Call of Duty is getting old

This topic is locked from further discussion.

luigifan3628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 luigifan3628
Member since 2006 • 854 Posts

I'm done with it. After 4 games (CoD4, WaW, MW2, BO), the formula is getting old and I'm done with it. With some many awesome games next year (Mass Effect 3, TES5, U3, Batman) CoD can take a back seat, as 4 was definitely the highest point of the series and it's just gone downhill from there, as they failed to introduce anything fresh to the series. Activision is just ruining everything they have aren't they? ;)

Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

Yeah basically. The only thing that Activision isn't running into the ground is any project from Blizzard. Well, they published Wolfenstein and that's not getting ran into the ground, I'm sure there's a few other things as well.

I'm haven't been following Xbox too closely recently, what is TES5?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Yeah basically. The only thing that Activision isn't running into the ground is any project from Blizzard. Well, they published Wolfenstein and that's not getting ran into the ground, I'm sure there's a few other things as well.

I'm haven't been following Xbox too closely recently, what is TES5?

Silos911
The Elders Scrolls 5 perhaps? I am bored of the series as well so I will only buy it every two years.
The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

It took you this long to find this out? :P

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

CoD has been getting old since 4.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

For me FPS's have taken way too much of my time as they are like crack even though Im not that good at them. Im putting FPS's down in favor of playing all the great games I have neglected the past few years.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

To be honest with you guys, i think the xbox 360 is getting old. Hate me for saying it but lately it just isn't doing it for me. The games are just... not really as good as n64 ps1 ps2 gamecube and xbox games. I honestly feel like i enjoyed gaming a hell of a lot more on my xbox. Now i fine myself getting bored with xbox 360 games because frankly games are getting dumbed down for some odd reason. I recently just bought a new 360 too, yet nothing to this date has moved me like Legend of Zelda Orcarina of Time. I literally get teary eyed when i hear the great fairy fountain song. How come xbox 360 games don't do that for me. Maybe i should be blogging this but i just feel like games are getting worse and worse as the graphics and mechanics and content expands. I love my fallout 3 on the 360, but my n64 is just... is so much better IMO. I play it way more the my 360 lately, I'm going crazy i think. Sorry for the rant.F0urTwenty

Your post is off topic.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

For me FPS's have taken way too much of my time as they are like crack even though Im not that good at them. Im putting FPS's down in favor of playing all the great games I have neglected the past few years.

kungfuchaos

I'm like you homie i love fps i can't get enough of them and i'm excited because 2011 is the year of the fps.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
took you a while to figure the formula has been the same for sometime now, you'll probably hate many fps games then, many games follow this formula,,,,
LtDan1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LtDan1989
Member since 2008 • 235 Posts

How much more can you add to a first person shooter? Really think about it...

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

LtDan1989

Should go towards the melee side of FPS. Like they did in Condemned 1/2.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

LtDan1989

lighting changes from day to night time, random weather effects, maybe using night vision?

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

There have been a lot of innovations in FPS. Look at the cover system that I feel Gears perfected for the first time. I felt that was groundbreaking. There's also been the implementation of destructible surrounding which has been really nice, and a really fun mechanic to experiment with. But the biggest innovations come in the story, seeting, and plot of the games. Compare CoD with games like Gears. Gears is more original, more innovative, and more creative as an entire story than CoD. CoD is just getting old because everyone is getting tired of playing as a group of American soldiers trying to stop the terrorists. Black Ops tried to mix it up with the whole programming-thing of the main character, but it still didn't lend itself to the same level of creativity in games like Gears or even Reach for that matter. The only reason that CoD continues to be successful is because people enjoy the multiplayer, and they will pay $60 to not miss out on the moving community.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Shooters are always going to be shooters.

kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
give brothers in arms a try. it got me away from cod pretty quickly. multiplayer is weak but the game itself is fantastic.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

I skip every other COD game because of this. I played a ton of MW1..hardly any MW2..and I am loving some Black Ops. I am waiting to see what the sci-fi one looks like. It has a lot of potential for awesome imho.

Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

I would argue that there's still innovation. I look at games like Bioshock, Wolfenstein, Singularity, I believe Metro 2033 is a shooter as well but I'm not sure. Those are just some 360 exlusives, and some off the top of my head.

greendayR0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 greendayR0cks
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
I got sick of COD a long time ago. Modern Warfare 2 was probably one of the worst COD games I played, or if not, the worst game I played in a long time (don't ask). I mean, I pretty much just skipped Black Ops because of that garbage.
pb-balla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pb-balla
Member since 2009 • 134 Posts

i have wasted pretty much a month on call of duty, no not in the span of 1 month i played thembut acctually 22 days on mw2 andat least 10 days on all the otheres especcially waw zombies. i relly want to get rid of them but now theres like a sentimental value.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Where have you been?
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
It amazes me how someone can play essentially the same game for over three years and only now decides it's "getting old". I got sick of COD after just two games (COD2&4) and I didn't even play any of their MP for more than an hour. For me, the COD gameplay began to stink after two short campaigns played two years apart. For some strange reason, I returned for MW2, even though I knew I was sick of COD and wasn't going to enjoy it. Playing through MW2's campaign is one of the most painful experiences of my gaming career. I hated it from start to finish. TBH, I think the main reason I bought it was because of the No Russian level. Its all anyone was talking about and I felt like it was a moment in gaming that I had to experience. BIG MISTAKE. I haven't really recovered from the trauma of playing this crap game, even though it was over a year ago. FPS's just aren't the same for me now. I don't enjoy them like I used to. I can't bring myself to even look at a CoD style FPS now. So I didn't buy any of the Battlefield games or Medal of Honor or any of that stuff. COD has ruined it for me. It was so ****. So very, very ****. Moral of the story. Don't force yourself to finish a game that you hate. It's just not worth it. Obviously, I didn't buy Black Ops. I can honestly say, I will never buy another Call of Duty game.
FooFighter92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FooFighter92
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

I'm glad to see there are some people who think the same as me. CoD began gettin' old a while ago... I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it's waaayy overated and has received too much media atention for god knows why. One thing I do particulary dislike is it's focus on online gaming and letting the story and campaign aside.

ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

Call of Duty is a shooter. You shoot stuff and make things explode. Every shooter does this. Halo does it, Gears of war does it, Killzone does it etc etc......... I don't understand the COD hate because every shooters does the same thing. Duke Nukem Forever is gonna like call of duty because its another shooter.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Call of Duty is a shooter. You shoot stuff and make things explode. Every shooter does this. Halo does it, Gears of war does it, Killzone does it etc etc......... I don't understand the COD hate because every shooters does the same thing. Duke Nukem Forever is gonna like call of duty because its another shooter.

ToastRider11
The hate? released everyear and they never try nothing new or bring nothing new to the table,,,Plus some game as to take the hit right?
sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

It took you this long to find this out? :P

The-Tree
THIS
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#26 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
And it took you this long to figure this out? lol :P
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

I'm done with it. After 4 games (CoD4, WaW, MW2, BO), the formula is getting old and I'm done with it. With some many awesome games next year (Mass Effect 3, TES5, U3, Batman) CoD can take a back seat, as 4 was definitely the highest point of the series and it's just gone downhill from there, as they failed to introduce anything fresh to the series. Activision is just ruining everything they have aren't they? ;)

luigifan3628
im for sure bored of it
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Oh my.....this thread was from last year.

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts
And it took you this long to figure this out? lol :Porb_03_2006
Look at the date for when the first post was made. This topic was brought back from the dead for some reason.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#30 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

Between Last year's Halo Reach; and this year's Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Elder Scrolls IV, and Brink, I am set for the next 10 years or so. I don't need Call of Duty.

Everyone I know that REALLY plays games are really getting tired of the "cod" formula and I 100% agree. I still play HC in Call of Duty 4 from time to time, but as far I was concerned, the entire success of the series is riding off the only 2 good games: 2 and 4.

Every year people say "I hope it will be as good as 4." I have a great idea... why don't you go get 4 for about $10, then you can forget about Call of Duty and Activision and let them both die in a hole like they deserve.

If it wasn't for Call of Duty, EA would dominate Activision and Kotick wouldn't have an ego the size of Canada and an **** the size of Kentucky. (cause face it he has to stick his foot up it all the time)

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

COD haters will respond to any thread even if its a yerar old. if you dont like it dont play it and keep it moving