PS3 on my dell monitor- HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

man1nb1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 man1nb1ack
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I recenlty purchased a Dell E207WFP, It's HDCP compliant and I've read reviews about this monitor, one even says it would be ''a good monitor to use with a PS3 or an Xbox" (although that particular review was writer by a consumer not the manufacturer). I bought HDMI-DVI cables but all I get is a blank screen. I've tried the ''force images'' tactic by holding the button down on the PS3 and waiting until it beeps twice and all that, i'm not sure what the problem is but many tech people i've talked to have said it's probably the cable since it's very common to buy a set a HDMI-DVI cables that are bad, one tech person actually told me he has personally taken back at least four cables to the store he purchased them from because they didn't work. I will get cables from monoprice delived in the next day or two so i'll soon find out if that was the problem or not. My question is for all those who have hooked up their PS3 to a monitor, just in case I find out my monitor doesn't work with my PS3 i'd like to know exaclty what monitors DO work, please be specific give me the name of the monitor with the model number and EXACTLY how you got it to work, and please tell me EXACTLY which cables you used to hook it up, just ''monoprice cabels'' isn't enough info please give me the link to the exact cables you used with whatever monitor. Thanks in advance guys i've asked a lot of questions here and i've never been let down yet, also, here is the link to my monitor, anybody that knows about these things that wouldn't mind taking a look here it is http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetai
l.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-5123

Ps. Even if it does work will the image be stretched or will it look ok? i've actually found posts from people who use this exact same monitor with there PS3 (suposedly) some have just simply stated that it works fine, one guy said some games look good and others like crap.

Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

hmmm. I have a 22 inch and mine works well. I just plugged my hdmi-dvi cable into the ps3 and it worked immediately. Make sure you plugged everything in all the way with your cable, especially the monitor.

>>>>>OH I KNOW I THINK. It's the button that changes screen mode on the monitor. (1st button) It has to be on DVI not Analog.

When it's working. Open the window on the monitor (2nd button). Go to image settins and set to 16:9

man1nb1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 man1nb1ack
What brand and model monitor do you have?
man1nb1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 man1nb1ack

I really really need to talk to somebody that has a monitor/PS3 setup so i'll know exaclty which monitors DO work if mine won't

hit me up on msn messenger Patt0n@hotmail (patt "zero" n)

or TheMan1nb1ack@yahoo on yahoo messenger (note: there are two 1's in that name instead of an I or an L)

Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Silverdragon17

Do you hit the button on the monitor like I asked. From the spec, the monitor is fine. I have a 22' monitor which isn't the same monitor but very similar specs. Is your monitor set on dvi?

I have a dell SP2208WFP

man1nb1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 man1nb1ack
Yes bro, I tried the ''force display'' tactic by holding down the ps3 button and waiting until it beeps two times, i have it hooked up with an HDMI-DVI cable, all that... like is said it's probably just the cable i'll know in a couple of days when i get my second cable from monoprice, anyway thanks for the model # in case my monitor doesn't end up working for whatever reason, and exactly what cable did you use to hook your up, can i have that link please?
man1nb1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 man1nb1ack
oh...and yes i made sure it was on ''digital'' mode on my monitor too.
Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silverdragon17
then the only thing i can think of is that it's your cable. The specs of the monitor should work.
man1nb1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 man1nb1ack
Thanks alot bro.. I really like that monitor, even if the cable works i think i'll buy a refurbished one i found on the dell website for like $209.. great deal.. i bought my E207wfp off of ebay, i've only had it a couple of weeks but i don't think i'll have any problem reselling it for about the same price, actually i'm already in the process of selling a proview monitor, when i found out that wouldn't work with my PS3 i bought the E207 thinking i got one that would be very good with the Ps3 but now that i've looked at yours i want that one, it even says in print in the description "can be used with PS3" and it also has 16.9 resolution which i think will be a lot better than mine which is 16:10, thanks again bro you don't know how many hours i've spent looking for a good PS3 monitor, i've went to every forum and ps3 site and monitor site i can think of, i've probably googled in ''ps3 on monitor'' so many different ways and so many times i couldn't even begin to count.