Help!!!! My PS3 won't eject the disc or play it!

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ChubbyBiddy
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts
Topic :cry:
Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

Okay.

You know about the touch-sensitivity right? You brushed your hand along the "eject" symbol and it didn't work?
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChubbyBiddy
Yea, I even pressed it for 10 secs. like the book said.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
You can try turn it off and turn it back on then eject it? But I bet you already did and with no success, right?
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
push harder, push around, call sony, send it back. nobody here can help cuz it seems more like a hardware issue than a typical overheating issue
Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Turn off the system, then hold the eject button down, keep holding it down. Then turn the system back on. Do not let go of the eject button.

rben21232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rben21232
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
hmmm. latey ive been seeing a lot of issues about ps3's starting to do weird things. damn. im scared now. i dont want my ps3 to die!!!!
jasonyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jasonyu
Member since 2004 • 395 Posts
Okay, the same thing happened to me and I managed to get the disc out. First is the blue light on. If it isnt then you should hold the eject button and use another cd and push it into the disc drive and gently push your stuck disc around. When you hold the eject button your PS3 will make a loud clicking sound but dont worry. Just keep using the extra disc and push the stuck disc around and it should come out.
chrisdyer1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chrisdyer1337
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts

sad another ps3 broken

jasonyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jasonyu

sad another ps3 broken

chrisdyer1337

Its not broken, the disc is just stuck. I had no problems with my PS3 since.

ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChubbyBiddy
Tried it, didn't work.
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChubbyBiddy

Okay, the same thing happened to me and I managed to get the disc out. First is the blue light on. If it isnt then you should hold the eject button and use another cd and push it into the disc drive and gently push your stuck disc around. When you hold the eject button your PS3 will make a loud clicking sound but dont worry. Just keep using the extra disc and push the stuck disc around and it should come out.jasonyu

Does it still work after doing that?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

My PS3 got Three Blue Lights - just kidding!!...... Im sure Sony will fix it, just calmdown, youngman.

Anyway, I left my gamedisc inside my PS3 all the time. weather on or off, and nothung's wrong yet, but I sure will have to eject the disc when not playing, it would be best.....

-Playing Resistance online and I got shot all the time!!

jasonyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonyu

[QUOTE="jasonyu"]Okay, the same thing happened to me and I managed to get the disc out. First is the blue light on. If it isnt then you should hold the eject button and use another cd and push it into the disc drive and gently push your stuck disc around. When you hold the eject button your PS3 will make a loud clicking sound but dont worry. Just keep using the extra disc and push the stuck disc around and it should come out.ChubbyBiddy

Does it still work after doing that?

Do you mean the PS3. My PS3 is fine. Works perfectly. Did you try using the extra disc and kinda sliding it under the stuck disc and gently pushing the stuck disc up while you are holding the eject button

Sephiroth228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Sephiroth228
Member since 2006 • 1109 Posts
You didn't put bologna in it did you? LOL. (some people will remember what I'm talking about)
gameclearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gameclearer
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

ha ha

ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ChubbyBiddy
I have not, that will be my last resort. I hope everything works out. I called Sony and they said that I would have to return it (cry), but I need to give them the purchasing receipt. The only big problem is that I bought it from eBay (cry). I'm trying to get a hold of the guy so that he can send me the receipt or get a copy of one from Best Buy so that I can get it fixed. Wish me luck (cry)! :(:cry:
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

You didn't put bologna in it did you? LOL. (some people will remember what I'm talking about)Sephiroth228

SOME!!!!!?!?!?????? that was the most hilarious thing ive evr seen on gamespot.

ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChubbyBiddy
Refresh my memory, I don't remember.
sm0ke311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sm0ke311
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts
do u have 20gb ps3?
patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts
it's called a warranty bro
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChubbyBiddy
60gb
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ChubbyBiddy
I have not, that will be my last resort. I hope everything works out. I called Sony and they said that I would have to return it (cry), but I need to give them the purchasing receipt. The only big problem is that I bought it from eBay (cry). I'm trying to get a hold of the guy so that he can send me the receipt or get a copy of one from Best Buy so that I can get it fixed. Wish me luck (cry)! :(:cry:ChubbyBiddy
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
I have not, that will be my last resort. I hope everything works out. I called Sony and they said that I would have to return it (cry), but I need to give them the purchasing receipt. The only big problem is that I bought it from eBay (cry). I'm trying to get a hold of the guy so that he can send me the receipt or get a copy of one from Best Buy so that I can get it fixed. Wish me luck (cry)! :(:cry:ChubbyBiddy
why do they nead a receipt doesn't the ps3 have a one year warrenty rite out of the box,or am my wrong on this?
mugwuffin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mugwuffin2
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts

Refresh my memory, I don't remember.ChubbyBiddy

Dude some kid literaly put bologna in his ps3. not sure if it was real but you can youtube ppl putting bologna in various disc trays, i think its a new fad or sumthin.

ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChubbyBiddy

[QUOTE="ChubbyBiddy"]I have not, that will be my last resort. I hope everything works out. I called Sony and they said that I would have to return it (cry), but I need to give them the purchasing receipt. The only big problem is that I bought it from eBay (cry). I'm trying to get a hold of the guy so that he can send me the receipt or get a copy of one from Best Buy so that I can get it fixed. Wish me luck (cry)! :(:cry:venomdeo
why do they nead a receipt doesn't the ps3 have a one year warrenty rite out of the box,or am my wrong on this?

They need it to confirm that it is legit, that sucks. If I don't get the receipt, I have to pay $149.00 to get a REFURBISHED PS3. That sucks even more, since I've been taking good care of my PS3. ARGH!

