PSN is down 4/21/11 - *KEEP IT HERE*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conortehgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 conortehgamer
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

Moderator edit: Please keep all discussion of the PSN problems in this thread. There's too many threads about this cluttering the board, so please keep your discussion here or have your thread locked

anyone esle getting error codes watch my youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SUuDhzi4dA

Moderator edit 2:Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread, sir. Need to borrow your post to archive all the updates regarding the outage.

The latest update from the PlayStation Blog:

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the current outage of PlayStation Network & Qriocity services. We are currently working to send a similar message to the one below via email to all of our registered account holders regarding a compromise of personal information as a result of an illegal intrusion on our systems. These malicious actions have also had an impact on your ability to enjoy the services provided by PlayStation Network and Qriocity including online gaming and online access to music, movies, sports and TV shows. We have a clear path to have PlayStation Network and Qriocity systems back online, and expect to restore some services within a week.

We're working day and night to ensure it is done as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and feedback.

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:
We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

1. Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;
  2. Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and
  3. Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

April 26 update

EDIT (again): Here's some helpful steps to follow from Renzokucant (many thanks for putting that together, sir!) should your personal info turn out to be stolen.

P.S. AFTER STEP 1 (CALLING EQUIFAX TO LOCK YOUR ACCOUNT) IS IF YOU KNOW YOUR ID WAS STOLEN. IF YOU ARE NOT A VICTEM OF FRAUD, ITS NOT NECESSARY TO CONTACT THE FTC, IRS, OR SS. just monitor your account through equifax (technically they do it for you lol, just sit back and wait for those emails that say "hey, no news is good news"

Step 1:

Its a good idea to call equifax anyway because you should always keep an eye on your credit score, its just good info to have. But call equifax and Have them put a fraud alert on your SS#. They will alert the other 2 credit unions for you. (There are 3 total).

--- Might want to purchase thier lifelock product, its about $120 a year and its very worth the piece of mind, they will monitor your SS# and any CC numbers you want to put in there. It will also give you access to your Credit reports and scores and give you email or text updates about what goes on with your accounts immediately.

--- once your a member and set up your account. they will walk you through it on the phone when you buy the product, (they will give you a discount as well given your situation, thats why its like 120$ a year) but after its all set up, hang up, call them back, and have them verify you to get back in your account, just tell them you wanted to make sure the rep got the information down correctly(they didnt for me the first time and it threw me in a panic when i called to check my status cause they had my bday wrong and i was like what the hell...)

--- ask them about a personal representative form that you can have sent to you, so you can list for example, your parents on your account so they can call on your behalf as well.. i promise you, your going to get fed up at one point and just wont be able to take it anymore, and if you can get them to make a call for you (p.s. when all is said and done you will be on the phone for like 3-6 hours) it will take a load off your mind.

Step 2:

contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) let them know what happened and they will also flag your account for review, and document that you (and i mean YOU) are attempting to set the record strait. because from this point forward documentation will be your life. But the FTC is more like a business that is designed to gather info on whats goin wrong to prevent it in the future, not helpful immediately for you but still a good service.

Step 3:

The FTC may ask you to create a police report, you can google your local police dpt, call them and find out what precinct you should go to for your area, you will need documentation before you go there though, but since you called equifax first they will be sending you a letter outlining your incident and your new life lock, that should suffice. get your Police report number, call the FTC back and give it to them. its just documentation is all.

Step 4:

(this is for people like myself who KNOW they have had an ID Theft) you can call the IRS and have them flag your account as well. they will tell you to call the credit unions (which you did), then file a police report (which you did) and contact Social Security (which you really dont need to do right now, just hold on to all documentation).. the only time social security comes into effect is for example, if someone had your ID and they were causing you to have more income then you file for, because they are adding thier W2 to yours but your only aware of yours.. either way this really doesnt apply to you because you called equifax and they are monitoring your account so it wont happen.

After that.. just relax... Its ok to panic for a bit, but honestly, if your like me and my age, i called my mom and freaked out then she walked me through it, your rents will too (im saying this cause im sure theres alot of 20'somethings out there with ps3's who are paniced right now). when all is said and done. the end result is, your life from this point forward will just require an extra password that the IRS wont file your taxes without (no biggie) and anytime anyone runs your credit, for example if your applying for a loan for a house, or want to get into an apt, you call equifax to let them know, and they will lift the lock temporarily for the apt complex.. all in all you will learn alot about life, and how things work, basically you will... to quote bruce willis "Cowbow the F'k up" real quick.

