fairygirl116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fairygirl116
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts
As You see I can't belive Gamespot had to go and give the legend trilogy bad reviews! I just can't belive it! They called both of them "great flops! I think the so called "wooden acting" is great! you can see the characters emotion come to life throught the expresions vioce acting! tI don't think the characters are really really hateble. If you look at Spyro and Cynder! you feel for them for their feelings for eachother and grow to like them and feel sorry for what their must put up with. Hunter is just so cool on how he trusts the dragons and becomes good friends with Spyro and Cynder. and Sparx...well he be annoying(to some) but you can't help but laugh at him!. And the story...Amazing with lots of twists. sure many games have followed the path of story but if you look at the characters and background and flow...it's totally diffrent. look at many games like Diablo, Final fantasy and king's bounty and many fantasy games...they used the same fantasy build up but no one complained about them. like Spyro they used the same fantsy story on the outside but were diffrent on the inside. Remember..never judge a book by it's cover
LittleGreenDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 LittleGreenDog
Member since 2006 • 7367 Posts
I agree with you. Critics everywhere are bashing this game because it "isn't like the classic Spyro games." They are simply still living in the past. The best way is to just think what you think about the games and leave it as that.
Dragon66116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Dragon66116
Member since 2007 • 25536 Posts
I'm not voting, since there isn't a "maybe" option. It's not that I don't like the LOS games, I just find the originals way better. Dawn of the Dragon was pretty good but A New Beginning and The Eternal Night weren't really that good.
LowndesUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LowndesUK
Member since 2009 • 736 Posts

That's reason A why critcs (all of them) should never be taken seriously. Gone are the days of the good ol' fashioned reviewers that are fair and award games on their own merits. Today, they're all just the biased 'hardcore' type that can only compare things 'cuz it's what everyone else is doing'. (IGN being the worst offenders by far)

Just stick with what the true critics say- i.e. us gamers ourselves ;)

9weerwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 9weerwolf
Member since 2006 • 1742 Posts

I agreed with you Fairygirl. The story of the trilogy may not be SUPER ORIGINAL, but I think it is well written! Suuuuuuure, it's once again light vs. darkness, but things in the LoS games can be so well written at times!

I've only played DotD, but THAT is a good game! It made me think of the old Spyro, and it made me feel nostalgic in a way... I think it's because of what the trilogy has done to our purple hero Spyro. From little, cute to heroic and fierce, THAT is just amazing. TLOS should deserve more respect from the fans, if all they can only whine, then they should stop being a Spyro fan as well!

TLoS saved Spyro's butt, for crying out loud! (ANOTHER ETD RANT)

Enter the Dragonfly almost ment the end for Spyro, I DID enjoy it, but I cannot deny that there were annoying flaws. While it does deserve a remake, some people may rather forget Enter the Dragonfly and look at what the future has in store for us. Which I do, however, I WON'T forget ETD, it made me have a great time in my younger days so I thank that old game, how broken it may be..

Then we have A Hero's Tail, I never played it, but from what I've seen, it doesn't keep my intrest. Plus, our purple hero sounds like a geek! And what's up with the bosses saying "You have defeated me" before their life meter's even empty!? Now THAT just doesn't make any sense. Plus that the storyline's more like an "Oh dear, world into darkness thanks to traitor" thing. The LOS trilogy has this as well, but better written. And the fact that the LoS games feel like chapters in a book, fascinates me. I hope to see more of Sierra's reboot that our Spyro deserves, long time Spyro fans should stop living in the past and move the heck on!!

Respect Legend of Spyro! 