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 venomdeo

[QUOTE="venomdeo"][QUOTE="ChubbyBiddy"]I have not, that will be my last resort. I hope everything works out. I called Sony and they said that I would have to return it (cry), but I need to give them the purchasing receipt. The only big problem is that I bought it from eBay (cry). I'm trying to get a hold of the guy so that he can send me the receipt or get a copy of one from Best Buy so that I can get it fixed. Wish me luck (cry)! :(:cry:ChubbyBiddy

They need it to confirm that it is legit, that sucks. If I don't get the receipt, I have to pay $149.00 to get a REFURBISHED PS3. That sucks even more, since I've been taking good care of my PS3. ARGH!

did you try holding down the on button 4 5 secs 4 craps and giggles try it then hit me back the power not the eject button.
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChubbyBiddy
[QUOTE="ChubbyBiddy"]

[QUOTE="venomdeo"][QUOTE="ChubbyBiddy"]I have not, that will be my last resort. I hope everything works out. I called Sony and they said that I would have to return it (cry), but I need to give them the purchasing receipt. The only big problem is that I bought it from eBay (cry). I'm trying to get a hold of the guy so that he can send me the receipt or get a copy of one from Best Buy so that I can get it fixed. Wish me luck (cry)! :(:cry:venomdeo

did you try holding down the on button 4 5 secs 4 craps and giggles try it then hit me back the power not the eject button.

What?

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 venomdeo
I found something that might help you.First go to ask.com and type in the following (my ps3 has a stuck disc in it how to get it out)OK,then look for this(playstation.lithium.com/playstation/board/message?board...)I really hope that board helps you bro.
Aclar00_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Aclar00_basic
Member since 2002 • 906 Posts

I found something that might help you.First go to ask.com and type in the following (my ps3 has a stuck disc in it how to get it out)OK,then look for this(playstation.lithium.com/playstation/board/message?board...)I really hope that board helps you bro.venomdeo

lol why didnt you link it? lol

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

[QUOTE="venomdeo"]I found something that might help you.First go to ask.com and type in the following (my ps3 has a stuck disc in it how to get it out)OK,then look for this(playstation.lithium.com/playstation/board/message?board...)I really hope that board helps you bro.Aclar00_basic

lol you didn't link it either but I did - Linked ;)

ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChubbyBiddy
Thanks for the help but it didn't work. Thanks for trying though. I never thought I would have problems, and the sad thing is, my bro got a 360 like 2 months before me, and it still works. What a kick in the pants.
lagreendown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lagreendown
Member since 2006 • 1612 Posts
LOL are you sure you didn't put ham like that other dude in GS rofl =D
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 venomdeo
[QUOTE="Aclar00_basic"]

[QUOTE="venomdeo"]I found something that might help you.First go to ask.com and type in the following (my ps3 has a stuck disc in it how to get it out)OK,then look for this(playstation.lithium.com/playstation/board/message?board...)I really hope that board helps you bro.aka_aj03

thanks my bad lol.
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 venomdeo
[QUOTE="Aclar00_basic"]

[QUOTE="venomdeo"]I found something that might help you.First go to ask.com and type in the following (my ps3 has a stuck disc in it how to get it out)OK,then look for this(playstation.lithium.com/playstation/board/message?board...)I really hope that board helps you bro.aka_aj03

thanks my bad lol.
shinraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shinraz
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
Sony will only need a copy of the original receipt, not the original. You keep the original, send them the copy version. The person you bought it from on Ebay, if he/she doesn't want to send you the original, ask them to send you a copy of it so you can send that to Sony. Good Luck.
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChubbyBiddy
Thanks, I'm going to need it.
swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts
one quick question..... Did you make sure there is a disc inside :lol:
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ChubbyBiddy
Positive.
jasonyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jasonyu
Does your PS3 make a clicking sound when you push eject?
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

I had the exact same problem with my copy of VF5 right on release day. It made a crazy arse clicking sounds and wouldnt come out for over 10 mins of trying. I did not try to jam anything in there (it is $600 you know!), it just popped on my next attempt for no good reason.

Funny thing is that it has not happened since. I am guessing that maybe the specs on the disc are slightly off since this is the only disc it has ever happened to--but then again, I never play VF5 anymore.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
You didn't put bologna in it did you? LOL. (some people will remember what I'm talking about)Sephiroth228
even tho im pretty sure it was only a april fools joke! yeah that was a good time
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChubbyBiddy
No clicking nose, just doesn't eject. And I know the button works, since when I push the eject button on standby mode, it turns on the system.
jasonyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jasonyu
Is the blue light on
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ChubbyBiddy
Yes, I can play games that I downloaded.
kwanzudood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kwanzudood
Member since 2004 • 379 Posts
The same thing just happened to me today, I have one of the Metal Gear Solid 3 bundle Ps3's. I'm gonna try playing the game I have in there for a bit, and see if the spinning around helps shift it or something so it will be able to come out eventually. I'll post again if I get my disc out, and let me know about yours.
Baku93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Baku93
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry it's just soo funny, and uncool at the same time! don't worrie i had the same problem, i just sold it too some weird guy down the street an bought a new one, problem solved now if only you could find that weird guy..........

TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
Is there a disc in there?
kwanzudood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kwanzudood
Member since 2004 • 379 Posts
I know this is a year-old post, but your exact situation has happened to me: bought a newly used PS3 from ebay, first day using it, and my disc is stuck inside with the same problems as yours. Did you ever get your disc out?