TUGOWU Rules and Introductions. New members, read them then post.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts

Welcome to The Ultimate God Of War Union.
All new and returning members should read this.
The following links might help you in searching for links and threads in the Lost Desert of TUGOWU.

Union Compendium (lots of info/links/rules) includes:

-Gamespot Unions FAQ

-GameSpot Union Directory

-other things

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lvlUNE3B

ToS UPDATES Thread (has link to ToS itself as well)

GameSpot Terms of Service (ToS)

• The union and board is all about God Of War.
  • Feel free to create any On-topic & interesting threads, comment in other threads, etc.
  • When making an Off-topic thread. Don't forget to add *OT* in the subject of the thread.
  • Flaming, Spamming and Trolling ARE NOT allowed in this Union and Board and follow GamesSpot ToS
  • We are like a family here so be nice to every member.

Union Punishments *WIP*

Union Suspension

Union Banishment

Concerning "Union Games"
If you have an idea for a union game or a contest, PM (Private Message) the Leader your idea, and he will decide if it will be posted. Or it'll be locked. GoW related games will definitely be given higher priority.

IMPORTANT: Union Guidelines (includes current list of allowed union games)

NOTE: When uncertain about a union game we should PMSoulreavercross about it (with a link). I've just finished sending one about Witty Captaion Contest being added to the list or just plain okayed

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lvlUNE3B

Officers.gif

AS DEFINED BY TUGOWU

Officers of TUGOWU are those respected members whom the Leader trusts and are promoted from recruits. They are essentially MODs and have powers to keep the union neat and clean with a reason. If you have problem with one of your Topic, feel free to PM the Leader.

• It all depends on recruits action and manners on the basis of how much they contribute and promote the union. Then, promotion may be granted.
  • The opposite goes to officers, the less you contribute, the greater chance you will be demoted.

Union Leader/Admin

union_leader.gifClassyGent

Elder Officers/Mods

Officers/Mods

union_officer.gifMrStarkiller

union_officer.gifMrAssassin83

union_officer.gifAlucard_rules

AS DEFINED BY GAMESPOT

union_leader.gif A person who is a union leader and usually the founder, unless the title has been passed down to another person (by choice or not by choice because the leader is AWOL or was banned). The union leader sets the permissions for the union as to the officers and members authority (invites, officer powers, etc).

union_officer.gif Officers can be found in Union boards. They are the same as UCB mods. They have some powers, which are assigned by the union leader.

Transferring Union Leadership / Banned Leader

Do you want to contribute and promote TUGOWU? And yet don't know how?
Then following points might help you!

• Post on the TUGOWU's forum, here.
  • Comment, Tag and Digg our articles, here.
  • Invite friends and other members, here.
  • Add a TUGOWU Tag/Signature in your signature.
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lvlUNE3B

:Tags:

These are all of the different Sigs/Tags for TUGOWU. If you can, please put one in your sig. Also, if you want to submit your banner,tag and sig for TUGOWU then submit here.

:question: Don’t know how to add a TUGOWU sig or tag in your signature box? Then follow the steps shown below.

:arrow: Look towards the top right of any page on GameSpot and click the "prefs" link. When the preferences box pops up, click on the "Forums" section. This will bring up a what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) editor. It looked like this

If you can’t see it then you should check the WYSIWYG icon above the editor and click apply. It’ll appear now.

:arrow: Now, there are two ways of inserting images in your sig.

1. Copy and paste the code in the editor with no spaces.

For Example,
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=TUGOWU " title=" http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=TUGOWU ">http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k12/tugowu/GS%20Images/ares.png " alt=" " />
    Remember to remove spaces and click then “Apply”.

Result:
  2. Click the "Insert/Modify Image" button in the toolbar. It looks like this:

This will open up a box that will allow you to enter in the link to the TUGOWU tag/signature you want to use.
    Link:http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k12/tugowu/GS%20Images/ares.png
    Enter or copy and paste this image link in the box and click the "ok" button.

Your image should appear in the editing box.
    Highlight the image you just added and click the "Insert Web Link" button. It looks like this.

This will open up a box that will allow you to enter the link to where you want this clickable image to lead.
    Type the TUGOWU address in the box, which is http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=TUGOWU
    , and then click the "ok" button.

Congratulations, you have successfully created a clickable signature that leads to the TUGOWU. Now all you need to do is click the "Apply Changes" button.

Note: If you can’t see your tag? Then probably you are under level 3 and restricted from using HTML and BB code in your signature.
Or just give some time and check it later.

Previous Tag/Sig thread.

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lvlUNE3B

Contests
-Witty Caption Contest: Nov 7th 2008 – present

Games
-Three Word Story

Note: One contest at a time. No more then 3 Union Games at a time.

CURRENT LIST OF UNION GAMES - As of October 31st 2008

NOT ALLOWED

Creating one of these threads will cause the Topic Creator to be moderated with a point loss or suspension and those posting in the thread also run a risk of being moderated once a moderator comes across the thread one way or the other. In some instances the punishment will be more severe and users who posts in these threads as well as the topic creator may have their Profile Level reset to ZERO. The Union is question can suffer the same level reset or it can deleted altogether from GameSpot.

These threads go by various names, but the purpose of the thread remains the same. I repeat, do not create or post in any of these threads, report them or PM me the links the threads

Let's Count/ Posting game/ [Insert number here] Posting - These are threads where users just count starting from #1 and going on and on, the thread may have a numerical post limit or not.

In/Out thread/ Signing in/out thread - These threads serve no purpose all users do in them is post 'in' when they enter the union and'out' when they leave the union. Sometimes users posting 'in' and 'out' consecutively, multiple times a day.

