Concept Art on Warren Spector's (Deus Ex creator) Steampunk Mickey Mouse Epic!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
i will honestly buy any console for this game, i dont care what it's on it's the only game apart from a chrono sequel that can get me this hyped
Pandajerk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Pandajerk29
Member since 2008 • 708 Posts

wow. how many disney characters can you find?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

wow. how many disney characters can you find?

Pandajerk29

I see eight but 2 might not be Disney Characters as one is a Mouth but I can't see the rest and the other looks like a Spider head. So Six if those other 2 aren't Disney characters.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Honestly, im almost lost for words--im rather confused, but those look freakin amazing.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Hold on to yer pants fellow gamespoters, heres comes the rest of the artwork (again)...

^ I want this framed

^File name: "Tomorrowland"

^ File name: "Cityscape"

^ File name: "Mean Street"

^ Jesus. This Mickey Mouse monster from hell is called "Beettleworx"

And i'm gonna post this one again; WHY? Because its a damn 1930s industrial fair-like structure on the back of a mechanical Narwhal zombie with steam-powered limbs and watermills pushed by mechanical arms with Mickey gloves, in the middle of goddam ocean!!! F***!!

Pandajerk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pandajerk29

is that the whale from pnokoio?

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Thunderdrone
is that the whale from pnokoio? Pandajerk29
Is that the name of the mexican rip-off of Pinocchio? Just kiddin :P Its a Narwhal.
Pandajerk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pandajerk29

[QUOTE="Pandajerk29"] is that the whale from pnokoio? Thunderdrone
Is that the name of the mexican rip-off of Pinocchio? Just kiddin :P Its a Narwhal.

......:oops: i ment the disney movie pinokoio when they were eaten by the whale

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#59 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="hy4k"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"] But after the SNES and Genesis I think Sony lost the rights to the Disney series because Sony make alot of the Disney games on the Genesis and SNES.

Nintendo_Ownes7

shame :(

do you remember aladdin on genesis? that game was superb

That game was great.

Yeah i still have it :) And a Mickey Mouse game for it too. That one was really good. There was also a Donald Duck + Mickey Mouse game for genesis that let You play cooperative. That one was even better i think. I was a real genesis fan.
SoulEater30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SoulEater30
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

Concept art looks ridiculous. God, I love Warren Spector.

Should have been on PC though.

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

This looks too damn good...please tell me that this is still in production.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

Some fantastic art! but I wonder what the plot could possibly be for this game? and what genre is it?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

As much as I love the wii, wrong freaking console. I want to see this art fully realized.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Nintendo_Ownes7

Some fantastic art! but I wonder what the plot could possibly be for this game? and what genre is it?

Scythes777

Warren Spector said he wanted to make a Platformer that could compete with Mario.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Scythes777

[QUOTE="Scythes777"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Warren Spector said he wanted to make a Platformer that could compete with Mario.

That would be interesting...well I guess we have to wait and see how everything works!
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Scythes777"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

I now am excited. If it could compete I would basically love whoever this dude is forever. Not nearly enough (or any) platformers up to mario standards anymore. Makes me sad :(

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Scythes777

I see people complaining that its on the wii, but Disney probly picked the wii so the game could have higher sales. Also, We saw what Nintendo did with Galaxy so I eagerly await to see what this game will actually look like.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

OMG!!! this is creppy,but at the some time awesome. I would love to play this.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 finalfantasy94

I see people complaining that its on the wii, but Disney probly picked the wii so the game could have higher sales. Also, We saw what Nintendo did with Galaxy so I eagerly await to see what this game will actually look like.

Scythes777

Well it could be a game not aimed for casuals and they dont sell that well on wii. You have a better chance on 360/PS3. Also im pretty sure if this game is going to look this grim it wont be aimed for kids either. I also would like to see this art alive in HD.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ActicEdge

Scythes777

I love the wii but eve I want to see how this art would be realized on an HD console. If it comes out and its good, I'm gonna buy it however.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Scythes777"]

finalfantasy94

Well it could be a game not aimed for casuals and they dont sell that well on wii. You have a better chance on 360/PS3. Also im pretty sure if this game is going to look this grim it wont be aimed for kids either. I also would like to see this art alive in HD.

I still don't understand this idea that games not aimed at so called "casuals" can't sell on the wii. What exactly makes people think this? Do I have to go to the extent of making a serious thread to get rid of this idea?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Scythes777"]

ActicEdge

I still don't understand this idea that games not aimed at so called "casuals" can't sell on the wii. What exactly makes people think this? Do I have to go to the extent of making a serious thread to get rid of this idea?

Cause most of the hardcore attempts on wii have fallen flat. Sales wise of course. THe only game I can think of is mario galaxy that sold very well.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I now am excited. If it could compete I would basically love whoever this dude is forever. Not nearly enough (or any) platformers up to mario standards anymore. Makes me sad :(

ActicEdge

I agree with you 100%. I would love to see a platformmer come even close to how good Mario is. Man that would be epic

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 HarlockJC

Cause most of the hardcore attempts on wii have fallen flat. Sales wise of course. THe only game I can think of is mario galaxy that sold very well.

finalfantasy94

There a number of them that sold well just not in the millions. Don't forget a game does not need to sell a million to be a success.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

Well its blatantly obvious why alot of these so called "hardcore" games fail. I could make a really long list but instead I'll just say, when the devs put the effort in to make a really well selling game, they will get sales. Also, many games have sold well on the wii, Galaxy is just absurd since its sitting near 9 million. Fact is, if that's how much it takes to sell very well then most games this gen have failed miserably.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

HarlockJC

There a number of them that sold well just not in the millions. Don't forget a game does not need to sell a million to be a success.

