Call of Duty WaW crashing and Startup.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#1 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts

So I know I can run this game and I just can't get it to run at the startup. It crashes back to my desktop. I have Windows XP Media Center Edition so I can't fix the sound (as far as I know) like you need to do for Vista. I've downloaded the 1.1 patch and that didn't work. What can I do? I've been searching for a solution for a few days now. Can someone help?

Thanks

DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#2 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts
Plz Help.
Vstar12005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Vstar12005
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I thought it was just me. So far I haven't found any help.
chopperdoc11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chopperdoc11
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I can make it to the end of the Pelieui Island part...then lock up or CTD....

New drivers didn't help

reducing resolution didn't help

E6600@2.7

4gb DDR800

8800GTS

700w PS

????

baja94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 baja94
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Has to be the game as the previous COD modern warfare worked fine for me with no crashes at all. I have the same problem with the crash to reboot. I cannot make it past first mission. I have the Nvidia 280 card and 3 gig of memory on an XP system. Changed to 1000 watt power supply with no difference. The update has no effect nor does playing it in safe mode.
Avatar image for LS-JoeTheKiller
LS-JoeTheKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LS-JoeTheKiller

I also have this problem, it was first that i couldent start the game up att all, then i got that working some how, but now it keeps on crashing in game. And when i try to play on multiplayer it either joins up and lets me on for five seconds ans crashes or doesnt even finish loading and crashes.

Could anybody help. I only just got this for christmas and its rely starting to get on my nerves. im thinking of reinstalling windows

2old2growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 2old2growup

I don't think it'll solve all the bug issues you may have but my startup tip helped me to skip startup problems.

Go to COD5 icon, right click, select properties, select shortcut tab, select target, arrow key to end of quotes, add a space then type nostartup, then apply.

It should then read "C:\Program files\Activision\Call of Duty-World at War\WaWmp.exe" nostartup

You will then skip the lameass intro movie and jump straight to game select screen, hope it works.

crazycodyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crazycodyo
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
For windows Xp got to my computer and view system info from the left pane. then go to the hardware tab and open the device manager. Then go to Sound, video and game controllers and disable unimodem Full-Duplex Audio device and it will run flawlessly... Cody O
wantedsponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wantedsponge
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
its the stupidest thing ever i've had the game for a few months now, and it has always worked just fine then for a few days i stop playing it, and when i start playing online multiplayer again the sound does not work so i tried to reinstall it and when i try playing solo/co-op it looks like its loading for a few seconds (the call of duty logo goes up, and then the screen goes black, changes back to the desktop to change the screen resolution... which is all normal) and then it crashes and just goes back to my regular desktop and no message pops up and when i try to play multiplayer it looks like its loading, and then it crashes and a box pops up and says "unhandled error caught" i've tried to reinstall it many times... in fact its installing right now PLEASE HELP
wantedsponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wantedsponge
thanks so much cody your brilliant!!! it worked perfectly :) thanks a bunch mate
bogggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bogggz
CRASHING!!!!!.......On Windows7 7600 build 64bit With 775 watt PS ,9600 GSO gfx, 4G RAM.......It worked fine for the first week then started crashing here n there, But now it just crashes n crashes .."Ingame" .."Menu" you name it it crashes on....I was thinkg it could be the patches.. but im sure its just my comp...P.S. im not a computer noob so i have tried a few things here and there... but if anyone can help me out that would be great!!!...thnx
bogggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bogggz
TO ALL THOSE WHO KEEP CRASHING!!!!....TRY MOVING ALL YOU KEYBOARD KEY CONFIG A FEW SPACES OVER IN THE CONTROLS OPTIONS I THINK IT COULD BE THE SHIFT KEY CONFLICTING WITH OTHERS LIKE A_S_W_SHIFT_CTRL_ALT_......MOVE THOSE TO OTHER KEYS!!!!!!....HOPE THAT WORKS
stbernard0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stbernard0
Hi Cody 0, you seem quite smart, hope you can help me . I only had COD WAW a few weeks and have a few probs. System is Pentium 4 3GHz, 1GB memory, GeForce 9800 1GB video, 405 W PSU. Sometimes game loads ok but during the loading screen with with animation film, the pictures are ok but sound jumps like a stuck record and sometimes the level loads sometimes it doesn't. When it loads it seems to play ok (but sometimes does slow down and then crash). I put up with keep reloading to get through the game, but now one level will just not load and crashes everytime, (not sure what level is called but it's the Soviet one in Berlin, done the one where you push through the asylum and Nazi's run off down street) In fact done this many times as every time I start up again I have to do the end of this level again before I can try to load the next, where everytime it crashes! Hope you can give me some help cos I'm gettin' well p**sed off with it now. Cheers, stbernard0
skobersy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skobersy
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
hi, i am a noob to computers but have cod waw for pc and i have a 13 macbook pro NVIDA 360M and a 2.4 ghz processor intel core duo. my question is can i play cod on windows bootcamp xp if so why is it crashing??? at the startup please help
Vaultboy-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Vaultboy-101
Member since 2009 • 1778 Posts

I also have a similar problem. I have installed the game a few times now in an attempt to make it work but it always crashes on sartup, no menu shows up or anything just a black screen before it crashes to desktop. Usually when I reinstall it it will come up with some kind of error, such as DirectX did not install properly please install it again or C:Users\CODYEV~1\AppData\Local\Temp\~gs6734,tmp. I don't understand what the problem is, the same disc worked fine on my friends PC. I have also installed patch 1.1 but that didn't make any difference. Any help will be appreciated.

Here are my system specs if it helps:

ATI Radeon HD 5970

i7 960 processor

windows 7 64-bit

6GB RAM

1TB HDD

X58 G1 Sniper gaming motherboard

HAF-X case

DANO555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DANO555
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Problem: CoD Waw for some reason does not support emulated audio. Solution: 1. Type in "regedit" in search or run (depending on what version of windows you have) 2. Search (Ctrl+F) for "Device Presence" 3. Find Emulated Audio (or some variation of that) 4. Change that value to 0 If you have a mac: Quit using the devil's computers and buy a f**king PC damn it. No wonder why you're having problems; their computers are ass backwards. Moving on! The ultimate patch may also help. But do that last because its about 3.54GB. http://www.fileplanet.com/202406/200000/fileinfo/Call-of-Duty:-World-at-War---Ultimate-Patch-v1.7
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
OFF-TOPIC: My MW3 crashes every 10-15min (to desktop) on MP. SP ran perfect. Any ideas?
dylan4134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dylan4134
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I get to solo but then it freezes and crashes saying it has stop working. I don't get it can some one help me.