Poll: Will you buy Motion Plus?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marioman50
Member since 2004 • 2267 Posts

For those of you that don't know, MotionPlus is an accessory Nintendo is releasing next spring to improve the wii remote's motion controls for a more accurate interpretation of your arms'/wrists' movements.

I'll most likely end up buying it. From the demonstrations I've seen for the sword fighting on IGN, it seems like it's a dramatic enough improvement.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14266992/wii-sports-resort/videos/wiisports_resort_sword1_os__wmvhd.html

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14266992/wii-sports-resort/videos/wiisports_resort_sword2_os__wmvhd.html

Anyone curious about this technology might want to check out InvenSense's informational video about gyroscopes and Accelerometers:

http://www.invensense.com/support/library.html

In case your answer isn't up there, feel free to post your opinion below, what will you do?

motion plus accessory
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6194443/index.html

nunchuk capable

Amezarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Amezarak
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
if it actually makes playing the wii more fun then why not
Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Eagles931
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
Yeah im buying it. I was thinking about getting the new wii sports anyway. If it is more acurate Its worth a buy.
Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
I'll probably get it.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Yes, I'll pick it up if the Wii Sports/Motion Plus package is only $50.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

of course i want it. It will make the motion sensing work better so is it even an issue. The first thing I'll do when I get it is give wiiboxing another shot.

I hope that all wiimotes from now on come with it built in and the new attachment isn't too expensive. This product shouldn't be a money making idea. It should be viewed as a band aid that, ideally, every wii owner will get

doctores143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 doctores143
Member since 2007 • 3016 Posts
Ill get it even though I dont want to spend more money.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

"I'm not buying it until I see a game that utilizes it better than frisbee tossin"

I couldn't have said it better myself.

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
Can't answer till I know the price.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I'll post what I put on the last post about this: No. Wii peripherals are quickly talked about and quickly forgotten. If they bundle Wii Motion Plus with the new Wii units standard, and offer to send them to all current customers then I could see developers taking this serious.

But as it stands the devs won't know if the user has Wii Motion Plus or not, so they will either have to program controls for each configuration or just revert back to the standard out of box (No Motion Plus). Devs barely program for Wii's current control options... let alone double. Requiring a game to have the Motion Plus is a bad idea too. Nothing like trying to get your game to the minority of Wii owners or asking for complaints when the game doesn't work without it. Thus this is nothing more than fancy talk to make people go buy more peripherals that won't add up to anything by $20+ in Nintendos pocket. When it comes out standard, and is shipped to the current install base I'll pay attention. For now I see right though Nintendos plan and I'm not giving them money for something that will be barely utilized.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

"I'm not buying it until I see a game that utilizes it better than frisbee tossin"

Englando_IV
Sword Fighting.
lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
buying wii sports resort then an extra
marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marioman50

I'll post what I put on the last post about this: No. Wii peripherals are quickly talked about and quickly forgotten. If they bundle Wii Motion Plus with the new Wii units standard, and offer to send them to all current customers then I could see developers taking this serious.

But as it stands the devs won't know if the user has Wii Motion Plus or not, so they will either have to program controls for each configuration or just revert back to the standard out of box (No Motion Plus). Devs barely program for Wii's current control options... let alone double. Requiring a game to have the Motion Plus is a bad idea too. Nothing like trying to get your game to the minority of Wii owners or asking for complaints when the game doesn't work without it. Thus this is nothing more than fancy talk to make people go buy more peripherals that won't add up to anything by $20+ in Nintendos pocket. When it comes out standard, and is shipped to the current install base I'll pay attention. For now I see right though Nintendos plan and I'm not giving them money for something that will be barely utilized.raahsnavj

Then this news should make you just slightly more optimistic:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168880

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I plan on buying it, but I'll need to see some real support before I make up my mind for sure.
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts
I'm sure it'll become the standard when it releases, so we all kinda have to buy it.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

If they bundle Wii Motion Plus with the new Wii units standard, and offer to send them to all current customers then I could see developers taking this serious.raahsnavj

They've already said that the Wiimote with Wii MotionPlus is going to be the new Wii standard (meaning that all new Wiimotes sold will come with that).

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raahsnavj

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"]I'll post what I put on the last post about this: No. Wii peripherals are quickly talked about and quickly forgotten. If they bundle Wii Motion Plus with the new Wii units standard, and offer to send them to all current customers then I could see developers taking this serious.

