LuNcHbOx313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LuNcHbOx313
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts

Yeah, so we all know about CoD 3 being on consoles and all the feelings toward it.  Now it will take me a while to find the link again but it has be confirmed that infinty ward is currently working on CoD 4 and they are taking the BF2142 route and making it modern.  It wont be in the far into future but instead of garands we get M4's and M16's, and they dont know if they are going for a fictional story or if they are going the Iraq route.  So while ps3 and the 360 get CoD3 we get CoD4.  Should be out fall 07.

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lewuz
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts
somehow i believe PC owners will get CoD3 also, maybe just a bit later. i've watched the game market a long time and i have an instinct based on what i've seen. but i may be wrong of course. about CoD4. i guess this rumor was in the beginning of the year already. i mean that cod4 is in modern day shooter, that they walk in Batllefield's steps. well, i don't know. i hope they stick in WWII, but if they absolutly have to go on modern then ok. i follow. if cod series will go into far future or sci-fi, then i'm furious.
LuNcHbOx313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LuNcHbOx313
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts
Oh I agree.  If I see a laser gun anywhere near the name CoD i'm gonna be pissed.  I wish they would keep it WW2 but it seems like they gonna go another route.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lewuz
in games i usually don't care who i kill (as far as they are enemies) but when talking about iraq then i wouldn't like to play latest gulf war. iraq people fight for their country, for their independence but americans with it's followers names such warriors terrorists and kill and jail them. american and british and even estonians are there to take control (acctually occupie) on foreign country and steal their natural resorce - OIL. of course i'm no fan of hussein and his maniac sons but every country should find it's own solution for problems not some arrogant american politics will go "free" the countries people. it's another world, another culture but Bush and his donkies don't understand that. of course oil and money is more important for them. americans greed and arrogance and hunger of world domination eventually destroy them, possibly within.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lewuz
conflict: desert storm and conflict: desert storm 2 is about first gulf war. good games, but bit uncomfortable and buggy.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lewuz
"Delta Force 5: Black Hawk Down" and "Army Ranger: Mogadishu" (it have another name too given by another publisher) already are here!
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lewuz
i guess there aren't enough material to do CoD. CoD's are with different battles, in Somalia there weren't so many and great battles in my knowledge. but everything is possible.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lewuz
no, sry. finished long time ago and gave 'em away. by the way, BHD was first game which i reviewed. :P i got team sabres PS2 version about week ago but gave it away.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lewuz
BHD took me couple of days but back then i was "rooike" gamer too. "Delta Force 5: Black Hawk Down" was my 20th (or so) game what i finished. nowdays it's usual to play one game per day. today i plan to finish "Made Man". actualy i made first level before i got sleep, about one o'clock, but still.
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#17 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts
Oh I agree. If I see a laser gun anywhere near the name CoD i'm gonna be pissed. I wish they would keep it WW2 but it seems like they gonna go another route.LuNcHbOx313

i agree
EvilStealth64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 EvilStealth64
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts
im actually having trouble with BHD 4 the ps2, its quite funny because i NEVER have trouble with shooters, i forget what mission im on because its so frustrating i havent played it in a while....
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lewuz
BHD for PC was hard too but Team Sabre was even more challenging.
Desola01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Desola01
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts
I dunno I cant picture a COD game in Modern times i wish they would stay in WW2 but there isint much more to cover eccpt the Paific Thater and maby after that they could go to a Korean war game and so on go up or maby they could do a WW1 game
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 caseywokos
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts
They should just try doing a version in the Pacific, as many of you have stated already.  I think a Call of Duty game based in the Pacific could really turn out great, and Call of Duty's pros would all fit into it perfectly and could make up for all of the cons of the recent WWII Pacific theatre games we've seen lately. 
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lewuz
sorry, but i can't understand what u are talking about? Does "Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault" was realy so bad game? i don't agree. also most reviewers (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/medalofhonorpacificassault/review.html?mode=web). maybe the game didn't sell so good as mohaa but so? if u think u have seen bad Pacific Theatre FPS, then are u played: Elite Forces: WWII Iwo Jima WWII Combat: Iwo Jima But those are budget titles and u should count them as such low quality c**p. Although outstanding PT budget was Deadly Dozen 2: Pacific Theater. I guess there are no more WWII PT FPSes, if u don't count few missions (like H&D2 (or was it expansion?) ) has. PT may be succsesful place to play also. look how many flight sims and strategies are there. and we soon get another one: Battlestations: Midway.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 caseywokos

