ninja gaiden 2 and ninja gaiden sigma 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

those 2 games are not getting enough credit as they should. they are truelly amazing games. the fighting system is amazing it is so deep like a fighting game also the controls and gameplay in unrivaled it is so smooth and extrememly responsive, i know some people are complaing about difficulty but play it on easy and for newcommers this should be as hard as any other game on normal.

also the graphics are extremely nice specially in sigma 2 (the visuals in sigma 2 looks AMAZING), the colors are amazing and the resolution and animation is amazing. i find it strange that no one ever even hinted that sigma 2 it is one of the best looking games this gen, it runs smooth, the weapons look amazing with there blur effect adn the gaem is very flamboyant also the level the ninja gaiden 2 world in general looks great. everything from graphics to gameplay to the ai is just perfect. ninja gaiden 2 and sigma 2 did not sell very well, ninja gaiden 2 sold around 1 mil and sigam 2 sold around 0.5 mil. those games deserve better sales because theya re truely usique no game (maybe bayonetta a little) come even close to the deep fighting and easy to learn fighting system that ninja gaiden 2 offers.

the game in motion even looks 10 time better than these. u hav to play it to admire it.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pc-ps360

btw those are ingame images

Oonga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Oonga
Member since 2010 • 633 Posts

Crap, how the hell could i forget about NGS2.

I let off getting NG2 because i thought Sigma 2 would release and completely forgot about the game.

Thanks for the reminder TC, il do some research now. The game looks gorgeous and if its anything like NG1 combat, its still leagues ahead of everything on the market.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

No gore=no buy. I was a huge fan of the first on xbox but they gimped the PS3 verson. I'm not buying it.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

A lot of people are turned off by NG games because they actually require skill and reflexes. The average gamer doesn't appreciate not being good at a game at first and then taking the time to improve. Most just like a consistent EZ Mode in every game they play

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
I own NG 1 and 2, still need to get black and both sigmas
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pc-ps360

the game has enough gore tho the ninja gaiden 2 gore feels nicer but sigma 2 makes uo with uotstading graphics. also i dont know why people keep saying the first was better. i think ninja gaiden 2 is much better than 1. play ninja gaiden 2 or sigma 2 and then go back and play ninja gaiden 1 and u will see that it is a much better game they dont even compare.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BPoole96

No gore=no buy. I was a huge fan of the first on xbox but they gimped the PS3 verson. I'm not buying it.

jdc6305

Are you serious? Blood is so important to you in games that you will completely ignore every aspect of the actual game?

Btw there is blood in NGS2, just not as much as NG2. The purple/blue/green/gray mist just accompanies the blood. After you're done killing a bunch of enemies, Ryu's weapon will have blood all over it as well until he swipes it off

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I played Sigma 2, it was great but I wouldn't recommend the easier mode for that one. It was mostly too easy, and I'm far from an expert.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

Meh i acctually put in Sigma 1 into my ps3 today and played it. Only did the first chapter tho as im kkinda pissed that i have to beat it on normal to unlock the other difficulties when i was half way through on the difficulty above hard when my old ps3 ylod and all save data went bye bye. I put it in not remembering i wouldnt start being able to choose difficulties.

Oh well im interested in getting the second one but not sure for what system. Sigma 2 is too expensive but i dunno.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
i play ngs2 Online all the time team missions co op . I beat Ultimate Ninja 01 and 02 if u need help let me know i only play ryu
bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

I left this series when they changed the blood to purple. That is just so much fail.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

BPoole96

Are you serious? Blood is so important to you in games that you will completely ignore every aspect of the actual game?

Btw there is blood in NGS2, just not as much as NG2. The purple/blue/green/gray mist just accompanies the blood. After you're done killing a bunch of enemies, Ryu's weapon will have blood all over it as well until he swipes it off

eh Im still trying to figure out why they remove it. or dont have a filter system like gears had.

But I think the game lacking in new game + is even far worse then game not having gore. I hope to see new game + for NGIII.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

TheShadowLord07

eh Im still trying to figure out why they remove it. or dont have a filter system like gears had.

But I think the game lacking in new game + is even far worse then game not having gore. I hope to see new game + for NGIII.

What do you mean by New Game+? Just playing through the game again with all your upgrades?