Avatar image for Ultimate__Gamer
Ultimate__Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Ultimate__Gamer
Member since 2006 • 655 Posts
I have to totally disagree. I grew up with the original trilogy of Spyro games, and they are some of the best games I ever played. The recent 3 games deserve the criticism they have garnered. Back before sometime in the last decade or so, if a game had plot, it was an RPG and the gameplay was much more prevalent than the story. Many games' plots were contained solely within their instruction manuals. Some had good plots; I don't deny it, but the plot was a secondary or even tertiary part of the gaming experience. And while I understand that you are "ranting" and rants don't necessarily need to be sensible, basically all you are saying is that the GS people were judging the book by its cover. It's obvious that they played the game by their reviews. The reviews consist of mostly criticism of the games content, which you didn't talk about at all. You defended the game without giving a reason. Why die for a cause when you can't give a reason why your cause is better than others'? You talk about how awesome the characters are and how awesome Spyro and Cynder's relationship is. If you want to see some awesome characters, go watch Lord of the Rings instead of playing the game that was derived from the movie.
9weerwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 9weerwolf

^ Hey newcomer, welcome to the union! Well, here's my opinion of why I think TloS (or at least Dawn of the Dragon) is better;

Darker and serious: While not really executed flawlessly, I liked the direction LoS was taking. They took the cuddly Spyro, changed some things and brought a Hero inside him. While all three games (and DotD especially) are rather dark and more mature, I think they made the Spyro series evolve. Some may say it's a bad thing, some may say it's a good thing. I'd say it's good, but not perfect. Then again, I don't believe in perfect. But the LoS series could use SOME improvements.

More plot: Though the story may be cliche and rather unoriginal, I like how story based Dawn of the Dragon is. The characters, their roles, they feel like they're there for a reason. The characters are intresting as well, instead of kiddy designs like in the previous 3 games, the characters are like evolved for us older gamers. So that we are intrested. Though, Sierra could've written another plot for the trilogy, I mean, seriously, there are ENDLESS possibilities!

Characters and their development: Not all characters get developed, but if you take a look at Cynder, you'd say she definately had her character development. From being Malefor's puppet, Cynder became a loyal companion to Spyro. And Sparx actually became funny in TloS: DotD, instead of sarcastic and insensitive. Back in the previous two LoS games, I also found he kind of whined. I haven't played them, but from what I've seen in gameplay vids and cutscenes, Sparx is pretty annoying. (I only have Dawn of the Dragon.)

But about The Legend of Spyro, if you're intrested, Ultimate Gamer, I've created a topic a while ago, and it's about my version of Sierra's Spyro trilogy. It has a completely different plot, world similair to Spyro 1 and a balance between combat & platforming. (Though the combat's different than that in the LoS trilogy and there's less of it in my version of the trilogy.) Lets compare the plots of both LoS trilogies;

Sierra's Trilogy: After a huge war, Dark Master Malefor was sealed in Convexity, until the heroes Spyro & Sparx face Cynder, and fight each other! Spyro defeats Cynder, who STILL manages to free Malefor! Convexity starts to fall apart, and as naive as Spyro is, the dragon was right to save Cynder. Then the Eternal Night falls, Cynder feels guilt for what she's done and runs off. Spyro regains elemental breaths thanks to dreams caused by The Chronicler, who he meets later. Then, finally inside the Mountain of Malefor, Spyro faces Gaul, but falls into a beam of light, transforming him into Dark Spyro! Spyro defeats Gaul, who had captured Cynder, flies back to Sparx & Cynder, who help him outta his dark form, and before the Well of Souls fell apart, Spyro saved his friends & himself by freezing themselves in time. Then DotD happens.

