can you transfer you saved gaming files and trophies from one ps3 to another?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rralph971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 rralph971
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

hey guys i was wondering if it was possible to transfer saved files and trophies from one ps3 to another?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

hey guys i was wondering if it was possible to transfer saved files and trophies from one ps3 to another?!

rralph971

I'm not sure about save files. You would have to save them onto a USB drive and then upload them to a new PS3. Trophies are linked to your PSN account. To access them on another PS3 you have to re-create your account on the new PS3. Word of caution, if you are creating your new account on a friends PS3, they could potentially have access to your wallet, so just be aware of that.

Anyway, once the account is created on the PS3, log in and all your info and trophies will be there.

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

the trophies are stored online so they are transfered where ever you go, most game saves can be transfered I've only run into 4 that couldn't be: megaman 9, Street Fighter IV, Killzone 2, and Ninja Gaiden sigma. all my other game saves could be transfered.

lordray1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lordray1000
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
You can backup your save game profiles, but not all. For example, i save my GTA4 games (settings and games) and Tiger Woods 09 profile to a USB stick. However, I can't save my NFS Carbon profile because the game's copy protection. I'm sure this is true for other games, but it's the only one I have not been able to copy as of late. 2 ways to back things up. One of which backs up your entire PS3 config & data. Done through "System Settings". This can take a while but I recommend everyone do this at least once a month or every two weeks. I use the Media Xporter external HDD (and have all my themes, movies, music, etc...on that - beautiful) The other option is to simply save your profile(s) to a USB thumb drive or external HDD (FAT32). Go to Game, Saved Data Utility, browse to the game profile you want to copy, press triangle and copy it to the attached USB drive. Basically the samething for when you go to the "other" PS3. Go to the same place and browse to the USB and copy it. It will place it appropriately. Just don't piss off a buddy by replacing his profile settings. *Hint: That's why a full system backup can help. My ex-wife nuked my PS3 profile so when I got it back you can understand that I was a bit pissed until I remembered that I had a recent backup. Awesome!!!! I hope this helps somewhat.
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

you can by using a flash drive...by backing up your save files on your ps3

EmyrsII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EmyrsII
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

some save files are locked to the ps3. capcom games like to do this, and it may be a emerging trend with ps3 developers.

moving may not be possible, but you can back up the entire harddrive on your ps3.. this will save everything. save files, downloaded games, dlc, everything. i do this maybe once a month, or if i buy something off PSN... this way if my harddrive crashes, or the ps3 dies, i can restore everything from my last backup.

Raulimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Raulimus
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts

I had hoped that transferring PS3 trophies would be as easy as transferring 360 achievements, but I ran into issues of not being able to do this. My gf and I both have PS3s at our houses, and both of our accounts are on one another's systems. When I was playing Arkham Asylum, I would play mainly on my system at home, but also sometimes at her house since we both had the game. I earned some trophies on her system and wasn't able to sync them onto my system. So I have the trophies for like 25% and 50% riddles and also all riddles found, but the 75% is on her system and I have other missing trophy gaps.

Also I work at Best Buy and a customer brought in his PS3 that would not eject discs. Long story short, I helped him with his new system he received through our protection plan by transferring all of his saved data with a USB drive, and also logged onto the PSN and recovered his account. When doing a trophy sync he only received the trophies from 2 out his 20+ saved games.

So yeah, I know it should work, but I've only seen partial success with this process. Has anyone actually done it successfully, as I would love to be able to play PS3 at my gf's house without bringing my whole system over. :?

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

rralph971

You would have to sign into the new PS3 with ur account and sync it for your trophies. Your save data is tricky but possible use a USB stick. However some saves may be locked to your system.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Most games are probably going to locked game saves because of trophy hackers.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
yeah your game saves can by tranfered but there are some games that wont let you (KZ2 and Fat Princess), but for trophies all you got to do is sign in with your PSN accout and thats its
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Trophies are stored on PS3 servers so they will always be there regardless of which PS3 you use.

Save Files can be transferred using USB, but each save file is linked to that PS3 it was created on. Meaning if you take the save file to another PS3, as in your case, its going to not match up with the original PS3 and will think your trying to hack the trophies thus disabling them with THAT save file.

j5r9s2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14 j5r9s2
Member since 2008 • 998 Posts

Trophies are stored on PS3 servers so they will always be there regardless of which PS3 you use.

Save Files can be transferred using USB, but each save file is linked to that PS3 it was created on. Meaning if you take the save file to another PS3, as in your case, its going to not match up with the original PS3 and will think your trying to hack the trophies thus disabling them with THAT save file.

jjivey
true the tropies transfer over the web, there is a setting where you can connect a ethernet cable to both ps3 to transfer all data even copyright data
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
well i read that you can transfer files from 1 PS3 to another through ethernet. Just simply plug one ethernet to one system to the other. I believe you go into system settings and back up files. From there it'll tell you what to do. As for Trophies, they simply sync to your account so you won't lose them.
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jjivey

[QUOTE="jjivey"]

j5r9s2

true the tropies transfer over the web, there is a setting where you can connect a ethernet cable to both ps3 to transfer all data even copyright data

Didn't that get removed in the slims? I think the 80 GB and below could do it but i don't think i ever saw the option on my slim.

dave192873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dave192873
Member since 2010 • 680 Posts
how do you save files to a USB drive? I never knew this......
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
save files work if you log into psn from the other PS3. I have 2 ps3s and do it all the time. Obviously copy-protected files do not work that way. To get trophies just log into PSN from the other PS3 and sync. It will take a while to pull down your trophies if you got alot
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jjivey

save files work if you log into psn from the other PS3. I have 2 ps3s and do it all the time. Obviously copy-protected files do not work that way. To get trophies just log into PSN from the other PS3 and sync. It will take a while to pull down your trophies if you got alothiryu3

thats your secret!

cpw21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cpw21
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
need ideas, my ps3 recently stoped playin fifa 13 and sony arranged that they would collect the console 27th of december,i was away for the weekend an when i came back they had already collected the my ps3 for repair 5days earlier than expected,my pro online player was saved on that ps3 and i cannot get that playstation back is there a way EA could sync that data to my new ps3 or is that buy buy to my nearly finished pro player??.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

[QUOTE="j5r9s2"][QUOTE="jjivey"]

jjivey

Didn't that get removed in the slims? I think the 80 GB and below could do it but i don't think i ever saw the option on my slim.

Yeah, you can still do it. That's how I moved the data on my 60GB fat to my 320GB Slim.