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

The core gameplay in NG2 is friggin' awesome: fast-paced and brutal. Killing enemies with executions is incredibly satisfying. It's too bad they screwed up so bad with crappy levels and cheap enemies.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

BPoole96

One of the biggest appeal's in the game is the satisfying kills, and I'd imagine that factor is reduced when you replace blood and gore with purple mists.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

Sigma 2 is actually on my "to get" list once i get another PS3. I figure that and all three GoW games should fix that genre right up swell for me.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

What do you mean by New Game+? Just playing through the game again with all your upgrades?

/

yea whats wrong with that?

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

TheShadowLord07

/

yea whats wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong with that. It's just they had this in Sigma 2. I mean you couldn't play straight through, but by doing each Chapter Challenge you could have all of your upgraded weapons. Idk if this was in NG2

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

Teufelhuhn

One of the biggest appeal's in the game is the satisfying kills, and I'd imagine that factor is reduced when you replace blood and gore with purple mists.

Yeah, but to completely disregard a game due to less blood? The gameplay is still there and you can still cuts off heads and other limbs. Blood and gore and everything is nice but its definitely not something I consider essential to any game

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#23 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

I have both, i enjoyed both, I noticed more flaws in the sequel but i found the combat more satisfying.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
No joke, my friend bought a 360 on craigslist just so he could play the "real" version of NG2. Back to the game though, it was good, but disappointing compared to NG1. I felt the exact same feeling when I played RE5. RE4 and NG1 were just amazing games and the sequels didn't carry on that flair or magic.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
No joke, my friend bought a 360 on craigslist just so he could play the "real" version of NG2. Back to the game though, it was good, but disappointing compared to NG1. I felt the exact same feeling when I played RE5. RE4 and NG1 were just amazing games and the sequels didn't carry on that flair or magic.-RocBoys9489-
I agree, but it wasnt the combat system or omprovements they made that made NG2 worse than NG1, it was the level design. I mean, in NG2 some of the levels look amazing, while others (like the worm level) looks terrible! NG1 had you running all around the city, sometimes revisiting it, and unlocking new parts to explore, where as NG2 was rather linear. I would love to see a NG1 remake with NG2 improvements and graphics. Or better yet, NG3 that trumps both...
Oonga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Oonga
Member since 2010 • 633 Posts

The core gameplay in NG2 is friggin' awesome: fast-paced and brutal. Killing enemies with executions is incredibly satisfying. It's too bad they screwed up so bad with crappy levels and cheap enemies.

Teufelhuhn

How crappy has the level design become?

One of the main things i loved about NG1 was how the world all felt connected and you were unlocking abilities to go to different parts as you progress (like a tightly compressed Zelda world).

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

Oonga

One of the main things i loved about NG1 was how the world all felt connected and you were unlocking abilities to go to different parts as you progress (like a tightly compressed Zelda world).

Very crappy, you end up in different cities after a bunch of missions, no explanation to how you even got there. I played NG2 and did find it a little disappointing, partly due to hammering the Y button will kill almost every enemy instantly. Boss fights were not properly optimized in some areas, and enemy AI was incredibly cheap compared to NG1. NGS2 did rectify alot of this, and the co op mode was seriously fun (except not many go online for co op any more).

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

I remember I was so hyped for Sigma 2 before it came out, but then I just never brought it and got Bayonetta instead (which imo has the best combat system for a hack and slash that i've played). I love Sigma 1 and today I saw Sigma 2 for $29 at Game (normally $100 since I live in AUS) I might have to pick it up, but I've brought so much already I don't know if i'll have anytime to play it.

MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
ng2 and ngs2 were disappointing imo, ngb and ngs were much better games.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

I always assumed that series was wayy to hardcoreish hard so I never played it...couldn't even get passed the demo so I knew it was a no go.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

Oonga

One of the best parts about NG1 was this, and the level design in NG2 is terrible (All stages), the boss battles are bad too, and the enemies are cheap, it isn't half as good as NG1, but I'd say it is worth picking up for the price it is now.
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

jdc6305
True they took out the blood in Sigma 2, but they added in alot of other extra features tot he game which made it the better version. I have both versions by the way
infamousxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 infamousxii
Member since 2004 • 1534 Posts
[QUOTE="Im_single"][QUOTE="Oonga"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

One of the best parts about NG1 was this, and the level design in NG2 is terrible (All stages), the boss battles are bad too, and the enemies are cheap, it isn't half as good as NG1, but I'd say it is worth picking up for the price it is now.

