WHY do people hate Nintendo and the Wii so much!?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
I know this is the Wii thread! XD! Its that I just came from the System Wars thread and I am so annoyed that people there hate the Wii so much. Of course my family members and friends hate it too. But OMG its so annoying cause c'mon they hate it cause the graphics are not in HD! Are they telling me they would go back to play a game from the 90s despite the dated graphics!? Also for number of "As, AAs, and AAAs" in this ONE site the Wii has! OMG!!! Am I the only one who plays what interests them!?!? NOT by scores, sales, grphics, maturity, blood, or what friends have!!!! I'm going insane!!! I want to sell my 360 but I know people who would hate me for it and criticize me like always!!! Because of that I am afraid to play what I want or do what I want. I sold my Wii out of peer presure but now I want it back! I tell myself to stop coming to Gamespot but I come here everyday! I need to stop coming here!
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

No, you need to stop going to System Wars. Its just full of fanboys. I play whatever I want too, even games considered for kids,I dont care what people say.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i reallly want to know why people who want the so called hardcore games on wii when ,,

when they were on the nintendo 64 no one bought them only 32 millin buyers had em, why make the switch toanother brand two gens later then switch back another two gens later expecting nintendo to change , who they are, its pretty hard fo me to believe that people really would buy the ps3 360 software if it were released on wii , cod 4 will prove this ,
(my theory is this ,if they did release these games , people would complain about just about anything to not like it from lack of graphics to online youll hear it day in and day out to badfor those) because i thnk nintendo was always the top performer,

they always try to do somthing new,

i dont see many doing so them selfs

its more of them playng follow the leader-nintendo ,

nintendo has always been part of my life , ive had sony to but , it was not as intriguing , , ,

its libreary was amazing same with its successor , but you know what , i couldnt hook 4 controllers to it and it was hard for me when i was young to take care of those disc, these cases they used to put the games in actually did the scratching ,

which is why i quesion why they had to switch to a fragile medium ,

but ya i like he wii , its possibly gonna be the best nintendo system ive owned sinc n64 , snes nes ds etc

continuing the traditionof bringing good games, people keep saying oh theres shovelware/minigame comps well you can thank some ones whos console still sits on shelves after 10 yrs,

but of course you wont see it that way

and im not going into any detail as this is not the forum for it

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

Its because its full of people that like a certain console for the type of games it offers (one offers lots of rpgs, another lots of shooters, another a variety of games with no specific type), and think that any other console that doesn't offer the same stuff is inferior.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#5 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Its that I just came from the System Wars blazingneo32089
Well, there's your problem. SW is full of raging fanboys.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
with success comes a huge hate crowd right behind it.
Panther023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Panther023
Member since 2003 • 373 Posts
I know this is the Wii thread! XD! Its that I just came from the System Wars thread and I am so annoyed that people there hate the Wii so much. Of course my family members and friends hate it too. But OMG its so annoying cause c'mon they hate it cause the graphics are not in HD! Are they telling me they would go back to play a game from the 90s despite the dated graphics!? Also for number of "As, AAs, and AAAs" in this ONE site the Wii has! OMG!!! Am I the only one who plays what interests them!?!? NOT by scores, sales, grphics, maturity, blood, or what friends have!!!! I'm going insane!!! I want to sell my 360 but I know people who would hate me for it and criticize me like always!!! Because of that I am afraid to play what I want or do what I want. I sold my Wii out of peer presure but now I want it back! I tell myself to stop coming to Gamespot but I come here everyday! I need to stop coming here!blazingneo32089
Why worry about what everyone else thinks? I mean, opinions / advice are good an all, but you're the one who has to live with yourself. You're obviously frustrated, partially with your friends/family, and dare I say, partially for yourself for giving in to peer pressure. Hey, we all need affirmation at some point or another. Get your Wii back (maybe sell the 360 you don't want, although I don't know if I would do that because it does have a lot of good games), hang out on the Wii message boards and enjoy it the way you want to! If nothing else, none of us is going to criticize you. :)
Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
[QUOTE="blazingneo32089"]I know this is the Wii thread! XD! Its that I just came from the System Wars thread and I am so annoyed that people there hate the Wii so much. Of course my family members and friends hate it too. But OMG its so annoying cause c'mon they hate it cause the graphics are not in HD! Are they telling me they would go back to play a game from the 90s despite the dated graphics!? Also for number of "As, AAs, and AAAs" in this ONE site the Wii has! OMG!!! Am I the only one who plays what interests them!?!? NOT by scores, sales, grphics, maturity, blood, or what friends have!!!! I'm going insane!!! I want to sell my 360 but I know people who would hate me for it and criticize me like always!!! Because of that I am afraid to play what I want or do what I want. I sold my Wii out of peer presure but now I want it back! I tell myself to stop coming to Gamespot but I come here everyday! I need to stop coming here!Panther023
Why worry about what everyone else thinks? I mean, opinions / advice are good an all, but you're the one who has to live with yourself. You're obviously frustrated, partially with your friends/family, and dare I say, partially for yourself for giving in to peer pressure. Hey, we all need affirmation at some point or another. Get your Wii back (maybe sell the 360 you don't want, although I don't know if I would do that because it does have a lot of good games), hang out on the Wii message boards and enjoy it the way you want to! If nothing else, none of us is going to criticize you. :)

