Live Laggy with new router

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pandaman37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 pandaman37
Member since 2006 • 1132 Posts
I just bought a brand new router, the D-Link Xtreme N Gigabyt Router, but now my xbox live connection seems to be laggy. My old microsoft router was doing bad and kept disconnecting my computers so i bought this new one. My computers speeds are now 3 times faster, but the xbox seems to be suffering from more lag now... what could be the problem? when testing connection there are no errors, but i seem to always get 1 bar... help?
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
Are you using a wired or wireless connection? Since you said "1 bar" I'm gonna assume wireless. Make sure that: 1. Your wireless network is setup correctly. 2. Check what wireless mode you're running.
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
If its hard wire (ethernet Cable) then if the wire is really long.. that could be it, mine is like that now.. I'm gonna be getting that 100 dollar wireless adaptor.. I have heard those things are AWESOME
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dredg11
If its hard wire (ethernet Cable) then if the wire is really long.. that could be it, mine is like that now.. I'm gonna be getting that 100 dollar wireless adaptor.. I have heard those things are AWESOMETrogeton
Wired is always gonna be better than wireless for the 360.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Trogeton"]If its hard wire (ethernet Cable) then if the wire is really long.. that could be it, mine is like that now.. I'm gonna be getting that 100 dollar wireless adaptor.. I have heard those things are AWESOMEDredg11

That's not true, just a common myth

As long as you have a correctly installed and tuned wireless connection it's the same quality as a wired connection

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dredg11

[QUOTE="Dredg11"][QUOTE="Trogeton"]If its hard wire (ethernet Cable) then if the wire is really long.. that could be it, mine is like that now.. I'm gonna be getting that 100 dollar wireless adaptor.. I have heard those things are AWESOMEJaysonguy

That's not true, just a common myth

As long as you have a correctly installed and tuned wireless connection it's the same quality as a wired connection

I'm pretty sure the wireless maxes out at 54Mbps, while wired is 100Mbps. I could be wrong though...