Please help me with my tv screen i beg you, for xbox 360 please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

Okay so I have an (20 inches lcd tv HD) and i play my xbox 360 in hd on my tv.

But the problem is that my lcd hd 20 inches tv is 720p and in my xbox i have put the hd settings in 720p but when i put my tv scrren option to normal there are BLACK RECTANGLES ON THE TOP AND THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN and when I put my tv options to FULL ITS TOOO ZOOM IN AND I CANT SEE EVERYTHING LIKE IF i PLAY FIFA 09 i cant see the score because its too zoom in and my tv has only 2 options normal and full and it happens with 1080i and 1080 p its tooooo big and 420 its the same as 720 p

please help me please

tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
Most likely your screen is a 16:10 aspect ratio and the xbox displays a 16:9 aspect ratio. So there isn't much you can do. But the black bars shouldn't be that bad just learn to live with it
b-u-r-p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 b-u-r-p
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
I know that with some T.V sets you can change the ratio right? Why don't you try look around in the display setting menu of your TV, maybe you'll find something there.
tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts

I know that with some T.V sets you can change the ratio right? Why don't you try look around in the display setting menu of your TV, maybe you'll find something there.b-u-r-p
You cant change the ratio on a tv, its the shape of the screen. You can change some settings so it will cut out some picture to make it fit but thats not recomended

b-u-r-p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 b-u-r-p
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

[QUOTE="b-u-r-p"]I know that with some T.V sets you can change the ratio right? Why don't you try look around in the display setting menu of your TV, maybe you'll find something there.tony_fjellborg

You cant change the ratio on a tv, its the shape of the screen. You can change some settings so it will cut out some picture to make it fit but thats not recomended

Really? I never knew that, thanks for the info. I just remember playing on my friends house, and on his Samsung he changed the ratio. Is there a difference between 16:9 and 4:3? or is it just like doubled or something cause the numbers are squares?
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11920 Posts

[QUOTE="tony_fjellborg"]

[QUOTE="b-u-r-p"]I know that with some T.V sets you can change the ratio right? Why don't you try look around in the display setting menu of your TV, maybe you'll find something there.b-u-r-p

Really? I never knew that, thanks for the info. I just remember playing on my friends house, and on his Samsung he changed the ratio. Is there a difference between 16:9 and 4:3? or is it just like doubled or something cause the numbers are squares?

A 4:3 ratio needs to be multiplied by the same number on both sides of the ratio. So if you you multiplied it by 4 the ratio would be 16:12, which is still different than16:9.4:3 and 16:9are not equal.