So wait... is there going to be another zelda game coming out on the wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 salty5674
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
Does anyone know, has it been confirmed or have there just been rumours? (other than that rumour about the futuristic zelda game)
Dr_Notes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Dr_Notes
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts

i'm going to waste post space to tell you that i don't know.

:D

RPFcorvette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RPFcorvette
Member since 2005 • 281 Posts
I'm going to say yes since TP was originally a GC game, and since almost every Nintendo system has had two Zelda games.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
yes... I have no proof though :P
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I'm going to say yes since TP was originally a GC game, and since almost every Nintendo system has had two Zelda games.RPFcorvette

Yeah every system has two Zelda games, also since Twilight Princess was a launch title not built originally for the Wii. There will definently be a Zelda title built from the ground up for the Wii, I dont know where you got this futuristic nonsense from, that will not happen.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts
Yea Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game since Twilight Princess was shipped
salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 salty5674

[QUOTE="RPFcorvette"]I'm going to say yes since TP was originally a GC game, and since almost every Nintendo system has had two Zelda games.Sepewrath

Yeah every system has two Zelda games, also since Twilight Princess was a launch title not built originally for the Wii. There will definently be a Zelda title built from the ground up for the Wii, I dont know where you got this futuristic nonsense from, that will not happen.

its a really old rumour, you have probably heard of it before.
RPFcorvette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RPFcorvette

Yea Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game since Twilight Princess was shippedDavidRswii

How do you know???

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sepewrath
MaybeI probaly totally disregarded it, hence why I wouldnt remember. But yeah definently expect a new Zelda, I would say in 2009.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
Well.. Lets just hope Links Crossbow Training doesnt count as a Zelda title for the wii.
DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DavidRswii

[QUOTE="DavidRswii"]Yea Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game since Twilight Princess was shippedRPFcorvette

How do you know???

I read on an interview a while ago like a month after the Wii was realeased and I think there might be more then 2 Zelda game casue I read on another interview that the Wii will be out longer then they thought
DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DavidRswii
MaybeI probaly totally disregarded it, hence why I wouldnt remember. But yeah definently expect a new Zelda, I would say in 2009. Sepewrath
Well Zelda was realesed in 2006 and it takes from 2-5 years to finsih a GOOD game so it might be realeased in 2010
RPFcorvette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RPFcorvette

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]MaybeI probaly totally disregarded it, hence why I wouldnt remember. But yeah definently expect a new Zelda, I would say in 2009. DavidRswii
Well Zelda was realesed in 2006 and it takes from 2-5 years to finsih a GOOD game so it might be realeased in 2010

By then my wii will be old, and i will be poor and in college.

_FuturMarine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _FuturMarine_
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
Zuma, u pwned me hahahha, i relaly didnt see that coming, watta dummy :D
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
They've been working on it since a year befoire TP was released, so yeah.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]MaybeI probaly totally disregarded it, hence why I wouldnt remember. But yeah definently expect a new Zelda, I would say in 2009. DavidRswii

Well the Zelda games arent that far apart on consoles, typically its about 2 years. It was two between OoT and Majoras Mask. There would have been two between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess if not for the massive delay to make the Wii version. So 2009 seems like a good estimation. Since Nintendo generally start working on the next Zelda title, while winding down development of the current one. So they have probaly been working on it since 2005.

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
I read something about an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto and some other guy and the other guy wanted to talk about the new Wii Zelda game they were making but Shiggy didn't let him. I'll try to find it.
awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

"[4:24] That's all he can say about Phantom Hourglass today. Instead, he moves on to discuss...what's coming in the next Zelda project. Holy cow.

[4:25] Aonuma has a bullet-point list of features in his head already that he wants to implement in the next Zelda. Miyamoto forbade him from letting us in on the secret, though. Rats."

http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6174737&pid=915692&tag=topslot;action;3

There ya go.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
Eventually, but probably not until 2009 or later. And please for the love of God don't mention a futuristic Zelda again... won't... happen... ever!
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts

I'm going to say yes since TP was originally a GC game, and since almost every Nintendo system has had two Zelda games.RPFcorvette
What was the second zelda for SNES???

and does this mean that wii will have 3 zelda's? because a gc port is no fair.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sepewrath

Well he did say almost, so that would mean not all of them. Also the two game tradition did not start until the N64.

RPFcorvette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RPFcorvette

Well he did say almost, so that would mean not all of them. Also the two game tradition did not start until the N64.

Sepewrath

: ) exactly

meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts
Legend of Zelda: Fairy Nocturne launches in March 09 for the Wii. Be prepared.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Probably. I expect one like Majora's Mask, with a refreshing story, but an excellent game.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

[QUOTE="RPFcorvette"]I'm going to say yes since TP was originally a GC game, and since almost every Nintendo system has had two Zelda games.parksits

What was the second zelda for SNES???

and does this mean that wii will have 3 zelda's? because a gc port is no fair.

