Crysis Warhead Crash

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xbox122501
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts
I can't play for longer than 10 min without the game crashing i just downloaded the new 8.9 Catalyist Drivers. Sometimes the game freezes at the beginning of start up at the EA logo. There are no patches for this game and Crysis wars does the same thing. I can play Original crysis for hours on end without problems. Anyone have a fix for this?
xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xbox122501
It also was a problem on the 8.8 Drivers as well.
bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bungie93
Member since 2008 • 2445 Posts
Crysis kept crashing for me and it turns out that my video ram was overheating. Trying increasing the fan speed on your card or underclocking the memory. Whatever you do, don't overclock the memory, even by just a little.
xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xbox122501
Heat is not the issue, my CPU runs at 41C in game, video card at 55C in game, and like i said i can play Crysis for hour on end without problems, Crysis WARHEAD and Crysis WARS crashes constantly. My fan speed is at a Constant 50% manual override to keep the cards cool. Thanks for the imput tho.
BATBGE2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BATBGE2007
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hi there!

Can someone pleeeease tell me why I get the message" Warning Unknown command net_pb_cl_enable false" when i try to start the f'''' game. This error I found in Game log, when I start the game the monitor goes black and back to windows???

I downloaded the game yesterday from MediaNow and installed it smoothly but the darn thing won't start as I said??

First Crysis worked just fine, no problems ever, but this.....not good start.

Spec:

Asus P5N32 SLI Plus, E8400 (3.4GHz), 4GB Corsair SLI memory, 8800GT SLI (no OC) and Vista Ultimate 64-bit, PSU 750W Corsair

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bungie93

Hi there!

Can someone pleeeease tell me why I get the message" Warning Unknown command net_pb_cl_enable false" when i try to start the f'''' game. This error I found in Game log, when I start the game the monitor goes black and back to windows???

I downloaded the game yesterday from MediaNow and installed it smoothly but the darn thing won't start as I said??

First Crysis worked just fine, no problems ever, but this.....not good start.

Spec:

Asus P5N32 SLI Plus, E8400 (3.4GHz), 4GB Corsair SLI memory, 8800GT SLI (no OC) and Vista Ultimate 64-bit, PSU 750W Corsair

BATBGE2007

It sounds like a punkbuster issue. I would retry reinstalling punkbuster or updating it.

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bungie93

Heat is not the issue, my CPU runs at 41C in game, video card at 55C in game, and like i said i can play Crysis for hour on end without problems, Crysis WARHEAD and Crysis WARS crashes constantly. My fan speed is at a Constant 50% manual override to keep the cards cool. Thanks for the imput tho.xbox122501

On most cards (especially the 4800 series), the memory runs much hotter than the GPU. You need a program like GPU-z to monitor your vram temperatures.

My advice would be to set everything to stock speeds and try playing, that was how I figured out what was the problem.

PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 PS2_PC_FAN
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
inno what ur guys problem is, but i just got ma new 4870 a month ago and i play warhead with lastest drivers no problem.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

inno what ur guys problem is, but i just got ma new 4870 a month ago and i play warhead with lastest drivers no problem.PS2_PC_FAN

I had the same problem when I got the game as well, I just had to update everything on my pc and now everything runs fine and I am able to run it max out with no problems.

BATBGE2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BATBGE2007

I updated everything, punkbuster and drivers and all, and reintalled the game.......SAME PROBLEM...just goes black and back to windows......s'''!?

I've installed so many game but this problem sucks.....I can't play the game I for ones bought....hahaha!

