Wii keeps ejecting disk...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DriftRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DriftRS
Member since 2004 • 3491 Posts

Anyone know why this happens? It's been getting rather annoying, lately it's been doing it every 20min or so. I've read about it happening to people where they put the disc in, and then it ejects it right away, but for me, it happily plays for a while, then at a random point in time it ejects it. I've never opened my Wii up, though a friend let it fall once...

Anyone got any ideas?

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts
Call Nintendo.
manocanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 manocanada
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts
duck tape the opening slot when playing the game. :)
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

Call Nintendo.zaku101

I agree. You need to contact Nintendo and see what can be done to solve the problem.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#5 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

its 90 somthing dollars if your out of warantee i called about my wii broken ,, asked how much to fix it, they said 80-90 somthing ish dollars, so expect that ,

but ya call nintendo , better then paying 250 , for a new one, if you can even find a new one,

cm6780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 cm6780
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I know this is an old post, but if anyone comes across this thread, like I did, I'd like to pass on a possible solution. I simply formatted the system memory from within the Wii settings. Be aware that even after I powered on, after the format, it still spit the disc out, but once I went through the system setup, i put the disc in, and it's now keeping my discs in the system and reading/running them just fine.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I know this is an old post, but if anyone comes across this thread, like I did, I'd like to pass on a possible solution. I simply formatted the system memory from within the Wii settings. Be aware that even after I powered on, after the format, it still spit the disc out, but once I went through the system setup, i put the disc in, and it's now keeping my discs in the system and reading/running them just fine.cm6780

Your comment is appreciated, but don't bump old threads, just start a new one :)