I know you dont need millions to be a success,but it can still sell poorly.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

HarlockJC

I agree with you 100%. I would love to see a platformmer come even close to how good Mario is. Man that would be epic

I know, it saddens me since I love platformers though I haven't really bought many this gen. I think I will get the blob and Wario since they are like 20 bucks now.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I'm prepared to say that this will be one of the greatest games ever made. I haven't seen it, but the talent behind it and the art is enough. Now put it on every platform, Warren.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

I know you dont need millions to be a success,but it can still sell poorly.

No More Heroes sold 440K and it was successful it is getting a Sequal, made a profit, and it is Suda 51's best selling game. (I'm only bringing this up because most people when they say "Hardcore" games don't sell well on the Wii always bring up this game.)

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

HarlockJC

Apparently there are 51 million sellers but that's not the point. no one ever gives solid reasons as to why susposed hardcore games can't or don't sell well on the system. They just say it then walk away. Its annoying and a complete misconception.

SoulEater30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SoulEater30

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

I know, it saddens me since I love platformers though I haven't really bought many this gen. I think I will get the blob and Wario since they are like 20 bucks now.

*Cough Ristar on VC Cough*

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

I can't believe this game is coming to the Wii :O

I hope it steamrolls other 3rd party efforts to shame them into what should be done in the Wii:P

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#84 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

this looks epic! I cant believe disney let them do this!

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 HarlockJC

SoulEater30

Ristar is also on one of the Sonic collections on the GC

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"] I agree with you 100%. I would love to see a platformmer come even close to how good Mario is. Man that would be epic

SoulEater30

You should get the cough checked out. Anyway I'm buying Ristar on VC eventually.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Thunderdrone
Cause most of the hardcore attempts on wii have fallen flat. Sales wise of course. THe only game I can think of is mario galaxy that sold very well. finalfantasy94
Yeah, you're pretty uninformed on this matter then.
SoulEater30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SoulEater30

[QUOTE="SoulEater30"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

You should get the cough checked out. Anyway I'm buying Ristar on VC eventually.

"eventually" being the keyword.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Scythes777

[QUOTE="Scythes777"]

finalfantasy94

I honestly dont think it would do well on the 360 and PS3. Most people that buy those systems buy them for halo, CoD, shooters, action games etc. So I cant really see a whole bunch of teenage boys who got 360s ans PS3s for those games buying a Mickey game. No matter what the target audience is, the game is going to be focused on Disney and Mickey and I dont see that going too well with 360 and PS3 owners.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="SoulEater30"]*Cough Ristar on VC Cough*

SoulEater30

"eventually" being the keyword.

I see, well, I guess I'll have to get it in due time then ;)

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 HarlockJC

I hope it steamrolls other 3rd party efforts to shame them into what should be done in the Wii:P

TaMuK711

I though it was the Wii when looking at the art. Did we get a confirmation on that?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

HarlockJC

I though it was the Wii when looking at the art. Did we get a confirmation on that?

The first pick is the confirmation. The second pick is here cause its awesome.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

HarlockJC

Here is the link Epic Mickey for Wii It is also on GoNintendo.com but it goes sites the link that I posted as the source.

hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hy4k

As much as I love the wii, wrong freaking console. I want to see this art fully realized.

ActicEdge

only place it would sell and get made for not much money

i'd like to see it on PC as well but it's a bad fit for the audience and it'd cost a ton

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

hy4k

only place it would sell and get made for not much money

i'd like to see it on PC as well but it's a bad fit for the audience and it'd cost a ton

Not sure I agree with that but the wii probably has the best audience for this all things considered.

hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hy4k

/p>

Not sure I agree with that but the wii probably has the best audience for this all things considered.

ActicEdge

there's no way in hell lemmings are buying a disney game there's no way in hell cows are buying any game

finalfantasy94

this is hardcore in the same way galaxy is hardcore. it's not call of duty

cows dont buy games period, and lemmings aren't touching anything that isn't an adolescent male power fantasy

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
If this really turns out to be a Wii exclusive, I'm going to cry. I'll pick it up anyway, but still, I want a game that does that art justice, and I'm not sure the Wii can do that.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#98 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Too bad we probably won't see a screenshot for a long time.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 HarlockJC
If this really turns out to be a Wii exclusive, I'm going to cry. I'll pick it up anyway, but still, I want a game that does that art justice, and I'm not sure the Wii can do that.pyromaniac223
Odin Spear had amazing art on the PS2 so it can be done on the Wii. I agree with wanting better graphics though. It seems like it still a good move on their part more than likely the Wii would be the best place for sales and the game will be cheaper to make.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]If this really turns out to be a Wii exclusive, I'm going to cry. I'll pick it up anyway, but still, I want a game that does that art justice, and I'm not sure the Wii can do that.HarlockJC
Odin Spear had amazing art on the PS2 so it can be done on the Wii. I agree with wanting better graphics though. It seems like it still a good move on their part more than likely the Wii would be the best place for sales and the game will be cheaper to make.

But that was a completely different artstyle. If this is going to be 2d, fine, but I'd still like it to be in HD. If it's 3d, then my god, the jaggies....