Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts
i have games everywhere, 150 + ( somehow both gow games and okami and ico i still dont have). Is there some kind of organizer that i could use, what do you guys use? id like to organize them by genre somehow. and with my ps games i have over 200 games. Someone like me needs a playstation jukebox.................
PreLuDe_DuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PreLuDe_DuDe
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
Just separate your games by genre into proportionate rubber maid totes. Then you can type up a list of all the games inside and tape it to the top or side of the tote.
Zacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Zacek
Member since 2004 • 1536 Posts

I use this things, I hope you can find them in your location... they save a lot of space!

Avatar image for I_AM_AROD______
I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 I_AM_AROD______
Member since 2007 • 718 Posts

Just separate your games by genre into proportionate rubber maid totes. Then you can type up a list of all the games inside and tape it to the top or side of the tote. PreLuDe_DuDe
That's not a bad idea.

And I just want to say, you have way too many games.

sealedexit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 sealedexit
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
Just get some DVD storage towers. Stackable ones would be the best for you. Wouldn't be that hard just think about it a little.
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
I have a 50 DVD tower which I use for all the games I play frequently. The others are on a shelf organized by console type, then publisher as is the tower itself.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
i have a book case and i organize them by genere and then the series to gether, i start with sports form football to racing then i have realistic/historic fps games then i go into fantasy then i go into all the adventure games and stuf (like sly cooper games) then i have the games that u interact with i guess (Gh2, eye toy, ddr, singstar) and then thats it. Just put em all in a book case or somehting, im lucky we have this shelv in the wall thats long enough for like 500 games.
D3R1N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 D3R1N
Member since 2003 • 610 Posts
I use a media storage tower that I use to store/alphabetize all of my games with. That rubbermaid idea doesn't sound half bad, though.
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

I just use a book shelf and seperate the games first by genre then publisher and put all of the games that are in a series right in a row but that's probably an obvious thing to do.7CloudStrife7

Cool, I am not the only one who sorts by publisher then! Seems like we are a minority though.

Zacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Zacek
Member since 2004 • 1536 Posts
I made the same, organize them by genre and then by publisher!
NavyBoy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NavyBoy85
Member since 2004 • 610 Posts
Yeah, well I guess I'm a bit old-school then. I just use "ye olde" alphabetical order. But I do separate the different consoles. I found these DVD storage crates, KoolKrates I think they're called. They're stackable so it's a great space saver and you can adapt the layout of the crates to fit any weird profile your wall may have. The crates are kinda expensive though; about 9$ a piece, and you can fit 13 cases in each (actually it's more for 12, but I hate the space that's left, so I just put another one in there and it doesn't strain the crate!). I've got a total of 138 games and they all fit in 12 crates, plus I've got extra space for the Collector's Edition boxes :) Enjoy!
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#13 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
I use cd/dvd binders that zip shut. I arrange by most replay to least hehehe. I currently maxed out my cd binder and and had to kick all my ps1 titles to another binder. Leaving them in there cases is retarded.
galaxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 galaxus
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts
I place all the games I dont use anymore in storage. The rest are stalked up in a cabinet where it can't be seen as clutter.
phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 phoenyx9
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

I feel for you, I collect cd's, dvd's and games.

All you need is to measure for some shelves, go to your local hardware store and get some pine, brackets, anchors and screws. Takes 10 minutes to put up a shelf and it's cheap.

Here's what I did:

pandadude01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 pandadude01
Member since 2004 • 2084 Posts

All you need is to measure for some shelves, go to your local hardware store and get some pine, brackets, anchors and screws. Takes 10 minutes to put up a shelf and it's cheap.

Here's what I did:

phoenyx9

that's one massive bookshelf of discs.

I have about 100 PS2 games, and about 100 PS2 Demo discs I still haven't gotten rid of, plus about 10 PS2 magazines which I haven't thrown out either.

Just get a bookcase. Organise the games alphabetically.

delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts

get some dvd racks and but them in genre or in series but the shelf with all those cds and dvds and games is a good idea

i put mine in series when i had about 100 now i hav about 35 but i still do it in series and genres

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
Quantity over quality?
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#20 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

Here's what I did:

phoenyx9

That's pure madness...good idea...but what about the dead spaces in the corners???

phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 phoenyx9

"That's pure madness...good idea...but what about the dead spaces in the corners???"

You know that's a good question. I keep some old rock and roll cd's I don't listen to much any more tucked in there. Believe it or not the 900 - 1000 cd's in the picture are my jazz collection. My rock and roll cd collection (600-700) is in my walk in closet. :roll:

hot114, I'd choose quality over quantity anyday. My 134 games have a gs rating of 8.4 collectively, I've tried to collect good ones. :)

hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts

I made the same, organize them by genre and then by publisher!Zacek1000

I agree do this.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Here's what I did:

phoenyx9

Holy crap! i want something like that, right now i have most of my games in a binder but other people tend to play my games and put them in different areas, so i end up with Rpgs in the fps area and vice versa. oh and is that meds i see on the right hand side? 5th up from the floor? lol,. great idea though.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#26 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
i got mine in a storage drawer thing i got from walmart for only 14 $ and i fitted all my ps2 in one drawer 360 and wii in another n64 in one and some more ps2 in the bottom ones i rarely play and ps1s sit on top of the drawers
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#27 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
i use an access database to track my games and it keeps me from buying dups. With the database i have them entered by name,typeand release year.
macho_c_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 macho_c_a
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts

Here's what I did:

phoenyx9

jesus christ that´s a crap load of games!

GloomyFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GloomyFate
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

Here's what I did:

phoenyx9

Wow, my corner bedroom looks almost exactly like that, except with wood on the ends to keep them from falling off the side.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 CSXLoser
Member since 2005 • 1621 Posts
i buy those binders that hold 200 dvds and stuff them in there. Its good for games you bringover to people's houses. Otherwise the rest stay ina little shelf. I have over a 100 games i beleive
phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 phoenyx9

@Bren128 lol, yup those are my meds. I forgot to take' em down before I took the picture. I'm on antibiotics for lyme disease right now.

@Macho_c_a, they're not all games. My playstation 2 games are on the two top shelves on the left. I also have ps2, ps1 and xbox 360 games on the top right shelf. The rest are music cd's and dvd's. :)

My psp and ps3 games are on a different shelf over my t.v. lol.