Heershreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Heershreck
Member since 2005 • 76 Posts

Imagine a historical FPS game, one which allows the player to explore all the what-ifs of history.  As the British, one might be able to drive tanks to Arhnem, secure the bridges, and end the war by Christmas, rather than what the history tell us. As the Germans, one might be able to beat the British at El Alamien and drive on to Alexandria. This is just a WWII example. It could work for anything!

This would work like a flow chart. If one beat mission A then one goes on to mission B, but if one doesn't beat mission A then one goes to mission C.Then, if one failed mission B you could go back to mission A, but then if one win, one would go to mission D. Finally, if one succeeded in mission C , then one might go back to mission A, but if one failed one would go on to mission E. For example, mission A is to take a town. If the player succeeds, then thier next mission, mission B, would be to defend the town they captured. If they beat that mission, they would go on to mission D, to capture a bridge, but if they failed mission B, then they would go back to mission A, and they would have to retake the town. If they lost then they would go on to mission C, which would be to defend the spot from which they launched the attack on the town. If they lost then they would go on to mission E, to recapture the terrain they just lost, but if they succeeded then they would go back to mission A, to take a town. One would not always go back to mission A after beating/failing missions C/B. Using that, after beating/failing missions C/B one could go on to completely different missions. Such as after beating mission C one might attack a supply dump instead, or after failing mission B one might clear out a forest near the village. This would eliminate going back and forth between missions. If something was critical to the war effort, then instead of the player trying to take it over and over again, after you try to take the town once or twice and failed then you would get a message that read: Your company has sustained high causalities and is being pulled from the front lines and will return once reinforced. The computer would decide if the town was taken or not and you would just pick up from that. As a way to prevent having to retake the town if town was not taken in by the computer, your missions would be elsewhere with expected lighter resistance as a way to battle harden your new recruits.

While playing the player is allowed only a certain amount of deaths to complete the mission. The number of deaths would vary upon difficulty. They go as follows:

Easy-15 deaths

Medium-10 deaths

Hard-5 deaths

Authentic-1 or 2 deaths

The squad will also recieve rewards if one completes a certain number of missions in a row. The rewards might be a machine gun team, a mortar team, or a artillery/airplane spotter.In contrast, if a player loses to many missions in a row, they will lose thier rewards, should they have any.

Finally, the enemy would never be in the same place twice, and this means that the player must not only develop a strategy while in combat, but formulate it in a certain amount of time(due to the deaths, and such immenince). Having a completely interactive enviorment would help as such: Say one must continually attack a town (for whatever reason). The first attack would not be the same as the second because the enviorment would have been changed by previous missions and attacks, as well as unseen NPC actions. Perhaps that machine gun position in the bell tower is gone because the player blew it up last time around. The completly interactive enviorment would included the ability to explore the local area to a great extent, intereacting with anything, from the enemy machine guns to the farmer's dinner plates.

These features create a game that feels gritty, realistic, and involving. Done correctly, these features give the game a much greater replay value than linear games.

hockeyboy04343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 hockeyboy04343
Member since 2005 • 1462 Posts
Cool idea
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Hmm... that sounds like a good idea, especially given the present staleness of the WWII fps genre. And by the way, hi everyone! (this is my first post here).
STWELCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 STWELCH
Member since 2005 • 4805 Posts

Hmm... that sounds like a good idea, especially given the present staleness of the WWII fps genre. And by the way, hi everyone! (this is my first post here).Funkyhamster

Glad to have you aboard.

WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WWIIWarrior
Member since 2004 • 8622 Posts
Yes we are. I like this idea a lot. I suggest you send it to some devs. Maybe Infinity Ware or Grey Matter.
Heershreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heershreck
Member since 2005 • 76 Posts

Already sent it to Infinity Ward and whoever else made FPS's that were rated good by GS. 

Still no answers yet.

WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WWIIWarrior
Ya they either don't respond or say no. I begged Activision for supporting out Call of Duty series Union but they said no. Would it hurt them to support it?
Avatar image for Suddenstriker52
Suddenstriker52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Suddenstriker52
Member since 2005 • 996 Posts
They might be doing something like that that in medal of honor airborne because it suppose to have free roaming environment.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Iffy350
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Where is my Medal of Honor: Vietnam! They need this and a game like Il-2 with all airforces that is about vietnam! I wan't to fly as the ARVN or NVAF! Maybe they can add a Dien Ben Phu level where you can play as the french or the NVAF! It needs to have all of the planes; including B-52's and La-9's!
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WWIIWarrior
That would be nice.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Iffy350
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
[QUOTE="Icarus405"]I think that developers are just way too lazy to make a game as big as this. And i don't support your idea of making history bendable, but i like your other ideas. If you want a good WW-2 Tactical Shooter, try Hidden and Dangerous 2, if you haven't allready. I wrote a review about it, check it out...

Are you referring to me?
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WWIIWarrior
Any more comments on his idea?
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WWIIWarrior
I agree there. Though it would be kinda fun to win the Battle of Britain and commence Operation Seelöwe(Sealion).
WWIIWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WWIIWarrior
No I don't. I do know the Operations in German though:D I know basic rudementary German. Enough to get my by a small conversation. I do speak Polish, English fluently, am taking Spanish and will take Latin and French.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lewuz
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts
Developers usually don't react on game ideas. They are afraid that there will be misunderstandings and project ends up in court.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lewuz
US government? i don't understand. i'm on vacation and haven't read much of news. Have i missed something? Sure, US government has their eyes an almost everything but what do you mean exactly?
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lewuz
u mean that? nah... government don't care. there are just some mad activists who tries to make themself a name and be a hero in parent's eyes who cares more of their kids. Jack Thompson is one of those as i've understand. us government is paranoid, they keep their eyes on "terrorists" and such. video games are too small matter to take it seriously. And no one is after Rockstar. Besides Rockstar is owned by Take2 Interactive. There are to much money involved. But ok, this is not related with topic.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lewuz
yeah. they speak about things but they don't know anything about those. most think that games are for kids.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lewuz
80% only? i would guess that more, but i don't know everyone.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lewuz
oh, i had such conversations also.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 caseywokos
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

It's because of Jack Thompson, he gets stupid soccer moms and old people to believe his stories so that he can sue Rockstar for all of their money.  All of this happened becauseof two incidences where people got shot.  And I have to say this"when you have a game that sells millions of copies, you're bound to get crazy people play them.  Now look at it this way, tons of people go to visit Niagara Falls all of the time, and we have some going down it in barrels.  Does that mean that we should plug up the falls so that people can't even see it anymore."  I would love to see that Thompson's face at that one.  Roughly one in 28,000 people is completely crazy, so in that case I'd say that the odds should actually be stacked against you, Mr. Thompson.  Just because a few crazy people get behind the wheel of this game, doesn't mean punishing the rest of us.  And oh, that doesn't support your argument that young teens are getting there hands on these games without the the seller asking for parental permission.  I've never gone to a store where I  have not only had to ask for my parents acknowledgement, but had to be criticized in addition. Even though I live in an extremely liberal area, and I'm almost 17.  All that you are doing, Mr. Thompson, is praying on the weak-minded, elderly, and overprotective so that you can make some extra money.

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lewuz
i agree. but there are always morons and Jack Thompson is one of them.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lewuz
:D what i nice dream :D
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lewuz
no, i haven't. i don't have time to watch TV. if i can i watch married with children, simpsons or stlk, but it's rare.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lewuz
i've heard about such newpaper like Kesknädal but haven't seen this picture. i looked their internet site right now. there are no pictures either but every sentence i read in this 5 minutes was terrible! indeed, Keskerakond is sick party.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lewuz
don't bother with scaning. i'm no fan of politics. and i don't care much.