What is your favorite battle in the Pacific theater?

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Iffy350
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I think my personal favorite battle was The Battle of Midway because of the victorious air battle that ended with the sinking or the damaging of many Japanese Carriers! It was a great tactical achievement. A major tactical error was made by the Japanese when they decided to arm their fighters and bombers for a counter attack; this occurred right as the American dive bombers and torpedo planes were about to launch their attack run on the enemy carrier formation. The bombs and fuel added to the sever damage caused to the Japanese carriers by the American attack!

I think this information is correct! This might not be, this is directly from my head!
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WWIIWarrior
Member since 2004 • 8622 Posts
Either Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima or Leyte Gulf. I can't choose.
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WWIIWarrior
Hey the Americans weren't ready for war. The Japanese were at it since 1937. They were extremely battle hardened. If Japan had the same industry America had they would have won that war in a heartbeat.
STWELCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 STWELCH
Member since 2005 • 4805 Posts
Don't have a favorite battle, because war absolutly sucks.
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WWIIWarrior
Lets say a not a favorite battle but the battle that interests you the most.
hockeyboy04343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 hockeyboy04343
Member since 2005 • 1462 Posts
Iwo Jima or Midway.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Iffy350
I like Napalm!
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Iffy350
[QUOTE="Iffy350"]I like Napalm!

Its very effective against troops but very inaffective against most post WWII armor(eg. Russian Armor)!
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WWIIWarrior

Napalm is effective against tanks. It's like sitting in a microwave when Napalm lands on you. I also agree with Icarus. Phosporus is very weird.

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Iffy350

Napalm is effective against tanks. It's like sitting in a microwave when Napalm lands on you. I also agree with Icarus. Phosporus is very weird.

WWIIWarrior

Not true, the M1A1 and tanks that have chemical weapon systems that filter the air and are air tight are indeed napalm proof! The M1A1 can repel an RPG-7 attack! Same is true for T-60's, T-72's, T-80's and T-90's!
Avatar image for Suddenstriker52
Suddenstriker52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Suddenstriker52
Member since 2005 • 996 Posts

Are u sure it when that guy was giving coordniates for the air strikes and he accidently had his own guys napalm. I don't remember anyone that got hit by an incendiary grenade, but I remember a guy that got hit by a phosphorous gernade. By the way I don't think that phosphorous gernade can do that because they react with water. That is why u see a guy that got hit by one of those trying to get the fragment of those gernades out of him.

Avatar image for fullmetalbullet
fullmetalbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 fullmetalbullet
Member since 2004 • 6360 Posts
Interesting fact about Napalm, the first and only war to use real Napalm in battle was in WWII. After that the United States used Benzene and Polystyrene and called it Napalm B, despite the fact that the Napalm B didn't include the same chemicals used in the original Napalm. The chemicals in the original were NAphthenic and PALMatic. If anything the newer Napalm should be called 'Bepoly' (Lol)

Anyways, the most interesting battle in the Pacific IMO is Iwo Jima, amazing how so much death can happen on such a small island.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Iffy350
[QUOTE="Icarus405"] Well, i mean't that usually when people say napalm, they think of Vietnam, since there it was most widely used i think...

That movie with Mell Gibson is awesome! That helecopter got toasted by rifle fire; they didn't use RPG-7's on the helecopters when they were unloading!

I would also hate to be that last NVA guy who was a commander and sent all of his troops off to die, five thousand if im not mistaking! It would suck to be alive after that!
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WWIIWarrior
They didn't care how many people died.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Iffy350
[QUOTE="Icarus405"] [QUOTE="Iffy350"] [QUOTE="Icarus405"] Well, i mean't that usually when people say napalm, they think of Vietnam, since there it was most widely used i think...

That movie with Mell Gibson is awesome! That helecopter got toasted by rifle fire; they didn't use RPG-7's on the helecopters when they were unloading!

I would also hate to be that last NVA guy who was a commander and sent all of his troops off to die, five thousand if im not mistaking! It would suck to be alive after that!

Stalin sent 10 million to die (the had the choice to kill and be killed by the enemy, or not to kill and be killed by their commanding officers) and he didn't mind, just kept on smoking his pipe till he died of natural causes somewhere in the fifties... Stalin has said: "In the soviet army, it takes more courage to retreat than attack."...

Are you sure your not quoteing the french?
kampfg_peiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 kampfg_peiper
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts
Not sure if you would call it a Major Battle, but mine would be the final Mission of the H.I.M.S. Yamato. What it would ofe been like to be there. This fight marked the True Death of the Battleship as the Master of the Sea.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Iffy350
They run away don't they? BTW, I thought people who ran away from the russian front line were usually shot!
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Iffy350
[QUOTE="Icarus405"]What the heck are you talking about? The quote means that in the soviet army you will have a better chance of survival by attacking, rather than retreating and getting shot at by your own comissars. And what do the French have to do with the eastern front?

I wa joking but seriously you need to chill out . . . The US would have lost the American revolutionary war if the French hadn't sunken a fleet with 5000(might be 2000) british reinforcements!
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WWIIWarrior

[QUOTE="Icarus405"]What the heck are you talking about? The quote means that in the soviet army you will have a better chance of survival by attacking, rather than retreating and getting shot at by your own comissars. And what do the French have to do with the eastern front? Iffy350

I wa joking but seriously you need to chill out . . . The US would have lost the American revolutionary war if the French hadn't sunken a fleet with 5000(might be 2000) british reinforcements!

The American revolution is what technically got France into her revolution. Military aid by the French cost them a lot of money they didn't have.

Sgt5thboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#32 Sgt5thboard
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts
Tarawa,Iwo Jima and Midway