HyperMetaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 HyperMetaDragon
Member since 2006 • 5345 Posts
Awesome stuff, you should post it in your blog for the Soapbox.
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
Done and thanks for letting me know over MSN as to what that exactly means :)
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Nice editorial. I don't know much about the case but I'v egot to agree with you about Innocent untill proven guilty though I don't think we're presuming people guilty before it's proven they are anymore than we have in the past. And facts can easily be manipulated*. ;)

I can't be bothered to go and get some evidence to back up this statement which is somewhat ironic. :D

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sparky-05

And facts can easily be manipulated*. ;)Foolz3h

You can manipulate facts in the sense that what is shown is different from the fact itself. However, that is merely an illusion of what the fact is, not the reality of it. A fact in terms of it's pure essense cannot be manipulated because it is a constant. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a fact.

Avatar image for HyperMetaDragon
HyperMetaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 HyperMetaDragon
Member since 2006 • 5345 Posts

[QUOTE="Foolz3h"]And facts can easily be manipulated*. ;)Sparky-05

You can manipulate facts in the sense that what is shown is different from the fact itself. However, that is merely an illusion of what the fact is, not the reality of it. A fact in terms of it's pure essense cannot be manipulated because it is a constant. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a fact.

Well, take a biased newspaper. If the author took a quote and removed part of it, I suppose that, if the fact is still correct, it's still a fact, with a biased twist on it.

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sparky-05

Well, take a biased newspaper. If the author took a quote and removed part of it, I suppose that, if the fact is still correct, it's still a fact, with a biased twist on it. HyperMetaDragon

And thus manipulated. A perfect example of this is the crappy movies that put in their previews ... "a fantastic show ... " when in reality the article could have said something regarding an actor being excellent despite it being a crappy movie. Manipulating the facts, can be described in the media as only taking part of the facts and twisting them to give them a different meaning