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

I can't play for longer than 10 min without the game crashing i just downloaded the new 8.9 Catalyist Drivers. Sometimes the game freezes at the beginning of start up at the EA logo. There are no patches for this game and Crysis wars does the same thing. I can play Original crysis for hours on end without problems. Anyone have a fix for this?xbox122501

try disable CF or pull one card out. Despite what Crytek has been promising and few gamers' personal endorsment, Crysis games don't seem to be dual/multiple GPU friendly.

if the problem persists and also happens to single card setup...then maybe it's the ATI/AMD driver issue (since I don't see such reports from gamers with nvidia line of cards). if it's ture, they need to write a new driver for Warhead.

xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xbox122501
OK. I disabled CF and i get the same FPS in game, which is good, and while loading the game doesnt black out at the end of the loading screen, which is good. I can play for about an hour or so but then the game crashes and says crysis.exe has encountered a problem. I can play a little longer but the problem is still there......WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!?!
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

OK. I disabled CF and ... I can play a little longer but the problem is still there......WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!?!xbox122501

the kind of proiblem is different though. anyway, you can try pull the secondary card out, not just disabling CF.

if the problem persists, it most likely is the driver issue. or mayve it's time for you to clean up your system a bit.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Sorry to hear your having problems with such a good game man. Havnt had any problems yet over here, hope ya get it working man
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
I've had several crashes when quicksaving or when a checkpoint saves. This is the same exact issue The Witcher originally had. But aside from that, I found the game exceptional.
xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xbox122501
Thank you, guy! im not the only one, it mainly crashes at save points or if i do a quick save like 3 times....
Avatar image for deactivated-63c0d17a37cac
deactivated-63c0d17a37cac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-63c0d17a37cac
Member since 2003 • 69 Posts
I can understand that overclocking could be the cause of YOUR crashing, but I'm using an 8800GT with stock (even underclocked) speeds and still getting stupid crashing. Glad your problems fixed, but don't assume its everyones problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63c0d17a37cac
If you havn't had any problems, then why are you even reading a forum about crashing in the game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-63c0d17a37cac

You guys are not alone

8800GT, Dual Core 2.8 Ghz, 4GB 667Ram, NForce 610i MB. Fan settings set up in riva tuner. Have it set to underclock if it even goes over 85 degrees C.

I'm still getting random crashes and often its at or near save points. The first Ice level in DX10, if I even looked at the sky my FPS dropped to 2-10 from ~30. Ran smooth in DX9 under same settings, and no dip looking at sky. I got a few crashes on the train level also (once when it comes to first stop and saves). Very aggrevating to be running on such mainstreem equipment and getting such issues. Its not as if i'm running rare sound card, or odd model of graphics card or something. I close my Vista sidebar, and any programs in background thats possible. My performance is fine, right up to the crash. Crashing is sometimes blamed on Cryengine.dll, Cryphysics.dll, and other DLL's as well in the crash log.

This is completely rediculous to happen if the game was properly tested on mainstreem parts.

BATBGE2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BATBGE2007

I think it is this Ztorm downloader and installer from MediaNow that causses my start problem. I have the feeling that it doesn't install the program right. I'v contacted them and they asked me to look if the patches for original Crysis can help....duhh!

I have first Crysis installed allredy and all the updates so now I asked them if I could get a disc instead of a digital copy.

I'll get back to you as soon as I find out what it is...oh! It was not the punkbuster that someone suggested..to bad, thanks anyway!

And by the way...CRYSIS work like a sharm, all on very high and I get 40-50 fps. never any problem!?

xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xbox122501
my video cards are at stock speeds, only the fan speed is tweaked. like i said i have no problems like this on the originals crysis
BATBGE2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BATBGE2007

:cry:ooohhh my holey computer what I hate this game!!!!!!!

Just reinstalled everything, Vista+drivers and all updates and it's still the same..........uuhh.....what to do, what to do, what to do????

Yes, I can sell the bl'''' thing and go out in the rain and beat the hell out car!

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Anyone have any idea why my steam version won't launch? It get stuck saying updating when I launch the game an it might get to 6% then goes back to zero or says ready. nothing on the steam forums makes any difference
xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xbox122501
I am really surprise how useless those last two posts were. if you have problems other than the crash of crysis warhead then please make your own posts. if you have a solution to my problem then please, post away. otherwise, **** OFF!
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#25 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

agreed . . .

so anyway, im getting same problems as u guys, crashing every 10 mins or so, can play original crysis on end too.

i suspect the crysystem.dll is corrupt coz i read the error log and crysystem.dll is mentioned, although the crash is an app crash

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mhofever
oh and dont try and download crysystem.dll, that one is only the crysis original, crytek hasnt released the warhead one, but hopefully they will if it is the cause of the crashes in warhead
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Good news related to the saving crash problem. I used the same Vista fix that the Witcher needed. I replayed the game without any crashes. As opposed to my first time without the fix, where the game crashed about 1 out of 4 saves or checkpoints. Although this fix does cause some brief slowdowns, especially right after loading. But it's minor and temporary.