I have a PS3 though and enjoy it more than the 360. I don't play online either and when I look at the 360 I think of it as a online gaming console.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
System Wars is not a nice place to be. It's been three years since the Wii's launch. By now everyone knows where they stand. Raging fight will not end. Fanboys will not change anyone's minds at this rate. Very little logic is used in System Wars. Over there, fact=opinion. System Wars is destined to remain uncivilized and a never ending battle until the actual gamespot system wars server is down.
Avatar image for Arbiterisl33t69
Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Arbiterisl33t69
Member since 2009 • 2542 Posts
I know this is the Wii thread! XD! Its that I just came from the System Wars thread and I am so annoyed that people there hate the Wii so much. Of course my family members and friends hate it too. But OMG its so annoying cause c'mon they hate it cause the graphics are not in HD! Are they telling me they would go back to play a game from the 90s despite the dated graphics!? Also for number of "As, AAs, and AAAs" in this ONE site the Wii has! OMG!!! Am I the only one who plays what interests them!?!? NOT by scores, sales, grphics, maturity, blood, or what friends have!!!! I'm going insane!!! I want to sell my 360 but I know people who would hate me for it and criticize me like always!!! Because of that I am afraid to play what I want or do what I want. I sold my Wii out of peer presure but now I want it back! I tell myself to stop coming to Gamespot but I come here everyday! I need to stop coming here!blazingneo32089
Why do you care? SW's full of fanboys, not just wii haters but 360, PS3 and PC haters as well, I mean it's called SYSTEM WARS Out of all the consoles they hate you just complain about the Wii? Tell me you didn't go there expecting civilized people having a nice discussion on consoles, it's a haven for fanboys, and honestly I've seen more 360 hate than Wii hate and the world doesn't revolve around these consoles being hated on, you should stop worrying so much and just play the games you want. And there are actually smart people there, you know, the ones that DON'T HATE THE WII FOR NOT BEING HD THEY'RE JUST NOT INTERESTED IN IT. I own both a 360 and Wii, while a PS3 would be great I'm fine right now and I could care less what a bunch of fanboys think about my 2 main consoles. I usually go there for the lulz and it's fun sometimes, but if you wanna sell your 360, why would you care what people think about you? Wow, you sold your Wii out of peer pressure. Dude, I'm sorry but you got some issues.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Fanboyism will be laughed upon in the Years to come.

The Reason why People are Hating on the Wii so much is because they are haters and just absolutly paying for online / loving a cool Processor and a Graphic w***e machine. (not trying to hate on the 360 and PS3 I love those systems too people)

If there isn't a game that interests me on the Wii I simply don't play it and go on to the next best game for whatever system (like Modern Warfare 2 for the PS3.)

Or I would keep playing the Wii with the games I already have (Super Mario Galaxy or Bomberman Blast). If someone wants to call me childish for having it or wants to talk smack....I'd like to say That today (on Thanksgiving) We had an Xbox 360 with Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3 Multiplayer, Halo3 ODST, Dead Space, and The Orange Box, and We had a Nintendo Wii with Super Smash Bros Brawl and Bomberman Blast and other games that were on the console and I want you to guess which console got the most attention today....Guess which one it was.....THE NINTENDO Wii!!!!!

