Problems with my xbox live connection!!!! Need help!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pizabloMOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pizabloMOB
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Okay here's the deal...The main pc is downstairs..The modem is connected to a linksys router....The pc that I use is upstairs. Its a desktop with a wireless card in it, so I get my internet connection through the router which is downstairs. WELL...my 360 is about 10 ft away from my computer...iVe got a crossover cable connecting my pc to my xbox. I did this with the hopes that I could sign onto xbox live using the wireless internet connection from my computer...and it worked! There were a few problems getting it started, but so far I have successfully signed onto xbox live 3 or 4 times using the connection from my pc....

Here's the problem though, when I turn my xbox off, I come back later thinking i can just sign onto xbox live again, right? Wrong...It wont sign back in anymore. Ive tried restarting the modem, unplugging the ethernet cable from the xbox and then reconnecting it and i dont know what to do. Also, not only will it not sign into xbox live anymore, when i turn my xbox on, it disconnects me from the internet entirely. At first I thought well maybe i cant have both running at the same time so i tried signing into live and it wouldnt, no connection. Which didnt make sense anyway because i was on xbox live earlier and i had aim running on my computer at the same time, so i know its not that.

Sooooo, thats where Im at. Ive successfully logged onto xbox live 3 times with this connection, and now whenever i turn my xbox on it disconnects me from the internet on my computer. When I turn the xbox off, WHAT DO YOU KNOW? THE INTERNET IS BACK ON, ON MY PC.

I know most of you are thinking that all this is completely unneccessary and youre going to tell me to just plug the xbox into the modem like a normal person, and youre right, if I could use a land line it would save me so much hassle and i wouldnt be frustrated as i am, but its not an option. I HAVE to connect wirelessly, and I really dont want to spend any money on a 360 wireless adapter. I am almost to the point that I am going to blow the 100 bucks for it, but if anyone knows what is wrong please comment and give me an insight as to what is wrong I would be so freaking relieved.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

I know this wont be very useful to you but i seriously doubt you'l fiind many people who have done that to connect to live most would take the simple option and connect wirelessly or via ethernet so you might not find help here, you'll be better off just connecting it the usual way

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Just use your ethernet cable instead, and enable Internet Connection Sharing on your wireless connection on your PC.