How do you play wii online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Armeda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Armeda
Member since 2004 • 394 Posts
hey guys, I am trying to find out how to play the wii online, but I cannot find out where to put in the cable in the wii, can anyone tell me where it is?
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
The Wii only makes use of Wi-Fi. So you need a wireless router to make use of the Wii online. You can however also purchase a USB adapter for your PC that allows you to play your Wii online without a wireless router. You can also use an ethernet-to-USB convertor to connect an ethernet cable to your Wii.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

The Wii does not have an ethernet port built into the system. To get it connected, you'll either need to set up a wireless/wi-fi network (via wireless router connected to your modem), or get an adapter like this one: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802615

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

Wow, not to bash the wii or anything, but that's retarded. I got to buy extra stuff to play a console online? Why don't they give one of those things WITH the console? Like PS3 did with the Internet cableArmeda

In our increasingly mobile world, wireless modem's are becoming more standard. Just buy a wireless router, you'll be glad you did. No more messy wires, works with Wii, DS, PS3 (most of em), PSP, laptops, etc.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts

Yea, when i got dsl, it was like 5bucks to get the wireless router, that is the way the future is going to be, less wires, more radio waves causing cancer. I love the fact that i dont need to have another wire run around my house just to play online.

NESGuy83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 NESGuy83
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
I just have an internet hub hooked via a power cord into the wall. One ethernet cord goes cord goes to my PC, the other ethernet cord goes to my Wii.
mikebernat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mikebernat
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
My god you are dumb
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Are there really that many people not up to date with wireless technology? Literally everything in my house that can connect to the internet is done so wirelessly, inlcuding the Wii, DS, Xbox 360, desktop computer and two laptops. The only thing connected to my modem is my router.

I thought it was pretty "retarded" that the 360 didn't have built in Wi-Fi, I had to go out and buy a $100 wireless adapter to do so, so don't even think about complaining about having to spend $15-30 on the Wii.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Are there really that many people not up to date with wireless technology? Literally everything in my house that can connect to the internet is done so wirelessly, inlcuding the Wii, DS, Xbox 360, desktop computer and two laptops. The only thing connected to my modem is my router.

I thought it was pretty "retarded" that the 360 didn't have built in Wi-Fi, I had to go out and buy a $100 wireless adapter to do so, so don't even think about complaining about having to spend $15-30 on the Wii.

ozzsoad
Am I too cheap to buy one. Whenever I want to get on XBL, I just run a cable from my room to the living room, then put it away when done. I've seen some wireless bridges selling for about $40, but if I can just run the cable, then why not. Other than that, only my PC is the one on a wire connection.
steven933511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 steven933511
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
just get a ps3 they are a lot better then wiis
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
Wireless is the worst especially for gaming. It works for general browsing but when you are trying to send and receive large amouts of data at the same time wireless just fails. A wired connection will be better every single time.
jeff_millbury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jeff_millbury
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Can I play wii's games online, with another person by internet?
90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

just get a ps3 they are a lot better then wiissteven933511

trolly trolly troll

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

ozzsoad
I easily have the access to wireless routers but I much prefer a wired connection. Everything that uses an internet connection in my house is using a wired connection.
HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HipYoungster42
Member since 2009 • 1892 Posts

If you're connecting online usin' a wired connection, you need to get the (non-official) Wii Lan Adaptor.

After that, you'll also need an Ethernet cable, which can be purchased at any electronics store.

Then connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the (non-official) Wii Lan Adaptor, and another end to your router. Finally, connect the (non-official) Wii Lan Adaptor to your Wii.

Hope that helps!:D

Rydar62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rydar62
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

Here are two great online head to head games that allow you to get a rank and move up in rank or standings.(Points)

1. Mario Kart Wii

2. Madden 09 for the Wii(Sometimes frustrating when playing way better people than you online, but still a great game.Amazing graphics!)

Rydar62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rydar62
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

Can I play wii's games online, with another person by internet?jeff_millbury

Yes, there is Madden 09. I don't know if any other Madden games are that way though.