Question about Xbox 360 Slim and Flash Drive Compatability! Please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

Ok so yea, Its about that time where I give in to get a 360, Mostly for a few exclusives and Halo Reach.

But I am planning on getting the 360 Slim 4GB, as its only $200 and I dont wanna spend $100 more for 250GB, as I still have to buy the game and a Gold membership.

So I was wondering if I were to buy a 30GB FlashDrive, down the road for say DownLoading Map Packs, can I have that Data Downloaded onto the Flash Drive, as I will most likely not have enough room on the actual 360, and still be able to use the Map packs that I purchasedon my console??

I called MS, and the Lady said yes, But she didnt sound like she knew what she was talking about, so I would rather have first hand experience, from the 360 Community.

Thanks for the help

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
As it stands now, the maximum space you could allot for a hard drive is 16GB's, first and foremost. Secondly, I still recommend getting the hard drive model. Being able to install the games and run them from there proves to have several benefits, beside just being able to store more DLC and the like. In my case, I currently got my saves and stuff on a flash drive I plugged into it. The actual games are installed on my own 360's hard drive. Works perfectly fine as far as I can tell.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jerkface96
As it stands now, the maximum space you could allot for a hard drive is 16GB's, first and foremost. Secondly, I still recommend getting the hard drive model. Being able to install the games and run them from there proves to have several benefits, beside just being able to store more DLC and the like. In my case, I currently got my saves and stuff on a flash drive I plugged into it. The actual games are installed on my own 360's hard drive. Works perfectly fine as far as I can tell.codezer0
what If I purchase a map pack though? would I be able to store the map pack data on the flash drive? and what do you mean by Hard Drive Model? Im thinking about purchasing the 4GB 360 Slim model, and just to have a beefy Flash Drive, to put my game installs on and to put DLC on, unless that is not possible?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
As long as your flash drive is fast enough, it shouldn't be a problem. As I said, I primarily keep save files on my flash drive. I still say that it would be recommended to get the model that comes with a hard drive, because the extra space will be worth it even for all these larger demo's and stuff coming out. I have a 120GB Elite model myself, and I'm wishing I could simply go and buy a 250gb drive to put in my pre-S 360. But yea, that being said, as long as your license data can be authenticated, and the flash drive(s) in question are at least fast enough, it shouldn't matter on which it's stored, as long as it can be accessed by the console come time to go load them up.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jerkface96
As long as your flash drive is fast enough, it shouldn't be a problem. As I said, I primarily keep save files on my flash drive. I still say that it would be recommended to get the model that comes with a hard drive, because the extra space will be worth it even for all these larger demo's and stuff coming out. I have a 120GB Elite model myself, and I'm wishing I could simply go and buy a 250gb drive to put in my pre-S 360. But yea, that being said, as long as your license data can be authenticated, and the flash drive(s) in question are at least fast enough, it shouldn't matter on which it's stored, as long as it can be accessed by the console come time to go load them up.codezer0
wow its more complicated than I thought haha, The speed of the Flash Drive WTF ???? lol ok well thanks for clarifying everything, i appreciate it!