cont. in next post

9weerwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 9weerwolf

Cont. from ^

MY trilogy: Many years after A Hero's Tail, a new Spyro was born. He later learns that meteorites are crashing into the Artisans World, Spyro gets the other dragons and his father Ignitus into safety and finds a way into the LoS Universe. After traveling from his world into the LoS Universe, and vice versa, Spyro gets INSIDE the meteorite, and fights the so-called "Heart of the Meteorite"! He defeats this so-called heart, who steals a previous form of Spyro who later gets out of the meteorite, returns in the Artisans World, which seems to be exploding!!! Malefor (who's a good guy in my trilogy) sents our purple hero, Sparx & Ignitus into a different world. They remain in there for a few years, and end up in space!, learning that their old world's destructed. After mourning the rest of their families and their friends, Spyro meets Brave Soul, a lion-creature who claims to be Spyro's other side. After a long while, Spyro meets a dragon named Lucas. Lucas is Spyro's Uncle, and he joins the team. A long and challenging adventure follows, and during that adventure, our heroes get to hear about a planet of insanity called Riyana! Planet Riyana was once Malefor's 'archenemy' in a manor of speak, Malefor tried to let meteorites crash on Riyana, who took Malefor's meteorites away from him, and sent those to the other planets, using them all as a time bomb, hoping it'll have enough power to destroy the entire UNIVERSE..! After the LOOOOOOOOOOOONG adventure, our purple hero & his friends get on Planet Riyana and face Red, the fallen dragon. He claims to be a warrior of a goop named PhanDark, which was created by Malefor! Unfortunately, Red misunderstood the use of PhanDark and thought it was suitable for evil, which was NOT the case! With pain in their hearts, Spyro & his friends defeat Red, knowing he wasn't truly evil but there was no other option. Then the 3rd and final game happens, but what NOBODY knows is that Planet Riyana holds a truly shocking truth.

See? Both trilogies have different plots, so please don't think I'm ripping off something, Ultimate Gamer. ;) 

Avatar image for Ultimate__Gamer
Ultimate__Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Ultimate__Gamer
Member since 2006 • 655 Posts
I understand how you could like the plot of tlos, as its obvious that you have different tastes from mine, but I personally don't find anything interesting in it. My main problem with tlos is too much story (not just a bad plot) and too much repetitive combat. If I wanted a good story I could just read a book or watch a good movie instead of slogging through hours of highly monotonous combat for a half-baked plot. The original Spyro featured mostly platforming and minimal combat. While you did have to kill quite a few enemies it was maybe 30 per level, not hordes of bad guys. The latter 2 games in the original trilogy contained platforming, the same minimal combat, and loads of minigames/miniquests. And if I wanted a game that was darker and more serious, I could just play any one of the masses of games on the market that are already dark/serious. I could deal with a bad story as long as it didn't make up 90% of the content of the game and the gameplay was actually fun.
9weerwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 9weerwolf

^ Which is the reason I said the trilogy could use some improvement, because look, as I said I do NOT believe in perfect, but if Spyro's future games are going to be story based like LoS, write a BETTER plot instead of the cliche 'light vs. darkness' stuff that have been done COUNTLESS of times.

Eesh, the second game in my LoS trilogy has a COMPLETELY different theme (at least, the final boss of the 2nd game in my trilogy has); "The Understanding vs. the Misunderstanding". You want an explanation of what I mean?

As I said before, Red, who's the final boss in my 2nd LoS game, thinks that a black goop known as PhanDark, is suitable for evil uses. But what he doesn't know is that he's WRONG! PhanDark is meant to be pure, good-hearted (in a manor of speak), and protective! Heck, evil's non-existant in my trilogy!! Lets compare both trilogies once again!;

Sierra's trilogy: Building up to a great evil, escaping from his prison. That evil is the Dark Master, planning to cover the world in darkness!!

My trilogy: There are crazy, insane and 'brain dead' beings, but no evil beings. Instead of evil, you get to see people who misunderstand things, such as Red the fallen dragon, but villains such as Gnast, Ripto and the Sorceress are just there for the fans. Yes, they DO have a role in the storylines of the three games, but that is sort of hiding the fact they're fanservice.

You see? Both trilogies are completely different! Okay, my trilogy's darker as well, with the destruction of all-theme, and the blood you'll most likely notice, but at least there are LIGHT-HEARTED moments as well, such as Malefor's kind personality, Ignitus' caring for Spyro, there is some light in my trilogy.

Sierra's trilogy is more dark, sad and sometimes emotional.Â