Most Popular Xbox Live Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
Have you been wondering if your game is # 1? Well who cares, heres the list anyways!

COD 4 MOST POPULAR XBOX LIVE GAME

In news that will surely come as no shock to anyone that picked up a controller in the last few months, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has kicked Halo 3 in the privates, stolen its pocket money, and called its mother all sorts of imaginative rude names en route to becoming the most played game on Xbox Live.

The information was posted on Major Nelson's Microsoft blog, which goes on to reveal that Guitar Hero III has claimed the third spot on the Xbox Live popularity list, just behind the afore-mentioned Bungie FPS.

On close inspection, our blog simply reveals that we are looking for "Big Beautiful Women who like to dress up as Jabba the Hut".

Gears of War and the US-only Rock Band claim fourth and fifth positions on the good Major's list of most popular Xbox Live movers and shakers.

Here's the list in full:

1 Call of Duty 4
2 Halo 3
3 Guitar Hero III
4 Gears of War
5 Rock Band
6 Madden NFL 08
7 Assassin's Creed
8 Mass Effect
9 FIFA 08
10 Forza Motorsport 2

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MrYates808
Have you been wondering if your game is # 1? Well who cares, heres the list anyways!

COD 4 MOST POPULAR XBOX LIVE GAME

In news that will surely come as no shock to anyone that picked up a controller in the last few months, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has kicked Halo 3 in the privates, stolen its pocket money, and called its mother all sorts of imaginative rude names en route to becoming the most played game on Xbox Live.

The information was posted on Major Nelson's Microsoft blog, which goes on to reveal that Guitar Hero III has claimed the third spot on the Xbox Live popularity list, just behind the afore-mentioned Bungie FPS.

Here's the list in full:

1 Call of Duty 4
2 Halo 3
3 Guitar Hero III
4 Gears of War
5 Rock Band
6 Madden NFL 08
7 Assassin's Creed
8 Mass Effect
9 FIFA 08
10 Forza Motorsport 2

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Huh that's interesting that Mass Effect is listed as #8 and has no multiplayer support or any type of online gaming experience whatsoever. So are you telling me that the expansion pack is being downloaded from live so much that it is actually competing with actual online multiplayer matches.

;)

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrYates808

Huh that's interesting that Mass Effect is listed as #8 and has no multiplayer support or any type of online gaming experience whatsoever. So are you telling me that the expansion pack is being downloaded from live so much that it is actually competing with actual online multiplayer matches.

;)

DataDream
Great question but I did not a make the list Major Nelson did but you are propably right
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrYates808
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

;)

MrYates808
Great question but I did not a make the list Major Nelson did but you are propably right

Here ya go...These are based on UU's see like for details....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_user
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrYates808
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

;)

MrYates808

Here ya go...These are based on UU's see link for details....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_user
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

;)

MrYates808

Hey, you stole that from me! Originally the list is compiled by IGN. I'll explain why Mass Effect is on there. The list isn't for Xbox Live multiplayer, although it's the best we have to go by. Here's how they do it...They track any game being played WHILE YOU are connected to Xbox Live. So if you're playing Mass Effect and you're signed into live, it counts as an Xbox Live Usage for the game.

It's the only way we really have to track any game and how much it's being played. Hope that makes sense.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

;)

MrYates808

I'll explain why Mass Effect is on there. The list isn't for Xbox Live multiplayer, although it's the best we have to go by. Here's how they do it...They track any game being played WHILE YOU are connected to Xbox Live. So if you're playing Mass Effect and you're signed into live, it counts as an Xbox Live Usage for the game.

It's the only way we really have to track any game and how much it's being played. Hope that makes sense.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrYates808
but ac doesnt either.... who cares.seventy5cent832
Well there is a thread asking if COD 4 has a big oonline community and some Halo fans were saying Halo had a bigger community, this thread puts all arguments to bed..... Therefore I care
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrYates808

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/865/865154p1.html

" The Top Live Titles list, as reported by Major Nelson, ranks unique users playing Xbox 360 games while connected to Live."

Here's the results for this last week.

1. Call of Duty 4
  2. Halo 3
  3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  4. Guitar Hero III
  5. Gears of War
  6. Rock Band
  7. Army of Two Demo
  8. FIFA 08
  9. Forza Motorsport 2
  10. Army of Two

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)

1. Mr. Driller Online
  2. DOOM
  3. Brain Challenge
  4. N+
  5. Battlestar Galactica
  6. UNO
  7. Worms
  8. Assault Heroes
  9. Pinball FX
  10. Bomberman LIVE
Mau-Justice
Hey you stole that from me!
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrYates808

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/865/865154p1.html

" The Top Live Titles list, as reported by Major Nelson, ranks unique users playing Xbox 360 games while connected to Live."

Here's the results for this last week.