But as it stands the devs won't know if the user has Wii Motion Plus or not, so they will either have to program controls for each configuration or just revert back to the standard out of box (No Motion Plus). Devs barely program for Wii's current control options... let alone double. Requiring a game to have the Motion Plus is a bad idea too. Nothing like trying to get your game to the minority of Wii owners or asking for complaints when the game doesn't work without it. Thus this is nothing more than fancy talk to make people go buy more peripherals that won't add up to anything by $20+ in Nintendos pocket. When it comes out standard, and is shipped to the current install base I'll pay attention. For now I see right though Nintendos plan and I'm not giving them money for something that will be barely utilized.marioman50

Then this news should make you just slightly more optimistic:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168880

Well, what about the other 30 million remotes people have already bought? See part of my post when I described why this is a problem for devs... Also the article says 'May'... Though GabuEx seems to have heard the statement without the 'may' in it... regardless it sounds like to me it is $80 minimum to get the amazing enhancement of 1:1 like in the E3 demo (the one where they guy couldn't get it to hit right to 'sharpen the pencil') I think I'll pass.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts
Can't answer till I know the price.presto7640
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
[QUOTE="Englando_IV"]

brandontwb

Sword Fighting.

How about game not comprised of mini-games?

Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
I will definitely buy wii sports resort and 3 extra wii motion plus. Half my friends play GH on their brother's 360 every now and then but other then that play little to no games what so ever. However whenever they're over at my place we usually play wii sports to kill some time or w/e. The sword fighting looks great and so does the jet-skiing even though the guy at the conference playing it sucked at it :P
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GabuEx

Well, what about the other 30 million remotes people have already bought? See part of my post when I described why this is a problem for devs... Also the article says 'May'... Though GabuEx seems to have heard the statement without the 'may' in it... regardless it sounds like to me it is $80 minimum to get the amazing enhancement of 1:1 like in the E3 demo (the one where they guy couldn't get it to hit right to 'sharpen the pencil') I think I'll pass. raahsnavj

Well, those 30 million people can buy Wii Sports Resort. :P

Where do you get "$80 minimum"? I haven't heard anything about the price of the thing, but I'd be a little surprised if it was $80.

marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 marioman50

Well, what about the other 30 million remotes people have already bought? regardless it sounds like to me it is $80 minimum to get the amazing enhancement of 1:1 like in the E3 demo (the one where they guy couldn't get it to hit right to 'sharpen the pencil') I think I'll pass. raahsnavj

To answer your question, that's where we shift back to the little add-on accessory, which is entirely up to you whether or not you buy it.

second, I highly doubt it'll come to $80 (though neither yours or my predictions mean a thing) you can't really use price as an argument until you ACTUALLY KNOW the price.

Third, wii sports resort is due to release next spring, that means there is alot more development and refinement ahead of them. Plus that dude said "If you're really good, you can sharpen the pencil", He could have done it, but in every videogame you find a challenge. It's not like he was part of Wii Sports' development team. He's just some Nintendo of America Official.

If a game is too easy, what's the point? Who's to say it wasn't his hand-eye coordination that made him unable to "sharpen the pencil"

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
im not spending money on it right now so thats a NO. I feel it should of been in the wiimote to begin with.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 raahsnavj

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"]Well, what about the other 30 million remotes people have already bought? See part of my post when I described why this is a problem for devs... Also the article says 'May'... Though GabuEx seems to have heard the statement without the 'may' in it... regardless it sounds like to me it is $80 minimum to get the amazing enhancement of 1:1 like in the E3 demo (the one where they guy couldn't get it to hit right to 'sharpen the pencil') I think I'll pass. GabuEx

Well, those 30 million people can buy Wii Sports Resort. :P

Where do you get "$80 minimum"? I haven't heard anything about the price of the thing, but I'd be a little surprised if it was $80.

30 million remotes, not people, can't buy Wii sports Resort unless they want 4 copies of the game. And bear in mind the price was announced for that at $50. That's $200 instead of just $80 (my prediction). I guessed $80 because I figured the add-on, that basically 'doubles' the accuracy to be 1/2 of the total original cost. or $20 stand alone. Of course these are estimates or guesses. Which brings up another question, if the new wii motes will have the add-on, does that mean the price of the remotes will go up even more? If not, maybe they can just send me 4 for free and I can quit debating this point. At this point I must say too many questions too few answers. So lets ignore price in the comparision. If it is free, sure I won't complain anymore about it, it can't do more harm than good right? But lets be real. It won't be free.

So all we have to go with was the demo, which was less the convincing that the tech is worth bragging about at this point. It is an interesting side note sure, but hardly worth crying about how revolutionary it will be.

Bragging about motion control is what we all did with the Wiimote and now less than 2 years later it has been deemed inaccurate enough to require a peripheral add-on. Do you think they got it right this time?

Regardless, until it comes packaged and devs are assured it is in the box (too late, the Wii sold amazingly well already right? that's a pretty big install base that WON'T have it) they can't really program 100% for it. This add-on is just the next SNES mouse, Super shot, Power Glove, N64 rumble pak. Amusing perhaps, but quickly forgotten. I still think the IR is what makes the Wiimote amazing in comparison to the other standard gamepads. Sure IR is old, but it is the first time it was bundled in the package at release time. And that is what made the difference. Sorry I'm skeptical, but someone has to analyze these things. Everyone around here just jumps for the next little piece of hype nintendo spews without thinking it through.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GabuEx
Oh, you mean $80 for four remotes, not just one. Well I suppose that's true if it turns out to be $20 for the thing, although I'm curious how many people actually have four remotes - I only have two, and even then I play almost exclusively single-player games so I'd realy only need one.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
well most likely many wii owners own more than 1 wiimote. I for one own 4.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

I dunno...i bet it comes free with wii resort for $50

but how much it is seperate...hmmm..im not spending $20, or even $15. 10 MAYBE...

