Xbox Live signing me out every 5 minutes-can any1 help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SuP3R_TooT
Member since 2006 • 1691 Posts

I keep getting signed out of xbox live after about 5-10 minutes of play ive checked the connection on the 360 and it says everything is workin fine. Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone help me

SilV3RSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 SilV3RSix
Member since 2002 • 1722 Posts
Whats your setup?
dreamscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 dreamscott
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
1 800 4my xbox
SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuP3R_TooT

Whats your setup?SilV3RSix

ISP-Onetel

Make-Philips

ADSL Wireless router connected via ethernet cable

ramelaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ramelaz
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
This same thing happens to me! I'm not really sure but it only happens when I am playing a game on live. I haven't really done anything about it since I've been playing Oblivion a lot lately.
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
It's probably your connection... is your ISP dsl? If so that's probably why... my cable internet is rock solid.
SilV3RSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SilV3RSix

[QUOTE="SilV3RSix"]Whats your setup?SuP3R_TooT

ISP-Onetel

Make-Philips

Sometimes wireless routers can act funky when using an ethernet cable for some reason... But try looking at your DHCP settings.. should be under basic setup. You can access these settings by typing 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 (usually) into your web browser and then logging onto your router. The user name and password are defaulted to 'admin' for both. The specific setting I would check is 'client lease time'. It might be set too short to be of any use. Also, just make sure your DHCP server isn't set to only allow 1 or 2 users at a time, as another PC may be knocking it off the network periodically.
ramelaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ramelaz
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
Nope, I've got cable Internet. I think there might be a problem with my router since I've gotten a new one and before that xbox live worked great. What I'm trying to figure out is why can I play counter-strike: source with a good ping and not be able to play my xbl properly.
SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuP3R_TooT
[QUOTE="SuP3R_TooT"]

[QUOTE="SilV3RSix"]Whats your setup?SilV3RSix

ISP-Onetel

Make-Philips

Sometimes wireless routers can act funky when using an ethernet cable for some reason... But try looking at your DHCP settings.. should be under basic setup. You can access these settings by typing 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 (usually) into your web browser and then logging onto your router. The user name and password are defaulted to 'admin' for both. The specific setting I would check is 'client lease time'. It might be set too short to be of any use. Also, just make sure your DHCP server isn't set to only allow 1 or 2 users at a time, as another PC may be knocking it off the network periodically.

cant seem to find the 'client lease time' setting where abouts is that ???

SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SuP3R_TooT
my status says there are 2 dhcp clients i cannot find where i can change the number of clients ?????
SilV3RSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SilV3RSix
my status says there are 2 dhcp clients i cannot find where i can change the number of clients ?????SuP3R_TooT
can you access your router like I said? If so, there should be a page with all your DHCP settings on it.. Just look for anything that says maximum users/clients/etc/etc. If you can't find anything like that then you are going to have to look up specific router information. I have a Linksys and have never had much trouble with it, so it may be a brand thing.
SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuP3R_TooT

[QUOTE="SuP3R_TooT"]my status says there are 2 dhcp clients i cannot find where i can change the number of clients ?????SilV3RSix
can you access your router like I said? If so, there should be a page with all your DHCP settings on it.. Just look for anything that says maximum users/clients/etc/etc. If you can't find anything like that then you are going to have to look up specific router information. I have a Linksys and have never had much trouble with it, so it may be a brand thing.

the only DHCP settings i have been able to find are  DHCP server and DHCP IP adress pool neither have any tools to limit or change number of clients. i am beginning to think this myt b a router problem and that im gna have to get a linksys

SilV3RSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SilV3RSix
well at least hunt around the makers website for a few minutes.... search dropping problems, etc. etc... you'd be amazed how comon some issues are.
SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SuP3R_TooT

well at least hunt around the makers website for a few minutes.... search dropping problems, etc. etc... you'd be amazed how comon some issues are.SilV3RSix

someone i know has a router so im going to try that one and see if i have any luck if not im gna b very disapointed lol

Southwind20C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Southwind20C
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
It sounds more like a connection issue to me. Check the internet for a speed test, run it. If your speed test is low, check all your DSL filters and phone jacks. Make sure you have a filter on every connected phone line. This includes direct tv boxes with phone lines plugged in. Or Cable boxes with phone lines plugged in. If all of them have filters and you are still getting bad speed test, call the company, give them the "WTF" speech, and make em fix it.
SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuP3R_TooT

It sounds more like a connection issue to me. Check the internet for a speed test, run it. If your speed test is low, check all your DSL filters and phone jacks. Make sure you have a filter on every connected phone line. This includes direct tv boxes with phone lines plugged in. Or Cable boxes with phone lines plugged in. If all of them have filters and you are still getting bad speed test, call the company, give them the "WTF" speech, and make em fix it.Southwind20C

how do i do a speed test ?

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
find a speed test site or download a speed test program, google it. also, are you using a rather long phone cable?? if so that can also be an issue, if you know how to cable, make a new phone cable out of ethernet cables as it will hold the signal better over a longer distance then your normal phone line. that fixed my drop out issues. Also, Im sure you may have already done this, but restart your router..
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

If your using a modem connection

Let your 360 find your connection automaticly

1.Unplug modem from power leave for about 3 mins
2.Connect ethernet cable to modem
3.Plug modem back in
4.Turn on your XBOX 360

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
That happened to me for a few hours but then it just stopped. Dunno what the deal was though. =[
SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuP3R_TooT
iv just done the speed test and it says my download is 485kbps   and upload is 242 kbps is that good or bad. btw i have a 1meg connection if that  makes a difference
SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuP3R_TooT

iv just done the speed test and it says my download is 485kbps   and upload is 242 kbps is that good or bad. btw i have a 1meg connection if that  makes a differenceSuP3R_TooT

is that a good or bad speed test result???

MrMagoo2U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrMagoo2U
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
That is really bad. You can't play on a connection like that. I have cable. It is 6,000 kbps down and 1,500 kb upload. I think you need to talk to your dsl provider and up the connection to a 3.0 megabyte download.