Far Cry 3 alternate demo playthrough video (sniping, more action)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0oZ5V3eXbQ&feature=feedu

Ubisoft released an alternate playthrough for their FarCry 3 E3 2011 demo. Not extremely different from what we've seen before, but there's enough new details to make it interesting: some sweet sniping action with an SVD (a great thing is sniper aim is unsteady, like in CoD), he uses a zip line to cross the encampment, he loots up an SD card from a body, he chucks a few grenades around, he blows up a bridge wiith an explosive barrel, he slides around (like in FC2) and you can see an on-screen message saying he leveled up and has 1 skill point ready to be spent.

Pretty sweet video, definitely check it out if yu're hyped about this game

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
looking good :D Thanks for sharing :)
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i watched this on ign earlier it looks good

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Looks awesome.

I'm actually playing Farcry 2 right now, it's one of the most addictive and open games I've ever played.

You can be a guerilla, moving around, living off the land, kill militia, cause havok.

Think "Just Cause 2" but in first person without the grappling hook.

If any of you decide to try it out just remember the 1 thing that is the key to having fun in this game : Get out and walk.

Alot of people don't have fun because they are stuck to the idea of using cars, then they run into patrols every 10 seconds and it gets goddamn annoying.

Car is a temporary thing you use, for a few seconds here and there. %90 of the time I am on foot, and the game opened up and went from tedious to awesome.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Black_Knight_00

Looks awesome.

I'm actually playing Farcry 2 right now, it's one of the most addictive and open games I've ever played.

You can be a guerilla, moving around, living off the land, kill militia, cause havok.

If any of you decide to try it out just remember the 1 thing that is the key to having fun in this game : Get out and walk.

Alot of people don't have fun because they are stuck to the idea of using cars, then they run into patrols every 10 seconds and it gets goddamn annoying.

Car is a temporary thing you use, for a few seconds here and there. %90 of the time I am on foot, and the game opened up and went from tedious to awesome.

ZombieKiller7
I SO agree. Listening to the trees rustling in the wind, hiding in the tall grass while spying on militias with your sniper scope, watching thousands of leaves dancing in a storm, jumping in the river from the tallest rock... that's what makes FarCry2 amazing. Cars are a nuisance
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Nice, combat looks a lot better than FC2.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#7 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

Looks awesome.

ZombieKiller7
Im a huge fan of FC2, I hope this keeps a few things that part 2 had, like the healing animations, fire effects, buddies, weapons rustling, map markers on sites
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Holy s***! That was freaking awesome. So many options.... the zipline sealed it for me.

When is this game coming out? i wanna play it now.

I might even give Far Cry 2 another chance. I got bored to death playing just the first hour.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#9 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

ZombieKiller7

I agree. I only use the car in Far Cry 2 when it tactically makes sense or I want to mix things up. With enough patience and a good loadout I can sneak from one end of the map to the other, completely bypassing patrols and sneaking strait through outposts. Driving is just a surefire way to attract attention to yourself. Cars are useful when you use them for plowing through defenses, getting away from hotspots, or making car bombs to ambush convoys, but if you just drive your way from point a to point b, taking head on every enemy you see, of course it'll get repetetive. The game gives you incredible freedom, you're supposed to use it.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I didn't really like FC2, but that looked really good. The only thing that I didn't like is the XP popping up when you killed someone.

evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts
They could've gone for a stealthy approach surely? At least that would show more variety than what was quite similar to the first video. Still looks great, and I'm still excited about this game, I just think that video was a bit of a wasted opportunity.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00

Holy s***! That was freaking awesome. So many options.... the zipline sealed it for me.

When is this game coming out? i wanna play it now.

I might even give Far Cry 2 another chance. I got bored to death playing just the first hour.

S0lidSnake

Game will come out Q1 2012. Good to hear you'll be picking this up, I'll get it on PS3 then, so we can play some multiplayer. Definitely, definitely give FarCry2 another chance, man. Listen to a guy who beat it 4 times, including the hardest setting: skip all the side missions and do only arms dealer assignments, ignore buddy phone calls, drive as little as possible and walk instead, pick a sniper rifle as your primary weapon, use bus stations to fast travel whenever you can. That's the way to avoid repetition and make the game absolutely amazing :D

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It looks awesome i'm defintly going to buy it when it comes out next year.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Was playing some FC2 last night, game rocks so hard.

I was on one of the weapon shop missions where you have to kill a truck.

Snuck into militia camp, stole their diamond, turned around there was a guy there...shot him in the face, then I hear the truck.

Pull out RPG, nailed the truck, it set off a chain reaction that blew up barrels and killed another couple of guys.

Then I ran out of the camp with 2 jeeps chasing me and snuck away.

I took zero damage, nailed the truck, got the diamond, and spent 3 bullets.

Had this big smile on my face like "yeah I'm bad, I'm bad."

Sniper loadout : Dragunov, Uzi, RPG

Commando loadout : Silent MP5, IED, Dart Rifle

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Black_Knight_00

Was playing some FC2 last night, game rocks so hard.