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
I'm definitely getting Wii Sports Resort so yes, I'm getting MotionPlus. I'm not sure if I'll be getting 2 more for my other controllers, though... I might just to play Wii Sports Resort with others.
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts
When I see a game that I want to play (not really interested in Wii sports) use the device effectively I may consider purchasing it. That's really all there is to it.
marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 marioman50

Bragging about motion control is what we all did with the Wiimote and now less than 2 years later it has been deemed inaccurate enough to require a peripheral add-on. Do you think they got it right this time?

Regardless, until it comes packaged and devs are assured it is in the box (too late, the Wii sold amazingly well already right? that's a pretty big install base that WON'T have it) they can't really program 100% for it. This add-on is just the next SNES mouse, Super shot, Power Glove, N64 rumble pak. Amusing perhaps, but quickly forgotten.raahsnavj

well, the wii's current technology is STILL worth bragging about, as far as controls go, I feel it changed the games Metroid 3 and medal of honor 2 for the better. I'd prefer pointing a remote to using analog in fps' for sure now.

It does slightly make the action adventure titles better as well, it feels nice to shake the remote in order to do attacks in Mario and even launch title Zelda. (And yes like you said, the IR)

but I'd compare this more to the successful rumble pak than any of those other ugly accessories. this is an improvement upon an existing control scheme, or an "add-on" if you will. It is taking what the exact same controller does and making it function better. Didn't you see how many titles included functionality for the new zapper after it's release. Not that it made them better, it was only a plastic shell. But my point was that many third party developers started making control schemes based on that very accessory, they didn't ignore it.

update: oh, and there is no reason devs can't make the Motion Plus an optional control scheme considering the people who don't buy it.

2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts
If Red Steel 2 uses this, than **** yeah!
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
I will not buy motion plus unless Wii Sports Resort turns out realy good, and then I'm only getting the 1 pack-in one and no extras.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
As much as I hate having to spend more money, this is a necessary update, yes.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts
ince it has that thing on the bottom, couldn't you plug 2 in for twice the motiony goodness?
marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 marioman50

ince it has that thing on the bottom, couldn't you plug 2 in for twice the motiony goodness?blingchu55

lol, I never thought of that.

I wonder what would happen.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
It'll probably become a necessary standard for alot of games to come, so I'll be picking up 2 of them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#37 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

I plan on buying it, but I'll need to see some real support before I make up my mind for sure.famicommander

Same here. I won't buy it until there's at least a dozen or so solid titles that use it to impressive effect.

MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#38 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts
if it actually makes playing the wii more fun then why notAmezarak
yea thats how i feel too
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

im not spending money on it right now so thats a NO. I feel it should of been in the wiimote to begin with.Tjeremiah1988

If N hasn't developed till now, then how could they have had it at launch?

kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts

my main question is does it allow for some way to plug a nunchunk into it? otherwise this is really just doomed. i thought i saw him using it to steer the water boat or water ski but wasnt sure if he was using motion plus or not?

if it can plug into a nunchunk then ya ill probably get it guarantteed but otherwise eh it wont be on the high lsit of prioritys

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts

Nah I'm nopt buying until:

-more games utilizes it

-a new Wii remote, with motion plus built into it so i don't have to plug that extra thing or get extended jackets.

marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 marioman50

my main question is does it allow for some way to plug a nunchunk into it? otherwise this is really just doomed. i thought i saw him using it to steer the water boat or water ski but wasnt sure if he was using motion plus or not?

if it can plug into a nunchunk then ya ill probably get it guarantteed but otherwise eh it wont be on the high lsit of prioritys

kayne2000

Dude, don't you see the picture I've posted, ya know the one with the motion plus having a nunchuck port on the bottom? Look before you post.

Scsrhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Scsrhino
Member since 2005 • 232 Posts

The real question in my mind is, " Do I really even need Nintendo's Wii Motion Plus?"

Hey, if there is a great game that can actually make a differenve with the Motion Plus then maybe I will need to invest in one. Currently no games except Resort have use for the Motion Plus. Thus only time will tell.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well lets see what people make out of this.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
I'm getting Wii Sports Resort
mdisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mdisen
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts
Stupid poll options, but yes, I'm buying it. It's a necessary update that I sure don't mind paying for.
Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

if it doesn't cost too much then i for sure will.

FlyerFaithful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FlyerFaithful
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts
I will probably end up buying it
marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 marioman50
more poll results
totalmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 totalmachine
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts
It shoulda came built in. But, it's a MUST for my Wii. Especially since I'm gettin TFU! I need all the control that I can possibly have. :)