Do certain HDMI cables not work with the PS3???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AllTimeHigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AllTimeHigh
Member since 2010 • 596 Posts

Cause I read somewhere in the PS3 Manual about HDMI cables that work with PS3. It obviously wouldn't be in the manual if ALL HDMI cables worked, right? So is there certain models of HDMI cables that work with PS3? My HDMI Cable that's nearly 4 years old, does NOT work with the PS3. It showed up as 480P on my 1080P HDTV and now it just shows a blank screen. When I connect a component cable, the screen shows up. So I'm guessing my HDMI cable is too old for the PS3. Would getting a PS3 specific HDMI cable fix the problem? I found an HDMI cable that's made by Sony and it even says "For Playstation 3" on the box. That one HAS to work, right?

Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts

some dont but those ones are garbage. Did you set it to ouput through hdmi it seems like youve got it set to cables not hdmi just go change the output and resolution other wise no your hdmi cables dont work

Avatar image for deactivated-61898903867d0
deactivated-61898903867d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-61898903867d0
Member since 2003 • 545 Posts

Cause I read somewhere in the PS3 Manual about HDMI cables that work with PS3. It obviously wouldn't be in the manual if ALL HDMI cables worked, right? So is there certain models of HDMI cables that work with PS3? My HDMI Cable that's nearly 4 years old, does NOT work with the PS3. It showed up as 480P on my 1080P HDTV and now it just shows a blank screen. When I connect a component cable, the screen shows up. So I'm guessing my HDMI cable is too old for the PS3. Would getting a PS3 specific HDMI cable fix the problem? I found an HDMI cable that's made by Sony and it even says "For Playstation 3" on the box. That one HAS to work, right?

AllTimeHigh

Yes that will work fine but you can get cheaper ones than Sony's, just make sure it says HDMI 1.3 compatible.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
But you'll be paying tons more for that Sony HDMI cable,just get one over www.monoprice.com
AllTimeHigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AllTimeHigh
Member since 2010 • 596 Posts

[QUOTE="AllTimeHigh"]

stlab

Yes that will work fine but you can get cheaper ones than Sony's, just make sure it says HDMI 1.3 compatible.

Thank you :) And also thanks to everyone else :D I'll be buying a 1.3 compatible HDMI in about an hour :) I know it's gonna work. It has to. I couldn't even sleep well because of this TV/HD problem I had lol.