We all played a couple of Rounds of Bomberman Blast and we played a truck load of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! The Xbox 360 got little attention and all we did was play Modern Warfare 2 for a little While and Halo ODST for a little too. The rest of the Day was Smash Bros.

It really helps when you have the best Local Player Machine. Shame there isn't really any FPSs that are Local Player for the Nintendo Wii.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

LOL im guessing you came from the one complaing about the grphics right? yeah i know what you mean, but remember almost everyone in systemwars have no understanding of videogame development, buisness & ESPECIALLY the tech behind them (my favorite part lol). If you try to tell them something they post an ugly low poly, low texture pic of Doom3. The people in their are addicted to shader effects. They cant have a game without a 70% intensified bumpmap (which btw looks horrible on the xbox because the textures are so low res) anyway u get the point. thats all they want..a game with excessive bumpmaps that makes everything look like rubber. lol I go their for kicks because its funny seeing how they belive fact=opinion.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Grow up seriously

You're letting ignorant people run your life

Shiftfallout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Shiftfallout
Member since 2006 • 2635 Posts
You do realize the Wii is a rebranded gamecube right? Nintendo chose not to use next gen hardware in order to make more money from the consumer. They targeted a specific market, charged more for less, and didnt worry because they had no competition for that specific market. Its all business, if you look at it from that point of view... of course Nintendo will get hate. Personally I still dont like nintendo for betraying Sony in the worst way possible, which caused the Playstation to be made and loss of third party developers. Nintendo's own CEO actually said he hated video games and thought people who played them were wasteful idiots, which is one of the reasons they had to get him to retired. Nintendo is also notorious for selling dev kits that do not allow third party developers to use all of their console's power (they break it up into chips). There are a lot of good reasons to hate the Wii and Nintendo, just keep that in mind. Not trying to cause a fight in here, but understand there are some logical reasons for people to dislike Nintendo right now. Fanboys in general are bad, regardless of system.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It's also because of Nintendo that we don't have Banjo Kazooie and Goldeneye on the VC.

They also don't do the obvious sellers, Like Pokemon MMORPG.

Avatar image for Visible_ninja69
Visible_ninja69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Visible_ninja69
Member since 2008 • 1214 Posts

They say motion control is stupid and kiddy

No good games but they just haven't looked

Bad online because thats really all they care about (Very pathetic)

They haven't played Metroid Prime Trilogy

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

As said before, system wars is full of fan boys and as the Wii sold the most systems (afaik), it's the biggest target. It bugs them especially that Nintendo sells that much with only a few effort on improving their system (it's just an upgraded Game cube and even the firmware is way behind PS3/X360). Personally I would have liked to see Nintendo invest more money for a stronger system even if it would increase it's price :/

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
[QUOTE="blazingneo32089"] Its that I just came from the System Wars GamerForca
Well, there's your problem. SW is full of raging fanboys.

true that
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

go ahead and get your Wii on. If your friends or family make fun of the wii just remind them that that the wii is outselling xbox and ps3. and its just the hardcore fanboys and fangirls that pouch on the wii any chance they get. if they cannot appreciatethe wii thats their lost.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#20 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

System wars is full of people taking a swipe at the Wii because of its graphics been not as good as the PS3 and the games but I look at the Wii and think Virtual Console,Backwards Compatabilty with Gamecube games. Mario,Zelda Metroid,Smash Bros.

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

It's because in system wars Graphics>Gameplay... and it's ridiculous, there is nothing wrong with the Wii and video game fans know this, just fanboys that make it annoying. :)

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
from talking to non wii players it seems to be 3 reasons 1.no hd graphics this seems to be the biggest reason for wii hate i have known a lot of people that said they wouldn't mind the wii if it had hd graphics. 2.people said the motion movement controls are gimmicky but now microsoft and sony are doing they own so how gimmicky is that. 3. ever since gamecube era people have labeled nintendo as a "kiddy" systems most likely started by microsoft fanboy kids and the fake label stays now no matter on how many m games come out its never enough for wii haters and they seem to be the 3 main reasons sure some may disagree with me but this is how i see it
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