I was on one of the weapon shop missions where you have to kill a truck.

Snuck into militia camp, stole their diamond, turned around there was a guy there...shot him in the face, then I hear the truck.

Pull out RPG, nailed the truck, it set off a chain reaction that blew up barrels and killed another couple of guys.

Then I ran out of the camp with 2 jeeps chasing me and snuck away.

I took zero damage, nailed the truck, got the diamond, and spent 3 bullets.

Had this big smile on my face like "yeah I'm bad, I'm bad."

Sniper loadout : Dragunov, Uzi, RPG

Commando loadout : Silent MP5, IED, Dart Rifle

ZombieKiller7
haha well played. Also try this: - Dragunov - M-249 LMG - Silent Makarov / IED Great allround combo
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Looks like the original FarCry and been there seen it, And ANOTHER game that uses "plus" points zzzzzz Wheres the originality in game? This just looks "Pfffffft".

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Looks awesome.

Black_Knight_00

I SO agree. Listening to the trees rustling in the wind, hiding in the tall grass while spying on militias with your sniper scope, watching thousands of leaves dancing in a storm, jumping in the river from the tallest rock... that's what makes FarCry2 amazing. Cars are a nuisance

It sounds great when you say it like that sure. But everyone who has played Far Cry 2 knows that its actually pretty awful. The gameplay mechanics are so messed up. Its like they built a gorgeous game and then the gameplay was just slapped on at the end. Awful AI and very repetitive. And it also has the problem of "if you shoot one guy suddenly they all know where you are". But I still had lots of fun just running around setting things on fire

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Looks awesome.

seanmcloughlin

It sounds great when you say it like that sure. But everyone who has played Far Cry 2 knows that its actually pretty awful. The gameplay mechanics are so messed up. Its like they built a gorgeous game and then the gameplay was just slapped on at the end. Awful AI and very repetitive. And it also has the problem of "if you shoot one guy suddenly they all know where you are". But I still had lots of fun just running around setting things on fire

It has its flaws, you can actually find a really old thread on these boards where I complain about repetition, controls and lack of story. Still, for scale and immersion it's one of the best shooters ever made. When you're walking on the sand of the desert or sneaking through the undergowth or hiding in the water under a bridge waiting for a patrol to pass, it just feels real, you are there. I agree AI can be stupid at times, but there aren't many games where an enemy calls suppressing fire from his friends to go and drag a wounded buddy behind cover to treat his wounds. It's little details like that that make this game amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] I SO agree. Listening to the trees rustling in the wind, hiding in the tall grass while spying on militias with your sniper scope, watching thousands of leaves dancing in a storm, jumping in the river from the tallest rock... that's what makes FarCry2 amazing. Cars are a nuisanceBlack_Knight_00

It has its flaws, you can actually find a really old thread on these boards where I complain about repetition, controls and lack of story. Still, for scale and immersion it's one of the best shooters ever made. When you're walking on the sand of the desert or sneaking through the undergowth or hiding in the water under a bridge waiting for a patrol to pass, it just feels real, you are there. I agree AI can be stupid at times, but there aren't many games where an enemy calls suppressing fire from his friends to go and drag a wounded buddy behind cover to treat his wounds. It's little details like that that make this game amazing

I hope Far Cry 3 addresses these problems though. Nothing worse than having a gorgeous game with horrible fundamentals. Fix AI and repitition and it will have me hooked

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

I hope Far Cry 3 addresses these problems though. Nothing worse than having a gorgeous game with horrible fundamentals. Fix AI and repitition and it will have me hooked

They seem to be doing that. They also seem to be going for more colorful over the top action instead of the gritty realism of FarCry2. Most of the Ai problems happened because Ai wasn't scripted, but dynamic, reacting to your every move. I've watched the demo over and over and AI seems a little more scripted, not necessarily a bad thing. Oh and the plot is back, with that insanity epidemic hinted at by the game designers. Only two things I don't like too much about FarCry3 are the XP numbers popping up after every kill and the enemy awareness arrows. I hope they let us turn that stuff off. FarCry needs no HUD or indicators
SWIFFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SWIFFT
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts
I really enjoyed FC2 but did get annoyed at the constant patrols when driving....I'm going to play through the game again like everyone here has suggested (limited driving and more sneaking). Thanks everyone for the suggestion. The alternate demo of FC3 is really great and makes me very excited for 2012.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Only two things I don't like too much about FarCry3 are the XP numbers popping up after every kill and the enemy awareness arrows. I hope they let us turn that stuff off. FarCry needs no HUD or indicatorsBlack_Knight_00

Definitely agree. It makes things too arcadey and easy with that BS. Needs to be immersive.

NukaNuked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 NukaNuked
Member since 2011 • 973 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

Only two things I don't like too much about FarCry3 are the XP numbers popping up after every kill and the enemy awareness arrows. I hope they let us turn that stuff off. FarCry needs no HUD or indicatorsseanmcloughlin

Definitely agree. It makes things too arcadey and easy with that BS. Needs to be immersive.

Agreed, on and off would be nice too though.