Best way to spend microsoft points?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nellynoway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Nellynoway
Member since 2005 • 1569 Posts

Hey guys.

I just bought 2100 microsoft points for the first time ever. Mainly this is because of the arcade gane "N+", which i totally enjoyed on the pc, so im definately spending 800 ponts on that. Question is though: ill still have 1300 points left to spend. So i ask you, Fellow gamespotters: whats the best way to use 1300 points?
I have some suggestions:

use 500 points on a Guitar Hero 3 song pack (i think its a bit overpriced but...well, its a possibility since i love GH3)

wait for castle crashers (how many points is that game gonna be anyways? like, 1200?)

use it on themes and gamerpictures (that was a joke, HA HA, fat chance...)

yeah...thats pretty much it. If anyone know of a cool thing floating around on the marketplace, or if you happen to know the greatest arcade game on there, please do recommend some...stuff :P

Thanks in advance!

CCCRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 CCCRT
Member since 2005 • 196 Posts

Well, the Mass Effect DLC just came out and that is pretty cheap (400 points I think?), so that is a pretty good deal, I heard it was pretty good. Other than that there really isn't anything great out there now.:? I suggest saving some points just incase something comes out in the near future for a game you already have. (Like more songs for GH3 or something.)

Nellynoway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Nellynoway
Member since 2005 • 1569 Posts

Well, the Mass Effect DLC just came out and that is pretty cheap (400 points I think?), so that is a pretty good deal, I heard it was pretty good. Other than that there really isn't anything great out there now.:? I suggest saving some points just incase something comes out in the near future for a game you already have. (Like more songs for GH3 or something.)

CCCRT

thanks for the response :)

Actually, i haven't even completed mass effect yet.... i know, its embarassing, but we're all human. So i dont know if ill be able to enjoy the dlc to its full.

oh, and can anyone confirm a point-tag for castle crashers?

thanks again :)

wingman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 wingman15
Member since 2004 • 2706 Posts
The GRAW2 DLC coop packs are great. 800 points for the first one, 400 points for the second one. Well worth the money if you are a GRAW2 fan.
JB_PSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JB_PSU
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Honestly, I love live arcade games, and there are some good ones hidden among the rest. My favorites are the strategy games carcassonne and catan. They are very addictive...but the best way to find arcade games you like is to just try out all the demos.
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts
Mass Effect DLC and GH3 reprise pack FTW!
SWITZZZAAAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SWITZZZAAAAA
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hmmh... I got Castle Crashers, and it wasn't as good as it was said to be. Before you buy it (or if you buy it) I recommend the trial version. If you have Skate 2, the Filmers pack and the Dydrek Plaza are good DLC's. The CoD5 map pack is worth the 800mp. Fable xbox original is good. So is Stubbs the Zombie. The community games are very cheap, and some are quality (Some are pointless - TRIAL VERSIONS). You could always try the old time favourite. SAVE UP THE POINTS UNTIL SOMETHING GOOD COMES OUT!
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
Buy DLC for games. Don't spend points too fast, I got 4200 pts for xmas and after buying DLC they were long gone
Beanoooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Beanoooo
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts

If you like Halo3 get the Map Packs

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
if u play halo get the maps. castle crushers is already out.... i buy gamer pictures once in the blue moon..,. if gh3 is your game and u want some new songs go for it and ya they are over priced i think so to
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
Actually I'll recommend the Fallout 3 DLC, lots of extra content. Operation Anchorage and The Pitt are 800 each, and Broken Steel is coming this month. I think that's the best use of the points
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="CCCRT"]

Nellynoway

thanks for the response :)

Actually, i haven't even completed mass effect yet.... i know, its embarassing, but we're all human. So i dont know if ill be able to enjoy the dlc to its full.

oh, and can anyone confirm a point-tag for castle crashers?

thanks again :)

umm u know u can easly turn your 360 on and go market place and see the price right or xbox.com and go MARketplace and it's all right their
pato-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pato-666
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
buy portal, i just got it yesterday, cause i bought yesterday 1500... or buy aditional stuff 4 n+, which is great!
PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PyroPice
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

.....you all realize the op was like a year ago right? ...... anyways Braid is teh win

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 k2theswiss
portal is short get loaade runner