Playstation store download times....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts

Hi evryone,

Just wondering how long it takes for you guys to download stuff from the online store, am asking because mine takes forever and i dont know whether this is normal or not? for example a trailer takes about 1 hour, demos 4-5 hours and games.........well put it this way i have left my ps3 on all night far too many times!!

Is this the same for you?

bryankei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bryankei
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts
Yes is is very slow.
liamb1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 liamb1230
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

It takes me about 1 hour to get 700mb done.

And from what ive heard the PS3 downloads much faster than the 360.

hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts
yeh i agree, it is slow, and it does take an hour for 700mb, downloaded siren blood curse for about 15 hours something ..but thats for 10gb. imagine you're buying HD video off PSN, its about that long too i supposed!
michelle341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 michelle341
Member since 2008 • 734 Posts

Hi evryone,

Just wondering how long it takes for you guys to download stuff from the online store, am asking because mine takes forever and i dont know whether this is normal or not? for example a trailer takes about 1 hour, demos 4-5 hours and games.........well put it this way i have left my ps3 on all night far too many times!!

Is this the same for you?

daftdog

it depends..small game demos like "the last guy" toke me like 15min...as for bigger games it depends on what game I'm downloading..toke me 5 hours to download the resistance demo yet toke me only 30min to download the grid demo (resistance was like 1 gb and grid was like 900mb...not such a diffrence in size considering it toke me a 4 hour diffrence)

havent downloaded any trailors yet..I consider it a waste of time and space becuase I can just watch them on youtube

ralfshoeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ralfshoeback
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yes, yery unhappy with the download times of any items from the PS Store. I am with the premium broadband program in Australia and it took still almost 24 hours to download a 5 gig game. Pretty lame for an organisation who wants us to shop there....
atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

It takes me about 1 hour to get 700mb done.

And from what ive heard the PS3 downloads much faster than the 360.

liamb1230

well you heard wrong!!! i can download 7-9gb an hour on live and 3-5gb an hour on psn and 8-10gb an hour on steam. i dont have a problem with psn download speeds overall. but i find psn to be more slower with downloading demos&movies than xbox live. but my online gameplay between live&psn to be the same and thats all that matters to me

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
if you're trying to get people to go to your site, needlessly spamming is NOT the way to go. on-topic, your speeds sound excessively slow. sure the PSN doesnt always have the best speeds, but they're a lot better than that.
Secret-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Secret-Face
Member since 2011 • 223 Posts
Depends on the speed of your connection. Downloads are usually very fast for me.
narkij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 narkij
Member since 2010 • 106 Posts

Download times depend on internet connectivity and file size.