A 360 slim or similar

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts

Hello,

I just want to say that I really like the 360, but a lot of hate builds towards the RROD.

PS3 was a year less on the market, and the released the slim. How about a 360 slim or similar?

I just checked 360 price and it was $300 , just as much as a ps3, but the ps3 has a bluray player AND a wifi, not to mention more options. They managed to cut prices and put out a stable dependable hardware.

Why wouldn't Microsoft release something similar? It has less hardware and DVD-drives are so easy and reliable to make now days. How about a better looking and a stable 360?

Why do they insist on making all consoles RROD? I know the newer ones are less likely to get it but they still do. Maybe they should get rid of that brick too

What do you think?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Hello,

I just want to say that I really like the 360, but a lot of hate builds towards the RROD.

PS3 was a year less on the market, and the released the slim. How about a 360 slim or similar?

I just checked 360 price and it was $300 , just as much as a ps3, but the ps3 has a bluray player AND a wifi, not to mention more options. They managed to cut prices and put out a stable dependable hardware.

Why wouldn't Microsoft release something similar? It has less hardware and DVD-drives are so easy and reliable to make now days. How about a better looking and a stable 360?

Why do they insist on making all consoles RROD? I know the newer ones are less likely to get it but they still do. Maybe they should get rid of that brick too

What do you think?

Kingmohd84
Isn't it prone to over heating and exploding already? Wouldn't making it smaller only exacerbate the problem?
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Microsoft never has/will do a slim. It's a gimmick to move more consoles, and it's more of a fail-safe idea when things aren't going their way.

besides, the 360 external design looks far better and it's the same size as the PS3 slim. Even Fat PS3 owners seem to hate on the slim, being it lacks BC and they find it more 'ugly' I guess.

now the PS2 slim was a marvel, because it was actually what it was said to be.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Animal-Mother

Microsoft never has/will do a slim. It's a gimmick to move more consoles, and it's more of a fail-safe idea when things aren't going their way.

besides, the 360 external design looks far better and it's the same size as the PS3 slim. Even Fat PS3 owners seem to hate on the slim, being it lacks BC and they find it more 'ugly' I guess.

HavocV3
Lol how is saving power on your electrical bill a gimmick?
sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts
the 360 doesn't need to be slimmed down or any of that crap, it just needs to work right and ms has failed to do that.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HavocV3

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

Animal-Mother

lol, their goal isn't to save the consumer money/power on their electric bill with the slimline.

I don't even understand why it's called the slim.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="HavocV3"]

He pretty much explained why, dude. One aspect you mentioned isn't gimmicky but now found foolhardy to see that the Slim's power usage is now the same as 360's. Unfortunately for people like me who bought a phat, we don't get that same luxury.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="HavocV3"]

HavocV3

lol, their goal isn't to save the consumer money/power on their electric bill with the slimline.

IDK you tell me because the proof is in that photo. I dont know why the call it the slim though. Looks pretty slim from what the original PS3 was

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HavocV3

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Lol how is saving power on your electrical bill a gimmick?Animal-Mother

IDK you tell me because the proof is in that photo. I dont know why the call it the slim though. Looks pretty slim from what the original PS3 was

Well, yes it is now PS2 caliber in size. I just don't understand why MS should do slimlines when that's not their thing, and never will be. Especially when the 360 is roughly the same size.

I call it a gimmick because I feel they like to use this as a fail-safe to move consoles when things aren't going their way. There's nothing particularly WRONG with it, of course. Power savings for the consumer still isn't their goal, from what I can tell, but removing the power brick and cutting it from 400 to 220 is the only real impressive thing about it.

Otherwise, it just isn't 'slim' like the PS2, but of course that is literally an impossible feat. I guess it sounds like I'm being nitpicky over a terminology now.

360 just doesn't need a slim, and "I don't agree with TC" would have summed it up in the first place.;)

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I hope to god not i like my 360 i have a full body sticker on it, i dont want a slimmer model when they dont need to slim the model, they didn't need to slim teh ps3 down they could have done all they did in the current ps3 case they slimmed it down to spur sales that all slimming something down is ever done for.

as for that the models of the ps3 to get price down, and slim it down were ps2 playback something i got a 60 gig at launch for.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

HavocV3

Well, yes it is now PS2 caliber in size. I just don't understand why MS should do slimlines when that's not their thing, and never will be. Especially when the 360 is roughly the same size.

I call it a gimmick because I feel they like to use this as a fail-safe to move consoles when things aren't going their way. There's nothing particularly WRONG with it, of course. Power savings for the consumer still isn't their goal, from what I can tell, but removing the power brick and cutting it from 400 to 220 is the only real impressive thing about it.

Otherwise, it just isn't 'slim' like the PS2, but of course that is literally an impossible feat. I guess it sounds like I'm being nitpicky over a terminology now.

360 just doesn't need a slim, and "I don't agree with TC" would have summed it up in the first place.;)

I never said power savings was their goal. But all in all after this post, I can see where your coming from and agree.
furomaster_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 furomaster_99
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

HavocV3

Dude, you've said this twice already....Do your lemming goggles prevent you from seeing the ps2 slim? Umm, so a "slim" model is desperate? Yeah, Sony was really desperate with the ps2 slim. :roll:

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

I hope to god not i like my 360 i have a full body sticker on it, i dont want a slimmer model when they dont need to slim the model, they didn't need to slim teh ps3 down they could have done all they did in the current ps3 case they slimmed it down to spur sales that all slimming something down is ever done for.

as for that the models of the ps3 to get price down, and slim it down were ps2 playback something i got a 60 gig at launch for.

WilliamRLBaker

No no no no. You have it all wrong. The ps3 slim is MUCH slimmer than the Xbox360. You are completely forgetting about the HUGE external power block, which the PS3's have internally. Sooo....

this does not equal....

. In fact the PS3 phat is slimmer than the 360. I own both systems and this is the honest to god truth.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#14 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
They need to fix RROD before releasing a new model.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I don't think we need a slim 360 tbh.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
They need to fix RROD before releasing a new model.vashkey
Newer models seem to be reliable...Well i've heard.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Who would trust a X360 slim? With the X360 already over heating this thing would be a time bomb. Each store would require you sign an indemnity waiver before purchasing an X360 slim :P
Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
Well my idea is to release a new 360 that is reliable, and designed in a better way not just slimmer. I think the current one is bulky and could use a really good redesign, something where we do not have to worry about heat issues and RRODs. a new better more stable 360, they say the 360 still didn't reach its midlife cycle, so there is a lot of time to release a proper reliable hardware. I am not sure why any one would be against that, plus a refresh look to the series can't possibly hurt.
Omustu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Omustu
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

I think the design of the Xbox 360 is quite a nice one. If they made a slim version it would lose its appeal. The Original PS3 tried to be stylish, and the glossy finish is nice, but it really is an abomination. My opinion of course.