Remember people: take necessary steps to not give away your personal info. i suggest cutting the fat from your facebooks.. no need for your address, place of employment, email address, phone number, dogs name, and mothers maiden name to be all over it... because GUESS WHAT... when you call the IRS... Credit unions... social security... etc.... that is EXACTLY what they ask you to identify who you are... im not even kidding, not even a little bit...

P.S- The last time you filed taxes without incident.. get that info together and always have it at the ready, because thats what the IRS will go by to verify you as well..

Please leave any questions or comments i'll try to check back here periodically to throw my experience in, also google and your parents are your friend. if your ever unsure about anything, ask a question. people get paid money to answer your questions all day. places like H&R block, IRS customer service, Equifax, and to a lesser degree Social Security Dpt (they were rude to me).

Renzokucant

Diego_921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Diego_921
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts
yeah same here tried to watch some netflix and got an error code
xGho5tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xGho5tx
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

Yeah the network is down

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/20/update-on-psn-service-outages-2/

shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts

Freaking anon, I hate you all :evil:

Look at this total BS statement they put out today:

I wish that all should (be) inform (ed) on the events (of) Anonymous and do not judge the story without first being well informed. Anonymous does not want to be an enemy, Anonymous is a friend of the people, if you think Anonymous is wrong do not hesitate to have your say, do not let anyone manipulate your ideas and do not let yourself be caught by appearances. Above all, we are not criminals, paranoid jerks. Anonymous is composed of all races, sex and religion. It 's just the tool to awaken the global consciousness, at least in the network. There are people who daily kill, steal, but it's right there sitting on a leather armchair.The worthless losers of anonymous
You aren't my friend, you're an absolute pest to society.

PalmPixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PalmPixi
Member since 2011 • 361 Posts

Freaking anon, I hate you all :evil:

Look at this total BS statement they put out today:

[QUOTE="The worthless losers of anonymous"]I wish that all should (be) inform (ed) on the events (of) Anonymous and do not judge the story without first being well informed. Anonymous does not want to be an enemy, Anonymous is a friend of the people, if you think Anonymous is wrong do not hesitate to have your say, do not let anyone manipulate your ideas and do not let yourself be caught by appearances. Above all, we are not criminals, paranoid jerks. Anonymous is composed of all races, sex and religion. It 's just the tool to awaken the global consciousness, at least in the network. There are people who daily kill, steal, but it's right there sitting on a leather armchair.shani_boy101

You aren't my friend, you're an absolute pest to society.

Okay. It's confirmed. Anon are the smartest people in the world. It couldn't have possibly been Sony's mistake, nope it was Anon. :roll:

Hammerhead72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hammerhead72
Member since 2011 • 224 Posts

^ I couldn't agree more. To hell with Anon.

demoman314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 demoman314
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

we need a players anonymous against anonymous...this kinda totally sucks. i was enjoying my psn just fine, then the hackers showed up and ruined it, so sony stopped them, and now these guys ruin it for all...excellent. i really dont care for gods sake people so a company doesn't want their stuff tampered with, they win the settlement, leave it be. there are illigitement wars around the world and entire terrorist states and continuous economic meltdown and this is what they are so worried about? my god...prioritize you damn hacker losers

Issa-boyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Issa-boyz
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
does anyone know when the PSN will be back ? Why is any of this happening anyways?!!
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
We really need a sticky for this so we stop getting 50 new topics a day on it. Although considering how many topics there are on it, im amazed people are still making new ones.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
We really need a sticky for this so we stop getting 50 new topics a day on it. Although considering how many topics there are on it, im amazed people are still making new ones.Rattlesnake_8
Because they don't read what came before first. They just go to create a new topic.
PrincessMJ420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PrincessMJ420
In GA, still having trouble signing in... it doesn't even try, just gives the error. WTH? I can't get to the network page for updates, either?
pH347m3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 pH347m3
Member since 2010 • 492 Posts

It isn't Anonymous. That's what they want you to think.

LovelyLost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LovelyLost
Member since 2011 • 130 Posts
How long is this gonna take =/
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Its fine for some of us, including me :D

djseebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 djseebee
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

it happens to me yesterday, shutting down certain times and and take back from 10 to 15 min, i thought it from my ISP

savagetofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 savagetofu
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

I played DCUO until about midnight cst (mid west). I got on today around 7:55am only to find the error. I wondered what was going on so I checked on here.

If this is really something these hackers are doing I hope they get caught & are brought to justice. I work hard all day & I am raising a family. I am lucky to get to play 1 hour a day. Normally I get to play only once or twice a week at most. Most of us on here just want to play the games we paid for. Lord knows DCUO has enough bugs as it is.