Here's a link to the Witcher Vista fix that also works with Warhead. Again, specifically for preventing constant crashing while saving. And this issue is primarily related to 768mb video cards. http://alfred.co.in/how-to/witcher-vista-crash-fix-how-to/

After apply the fix, your pc must be restarted to take effect before starting the game.

xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xbox122501
thanks for your prompt on topic posts, but i am using xp, and the game does not only crash during saving. it will crash randomly during gameply and without warning. i have checked my temps in game and my graphis cards dont get higher than 60C and processor no higher than 42C. I have looked in the crash logs and it is on error caused by a dll. file. maybe ill try re-installing the game again...
submicron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 submicron
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I have my doubts as to whether this is stemming from hardware issues. I play Crysis non-stop without issue and everything is crank-up to the max. In the other hand Crysis Warhead 1.0 is plague with a series of problems. For example the check point crash. What the hell is that S**t all about. Also, the graphical artifacts. I've try lots of drivers and now I just downloaded 178.13. Of course I'm using nVidia cards. I mean I can understand if you don't have AC. This game needs some serious fixing folks.
mlisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 mlisen
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
I was having a similar problem since I bought the game yesterday. Mine wouldn't even open in the first place though, and when it did, it would stay as a black screen until I turned it off. I'm fairly sure though that it's SecuRom, as I can't open Spore either and my Spore disc was stolen last week, so maybe EA thinks I'm a pirate.
Also, if anyone needs specific Crysis help, tryhttp://www.crysis-online.com/forum/.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mhofever

I just tried out that Vista fix thing, and it works like a charm. Was gonna post up the website URL here, but since someone else has done it, i guess its not necessary, but oh well, here is where i got it from http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=946793&topic=45631210

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mhofever
oh and to xbox122501, i used to get random crashes too until i downloaded the Crysis.exe and Paul.dll crack. Worked without errors. Give it a try if you still can't find any other solution.
submicron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 submicron
No one here is trying pirate anything. When games don't work the way they should we find ourselves adopting other means of resolutions. That fix works fine for Vista. How about XP. Some people are still on XP. Like me.
pachari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pachari
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
Seems most of the people having problems are on Vista...
submicron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 submicron
I'm on Xp and I'm having the same problem. So is not a Vista thing.
xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xbox122501

where is this crysis.exe and paul.dll crack located?

stopchris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 stopchris
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts
Well, I had a lot of problems with Crysis 1 and now a lot of problems with crysis warhead. Therefore, I learn from my mistakes and will never by a crytek game again. Actually, I have never liked EA or Crytek because they never seem to put anything out that works from the start. Now I know what you say, what game does right? Wrong, some have minor flaws that need correcting but EA and Crytek ship with MAJOR flaws. Anyway, same problem here extremely bad crashing. I thought it was a cpu overclock but that was proved bogus tonight. I think it is just another patch fix needing to be implimented. Oh well, 70 bucks down the drain.
Tiletron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tiletron
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts

I find this all so stupid. Games like Crysis that are supposed to run with two video cards don't, so while waiting for a patch... the BEST thing players can come up with to fix it is either a) overclock something on the machine, or b) crack it.

