Abortion: with or against?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Do you consider abortion as an unconditional right for any woman to excercise if she doesn't want to deliver a baby for other than health reasons?
Or you consider the concept of clinically destabilizing and eliminating a child before being born unethical?

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts

Realize that this thread will get locked since my thread got locked as well about the same subject ;)

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
It's unethical after a certain point... and should be illegal. There's no excuse for having an abortion months into the pregnancy.
hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts
id rather take the blood cells than have a future kid in this world who thinks he can beat me in call of duty
biohaznerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 biohaznerd
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts

if abortion is murder, then swallowing is cannibalism and masturbation is genocide attempt.

fin.

CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CaveJohnson1
Member since 2011 • 1714 Posts

I don't think something can be considered a human until it has brain function....after that it's a gray area for a bit....

Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts
abortions for some, miniature American flags for all!
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Neutral...:/
Hubadubalubahu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hubadubalubahu
Member since 2005 • 1081 Posts
There are plenty of other options other than abortion. that said its a choice and thats that. however bad or good it may be. normally though i dont touch this subject with a ten foot pole.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

I'm pro-life. Which means I'm Against abortion & Euthanasia. "prepares for ragestorm". :|

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
I'm against it, but it's a huge grey area that I'd rather keep myself away from as much as possible.
Genesis-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Genesis-X
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts
Depends on if the mother's life is at risk.
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Setsa
id rather take the blood cells than have a future kid in this world who thinks he can beat me in call of dutyhadoken
... For some reason the thread topic, your post, and your sig combined made me lol
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DevilishStyles
Member since 2010 • 766 Posts

I generally tend to think that people against abortion are the most close minded individuals in the world. But that's just me.

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Setsa

I generally tend to think that people against abortion are the most close minded individuals in the world. But that's just me.

DevilishStyles
I generally tend to think that people against people against abortion are the most close minded individuals in the world. Balls in your court!
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

With. In many cases, abortions will save a life instead of possibly ruining it depending on the circumstances. It should not be overused though.

DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#18 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts

100% for it. No matter what the reason, **** happens and you shouldn't have to have a child if you aren't ready for it.

DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DevilishStyles
[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"]

thegerg
Why is that?

Because they view abortion solely as "baby killing".
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DevilishStyles
[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"]

Setsa
I generally tend to think that people against people against abortion are the most close minded individuals in the world. Balls in your court!

I'll give you points for effort.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
If you make it illegal you simply drive it into the black market.
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Setsa
[QUOTE="Setsa"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"]

DevilishStyles

None for wit? :( In all seriousness though, regardless of one's individual opinion of controversial topics like abortion and same-sex marriage, I believe the most ignorant thing to do is brand an entire sect of people as ignorant or close minded solely because their views differ from your own. Such prejudice can, ultimately, be a larger problem than the initial topic at hand.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidSnake35

100% for it. No matter what the reason, **** happens and you shouldn't have to have a child if you aren't ready for it.

DJ-PRIME90
What kind of argument is s*** happens? That kind of mistake shouldn't just happen. Why? Because the consequences ARE so severe. People need to learn that instead of destroying lives.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidSnake35
If you make it illegal you simply drive it into the black market. KC_Hokie
And then we can catch those disgraces to humanity and lock them up.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]If you make it illegal you simply drive it into the black market. SolidSnake35

And that's worked so well for every other profession driven into the black market.
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DevilishStyles
[QUOTE="Setsa"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"][QUOTE="Setsa"] I generally tend to think that people against people against abortion are the most close minded individuals in the world. Balls in your court!

None for wit? :( In all seriousness though, regardless of one's individual opinion of controversial topics like abortion and same-sex marriage, I believe the most ignorant thing to do is brand an entire sect of people as ignorant or close minded solely because their views differ from your own. Such prejudice can, ultimately, be a larger problem than the initial topic at hand.

Not really. I just never met anyone who was against abortion who had valid points in their defense. It's always been "Oh but abortion is killing babies". They never see the side where abortion is needed, such as rape victims. Never. This is from my experience. Maybe I worded that wrong. Too late to correct it.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]If you make it illegal you simply drive it into the black market. KC_Hokie

And that's worked so well for every other profession driven into the black market.

Aim high.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"][QUOTE="Setsa"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"] I'll give you points for effort.

Not really. I just never met anyone who was against abortion who had valid points in their defense. It's always been "Oh but abortion is killing babies". They never see the side where abortion is needed, such as rape victims. Never. This is from my experience. Maybe I worded that wrong. Too late to correct it.

