Call of Duty from German point of view or in the Pacific Theater.

Tomdude747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Tomdude747
Member since 2004 • 24 Posts
What would you think of Call of Duty (the best WW2 FPS game out there) where you play as Germans in single player? Or in the pacific theater. I feel they are running out of battles or doing them over again and again. Every other WW2 FPS has messed up the pacific theater, especially Medal of Honor Rising Sun and Pacific Assault. Battlefield 1942 was ok but still, I think Cod should cover the Pacific too especially since they did a good job on the flame thrower in COD:UF.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lewuz
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts
i guess that it would be ok to play as german in CoD. I recently played one great (least i think so) tank game "Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory" and there was first chapter with german. Yes, like in CoD then there was similar chapters. Another 2 was with russian and american. In war usual german soldier was like every human being. They had own point of view, they also had parents, girlfriends and wifes waiting them at home. They fought to protect their country and those who was dear for them. I guess there were few of them who fought mainly for Hitler and his idealogy.
EvilStealth64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 EvilStealth64
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts
yea way 2 say it lewuz (r u in my ww2 union with Bradjt9 as the leader??) it would b cool
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lewuz
yea way 2 say it lewuz (r u in my ww2 union with Bradjt9 as the leader??) it would b coolEvilStealth64
i'm trackin' your union, evilstealth64 but i haven't joined jet.
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#5 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts
i think it would be good but just not in the cod series
01chodgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 01chodgs
Member since 2004 • 261 Posts
Pacific CoD- yes     German CoD- ?
commando8535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 commando8535
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts
What would you think of Call of Duty (the best WW2 FPS game out there) where you play as Germans in single player? Or in the pacific theater. I feel they are running out of battles or doing them over again and again. Every other WW2 FPS has messed up the pacific theater, especially Medal of Honor Rising Sun and Pacific Assault. Battlefield 1942 was ok but still, I think Cod should cover the Pacific too especially since they did a good job on the flame thrower in COD:UF. Tomdude747

As I've posted in several other unions.

Developers have to be real careful when creating a German or Japanese Point of View for WW2, due to the nature of the subject they would be subjected too various criticisms.

I don't see a problem creating an FPS about the ordinary German Wehrmacht or the Fallschirmjager, as they were just doing their duty (similar to the Allied soldiers), I don't see a problem creating a game based on the Africa Corps or German Luftwaffe. There will be problems if a developer creates a game from an SS soldier's POV. (I don't have to explain)

As for a Japanese POV, that would be an extremely touchy subject, the ordinary Japanese soldier was not in anyway similar to a German or a British soldier. The Japanese Army back in WW2 followed the Samurai's code of ethics (similar to the Medival Knight's code of Chivalry). Bushido took being a soldier a little too far (I'm a soldier, and I've read Bushido and believe me, it takes it alittle too far). Japanese soldiers were taught Never to Surrender, that surrender would bring shame to their families and it was their patriotic duty to protect the emperor and the mainland from all foreign invaders. Anyways make a long story short; if a game developer created a game based on the Japanese POV they WOULD have to include the various war crimes committed by the Japanese, let's face it a game isn't a movie a game immerses a player in that realm.

I agree WW2 games should shift from Normandy (not to say that Normandy isn't important) but every game is the same textures, scenary and objectives. I'd like to see a developer tackle the Italian front, Operation Market Garden, Bastogne, Battle of the Rhineland well. Maybe from the eyes of a resistance soldier or as a Commando (FSSF).
EvilStealth64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 EvilStealth64
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts
boy, commando u said exactly what i was thinking, but what lcaurus405 said is also true
commando8535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 commando8535
The russians weren't any better than the nazis or japanese, but developers had no problems adding the russians into Call of Duty.
Icarus405

Yes the Russians were implemented in CoD, however many gamers and many people in general have really no clue about the war crimes committed by the Russians. With the exception of "shooting" their own.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 caseywokos
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts
I've already played a game that does this called WWII Fighters, it turned out really great.  I'm for it.
commando8535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 commando8535
I've already played a game that does this called WWII Fighters, it turned out really great. I'm for it.caseywokos

I have that game, but you see that's about Japanese Aviators not soldiers. It would be ok to create a game about the Japanese Navy or Air Force because well no one knows anything about them, but the Army and all it's past history....
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 caseywokos
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts
That could gain it a lot of publicity then.
01chodgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 01chodgs
The poles, paras, sas, Canadians etc are in CoD3 but they aren't know for being brutal to POWs' etc, but I'm not bothered about playing as a *** or german just against em in a different area.
Desola01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Desola01
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts
I think its a good idea if we were on the German side it would give you a different view on the war and i would also liek to see a good game on the Pacicifc Theater and I think COD could probally do a good job on it or Gearbox
01chodgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 01chodgs

So do I it needs to be done.

commando8535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 commando8535
I'm not bothered about playing as a *** or german just against em in a different area.01chodgs

That's the problem, various groups would be offended if a game were made about the Japanese or German SS, It's like making a game where your a terrorist fighting UN Forces. Something things are just political minefields that companies don't want to cross.

Desola01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Desola01
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts
I dont now why they cant i mean online they you can be a german killing americans so if thats not a problem why cant they make a game about be on the germans team and about the terroists killing UN troops thing BF2 has a terroist team along with other games and they havent got in much trouble
01chodgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 01chodgs

I dont now why they cant i mean online they you can be a german killing americans so if thats not a problem why cant they make a game about be on the germans team and about the terroists killing UN troops thing BF2 has a terroist team along with other games and they havent got in much troubleDesola01

Thats a good point why cud you do it online and not offline I don't see a difference.

commando8535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 commando8535
It also depends on what most people know...Icarus405

I agree, Online there is no storyline to follow it's just mere harmless fun. In most of these games it's right vs. wrong, good vs. evil (everyone knows that the Allies are all "honey and sugar" not everyone knows that the Allies had there fair share of mistreatment of prisoners because it has been overshadowed by the Axis)

Like I said it's a political minefield.

01chodgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 01chodgs
Yeah I see now, it's complicated basically.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lewuz
like estonia? :P brother against brother...