It's because in system wars Graphics>Gameplay... and it's ridiculous, there is nothing wrong with the Wii and video game fans know this, just fanboys that make it annoying. :)

sensfanVone
yes but the best is if Graphics and Gameplay are both at a high level , unfortunately many wii games have not either one and that gives some people the reason to bash the console , yes there are some special good games but they arent so many as on ps3 and the gaps between quality games releases are bigger i do not hate wii as you might think and im no fanboy , i even have two wiis , each one is case modded by myself , but i can clearly say im enjoying the ps3 much more , never owned a playstation before this gen , nintendo was always enough for me , but this console just wasnt enough to satisfy me also because of the very few games that support classic controls , so i had to get the ps3 and that was the best choice i could do
Panther023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Panther023
[QUOTE="sensfanVone"]

AmnesiaHaze
yes but the best is if Graphics and Gameplay are both at a high level , unfortunately many wii games have not either one and that gives some people the reason to bash the console , yes there are some special good games but they arent so many as on ps3 and the gaps between quality games releases are bigger i do not hate wii as you might think and im no fanboy , i even have two wiis , each one is case modded by myself , but i can clearly say im enjoying the ps3 much more , never owned a playstation before this gen , nintendo was always enough for me , but this console just wasnt enough to satisfy me also because of the very few games that support classic controls , so i had to get the ps3 and that was the best choice i could do

And this is a perfect example. AmnesiaHaze owns and plays what he/she likes. I have a 360 because I like many of the games and the online community. PS3 would be awesome (would love to get MGS4 and Blue Ray), but I can't afford it. The Wii was something we were just given as a family. It's something we wanted because we can play them together as a family and have fun in that way. I've personally found that if a game is made specifically for the Wii and it's motion controller , the game is pretty cool. The games that cross all three platforms, well, they are most likely meant for a "normal" controller, and I will likely get the game for the 360.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
They do it because they are insecure, and somewhere along the line they decided it would make them look cool if they did. It's a way of bragging about the console they have. it's kind of like smoking. all the cool kids do it, but at the end of the day it's just dumb.
Panther023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Panther023
[QUOTE="teknic1200"]They do it because they are insecure, and somewhere along the line they decided it would make them look cool if they did. It's a way of bragging about the console they have. it's kind of like smoking. all the cool kids do it, but at the end of the day it's just dumb.

haha...well said.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

People love to hate things. Which is really bad.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

You can get more bang for your buck with one of the other ones. I like the Wii, but I can see why people would hate it. I have played Zelda, Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Warioware, Warioland, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Punch Out, Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Carnibal Games, Wii Sports, and a couple others.

The only ones that stood out were Wario Ware, Zack and Wiki, Metroid Prime 3, and Punch Out. The others weren't bad except Carnival Games, but they weren't that awsome either. Most games on Wii could be done on other systems. Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki, and Warioware really showed what the Wii could do Wii Sports was ok as well. Beyond Sports games, there is not much the Wii can do that other systems cannot. If your into light gun games, sure the Wii is the place to go.

Sidescrolling platformers might be great but they can and have been done on other systems. Granted the other systems don't revolutionize that much beyond a few titles but if your going to play pretty much the same crap over and over, you might as well get the enhanced graphics controlled by buttons that work the first time you push them instead of waggling a TV remote that only reads 60% of the time. There is talk about Wii games coming to other systems and No More Heroes is coming to the other systems.

Wii is great for local multiplayer, but for everything else, it is hit or miss.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts

You can get more bang for your buck with one of the other ones. I like the Wii, but I can see why people would hate it. I have played Zelda, Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Warioware, Warioland, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Punch Out, Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Carnibal Games, Wii Sports, and a couple others.

Wii is great for local multiplayer, but for everything else, it is hit or miss.

gamenerd15
sure, it is hit or miss but there is great single player also. Your list is pretty meh so I can see why you feel that way. I've had my wii since launch and always have a game that I'm hooked on.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Well then what games really take full advantage? Games like new Mario Bros, SSMB, Animal Crossing are all cool but they do not revolutionize anything in any way. I have also played de blob and that game was more annoying with motion controls. The style and art was cool. Just going around and painting everything in each level got kind of boring after level 3. Pointing and clicking like a mouse is not revolutionary. Waggling the wiimote which is similar to button mashing is not revolutionary.