Except not that many people get raped, do they?
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DevilishStyles
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"][QUOTE="Setsa"] None for wit? :( In all seriousness though, regardless of one's individual opinion of controversial topics like abortion and same-sex marriage, I believe the most ignorant thing to do is brand an entire sect of people as ignorant or close minded solely because their views differ from your own. Such prejudice can, ultimately, be a larger problem than the initial topic at hand.

Oh right, rape is something we rarely hear about on the news.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Against. Never have understood the arguments for it.

Genesis-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Genesis-X
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]If you make it illegal you simply drive it into the black market. KC_Hokie

Well then clearly it should all be legal amirite?
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"] Not really. I just never met anyone who was against abortion who had valid points in their defense. It's always been "Oh but abortion is killing babies". They never see the side where abortion is needed, such as rape victims. Never. This is from my experience. Maybe I worded that wrong. Too late to correct it.

Do rape victims make up the majority of abortions? And even if they did, would it be so bad to outlaw abortion in the few other cases?
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"][QUOTE="Setsa"] None for wit? :( In all seriousness though, regardless of one's individual opinion of controversial topics like abortion and same-sex marriage, I believe the most ignorant thing to do is brand an entire sect of people as ignorant or close minded solely because their views differ from your own. Such prejudice can, ultimately, be a larger problem than the initial topic at hand.SolidSnake35

Does it matter? It's still something that women usually do not want to happen to them. Getting pregnant would be worse.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
Strongly against it. But then, i'm biased because i've been born.
Genesis-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Genesis-X
Strongly against it. But then, i'm biased because i've been born. fidosim
Yeah, I don't think I would've appreciated being aborted either. >:[
CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CaveJohnson1
Member since 2011 • 1714 Posts

I don't even know if that much is needed, all you really need is a cloths hanger, it's just much more dangerous.

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
I'm for it. If someone wants/needs an abortion then let them. It's better than bringing (yet another) unwanted child into the world that just ends up getting abused or put into foster care. Plus we could use more stem cells
[QUOTE="fidosim"]Strongly against it. But then, i'm biased because i've been born. Genesis-X
Yeah, I don't think I would've appreciated being aborted either. >:[

You wouldn't have known you were aborted, so you wouldn't have cared though!
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
A believe in a woman's right to choose.
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DevilishStyles
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] Except not that many people get raped, do they?

Do rape victims make up the majority of abortions? And even if they did, would it be so bad to outlaw abortion in the few other cases?

It doesn't matter if they do make up the majority or not. If a woman is a victim, she should be given the option. You can't just say "Oh you got raped, sucks to be you. Good luck raising the child". And she shouldn't have to go through the entire pregnancy either to give it up for adoption. She didn't choose to be raped. As for women who are not victims of rape, they have the choice to keep it or not. Mistakes happen. Why? Because we're humans.
CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts

I'm not sure I really feel strongly either way.

I understand how it can be beneficial in some cases. But at the same time I don't like the idea of it being used as just another form of birth control without any forethought. That's just me, though. Mostly I just think it should be the decision of the people involved.

LORD_BLACKGULT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LORD_BLACKGULT
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts

I want women to be forced to have children they don't want. I then want those unwanted children thrown in an orphanage, so they all get parents that want them. If women wish, they can take the illegal route, and getextremely dangerous backalley abortions, and risk getting kidnapped,raped, murdered, any combination thereof, or worse, afterall, if they want a fetus murdered, they got it coming. Abortiton, I am against... as what random women that I never knew even exised do affects me personally.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
Is there a "depends" choice?
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
It should be a woman's right to choose. I think there should be some restrictions on it though. For the most part I think Canada has the right idea.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I am for: - First-trimester-only abortions available to all women under privatised system (i.e. insurance or out-of-pocket only, no taxpayer funding). - All stages of pre-birth abortion available anonymously to rape victims, medical emergencies and underage girls under a public system (i.e. taxpayer-funded). - A system that tracks a woman's abortion history (first case only) and forces her to get a hysterectomy after 3 abortions over a short period of time (i.e. 5 years). - As soon as a technology becomes feasible to remove the foetus and implant it in another woman, or grow it in an artificial environment, then all abortions become criminalised.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"] Oh right, rape is something we rarely hear about on the news.

It doesn't matter if they do make up the majority or not. If a woman is a victim, she should be given the option. You can't just say "Oh you got raped, sucks to be you. Good luck raising the child". And she shouldn't have to go through the entire pregnancy either to give it up for adoption. She didn't choose to be raped. As for women who are not victims of rape, they have the choice to keep it or not. Mistakes happen. Why? Because we're humans.

I'm on the edge when it comes to rape victims. But I think adoption is viable with those cases. Mistakes? People suffer for their mistakes all the time.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Depends entirely on the circumstances/reasons for it.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I don't care about women's rights, but I know that the more accessible abortion is, the less likely I get stuck having to pay child support.