How not to get angry at video games?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts

I find myself getting more stress when playing online games, anyone else in this situation and how do you guys deal with it? Esepcailly with Call of Duty, I guess I am an angry videogamer

BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

I could tell you a couple of things but they're kind of illegal, so yea, I can't tell them to you.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

i was in this place as well...it took me breaking a 50 dollar controller to realise that i was stupid and should really lighten up a bit...now im fine....i still get mad and its cool but i dont throw crap or punch crap anymore....i mean i used to naturally get mad easily anyway.....not just because of games....but it was breaking that controller that helped tremendously with my anger issues....so i mean there isnt really a specified way to learn not to get mad unless it actually happens...try not playing for a couple of days or maybe a week...so you can chill out and think about it a little

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I always feel the most relaxed playing video games, so I'm not really sure what to recommend except to remember that you are in fact playing a video game as a form of entertainment. There is nothing but foolish pride getting in the way of having a good time.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I dont know how, but I never get angry at it.... it's just a game. so what if I die alot.
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
I don't think I get particularly angry when playing video games, even when dying repeatedly in MW2. I think I can stay unemotional during online games because I believe that what occurs there is worthless. As in, whenever I play a game I always realize that no matter how good I get at the game, it means nothing. It really is pretty useless to be in the top 1000 or better in MW2 or any game. Whatever skill you gain at playing a game basically doesn't exist, since as soon as that game gets old and looses popularity, all the time you invested in your skill at that game disappears. And even while that game is popular, there is a very small circle of people who could care that you have any skill at that game. In other words, I don't mind that someone else out there is ridiculously better at something which in real life is useless.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I'm angry at Siren: New Translation because I don't think I can beat it.

megapikachu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 megapikachu101
Member since 2007 • 1386 Posts

i don't know why but i only get angry at certain things, like i don't care if i get owned in wipeout hd online, but god damn does burnout paradise piss me off!

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
There are only 2 way to not get angry at video games.
1. Don't play them. 2. Drink while playing them.
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#10 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
When a certain game is pissing me off for a while, I just take a smoke break. For all you non-smokers, I suggest relaxing with a cold drink and a movie ;).
Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I'm angry at Siren: New Translation because I don't think I can beat it.

Furi-Kun
yeah same here, the gameplay is strange and it is a good survival horror game
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
I find myself frustrated. If I am getting owned online or in game, I just quit, and do something else. Come back to it later with a better frame of mind...
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I think all of us have been guilty of getting angry at video games at one point. The pure frustration of being belittled by a game or even worst the little 12 year old kid who you just can't beat. At the end of the day you just need to remember that it is just a game. You win some you lose some there are more important things out there.
Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

I find myself getting more stress when playing online games, anyone else in this situation and how do you guys deal with it? Esepcailly with Call of Duty, I guess I am an angry videogamer

idk761

grab a plate, go outside and chunk it :P

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Lower your own expectations and try not to take the game so seriously.

Shoooryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shoooryuken
Member since 2009 • 969 Posts
Play for fun. Not to win.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I get frustrated easily on games like COD multiplayer, when I keep getting killed by noobs using LMG, and shooting randomly

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
Stop playing online multiplayer and try co-op modes or singleplayer. Seriously, online multiplayer is a pain in the ass.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#19 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Stop playing online multiplayer and try co-op modes or singleplayer. Seriously, online multiplayer is a pain in the ass.Rhen_Var

Only if your not very good, or you come across cheats ;)

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="Rhen_Var"]Stop playing online multiplayer and try co-op modes or singleplayer. Seriously, online multiplayer is a pain in the ass.

lol, and just a few months ago, you were a huge Battlefield fan :lol: Did someone break up with you in the middle of a competitive match or something?
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I've never been so angry that it calls for alarm. Sorry.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rhen_Var
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="Rhen_Var"]Stop playing online multiplayer and try co-op modes or singleplayer. Seriously, online multiplayer is a pain in the ass.

lol, and just a few months ago, you were a huge Battlefield fan :lol: Did someone break up with you in the middle of a competitive match or something?

Battlefield is the exception. I've always loved that game, always will.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hazelnutman

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="Rhen_Var"]Stop playing online multiplayer and try co-op modes or singleplayer. Seriously, online multiplayer is a pain in the ass.Rhen_Var

That's the Rhen I know (and love)!

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rhen_Var

[QUOTE="Rhen_Var"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"] lol, and just a few months ago, you were a huge Battlefield fan :lol: Did someone break up with you in the middle of a competitive match or something?hazelnutman

On another note, Battlefield Heroes sucks, don't even try it =/
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

[QUOTE="Rhen_Var"] Battlefield is the exception. I've always loved that game, always will.Rhen_Var

On another note, Battlefield Heroes sucks, don't even try it =/

lol, too late. Already did. Already hated it. It's a game trying to be Team Fortress 2 with Battlefield's name slapped on it.
lahdeedah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 lahdeedah
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts
I just play for fun. Occasionally I'll swear if I start going 0/10 in multiplayer. lol
felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 felixlynch777
Member since 2008 • 1787 Posts

After punching my door after dying in Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 for the 20th time on hardest difficultyand making my hand bleed very badly I learnt my lesson and never get angry with games anymore.If you're feeling frustrated go get a glass of water and have a break for a couple of minutes and remember it's just a videogame no need beating yourself up over it.

LuffyPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LuffyPSP
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I usually angry when playing Fifa only. Especially when on cup ties. others, hmm i quit the game first and come back again next time...
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

lol go see a psychiatrist andtake anger managerment

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

Same crap happens to me in madden nfl 08 when my team fumbles for the 4th time straight i just throw my controller on the bed.

brummydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 brummydude
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
just try co-op games like left 4 dead rather than competitive games like COD or FIFA - These games make me mad when im loosing or have crap kills/deaths ratio. It's a shame because I dont have as much fun so I wish i could change my mind set. Left 4 dead on the other hand i have so much fun seen as its just working together to survive
DeadlyWormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeadlyWormy
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts

I don't know what to say really. I don't try to take games to seriously and relax and have fun at the same time. Of course there will be times where I will get a little angry, due to the game being crazy hard, or I get a bad team or teammate online. :P

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm not very good to be competitive online, especially with shooters, however I still enjoy playing online once in a while.

If you're getting angry and stressed out over the games you play, it would be a good advise to stop playing for few days if not more, or simply don't play games that make you angry. ;)

ismo2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ismo2009
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts

Ok,im an angry boy...if you want to pwnd noobs like Jeremy from PP. Then you need to think positive,if you get angry think positive. If you get mad at COD you will always die,relax and be optimist. Seriously i owned too many people today with this instructions ;)

Avatar image for ChrisMoneyMaker
ChrisMoneyMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChrisMoneyMaker
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts
im a laid back dude so im always relax hehe
portej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 portej
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts

1) Turn off console

2) Walk away from console, slowly

3) Take a deep breath

4) Go to your kitchen get a drink of cold water

5) Remember, its just a video game, life is way too short to get angry over a video game

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
[QUOTE="brummydude"]just try co-op games like left 4 dead rather than competitive games like COD or FIFA - These games make me mad when im loosing or have crap kills/deaths ratio. It's a shame because I dont have as much fun so I wish i could change my mind set. Left 4 dead on the other hand i have so much fun seen as its just working together to survive

I agree, I've played L4D and RSV2 and not once did I get upset when playing online coop.
iRecoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iRecoil
Member since 2009 • 198 Posts

After raging everytime I play online FPS with my 512k internet connection, I've learned that I should calm the **** down and enjoy myself :).

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

I used to get angry playing certain games but as I got older I realize it's just entertainment and it's not worth the effort to get worked up over it anymore. I play to get entertained. A positive frame of my mind can get you so very far, IMO.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
Hit a pillow or something soft that way you don't hurt yourself, but get anger out. I would always hit my controller till I hurt my hand, lol
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I can usually stay calm and laugh at my mistakes but when online and getting constantly owned it does upset me somewhat especially if I know I can't do much about it (playing Uncharted, 2 on 5 plunder) But Uncharted actually patched it to end the match quicker if teams are uneven so its actually pretty relaxing now. Other than that I only get upset when playing Pinball. It is so annoying having the ball go right in the gutter when there was no mistake on your part.

Scorpion13497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Scorpion13497
Member since 2003 • 775 Posts

I usually don't get pissed at games but there are a few exceptions (Demon's Souls....). I usually take a break, or switch to a different game for a little. For example, the other day I was playing Uncharted 2 trying to get past Chapter 22 on Hard, and was getting destroyed. So I stopped and quit at the checkpoint, and played Everyday Shooter for a little (that game always calms me down). When I felt better and not so stressed, I switched back over to give it another shot.

So just do something for half an hour that relaxes you. Read a book, play a casual game, come on Gamespot, whatever helps you. Then get back on and try again :)

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Try a single-player game. I generally find online games much more frustrating because of a bad connection, bad luck, or other annoying things human opponents will do.

KzJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KzJoe
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Try Demons Souls on the hardest difficulty

oakie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 oakie86
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

I stop playing a game and play something else till I get back into a relaxed mood about it, (aka Demons Souls for the time being.) I don't play multiplayer, multiplayer online to me is like driving in rush hour. Everyone sucks at it and acts selfishly. My brother used to get bad Halo-rage. I secretly cut the internet whenever it got bad until he calmed down. Usually the internet being "down" made him angrier though. :P

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yentlequible
Member since 2009 • 2620 Posts

i don't know why but i only get angry at certain things, like i don't care if i get owned in wipeout hd online, but god damn does burnout paradise piss me off!

megapikachu101
Its those stupid cars that always turn right into you instead of away, isn't it? those really piss me off when i play!
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I only get angry when things don't work properly or are poorly programmed. Aside from that, I don't get mad if I lose against someone else. But I do get frustrated by a cheap, spaming AI. Like one of those "god boss" characters for example. Especially for fighting games. Or "perfect AI" that never makes a mistake and can pull off feats that are completely impossible for the player.

Matth1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Matth1325
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I get really angry playing online games. So I just don't play them anymore...

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Playing "Takedown" on Veteran is making me very angry -.- I decided to jump from regular to Veteran for the trophies lol. I hated this level on normal, but on Veteran. I'm pretty lucky there isn't a controller through my TV right now...
MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

Imagine being this guy. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XW2X1hXOoo&feature=related

WARNING: He drops lots of F bombs.