If you guys from anon did this & your reading please stop. I do not agree nor support any of your statements. My 7 year old son wanted to play a game for 20 minutes before he had to go to school & he could not get online. I like Sony & I support them by paying for games I like to play. Instead of being cyber (bully's) terrorist's why don't you build somthing great instead of tearing something down. If you do not like Sony you do not have to tear them down. Just dont' support their services. Martin Luther King Jr didn't get his cause known by tearing down the system.

There is Karma.

survivor9712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 survivor9712
Member since 2010 • 366 Posts

so it's locked because of hackers ?

blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blade420play
i say we send out the military / cia to find these people and drag them into the street and tell everyone who they are then shoot them in the kneecaps! if thats what is happening. if not , just move them to a deserted island with a big fence and coast guard and let them die off from hunger
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

These people really are ruining the gaming world and the video game experience for everyone else. They are a scab on the **** of society

ColonelVodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ColonelVodka
Member since 2011 • 360 Posts

i say we send out the military / cia to find these people and drag them into the street and tell everyone who they are then shoot them in the kneecaps! if thats what is happening. if not , just move them to a deserted island with a big fence and coast guard and let them die off from hunger blade420play
Yeah, let's not. That sort of mentality alone is worse than anything anonymous has done so far.

blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blade420play
does anyone know how to get these jacka**es attention??? i'd like to tell "them" how i feel!!
blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blade420play
why not? all i want to do is play my little bit of call of duty. but nooooo i have to deal with some fat pale skinned virgin losers ruining what little time i have that i can play
ColonelVodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ColonelVodka

why not? all i want to do is play my little bit of call of duty. but nooooo i have to deal with some fat pale skinned virgin losers ruining what little time i have that i can playblade420play
Go play a single player game until Sony sorts it out. You won't die from not being able to play online.

blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blade420play

[QUOTE="blade420play"]i say we send out the military / cia to find these people and drag them into the street and tell everyone who they are then shoot them in the kneecaps! if thats what is happening. if not , just move them to a deserted island with a big fence and coast guard and let them die off from hunger ColonelVodka

Yeah, let's not. That sort of mentality alone is worse than anything anonymous has done so far.

just hoping that one of them happens to see and remarks so i can have a word with "them"
Donniebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Donniebeast
that really stinks. wonder if it will get better
blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blade420play
look, i understand the cause but if they are such great hackers then shut down the company leaders systems not the people you are supposed to be trying to protect. if you want cheaper electric you start a boycott dont blow up the power plant then you just piss everybody off duh
Avatar image for gracideadude012
gracideadude012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gracideadude012
Member since 2009 • 921 Posts

Seemed suspicious to me earlier when I kept getting an error, but then I remembered about the Anon guys and wanted to post a topic about it but it's the same with all of you then, Anon guys are so f***ing @55h01es, I just bought 5 new games and want to get online to play them. =(

blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blade420play

You are aware that some people buy games for the multiplayer component alone? Or were you too busy being condescending to notice?

brouger
yeah call of duty single player takes loke 2-4 hours to complete . multiplayer lasts forever!!
brouger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 brouger
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts

[QUOTE="blade420play"]why not? all i want to do is play my little bit of call of duty. but nooooo i have to deal with some fat pale skinned virgin losers ruining what little time i have that i can playColonelVodka

Go play a single player game until Sony sorts it out. You won't die from not being able to play online.

You are aware that some people buy games for the multiplayer component alone? Or were you too busy being condescending to notice?

Donniebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Donniebeast
look, i understand the cause but if they are such great hackers then shut down the company leaders systems not the people you are supposed to be trying to protect. if you want cheaper electric you start a boycott dont blow up the power plant then you just piss everybody off duhblade420play
Agreed, really makes no sense to why they do that.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Not to start a system war or anything, but this is one of the many reasons why XBL is far superior to PSN. It's been down for the past 8 hours for me, and that's only since I started trying to go online. It could have been down far longer than that.
blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blade420play
yeah but you have to pay, buy the expansion pack, oh and its microsoft im sure that anon will be greathing down your neck shortly
risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

NOOOOOO!!!! I haven't synced my UC2 trophy yet!!!!!

blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blade420play
yeah but you have to pay, buy the expansion pack, oh and its microsoft im sure that anon will be greathing down your neck shortlyblade420play
not that i hate xbox, i like halo its just the truth
ColonelVodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ColonelVodka

[QUOTE="ColonelVodka"]

[QUOTE="blade420play"]why not? all i want to do is play my little bit of call of duty. but nooooo i have to deal with some fat pale skinned virgin losers ruining what little time i have that i can playbrouger

I was not trying to be condescending to anyone. The fact of the matter is that no one here can do anything about it. It's up to Sony to take care of their own servers. If you want to voice your concerns to Sony, you can email them. However, spouting hatred and a desire for violence against hackers will not fix anything.

blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blade420play
[QUOTE="ColonelVodka"]

[QUOTE="brouger"]

[QUOTE="ColonelVodka"] Go play a single player game until Sony sorts it out. You won't die from not being able to play online.

