This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PrinceofSarcasm
PrinceofSarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PrinceofSarcasm
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts
Give me something else :( all I ever hear about this gen is fps there amazing :o :( graphics
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
I agree. I was browsing for new games in the shops today and there's a glut of FPS on the shelves. Give me more great games that don't involve killing everyone and everything, please.
DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts
I agree it's just starting to get redicoulous and over saturated. I just think Develpers are being stupid now.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Were there really that many FPS games this year? Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, CoD: W@W and maybe Fallout 3, yeah, but it was pretty balanced between first- & third-person.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
Hell Yeah!! Gears 2, R2, L4d, Cod-Waw, I have OD'd on shooters. I've started playing PSN and XBLA games just to escape.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#6 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
Were there really that many FPS games this year? Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, CoD: W@W and maybe Fallout 3, yeah, but it was pretty balanced between first- & third-person.Cherokee_Jack
Fallout 3 is an RPG with a first person perspective
DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DazedDarkness
Hell Yeah!! Gears 2, R2, L4d, Cod-Waw, I have OD'd on shooters. I've started playing PSN and XBLA games just to escape.bez2083
Gears isn't an FPS.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Were there really that many FPS games this year? Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, CoD: W@W and maybe Fallout 3, yeah, but it was pretty balanced between first- & third-person.dgsag

I know. I'm just saying it's in first-person.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cole-Protocal
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts

make them not the most popular genre in current gaming and then well talk.

you could always not buy them......lol just a thought.

Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zweihand
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts

I'd love to see an end to mindless WW2 FPS games.

I'd also love to see classic 2D scrolling shooters make a comeback in the US, like Gradius and Dodonpachi. Too bad that'll never happen either.

EDIT: Oh, while we're at it: Shenmue 3, Metroid Dread, and a GOOD Sonic game would be nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

[QUOTE="bez2083"]Hell Yeah!! Gears 2, R2, L4d, Cod-Waw, I have OD'd on shooters. I've started playing PSN and XBLA games just to escape.DazedDarkness
Gears isn't an FPS.

The thread said FPS, but since I added Gears, I referred to them all as SHOOTERS, as I am well aware that Gears is a 3rd person SHOOTER. Is that okay with you?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cherokee_Jack

I'd love to see an end to mindless WW2 FPS games.Zweihand

You already got your wish. WWII shooters pretty much died about 3 years ago.

DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DazedDarkness

[QUOTE="DazedDarkness"][QUOTE="bez2083"]Hell Yeah!! Gears 2, R2, L4d, Cod-Waw, I have OD'd on shooters. I've started playing PSN and XBLA games just to escape.bez2083

Gears isn't an FPS.

The thread said FPS, but since I added Gears, I referred to them all as SHOOTERS, as I am well aware that Gears is a 3rd person SHOOTER. Is that okay with you?

There's not that many 3rd Person Shooters out now.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Were there really that many FPS games this year? Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, CoD: W@W and maybe Fallout 3, yeah, but it was pretty balanced between first- & third-person.dgsag

Even then, the guns look so shocking in First Person that I rely on the 3rd person camera.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
Funny, Dead Space, GTA4, MGS4... all AAA games, none of which are FPSs.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Stop being willfully blind and open your eyes to see the incredible variety of quality games to choose from in this generation.
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts
Give me something else :( all I ever hear about this gen is fps there amazing :o :( graphicsPrinceofSarcasm
And while you say that, everyone doesn't buy Banjo Kazooie, Mirror's Edge, or some other game because they ironically play shooters, or make up some fact like "IT"S NOT CLASSIC BANJO" To justify not buying it over some other shooter.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about. Looking back at the games I played this year there were a lot of variety of games that weren't fps.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#19 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
There's a ****load of non-FPS games that are on the market that are amazing! Quit complaining. Plus, an FPS has never won GOTY here, aside from Serious Sam, I believe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Funny, Dead Space, GTA4, MGS4... all AAA games, none of which are FPSs.Wasdie
Plus Little Big Planet, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, No More Heroes, Gears of War 2, The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy IV DS, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Patapon, Burnout Paradise, Sins of a Solar Empire, NHL 2009, and a ****load more games just this year got AAA. Nobody should be complaining. Not at all.
Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts

There are plenty of good games that came out this year that don't involve any shooting (Or not a main focus of the game), you just have to look.

Braid, Civilization Revolution, Banjo Kazooie N&B, Fable II, Rock Band 2, Viva Pinata:TiP, Castle Crashers, Soulcalibur IV, Prince of Persia, Guitar Hero World Tour, Ninja Gaiden II, Devil May Cry 4, LittleBigPlanet, Echochrome, Super Smash Bros Brawl, World of Goo, Okami, No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii, and a slew of sports and racing games.