DX10 is **** useless. MS never should've made it if they knew this would happen.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Well, whenever I have game issues, I usually just make sure there isn't a patch to fix it, and, if there is not, I back up all of the saved games and reinstall the game. That usually tends to fix it.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts
maybe you should also update your mobo, RAM, and CPU, besides your GPU, and also another solution is to turn on the game go to the task manager, and set the prority for Crysis Warhead to high.
Ca_Kal_Oh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ca_Kal_Oh
For Vista Users: I've had the same problems with the game randomly freezing/crashing, and almost allways on auto-save spots, and at the end of the loading screen, and i found a solution. The thing i did was update Vista by installing Servise Pack 1, and it fixed the crashings completely, quick saves, auto saves, loadings, everything worked,... BUT, the framerates have dropped to a rather unplayable levels, so now im quite frustrated and really dont know wich one is better: play the game 10 mins max with excellent framerates, or play the game as long as i want with a disasterous framerates. Right now im re-installing the game and i will see wether it helped or not, and i will update you ASAP.
Paoksis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Paoksis
Member since 2006 • 589 Posts

what my problem is,is that the game brings some artifacts on screen some times,which is really annoying,but the most annoying is that it crashes about 90% at checkpoints or when i save.....in contrast to the first crysis which didnt have any problem,except that it crashed every 30-60 mins,but thats not so serious for me

if some1 could help me on how to avoid crashin on saving and vanish also the artifacts i would be grateful....

my system specs are, intel core 2 duo 3.13 GH 1333Mh,2 GB kingston ram around 1000Mhz,Leadtek 8800GTX 768MB....help pliz

PS:i reduced settings and stuff....but crashing seems to persist,undependent on the settings...as for the artifacts havent seen them again so far..but havent played more than 10 mins before crashing...so i cant tell u if they really vanished:P

whiteboard91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 whiteboard91
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts

For everyone whose game crashes after every 3 (or thereabouts) saves, here is the fix:

http://alfred.co.in/how-to/witcher-vista-crash-fix-how-to/

Yes it says it's for "The Witcher", but this fix also applies to Crysis Warhead on Windows 32-bit OS's. I'm not sure if it will work if you are having the crashing problem on XP or 64-bit OS's but I believe the crashes are on VIsta 32-bit only. This fix worked for me when I was using Vista 32-bit. Also, it says at the end of that article "I recommend that you set the value back to 2048MB after you are done playing the game." but I did not bother with that and everything was fine - my guess is that it is only a step to make absolutely sure that your computer does not crash when not playing the game.

~Nick

PSYCHOTEROR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PSYCHOTEROR
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I not speak english.. I did have this same problem -black screen and only red cursor, i reinstall this game 6x and problem was always i did thing that in log was anythith important but no. Game must be installed in program folder, no as custom installation in other disc... Install game normal, and he is going without problems...
xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xbox122501
this is like talking to a brick wall.
iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts
xbox122501 please tell me what os system your running
xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xbox122501
windows xp professional with service pack 3
iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

Okay xbox122501 i hope these tutorials work for you

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.

Right-click Local Disk, and then click Properties.

Click the Tools tab, and then click Error-checking now

select both boxes and click scan now a message will come up click yes

restart your computer and let the task run ( note DO not push anything )

2. System File Checker

You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to be allowed to run System File Checker.

To start using SFC, go to Start > Run, and type cmd in the Open box, then click OK to open a command prompt. Here you can using the command sfc with any of the switches indicated above (most of the time you'll be using sfc /scannow (note the space after sfc).

When you start SFC, you may see the following prompt several times during the process:

System File Checker

3. Windows Memory DiagnosticTool

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

4. Update your bios

Click Start, and then click All programs

Go to the Asus folder and click asus update

if it is not there download the drivers off the Asus website

5. Update all your drivers including your gpu drivers

(note play with a lower setting and tell me if it still crashers)

also i did some research on the Internet for you some one said

1.Install the beta drivers they fixed my crash problems

2.Crashed only when I started messing with texturesteaming.

6. Update the dx9 drivers

I hope this works for you man:D tell me how you go

spykid1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 spykid1988
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi guys had the same problem and while searching I've found that the problem was an error with direct X 10, it's a vsync problem. you can force vista to use DX9 by adding -dx9 to your crysis desktop shortcut: Right click the crysis shortcut on your desktop go to properties and the in the target address add -dx9 at the end should be like this: vista 64bit "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -dx9 vista 32bit "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -dx9 and the game should run without crashing.. hope this helps...