Can someone tell me what is so good about the Recon Armor in Halo 3 ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Intellectual-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Intellectual-
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

If you have never seen it before then here it is :

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7575/bungiereconproof2gl5.jpg

http://nitsuj.org/images/Halo3/14281347-crop.jpg

so what's so good about it ?? why do so many people ask/beg for it ??

I use the hyabusa armor and I think it looks more badass.

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts
Because it is so rare and difficult to obtain, it's sort of a bragging rights kind of thing to have one. If Bungie didn't offer it like a rare prize to be won, then nobody would give it a second thought. People who do receive it seem like they get a lot of attention, good and bad. Personally, I don't think it's worth the trouble, and even if I did get it, I wouldn't use it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

^^ What he said

Its more of just a bragging right if you have it.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
Absolutely nothing. When something that the majority of people can't have exists, most of that majority tends to just make a big deal out of it, usually out of ignorance. For most people, though, its the significance of the armor, and not just how it looks: why hasn't Bungie released it yet? Will they? What's it for? et cetera. My guess is that the armor will be a reward for people who get all of the "Vidmaster" achievements when they all become available. Who knows? The folks at Bungie do. But do I care? Not really.
Avatar image for deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
Member since 2004 • 4706 Posts

Invincibility, unlimited ammo, 500% damage boost, 200% running speed boost, 200% jumping height boost, aimbot.

chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts
Theres no difference, but everyone wants it just because they can't have it and it'd be good for bragging rights. My prediction is that with Halo ODST, when they release recon to the public Bungie will make more armor exclusive to them and recon armor will be forgotten. The desire for it is all the cause of it being an unattainable item =(
bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
Yeah, now that it will be for everyone with ODST, maybe they'll start giving out the flaming helmets as rewards to people.
TonyR575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TonyR575
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
Absolutely nothing. When something that the majority of people can't have exists, most of that majority tends to just make a big deal out of it, usually out of ignorance. For most people, though, its the significance of the armor, and not just how it looks: why hasn't Bungie released it yet? Will they? What's it for? et cetera. My guess is that the armor will be a reward for people who get all of the "Vidmaster" achievements when they all become available. Who knows? The folks at Bungie do. But do I care? Not really.atm0073
I'm pretty sure what you just said about the vidmaster achievements is true i even think Bungie confirmed it.
fudgiebrown1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fudgiebrown1
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

Invincibility, unlimited ammo, 500% damage boost, 200% running speed boost, 200% jumping height boost, aimbot.

xerxes5678

LMAO hahaha

PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts

[QUOTE="atm0073"]Absolutely nothing. When something that the majority of people can't have exists, most of that majority tends to just make a big deal out of it, usually out of ignorance. For most people, though, its the significance of the armor, and not just how it looks: why hasn't Bungie released it yet? Will they? What's it for? et cetera. My guess is that the armor will be a reward for people who get all of the "Vidmaster" achievements when they all become available. Who knows? The folks at Bungie do. But do I care? Not really.TonyR575
I'm pretty sure what you just said about the vidmaster achievements is true i even think Bungie confirmed it.

This is true. If you get all 4 vidmaster challenges (the 4th you can't get till ODST comes out) you will get rewarded with Recon armor. It's so popular cause its very rare and hard to obtain like everyone else said. Plus, it's sweet looking.

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
personaly, i don't think recon even looks cool. there are so many better ones. and in general, i could care less about armor.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Almost no one has it, that's the only reason.
FireRaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FireRaiser
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
Basically, it's just a status symbol
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tnargus
Member since 2008 • 475 Posts

xerxes5678
What he said.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

this is really stupid.... what is the one thing u all ways wanted but u could never get or theres a low change of geting it? this is just like that. ok thats how every living creatuer is like and specialy humens as we are spoiliod with tech all around us.

you ever wanted live in the white house? mostlikly yes but you know there is to0 low of a chance u will ever get to but people still chase after that chance too thats just exsample. very small people every lived there soo you want it.

here let me put it more simple maby. you go to FRIDAYS and there pretty welthy guy seting next to you and he orders the 40 buck steak but u dont have that type of money so you stuck with the 10 buck steak thats the same thing same oz. even though you know this you still want that 40 buck one because of it's vaule.

soooo 40 dollar steak is just like the recon armour because it's vaule is higher (less people have higher the vaule(supply and dqmend ) ring the bell any?

tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tnargus
Member since 2008 • 475 Posts

this is really stupid.... what is the one thing u all ways wanted but u could never get or theres a low change of geting it? this is just like that. ok thats how every living creatuer is like and specialy humens as we are spoiliod with tech all around us.

you ever wanted live in the white house? mostlikly yes but you know there is to0 low of a chance u will ever get to but people still chase after that chance too thats just exsample. very small people every lived there soo you want it.

here let me put it more simple maby. you go to FRIDAYS and there pretty welthy guy seting next to you and he orders the 40 buck steak but u dont have that type of money so you stuck with the 10 buck steak thats the same thing same oz. even though you know this you still want that 40 buck one because of it's vaule.

soooo 40 dollar steak is just like the recon armour because it's vaule is higher (less people have higher the vaule(supply and dqmend ) ring the bell any?

k2theswiss
welshykyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 welshykyle
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

k2theswiss

I think you would benefit from an education.

WhatIfWF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WhatIfWF
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I laugh at all of you guys that say we will never get recon armor because when Halo:ODST comes out if you defeat the campaign you will get recon, so if you want it wait till September 22.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

after ODST, all people would have recon but after that all want the flaming but its for bungie emplyees only.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="TonyR575"][QUOTE="atm0073"]Absolutely nothing. When something that the majority of people can't have exists, most of that majority tends to just make a big deal out of it, usually out of ignorance. For most people, though, its the significance of the armor, and not just how it looks: why hasn't Bungie released it yet? Will they? What's it for? et cetera. My guess is that the armor will be a reward for people who get all of the "Vidmaster" achievements when they all become available. Who knows? The folks at Bungie do. But do I care? Not really.PS2Dude89

This is true. If you get all 4 vidmaster challenges (the 4th you can't get till ODST comes out) you will get rewarded with Recon armor. It's so popular cause its very rare and hard to obtain like everyone else said. Plus, it's sweet looking.

theres 7 vidmaster achievements, 3 are in ODST
GodLikeLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 GodLikeLee
Member since 2004 • 474 Posts

Nothing ! just like everything else people want what they cant have ! that armor doesn't even look good .

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chaoscougar1
i think the recon helmet looks the best personally :P hyab isnt too bad but as soon as everyone found out you could get it, thats all i saw for so many games. but i currently use ODST because i prefer the look against the rest
BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts

k2theswiss
....did you just compare a video game to a steak dinner???? $40 steak at Fridays?...pppfft!
Avatar image for XxOskarxXTBXx51
XxOskarxXTBXx51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 XxOskarxXTBXx51
Member since 2010 • 151 Posts

Nothing, it doesn't even affect gameplay, noobs only babble about getting it because Bungie wears it.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chaoscougar1

Nothing, it doesn't even affect gameplay, noobs only babble about getting it because Bungie wears it.

XxOskarxXTBXx51
this thread is from 2009, please try and refrain from bumping old threads :)