The combat in NG2 is done almost perfectly iIhavent played Sigma 2, but that wasnt it downfall. Like people have said the level design and enemy AI is just retarded. It's seems like the development team ran out of ideas after the combat. Who ever thought it would be cool to give ninjas rocket launchers should be shot.
Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Disturbed123

[QUOTE="Im_single"][QUOTE="Oonga"]

infamousxii

The combat in NG2 is done almost perfectly iIhavent played Sigma 2, but that wasnt it downfall. Like people have said the level design and enemy AI is just retarded. It's seems like the development team ran out of ideas after the combat. Who ever thought it would be cool to give ninjas rocket launchers should be shot.

I disagree highly on combat. NG still outshines for being balanced. NG2, you can tap Y repeatedly to kill majority of the enemies in a matter of 2-3 hits. Also, I found role to be in NG to more useful then the dash in NG2. not saying the combat sucked, but i think NG was certainly alot more balanced.

infamousxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 infamousxii

[QUOTE="infamousxii"][QUOTE="Im_single"] One of the best parts about NG1 was this, and the level design in NG2 is terrible (All stages), the boss battles are bad too, and the enemies are cheap, it isn't half as good as NG1, but I'd say it is worth picking up for the price it is now.Disturbed123

I disagree highly on combat. NG still outshines for being balanced. NG2, you can tap Y repeatedly to kill majority of the enemies in a matter of 2-3 hits. Also, I found role to be in NG to more useful then the dash in NG2. not saying the combat sucked, but i think NG was certainly alot more balanced.

You could say the same thing about NG1 though you could counter all the enemys, izuna drop or swan dive (or what ever its called) your way threw the entire game or you could get creative. I did like the roll alot better in NG1 but nothing beats mowing down limbs with the powered up nunchuck.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#36 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
I didn't like Ninja Gaiden 2.
Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Disturbed123

[QUOTE="Disturbed123"]

[QUOTE="infamousxii"] The combat in NG2 is done almost perfectly iIhavent played Sigma 2, but that wasnt it downfall. Like people have said the level design and enemy AI is just retarded. It's seems like the development team ran out of ideas after the combat. Who ever thought it would be cool to give ninjas rocket launchers should be shot. infamousxii

You could say the same thing about NG1 though you could counter all the enemys, izuna drop or swan dive (or what ever its called) your way threw the entire game or you could get creative. I did like the roll alot better in NG1 but nothing beats mowing down limbs with the powered up nunchuck.

I dont think you could counter enemies like those dinosaur creatures, and those 1 eyed cyclops as they tend to hit you underground in NG1? I agree you could use flying swallow to kill anything, but that issue was rectified in NG;Black. Not every enemy dies with an Izuna drop in NG1 however, but in NG2, its pretty much an instant kill.

mattacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mattacular
Member since 2007 • 363 Posts

[QUOTE="infamousxii"][QUOTE="Im_single"] One of the best parts about NG1 was this, and the level design in NG2 is terrible (All stages), the boss battles are bad too, and the enemies are cheap, it isn't half as good as NG1, but I'd say it is worth picking up for the price it is now.Disturbed123

The way I see it is that the weapons were better in 2 they made more sense and were all sorts of awesome. There has never been a cooler moment in gaming than kicking someones head off with the wolverine claws. However, it relied on extremely cheap enemies to ramp up the difficultly. Explosive shruikens from enemies that you can't even see is not cool. I do think though that development for 2 was hampered by the internal disputes that happened at Tecmo and it is a shame because Ninja Gaiden is one of my favourite games of all time.
Shuraijuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shuraijuro
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

A lot of people are turned off by NG games because they actually require skill and reflexes. The average gamer doesn't appreciate not being good at a game at first and then taking the time to improve. Most just like a consistent EZ Mode in every game they play

BPoole96

This is true.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i keep looking at ngs2...i think i'll be getting it when it drops to $30
infamousxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 infamousxii
From what I remeber you could counter the Dino's with the giant wooden paddle, but I could be wrong. NG1 was a all around better game and IMO the best hack/slash action what ever you want to call it game to date. I would love for them to make a prequel going back to Ryu's father as the playable character, that with NG1's level design NG2 style weapon fatality's and body dismemberment bring back the dodge roll..... It would be hard to get me out of the house.