This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lenny_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Lenny_Man
Member since 2004 • 179 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Today I went out and finally bought an xbox elite. The only thing I am wondering is that. I am using HDMI on my new HDTV and when I first turn on the 360, my tv screen still shows no single, then flashes invalid format really fast, then finally shows up just intime when the 360 logo is fully shown and about to go into the dashboard... Is this normal for HDMI, I am new to all this stuff. Also, when I put a movie in, the screen on my tv went totally black... I could hear the movie but not see anything, I could hear the beep when I clicked the dashboard button, but nothing showed on the screen. So, I removed the movie.... still a black screen. Then put the movie back in, and the movie started playing normally and everything was back to normal. So, is there something wrong with this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for any answers

azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts
check your resolution on your tv and your system. make sure theyre set right.
azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts
since were in hdmi problems. i just got the premium with the hdmi and hooked it up. but i cant put the component cable in to the back of the system with the hdmi at the same time, it doesnt fit. im trying to use the audio. i want the hdmi to my tv, but i need the aduio cables to my surround sound. since i cant do it like that, how do i hook up my surround sound now?
firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts

since were in hdmi problems. i just got the premium with the hdmi and hooked it up. but i cant put the component cable in to the back of the system with the hdmi at the same time, it doesnt fit. im trying to use the audio. i want the hdmi to my tv, but i need the aduio cables to my surround sound. since i cant do it like that, how do i hook up my surround sound now?azshorty2003

use optical maybe???

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Today I went out and finally bought an xbox elite. The only thing I am wondering is that. I am using HDMI on my new HDTV and when I first turn on the 360, my tv screen still shows no single, then flashes invalid format really fast, then finally shows up just intime when the 360 logo is fully shown and about to go into the dashboard... Is this normal for HDMI, I am new to all this stuff. Also, when I put a movie in, the screen on my tv went totally black... I could hear the movie but not see anything, I could hear the beep when I clicked the dashboard button, but nothing showed on the screen. So, I removed the movie.... still a black screen. Then put the movie back in, and the movie started playing normally and everything was back to normal. So, is there something wrong with this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for any answers

Lenny_Man

what kind of hdmi cable do you have??

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11979 Posts
Are your settings correctly adjusted on both the TV and xbox?
Lenny_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lenny_Man

Hey,

Thanks for all the replies. But how can I tell what resolution would be correct for my tv. I currently have it set at 1080i, because I thought it was the best one. Is this to high for my tv or something. Should I just use what it defaulted at. Thanks, and if this helps. My tv is a LG 26" LC7D. Should it be written in the tv manual or something? Hope someone can sort this out, thanks. And to answer the above poster, and I am using the cable that came with the xbox.

Thanks for any replies.

Lenny_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lenny_Man
*Bump* Could someone help me sort this out please.
Flavour666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flavour666
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts
Set it to 720p. Progressive is way better than interlaced. Your TV probably doesn't even support 1080i. azshorty2003: there is a 2nd cable in the 360 box which is for HDMI users so they can hook up their sound. It's two blocks connected by a thin cable. One end goes into the 360, the other has two analog-outputs (left and right) and one optical output (toslink).