1. Call of Duty 4
  2. Halo 3
  3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  4. Guitar Hero III
  5. Gears of War
  6. Rock Band
  7. Army of Two Demo
  8. FIFA 08
  9. Forza Motorsport 2
  10. Army of Two

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)

1. Mr. Driller Online
  2. DOOM
  3. Brain Challenge
  4. N+
  5. Battlestar Galactica
  6. UNO
  7. Worms
  8. Assault Heroes
  9. Pinball FX
  10. Bomberman LIVE
Mau-Justice
Hey you stole that from me! I am not editing this message
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

couldnt care less tbh

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mau-Justice

Liar! If I could remember what thread we were just talking about this in, I'd link them to it and show everyone your a thief! If it's yours why didn't you know the answer to why Mass Effect was on your list? Huh? Huh? Huuuuuuuuh? :)

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrYates808

couldnt care less tbh

killerfist
Thanks we were dying to know if you did.....J/K this was posted for those who due tho.....
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrYates808

couldnt care less tbh

killerfist
Thanks we were dying to know if you did.....J/K this was posted for those who do tho.....
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrYates808

Liar! If I could remember what thread we were just talking about this in, I'd link them to it and show everyone your a thief! If it's yours why didn't you know the answer to why Mass Effect was on your list? Huh? Huh? Huuuuuuuuh? :)

Mau-Justice
Because I copied and pasted...... But I did go back and research the UU's thing.... Calm down killer
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

couldnt care less tbh

MrYates808
Thanks we were dying to know if you did.....J/K this was posted for those who due tho.....

fair enough
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mau-Justice

Hey you stole that from me! I am not editing this message - Edited on Apr 9, 2008 9:14 pm GMTMrYates808

Lol.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mau-Justice

Hey you stole that from me! I am not editing this message - Edited on Apr 9, 2008 9:14 pm GMTMrYates808

Lol.

Just messing with you anyway, man. Don't take me seriously, I'm 99% sarcasm.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DataDream
[QUOTE="MrYates808"][QUOTE="DataDream"]

;)

Mau-Justice

I'll explain why Mass Effect is on there. The list isn't for Xbox Live multiplayer, although it's the best we have to go by. Here's how they do it...They track any game being played WHILE YOU are connected to Xbox Live. So if you're playing Mass Effect and you're signed into live, it counts as an Xbox Live Usage for the game.

Great explanation - though it just further makes me doubt the overall accuracy of the list. I don't mean that I doubt the poster or that it's from Major Nelsons site. What I mean is that if it is taking into account all of the people playing MP online in COD4 and all the people Playing Single Player in COD4 who are logged in - and it's combining both those groups then of course COD4 being so new is going to have the most overall players. But if you were to take just the MP from COD4 and put it against the MP from Halo3 I wonder if the stats would be the same - because for the most part there aren't allot of people playing through Halo3 SP campaign anymore.

These are just observations - not trying to say it would be one way or the other - it just doesn't seem very accurate is all.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrYates808
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="MrYates808"][QUOTE="DataDream"]

;)

DataDream

Great explanation - though it just further makes me doubt the overall accuracy of the list. I don't mean that I doubt the poster or that it's from Major Nelsons site. What I mean is that if it is taking into account all of the people playing MP online in COD4 and all the people Playing Single Player in COD4 who are logged in - and it's combining both those groups then of course COD4 being so new is going to have the most overall players. But if you were to take just the MP from COD4 and put it against the MP from Halo3 I wonder if the stats would be the same - because for the most part there aren't allot of people playing through Halo3 SP campaign anymore.

These are just observations - not trying to say it would be one way or the other - it just doesn't seem very accurate is all.

Trust me on this.....Have you ever playe COD 4 SP? You can beat it in one sitting its short and fast.....Most people are playing ONLINE so do think Halo 3 has more people online is fanboydem to no end.J/K
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i'm surpriced that rocka band isn't next to gitar hero 3... i wish the list would show actual games being played online instead of being played offline on 360.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DataDream

i'm surpriced that rocka band isn't next to gitar hero 3... i wish the list would show actual games being played online instead of being played offline on 360.iam2green

That's all I'm trying to say - not trying to say one is being played more than another - just that this list isn't very trust worthy for games actually being played online.

That deosn't mean COD4 wouldn't still be #1 - that's not the point I was trying to make. Just that it should designate actual games being played online - not people who are not playing online but are logged into XBL, because I always log into XBL whether playing online or not.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrYates808

[QUOTE="iam2green"]i'm surpriced that rocka band isn't next to gitar hero 3... i wish the list would show actual games being played online instead of being played offline on 360.DataDream

That's all I'm trying to say - not trying to say one is being played more than another - just that this list isn't very trust worthy for games actually being played online.

That deosn't mean COD4 wouldn't still be #1 - that's not the point I was trying to make. Just that it should designate actual games being played online - not people who are not playing online but are logged into XBL, because I always log into XBL whether playing online or not.

Yeah that would be nice, but I think they would have a hard time if not impossible one distinguishing this...
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mau-Justice

i'm surpriced that rocka band isn't next to gitar hero 3... i wish the list would show actual games being played online instead of being played offline on 360.iam2green

Yea...but if MS can't even get that count...then I'm out of ideas. So we will just have to be happy with this list...it's all they can give us.

DataDream I see your point as the opposite. Call of Duty 4 SP lasts what...5-6 Hours? Halo is much longer. Plus Halo3 is one of the most rented games which I'm sure help it's usage numbers. Call of Duty 4 according to Nelson's list has been on top for a month and a half now. It just recently toppled Halo. I don't think anybody could stick with Call of Duty 4 Single Player for that long.

I'd bet a ton that the VAST majority of CoD4 usage is MP. But I'm not Microsoft, so what do I know.