards of the Halo franchise), a peek behind the curtain of one of gaming's biggest publishers in our uncensored history of Ubisoft, and brand new details on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim through our extensive new hands-on feature. Plus, previews of Assassin's Creed Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and Twisted Metal deliver the latest must-read news. And just how good is Batman: Arkham City? Our full review is finally here.

All this and more is on the way to your mailbox in the coming days. If you read Game Informer Digital, look for the new issue to arrive in your inbox on October 11.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Cool i guess, still have to try out War for Cybertron...

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

old.. we know far more than this we even have gameplay footage and a confirmed list of characters.. get to page 2 mon ami

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
megatron looks cool...but the first game was meh..so... pass
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I need that cover for my wallpaper...

as for the Transformers games, the first was good, second was more of the same, and looking forward to where they take the new one.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
never really liked the transformers games , but I do like grimlock and the dinobots. Looking like a rent
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
War for Cybertron was actually a pretty good game. Highly underrated especially by gamespot. I think it got like a 7 here or something and IGN gave it a 9. The multiplayer was pretty good but unfortunately the community died rather quick.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
War for Cybetron was fun I guess, felt generic in some parts and all the grey got boring but it was fun. Hopefully this one has more variety.
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

I'm still roasted from that burn that was Dark of the Moon. I'll wait on this, no blind pre order this time.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

I'm still roasted from that burn that was Dark of the Moon. I'll wait on this, no blind pre order this time.

Grawse

war for cybertron and fall of cybertron are based off the G1 storyline and has nothing to do with the michael bay movies...

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

Rage010101

war for cybertron and fall of cybertron are based off the G1 storyline and has nothing to do with the michael bay movies...

I'm talking about how bad Dark of the Moon was overall. I'm assuming that was because short dev time and with this coming out next year it will be another short dev term.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious, I had no idea.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
First game was pretty fun, I might have to check out this one as well.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
War for Cybertron was actually a pretty good game. Highly underrated especially by gamespot. I think it got like a 7 here or something and IGN gave it a 9. The multiplayer was pretty good but unfortunately the community died rather quick. todd2r
Gamespot gave it a 6.5.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
War for Cybertron was pretty fun. To me, there was two issues with the game: 1) Ammo in single player was a pain. Its fine if your co-oping it (which is awesome how they set that up), but alone your AI buddies arent enough help. They basically dont do anything but draw some enemy fire. Your Ammo will run down quick because you have to do everything lol. Ammo management dominates the experience and keeps you from enjoying it as much as you should. 2) Online got old too quick. There isnt enough variety of upgrades and ranks. The game launched with a paltry number of maps. Its definitely a fun game, but just not enough content to keep me interested after a month or two. I give it an 8 overall. If they improve these areas for Fall of Cybertron, then it should be an excellent game.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blazerdt47

megatron looks cool...but the first game was meh..so... passcampzor

That's not Megatron, that's Grimlock. :|

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

**sees Grimlock -> screams like a Beatles fangirl -> orgasms -> faints** :D

Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

Grimlock ftw. Gen 1 Transformers? Looks like it, will definitely check it out.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nervmeister
That giant tank in the background of the last pic;...Is that Devastator by any chance?
iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts
I think highhmoon/activision should take the risk of making the next transformer in first person view but when transform to vehicle then it back to 3rd view. first person view should be interesting so we can have a better experience behind the metal armor. also add more colors to the game. Honestly the lack of color did got dull after a week of gametime. Include level up, killstreaks, perks I dont mind. Allow players to play as human and hopping in the seat of teammates transformed cars would be so rad. If that is in the next sequal I will buy it for sure
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blazerdt47

I think highhmoon/activision should take the risk of making the next transformer in first person view but when transform to vehicle then it back to 3rd view. first person view should be interesting so we can have a better experience behind the metal armor. also add more colors to the game. Honestly the lack of color did got dull after a week of gametime. Include level up, killstreaks, perks I dont mind. Allow players to play as human and hopping in the seat of teammates transformed cars would be so rad. If that is in the next sequal I will buy it for sureiwasgood2u

Turns out it has more colors. It's been confirmed already there will be a huge upgrade in graphics. Someone played it at PAX behind closed doors and said graphics are already superior to WFC and it's only Alpha.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

[QUOTE="iwasgood2u"]I think highhmoon/activision should take the risk of making the next transformer in first person view but when transform to vehicle then it back to 3rd view. first person view should be interesting so we can have a better experience behind the metal armor. also add more colors to the game. Honestly the lack of color did got dull after a week of gametime. Include level up, killstreaks, perks I dont mind. Allow players to play as human and hopping in the seat of teammates transformed cars would be so rad. If that is in the next sequal I will buy it for sureBlazerdt47

Turns out it has more colors. It's been confirmed already there will be a huge upgrade in graphics. Someone played it at PAX behind closed doors and said graphics are already superior to WFC and it's only Alpha.

Awesome cant wait to see gameplays.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nervmeister
I'll be really happy if Soundwave can actually use Rumble, Frenzy, and Laserbeak in gameplay this time around.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"]megatron looks cool...but the first game was meh..so... passBlazerdt47

r u sure? T rex = Megatron?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mitu123

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]megatron looks cool...but the first game was meh..so... passcampzor

This is Megatron:

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 campzor
i cant see the link..but only reason i said megatron is cause im going by beast wars transformers lol  and that i presumably thought the two leaders would be on the cover , optimus/megatron
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mitu123

i cant see the link..but only reason i said megatron is cause im going by beast wars transformers lol and that i presumably thought the two leaders would be on the cover , optimus/megatroncampzor
Ok, another pic:

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 campzor
^ too many versions lol... isnt that michael bay transformers megatron? (though if the game is a movie tie in..fair enough)
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nervmeister
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]megatron looks cool...but the first game was meh..so... passcampzor

Only in Beast Wars. In the original series from 1980's there was an Autobot named Grimlock who led a team called the Dinobots and, as their name suggests, all of them could transform into robotic dinosaurs.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Speaking of transformers. Why did bay make all the autobots look similar to the originals but then none of the decepticons look like they usually look like? And their all silver. Makes my inner child sad