When is this revolutionary gameplay going to happen outside of sport games. They have come out with Wii motion plus but there still are only like 3 games out that use it and like 4 games announced so far that use it. You have to pay like 40 or 50 dollars just for the attachment. Why pay $250 and get basically the same thing over again with a few exceptions when you can pay a little more and get a few more features even if you won't primarily use them a whole lot? The Wii was cool when it was new because everyone figured "this is only a taste of what wii can do and plus it's only launch titles." Three years later, the games still play with imprecision. You have to do things 3 to 3 times for them work right. I would have rather waited until a generation later to when developers have played with motion control enough to know how to make games with it in all genre's and not just a select few.

I can buy a PS2 for 100 dollars or less and pretty much get the same experience I do on Wii as far as Singleplayer Goes. I could buy a GC for 30 or less and get pretty much the same thing.

Does I think the Wii sucks? no, I don't. I just think Nintendo plays it too safe and doesn't stride to take things to the next level. Even with the Wii as it stands now, games like Z and W, Metroid Prime 3, and Warioware, prove that the Wii can be more than just tilting left and right, point and click, and wagglefest. If I am just going to turn the Wiimote on it's side, I could buy a DS and do the same thing. Nintendo does not use their resources and push the hardware they have. When you basically release a sequel like Animal Crossing, it shows you are not trying.

For local multiplayer, the Wii is the best thing out there to buy, for everything else, it has it's moments, but falls flat in a good variety of areas.

It's great that Nintendo wants to expand the market, but the way they are doing it by marketing the same mini game collections over and over is rather annoying. You always here how games like Deca Sports, Mario and Sonic, Game Party, are always having their variations of wii sport games. We saw it 3 years ago. Do something else with the motion controls.

Other systems also have great singleplayer games as well, so saying that the Wii has an advantage in this way is incorrect. It does have cool singleplayer games but so does everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Because they might have legitmate complaints.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I don't hate the Wii but I think you'd have to be crazy if the Wii was the only console you own. It doesn't get any of the big new games. The Wii is a good partner for the 360 or PS3. That way you can play Mario Galaxy, Wii Fit, Carnival Funfair Games and Peppa Pig The Game along with Bioshock, Assassins Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, The Orange Box, Oblivion, Resident Evil 5, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect, God of War 3, Mirrors Edge, Far Cry 2, Crysis 2, FFXIII, Batman Arkham Asylum, MGS4 etc etc. I do hate the way Nintendo have marketed the Wii. I'm not sure how it's marketed outside the UK, but EVERY UK ad I've seen is either marketed toward senior citizens, young girls, middle aged women or young children. Since I'm none of those I feel like I'm not a targeted Wii customer, even though I've owned one for almost two years. I suppose it isn't aimed at me since it hardly ever gets a game I'm interested in.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Who do people hate any console? Hatred for a console is just plain stupid. Why would someone have such strong feelings against an inanimate object? I enjoy them all but that's just me.

Dave_Bonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dave_Bonds
Member since 2009 • 300 Posts

If you think that system bashing is bad, my friend doesn't own a television. It has nothing to do with spite, it just completely disinterests him. He loves watching movies and does enjoy cartoons as well as videogames, but the rest of it just doesn't appeal. He owns a laptop for work. He does comics for a local paper here and is an art teacher. We work on collaberations sometimes. People give him flack every day when they start conversations about sporting events, commercials, etc. Some of them get irate and insist that he caves.

I don't know what System Wars is like, the title keeps me from going in that forum all togehter. It seems like a total waste of my time and energy. I have so many other interests in my life that consume my time and energy, that I just don't share interest in bashing any aspect of them on related forums that I'm a member of.

It seems to me like everybody follows the folds these days. Everyone has to have the newest piece of technology, because it's the best and not because of what suits them. Most of what I own is anywhere from 20-50 years old, because I like it, with the exception of the modern stuff (my television, computer and my Wii, etc.)

Most of the things that I want are impossible to buy new, so to argue about the latest and greatest thing is just a forgein concept to me. I don't care if it's brand new or 75 years old. If I think it's cool, I like it and if I think it's cool enough to have around and that I will enjoy it, I might consider buying it. Everything that I buy is researched, usually for months or years, regarding it's quality and usefulness to me, but I make the ultimate decision of ownership.