I was not trying to be condescending to anyone. The fact of the matter is that no one here can do anything about it. It's up to Sony to take care of their own servers. If you want to voice your concerns to Sony, you can email them. However, spouting hatred and a desire for violence against hackers will not fix anything.

so i should be mad at sony for catching theives?not their fault hackers cant come up with things on their own so they have to steal and copy from the people who can
blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blade420play
i mean. security companies shouldnt have to give you the codes to their safes should they? communism only works when there are no free wills
brouger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 brouger

[QUOTE="brouger"]

[QUOTE="ColonelVodka"] Go play a single player game until Sony sorts it out. You won't die from not being able to play online.

ColonelVodka

No you are right it won't but you have to understand that for some people multiplayer gaming is maybe all they have in their lives or perhaps the only way that some people communicate with others so I'm sure you can understand that some people are talking out of pure frustration. I doubt if it is hackers that they are reading this right now but if it is hackers why would you punish gamers that just want to play online? Because some dork hacker was sued by Sony for violating a service agreement that he agreed to? Lets remember its not exactly like Sony is Shinra and the hackers are AVALANCHE. Sony isn't exactly what I would call and evil empire.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

How do you guys even know this has anything to do with Anonymous? Are you just making assumptions? They have already said they won't be taking the PSN down anymore because it harms the people and that's who they are rooting for in the first place. This likely is Sony's fault alone. Just go outside for a while, get a little sun or something, spend some time with the famdamily.

ColonelVodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ColonelVodka

[QUOTE="ColonelVodka"]

[QUOTE="brouger"]

blade420play

so i should be mad at sony for catching theives?

No, you shouldn't. Who said you should?

blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blade420play
a-freakin-men brother/sister!!!!!! you agreed to the terms of service, deal with them
blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blade420play
[QUOTE="ColonelVodka"]

[QUOTE="blade420play"][QUOTE="ColonelVodka"]I was not trying to be condescending to anyone. The fact of the matter is that no one here can do anything about it. It's up to Sony to take care of their own servers. If you want to voice your concerns to Sony, you can email them. However, spouting hatred and a desire for violence against hackers will not fix anything.

so i should be mad at sony for catching theives?

you when you said take it up with sony,im not bothering them for being in the right.
brouger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 brouger

How do you guys even know this has anything to do with Anonymous? Are you just making assumptions? They have already said they won't be taking the PSN down anymore because it harms the people and that's who they are rooting for in the first place. This likely is Sony's fault alone. Just go outside for a while, get a little sun or something, spend some time with the famdamily.

jer_1
It seems unlikely that Sony would all of a sudden have unplanned maintenance....the problems that most people are having started when the douchebags whined about their douchebag friend being sued and attacked Sony to begin with. While this might not be the direct action of Anonymous, the problems that many have been having over the last few weeks is a result of their direct action.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Yup tried getting onto the forums to change my forum avatar and cant login at all.
ColonelVodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ColonelVodka
[QUOTE="ColonelVodka"]

[QUOTE="blade420play"] so i should be mad at sony for catching theives?blade420play

you when you said take it up with sony,im not bothering them for being in the right.

"Voicing your concerns" doesn't necessarily mean being mad at Sony or telling them it's their fault.
blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blade420play

jer_1
hey bub. i work 40 hrs or more in the sun, i want to play my damn game, end of story. also dont have kids or family close by.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Ive been getting a log in error since Midnight EST myself. I just got Socom 4 and Portal 2, so I have plenty of single player action to tide me over.
blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blade420play
yeah i get that, but why barate them with e-mails that wont help?? im venting here like everyone else. im not mad at you for your opinion or anything just getting it off my chest.
blade420play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blade420play
yeah i get that, but why barate them with e-mails that wont help?? im venting here like everyone else. im not mad at you for your opinion or anything just getting it off my chest.blade420play
can you change to first person on socom? played a second of the demo dont like the view