Have you really played all these games and are still unpleased? There are also games that have shooting but are not considered a shooter (Fallout 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4)

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts
Fallout 3 was more a FPS experience than a damn RPG. I killed more thing with the sniper and the flame thrower than anything else.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

FPS fans have to understand when people say we have gotten way too many FPS games, we don't mean JUST games in first person with guns and missions. We mean third person games as well, we mean games where you blast or slice any thing and everything in your path be it for missions or RPG reasons, we mean games with sci-fi post apocolyptic settings or modern or WW2 warfare, we mean brown green and grey games.

We mean everthing from R2, to gears2, to MGS4, to Fallout3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

FPS fans have to understand when people say we have gotten way too many FPS games, we don't mean JUST games in first person with guns and missions. We mean third person games as well, we mean games where you blast or slice any thing and everything in your path be it for missions or RPG reasons, we mean games with sci-fi post apocolyptic settings or modern or WW2 warfare, we mean brown green and grey games.

We mean everthing from R2, to gears2, to MGS4, to Fallout3

'Kay, there's still bucketloads more games to choose from. There's probably more good games without shooting in them than there are people who still really think there might be a good 3D Sonic game some day.
PrinceofSarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PrinceofSarcasm

Stop being willfully blind and open your eyes to see the incredible variety of quality games to choose from in this generation.foxhound_fox

WHERE ?

PrinceofSarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PrinceofSarcasm
another prob is beacuse fps like halo did so well all developers want a piece of the pie so were left withe too many this gen some like halo, alot like haze.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
Im always down for a new FPS.
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
NO MORE *GENRE I DON'T PARTICULARLY CARE FOR*
fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
Were there really that many FPS games this year? Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, CoD: W@W and maybe Fallout 3, yeah, but it was pretty balanced between first- & third-person.Cherokee_Jack
Oh, because the difference is huge... Like just massive. You still run around with a gun shooting stuff and most people are sick of it. Consoles should return to their original roots, of non-shooters. PC's are better at them. And always will be.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
WHERE ? PrinceofSarcasm

Open your eyes and look. I shouldn't have to help you find everything that is in plain sight.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Stop being willfully blind and open your eyes to see the incredible variety of quality games to choose from in this generation.PrinceofSarcasm

WHERE ?

In the posts above you?
fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Stop being willfully blind and open your eyes to see the incredible variety of quality games to choose from in this generation.PrinceofSarcasm

WHERE ?

Well there is... Ummm... Mirror's edge. No wait, that had guns. Ummmm :( Help me out here
Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts

WHERE ?

Did you just ignore my post?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="PrinceofSarcasm"]

WHERE ?

fluxorator

Well there is... Ummm... Mirror's edge. No wait, that had guns. Ummmm :( Help me out here

Here you go:

There are plenty of good games that came out this year that don't involve any shooting (Or not a main focus of the game), you just have to look.

Braid, Civilization Revolution, Banjo Kazooie N&B, Fable II, Rock Band 2, Viva Pinata:TiP, Castle Crashers, Soulcalibur IV, Prince of Persia, Guitar Hero World Tour, Ninja Gaiden II, Devil May Cry 4, LittleBigPlanet, Echochrome, Super Smash Bros Brawl, World of Goo, Okami, No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii, and a slew of sports and racing games.

Have you really played all these games and are still unpleased? There are also games that have shooting but are not considered a shooter (Fallout 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4)

Ross_the_B0SS
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
There are games that aren't shooters, but the disturbing trend of games these days, particularly on the 360/PS3, is that the only games that are selling are games that are shooters or have shooter elements. Why are games like Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 selling like hot cakes while Banjo: Nuts and Bolts aren't?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cherokee_Jack
There are games that aren't shooters, but the disturbing trend of games these days, particularly on the 360/PS3, is that the only games that are selling are games that are shooters or have shooter elements. Why are games like Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 selling like hot cakes while Banjo: Nuts and Bolts aren't?hiphops_savior
Because they're popular right now and platformers aren't. This FPS trend (which I actually think is just about behind us now) is just like other gaming trends in the past, like the fighting game craze after SF II. It's just the industry taking its natural course.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]There are games that aren't shooters, but the disturbing trend of games these days, particularly on the 360/PS3, is that the only games that are selling are games that are shooters or have shooter elements. Why are games like Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 selling like hot cakes while Banjo: Nuts and Bolts aren't?Cherokee_Jack
Because they're popular right now and platformers aren't. This FPS trend (which I actually think is just about behind us now) is just like other gaming trends in the past, like the fighting game craze after SF II. It's just the industry taking its natural course.

It's going to be WRPGs next, I tell you. The original XBox was the first console to really have WRPGs on it (or am I wrong?), and they have been appearing more and more on consoles this generation.