What is the best Halo game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

In my opinion, Halo:Combat Evolved(Halo 1) is the best in the series. Halo 1 is very original and has the true Halo feeling that none of the other games could really grasp. Halo 1 alwaysmade me think I was playingone of those classic FPS games like DOOM andWolfenstein 3D.I'm sure people with disagree but although Halo 1 is my favorite and in my opinion the best, all of the games in the series offer great and different things:)

So what do you guys think is the best Halo game?

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Halo: CE had the best campaign. It had more wow factors. The epic beach battle along side the other marines, the first time you encounter the flood and the night time sniping scene and the ending. The first game in a series always have the wow factor thats hard to follow BUT in Reach you get all the elements of past Halos into 1 (except the dual wielding). I say REACH is the best

If you want to re-live Halo: CE you can do it with customizations in Reach. The hang 'em high remake map is a splitting image of halo: CE

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

For now its Halo 3 combat evolved would be my favorite if it had online Multiplayer . I still have my issues with REACH.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Probably CE. I have a lot of good memories playing that game at parties and having fun with friends playing it.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Probably CE. I have a lot of good memories playing that game at parties and having fun with friends playing it.

Legendaryscmt

you can still system link with Reach as well as bring your guests online. Its still a blast as it was with Halo: CE. Infection wasnt invented back then as well

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Was extremely impressed with Reach and CE. Currently playing Halo 2 for the first time and not impressed. Will get Halo 3 after if its better than this one.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpArKs424

Was extremely impressed with Reach and CE. Currently playing Halo 2 for the first time and not impressed. Will get Halo 3 after if its better than this one.

mkaliaz

Halo 3 is the best out of the Trilogy its everything Combat evolved did but refined it and was good to see how it ends .

wired4stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wired4stuff
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
Reach. Bungie really went all out on this one and really gave the fans what they wanted. Fans like me at least.
Beyond_Belief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Beyond_Belief
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

CE is easily the best imo. It had the most balanced multiplayer and took more skill then any of the others.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

SpArKs424

Halo 3 is the best out of the Trilogy its everything Combat evolved did but refined it and was good to see how it ends .

Good to hear. I think I can find it for $10-15 so I'll pick it up soon. Halo 2 is not a BAD game by any means....i'm just finding it disapointing after Reach and CE.

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

Have to go with CE. It's the original and it started everything. Without it, we wouldn't have Reach so you HAVE to give it to CE. It was revolutionary in its time and is still fun to go back and play.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpArKs424

[QUOTE="SpArKs424"]

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

mkaliaz

Good to hear. I think I can find it for $10-15 so I'll pick it up soon. Halo 2 is not a BAD game by any means....i'm just finding it disapointing after Reach and CE.

i wasnt impressed with reach as much as i wanted;

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
reach for sure.. but CE is right behind it.
Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

halo 3

halo reach

halo 1 CE

halo 2

halo ODST

halo wars

MajorCause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MajorCause
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Halo 3, for me.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#16 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Combat Evolved. Not only was it a fantastic game, it was one of the most influential ones of the last decade. It's pretty hard to top that. And it was Halo's start so it's was Halo at it's freshest.
dhilebroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dhilebroad
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Definitely Reach. Best Graphics, interesting story, best multi-player, character cutomization...the list goes on and on.

darkkillerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkkillerr
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

halo reach>halo ce>halo 3>halo 3 ODST>halo wars>halo 2