I guess I forgot about MoH PA, and all of the flight sims, but none of the other shooters were good or accurate.  With CoD I can guarantee you will see more accurate missions, and more armor action.

m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 m1rock
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
I would love to see the pacific theater done using a setup like FarCry.   If any of you guys have played that game then you know what im talking about.   the island is HUGE and you can travel almost anywhere without having to sacrifice the density of the jungle enviroments.  Imagine.   one part Call of Duty 2 (game mechanics action ect.), one part Band of Brothers (ability to lead a squad or a tank, also more realisim), and one part  FarCry( Huge Island maps with vechicals, waterfalls, ocean, and almost totally open ended with a griping story.)  It would be one of the best WWII games EVER.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 caseywokos
Yeah, but it would be pretty fictional.
m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 m1rock
noo, you dont understand.  not like FarCry with the monsters and stuff, but like farcry with the huge Islands and large areas to cover with infinate ways of assulting objectives.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 caseywokos
I could see the MoH people doing something like that, but still not the CoD people.
m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 m1rock
Take the time?  according to me the guys that did Far Cry already did it.  dang near. 
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lewuz
still it would be fictional. what soldier (or his squad) wondered in jungle? maybe as patrol but just one patrol don't assault enemy's base. u have there little idea and i believe it could be done somehow but right now i can't imagine how and anyway it would be fiction.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lewuz
developing game always takes time. but i guess in open terrain games are less scripting of events (just feels so, don't know exactly) and there u can save time. but optimizing level, terrains, foliage in battle ground takes time. designer have to think more like MP map maker because neither side can't own big advantage. also the AI must be better than usual because they have to navigate. and so on.
m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 m1rock
still it would be fictional. what soldier (or his squad) wondered in jungle? maybe as patrol but just one patrol don't assault enemy's base. u have there little idea and i believe it could be done somehow but right now i can't imagine how and anyway it would be fiction.lewuz

Fictional?   Ever hear of the Marine Raiders or the Army Rangers in the Pacific? Alot of the firefights in the pacific didnt consist of huge battles with thousands of troops.  Say you were in a Marine raider or scout squad.  It would be accurate.  Not much different then clearing areas with a three man fire team  like in brothers in arms.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 caseywokos
It's not a bad idea, but still it sounds like something that the Medal of Honor people would do. Having huge battles and swarms of soldiers all around you is basically what Call of Duty is all about.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lewuz
and Medal of Honor guys already visited Pacific with MoHPA.
m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 m1rock
Hmmm call of duty does this MOH does that. Id like to see someone mix the two. Smaller squad tactics on some levels large battles on others. Just like a real war. Small combat partols like the fighting in guadalcanal for some levels, full on large scale semi-scripted battles like the landing on Iwo Jima for other scenes. And to say the pacific was done and all that with HOH Pacific Assault is rediculouse. Thats like saying the European theater was done with Allied Assault. Granted PA was a good game but there is so much that should have been done better. It was way to scripted, the aiming is kinda messed up (can shoot more accurate without using the iron sites?) and the fact that your sqaudmembers couldnt die. (Kinda defeated the point of being able to drag them to saftey. I think that if a company wanted to they could make a Pacific Theater Historical FPS better then any of the long list of European theater conflict games out right now. Hopefully films like Letters from Iwo Jima might spur an intrest in this neglected theater. 8)
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 caseywokos

good point.