BS Zelda could be considered to the second Zelda on SNES.However, it never came to NA since it was on the online service Satalliteview.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Sepewrath

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EndlessPunisher
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

JuarN18

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

When you think about it GC also had 3 Zelda's on it. Legend of Zelda : The four swords Legend of Zelda : Windwaker Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Thiago26792
[QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

EndlessPunisher

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

When you think about it GC also had 3 Zelda's on it. Legend of Zelda : The four swords Legend of Zelda : Windwaker Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

And the Wii has two then: Zelda Twilight Princess and Link's Crossbow Training.

EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EndlessPunisher
[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

Thiago26792

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

Meh, well Links Crossbow Training is not a LOZ, theirs no "Legend Of Zelda" in their.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thiago26792
[QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

EndlessPunisher

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

Meh, well Links Crossbow Training is not a LOZ, theirs no "Legend Of Zelda" in their.

But it has Link as the main character and the Zelda stages, so that must make it a Zelda game...

EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EndlessPunisher
[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

Thiago26792

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

But it has Link as the main character and the Zelda stages, so that must make it a Zelda game...

........ Its a Link game for god sakes... Not a Zelda one.. I havent played the game but do you even save Zelda in that one? Their is a reason why the creators didnt put LOZ in that name. Might as well call it Legend of Link O.o.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Thiago26792
[QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

EndlessPunisher

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

........ Its a Link game for god sakes... Not a Zelda one.. I havent played the game but do you even save Zelda in that one? Their is a reason why the creators didnt put LOZ in that name. Might as well call it Legend of Link O.o.

Well, I've never heard of the "Link series". And what you said about saving Zelda, remeber that in Majora's Mask you don't rescue Zelda and it is called "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask". So then, can't Link Crossbow Training be called a Zelda game?

EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EndlessPunisher
[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

Thiago26792

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

Well, I've never heard of the "Link series". And what you said about saving Zelda, remeber that in Majora's Mask you don't rescue Zelda and it is called "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask". So then, can't Link Crossbow Training be called a Zelda game?

Ok I will consider it a "Legend of Zelda game". But in no way is it a new Zelda game, its more of a LOZ : Twilight Princess expansion or 2nd leg. Cause all the game is, is Twilight Princess, with the same area's, some enemy's, same basic game structure, but Link has a crossbow...
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Thiago26792
[QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="Thiago26792"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

EndlessPunisher

The NES had 2 Zeldas too

Ok I will consider it a "Legend of Zelda game". But in no way is it a new Zelda game, its more of a LOZ : Twilight Princess expansion or 2nd leg. Cause all the game is, is Twilight Princess, with the same area's, some enemy's, same basic game structure, but Link has a crossbow...

OK, finally...

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 salty5674
I love how I created a giant conflict with this thread. It was great.
samsonkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 samsonkilla
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts
scielence u fool u will disrupt the argument that is comeing to an end
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts
I hope it is in the future, honestly, not too much but way more than ww. Ganon could come back and steal zelda away into the future and link could follow, maybe the master sword could lose its power and he'd have to find a new master weapon of some sort, or he would have to awaken the reincarnated 7 sages out of their unconcious slumber, idk this is all just my wandering imagination but i think it'd be sweet anyway, maybe fill in some plot gaps for me.
salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 salty5674
its already over you fool...

and to get it started back up:
I'm going to have to agree with EndlessPunisher, It doesn't seem like a LOZ game at all. It seems like it goes into that so called "Link mini-series" with other games such as Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening.
f8101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 f8101
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts

im pretty sure there is...

f8101[] - brought to you by: tripletags.com

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sepewrath
Links Crossbow Training is not a Legend of Zelda game, also since the SNES only had one Zelda game, I wouldnt say that the Nes started the two game traditon. Especially given that the Zelda on the Wii was a GC port, there is definently a new Zelda on the way.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Didnt Nintendo say they were working on one? I think they said they were in the early stages. I dont expect it to be released until at least 2009
Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
They better be making another zelda game. TP was the reason i got a wii.
Filipthehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Filipthehero
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I must have the sequel of the new Zelda game.
bill22y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bill22y
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
Does anyone know, has it been confirmed or have there just been rumours? (other than that rumour about the futuristic zelda game)salty5674
i started that it was in another fourm about if zelda could use a story change i said it wold be better if link had a gun and it was more modern but the same story
samsonkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 samsonkilla
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

[QUOTE="salty5674"]Does anyone know, has it been confirmed or have there just been rumours? (other than that rumour about the futuristic zelda game)bill22y
i started that it was in another fourm about if zelda could use a story change i said it wold be better if link had a gun and it was more modern but the same story

that would just turn zelda into every other game they should do likew the bad guys part for once