Some of the people whom I've invited over think I'm a kook for not selling my old transformers toys and old skateboard collection off to finish my two car restorations. They always tell me that they would do this or that differently. Some people hate my house. They say it is childish and that I need to grow up. I don't associate myself with them and if my family thinks the same, they are entitled to their opinion, but I will do as I please.

I think you already know what you should do. You might also just step back from the picture and look at the pros of owning a wii and the pros of owning your 360. They both have really cool games, mixed in with a host of not so cool titles. If the people in your life dissaprove of you owning a Wii, you might ask them why they think their opinion matters to you, or ask them how and why you doing what you enjoy doing is going to affect them directly, in any negative light.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#35 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

The first and foremost people hate Nintendo/Wii is the image. Every console has an image generated by a handful of games that defines how the console is perceived. Wii's image is that it'd have no 'hardcore' games.

Now, this stuff about 'hardcore' and 'casual' is total bollocks. Of course I acknowledge a clear cut difference (in audience) between a game such as Metroid Prime 3 and Wii Sports, but what most people actually mean by 'hardcore' games is games that are both violent and blockbusters, a combination that's admittedly rather scarce on the Wii. There are still many games, though, that are worth the effort. I'm not going to make a list as that's undoubtedly been done already, but if people would just did some effort and play games without complaining about them being 'kiddie', they might get past their insecurity and not need 9 foot biceps mutants wielding 2-ton guns in video games to be able to enjoy them. After all, games such as Super Mario Galaxy may look cute, but the gameplay and graphical design are the definition of artistic maturity. Apart from that, I feel people these days care too much about grades from sites such as Gamespot and IGN. I've put over 50 hours in games that were rated below 70% on gameratings. Be your own judge.

I do understand that people may experience the Wii as being gimmicky. After all, only a handful of games really benefitted from the motion controls, although that's caused by the lack of balls on the third party's behalf rather than on any failure on Nintendo's side. The Wii hasn't revolutionised gaming as Nintendo likes to boast, but nor have Xbox360 or PS3, and compared to those two the Wii is a refreshing piece of work. It's affordable and has a lot of fun games, including ones that don't play like anything that has appeared on the other two consoles so far. I'm also glad the focus is no longer on graphics. Even though SMG, Mario Kart, and Brawl all look great, it's their gameplay that really sets them apart, so in a way, Nintendo kept its promise.

Dave_Bonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dave_Bonds

That's an interesting point you make. It's strange how much videogames influence our culture. You may not think it would right away, but what you said about people becoming insecure, regarding the seemingly childish graphics is a perfect example of that. It's almost like how people attach their egos to their car. It seems like anything that a lot ofpeople spend their money on these days has to reflect on their image. It seems very spiteful and it's no wonder that counter-marketting like Apple computers and General Motors use works well.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#37 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts
Another reason is that "they abandoned the 'hardcore'". Oh please :roll:
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#38 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Because they want guns, guns and more guns.

Dave_Bonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dave_Bonds

THAS RITE!

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
with success comes a huge hate crowd right behind it. Tjeremiah1988
This in addition to the fact that fanboys hate everything thats not a product of the console they choose to worship. Simple as that.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#41 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

That's an interesting point you make. It's strange how much videogames influence our culture. You may not think it would right away, but what you said about people becoming insecure, regarding the seemingly childish graphics is a perfect example of that. It's almost like how people attach their egos to their car. It seems like anything that a lot ofpeople spend their money on these days has to reflect on their image. It seems very spiteful and it's no wonder that counter-marketting like Apple computers and General Motors use works well.Dave_Bonds

Other than that, it's a mere logical reaction that comes with being young. I don't know if you've ever noticed it, but the people who usually complain about games (or anything for that matter) being kiddie, are kids, probably because children are often obsessed with being mature and grown-up.

But yeah, it also has a lot to do with image, and for some social circles, Mario just isn't rad enough I guess.

123jefff456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 123jefff456
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Fanboys only care about the graphics. If you ask me, thats stupid. I've played the Xbox 360 and the Wii. I have yet to play the PS3. I like the Wii best because it has something special that others don't seem to have. Pure non-violent fun.(Not to offend other "Fun" games from the other consoles.