Is my PC good enough gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 sivasiva
Member since 2007 • 1101 Posts

My pc is the windows 7 home with 500 GB HD with SATA 7.2 K. My graphic card is ATI HD radeon 4650 powered by intel core 2 duo with 3.0 GB ram DDR2 800MHZ. So is my com good enough?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Depends when you bought it, not the greatest, but its ok for some gaming.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sivasiva

I bought it last week. The graphic card came out early 2010. Which hardware part is not strong enough?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I bought it last week. The graphic card came out early 2010. Which hardware part is not strong enough?

sivasiva

No it didnt, whoever told you it came out in 2010 just ripped you off, you basically bought a last gen PC from the year 2007/08.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
:| Manufacturer? Price? If you were told the graphics card in it came out this year, that sounds like good grounds to take it back, get refund and build something decent.
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

It will do games, but it's a bit out of date now. It's last gen technology, and will probably be completely obsolete by this time next year.

And whoever told you the graphics card came out this year was lying.

digitalgator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 digitalgator
Member since 2005 • 292 Posts

My pc is the windows 7 home with 500 GB HD with SATA 7.2 K. My graphic card is ATI HD radeon 4650 powered by intel core 2 duo with 3.0 GB ram DDR2 800MHZ. So is my com good enough?

sivasiva

It will still run most PC games on low/minimal settings, but yes it is outdated, graphics is old, ram is low by todays standards, and processor is outdated.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sivasiva

Can it at least run crysis on low settings?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

sivasiva
Yes it will,should play on medium depending on the resolution
sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sivasiva

[QUOTE="sivasiva"]

MonsieurX

Yes it will,should play on medium depending on the resolution

Thks dude.

Tyson8earzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Tyson8earzz
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

sivasiva
..and you actually did your own research on this "before" buying this system? If you did, you would have found that this card technology came out in aprox sept of 2008 NOT early 2010. You were told an outright blatant lie. How much did you pay for this outdated system?
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
few thinks. What core 2 duo you have. For instance if its the 8400 or the 8500 those despite are 2year old cpus they are still by all means quite fast and are comparable to the newest i3cpus As for the graphics card whoever told you it came in 2010 is a lie. That card is Ati's last gen mid/low end card Its still decent enough to play older and less demanding games at medium/high settings using resolutions up to 1440x900 or 1280x1024 while games like crysis expect to play them at mostly medium settings ( depending on the game and the resolution your playing you might have to turn a couple of thinks to low) 3gb of ram despite are low by todays gaming pc's standart they are still plenty enough to play any game without a problem as long as you dont use other applications in the background ( there is no game actually that needs more than 2gb of ram while most games utilize about 1gb or less )
mucgoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mucgoo
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts
3gb is fine for ram, the card is the limiting factor, how much did you pay?
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

few thinks. What core 2 duo you have. For instance if its the 8400 or the 8500 those despite are 2year old cpus they are still by all means quite fast and are comparable to the newest i3cpus As for the graphics card whoever told you it came in 2010 is a lie. That card is Ati's last gen mid/low end card Its still decent enough to play older and less demanding games at medium/high settings using resolutions up to 1440x900 or 1280x1024 while games like crysis expect to play them at mostly medium settings ( depending on the game and the resolution your playing you might have to turn a couple of thinks to low) 3gb of ram despite are low by todays gaming pc's standart they are still plenty enough to play any game without a problem as long as you dont use other applications in the background ( there is no game actually that needs more than 2gb of ram while most games utilize about 1gb or less ) adamosmaki

perhaps the machine is a prebuilt and a new prebuilt with core 2 duo's (their still doing this you know) which would probably have made more sense.. id say if thats the case this system has guaranteed a core 2 duo from the e7000 or e8000 lineup.

i know for a fact dell stil sells new machines with core 2's my school upgraded this past summer with all new dell machines in my current class room and its all new dells with e8400's, 4gb ram and hd 4350's

so this would be a strange technicality but you he was half lied to.. someone.. stretched the truth.. the whole system could in fact be new but individual parts are dated.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sivasiva
3gb is fine for ram, the card is the limiting factor, how much did you pay?mucgoo
About 200 bucks.
sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sivasiva

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]few thinks. What core 2 duo you have. For instance if its the 8400 or the 8500 those despite are 2year old cpus they are still by all means quite fast and are comparable to the newest i3cpus As for the graphics card whoever told you it came in 2010 is a lie. That card is Ati's last gen mid/low end card Its still decent enough to play older and less demanding games at medium/high settings using resolutions up to 1440x900 or 1280x1024 while games like crysis expect to play them at mostly medium settings ( depending on the game and the resolution your playing you might have to turn a couple of thinks to low) 3gb of ram despite are low by todays gaming pc's standart they are still plenty enough to play any game without a problem as long as you dont use other applications in the background ( there is no game actually that needs more than 2gb of ram while most games utilize about 1gb or less ) ionusX

perhaps the machine is a prebuilt and a new prebuilt with core 2 duo's (their still doing this you know) which would probably have made more sense.. id say if thats the case this system has guaranteed a core 2 duo from the e7000 or e8000 lineup.

i know for a fact dell stil sells new machines with core 2's my school upgraded this past summer with all new dell machines in my current class room and its all new dells with e8400's, 4gb ram and hd 4350's

so this would be a strange technicality but you he was half lied to.. someone.. stretched the truth.. the whole system could in fact be new but individual parts are dated.

I checked the booklet and the com was built early this year.