ABC Game - Similar to the let's count game, users post the alphabeth in order. This isn't kindergarten. We all should know the alphabeth by now...I hope...

Word Game - This when someone post a word and the someone else posts another word...and so we go on

Last Letter game - This is when users post a word, then another user uses the last letter in that word to create a new word...and so on and so on

One-word story - This is when users each post one letter hoping to build a story

Backwards Posting - I haven't had many run in with this one, but these are when users post messages backwards, can be a single word or a sentence, then users spell out their word and post one of their own...and so forth

Quote Game/Build a Quote/ Largest Quote Game - These are when users start off trying to build the world's largest quote chain. This is not onlySpam, but it's extremely Disruptive!

Throw something/ban/kill the user above (or below) me/you or any other variations - Seriously now, this is when users just randomly post something to be thrown/ban/kill users. It's total spam.

Vending Machine - Starts off with a user inserting a coin then another user posts what the previous poster would get, then poster insert a coin and so goes the thread. This game serves no purpose and has no meaning whatsoever.

This or That - Users put down two things, another selects one of the two and then put downs two more for someone else to choose...and so goes the thread

Rate the User/Sig/Avatar/or anything else above/below - Just users posting numbers. No discussion whatsoever. Even with discussion there are still the odd few that loves to spam up these types of threads therefore they are outlawed totally.

Grant a wish - This is when a user wishes for something, then another user grants the wish and the wishes for something and so on. Once again serves no purpose, just users posting random wishes.

Fight/Battle (or any other variations) - This thread is when users 'fight' with each other. It's nothing but random posting and spamming. It isn't allowed.

ANY type of thread (1) begging/ asking users to making random posts or comments (2) Asking users to end a sentence in a certain way eg. [Insert random sentence here] without my hands - This doesn't need any explaination. It's just users posting random things

ALLOWED (but with specific rules)

Hurt and Heal - The isn't really a game, but more like a contest where users can hurt or heal various things. Most famous are video game characters or users. The golden rule to remember for this thread is ONE ACTION PER DAY. Any sooner and you run the risk of the thread being removed and moderation eg Threads with one action per hour rule will be instantly nuked and the topic creator moderate.

Corrupt a Wish - This starts off with a user wishing for something, then another user grants the wish, but twists the meaning so that the wish is granted, but it isn't actually what was originally asked for, the the user in turns posts a wish and so on so on.

True or False - This is when a user posts something then another user posts if it is true or false (related to the initial poster) and gives a reason why, then that user posts something and so on.

NOTE: This is just a slightly modified version of "Corrupt a Wish" so please do not have both types of threads in your union at the same time. If you get tired of one format and want to try the other, please lock the first thread.

Person above/below me - Simple, just post something about the user above or below you. It must have some line of truth in it. Try to avoid simple single word phrases and post things meaningful eg has XXXX posts or is LvXX or is online are not acceptable in this thread. DO NOT POST ABOUT YOURSELF. If these threads get out of control and turn into spam, it will be removed and users will be moderated with pointloss and suspensions

What are you listening to - Not really a game, but this is allowed at unions also. As long as one user doesn't spam up the thread, it's okay to have around.

Picture Game/Picture This/Guess the (insert something here) - This is when users post a picture (most of the time it's game related), it can contain hints or not, and the users must try to guess the game the picture is from, the winner then post a picture and so on.

Trivia Games - These are simple or complicated quizes that test the knowledge of users (similar to GameSpot's On the Spot Trivias). A user posts a question, another user answers, it the user is correct he/she posts their own question. Most of the times these trivias are multiple choice (in order to keep the thread moving)

Voting(Insert something here) - Various voting is allowed at unions. Poll voting and post voting are both allowed

3-word story - This is when users post 3 words hoping to build a story. It's not too different from the one word story but this one is allowed because users can actually build on it and I have seen some rather creative stories.

Caption Game/Contest - Post an image and users must come up with a caption for it. There are a lot of variations and additional rules that can be included.

The mentioned union board thread games are by far from all there are on GameSpot. As new information comes in, this thread will be updated. If you are unsure of a union board thread game or know of one (or some) I missed, feel free to send me a PM with details and possibly links.

Thanks and Happy GameSpotting

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lvlUNE3B

*WIP*

Specialty Run Thread

Speedrun Thread

GoW CoO Tactics/Tips

GoW1 Tactics/Tips

GoWII Tactics/Tips

TUGOWU Art Gallery

Off Topic Section

TUGOWU videos *WIP*

Commercials *WIP*

Outside TUGOWU

God Of War: Official website for God Of War.

God Of War 1: Official website for GoW1.

God Of War II Official website for GoWII.

Island of Rhodes: Secret Website found with a 999,999 hit combo by GodModeGOD

God Of War CoO: Official website for CoO.

God Of War III: Official website for GoWIII.

Cory Barlog's new blog: The game director of God Of War II.

David Jaffe's blog: Recently back..same use as Corey's.. *EDIT*

Louis: 3D Modeler/Artist for GoW *Very little GoWII work to be seen as of yet*

ballofsnow's GoW Speed Run: videos showing God Mode run *Put up others?*

PlayFrance GoW Concepts: Absolutely great collection *Highly suggested*

PlayFrance GoW In-Game: make for good reference.

the-creepers' GoW Gallery: Just as it sounds *a great deal of my findings across the net* and a great source. *EDIT*

Previous Threads.

Ultimate Index
Introduction Thread
Custom Officer Card
TUGOWU Helpdesk

GameSpot Threads

Customer Support ("Ask a Question" section) *also has "Topics")

Moderation History (Just Your Own *ONLY*)

Ask the Mods (board)

NOTE: READ their FAQ before asking anything there.

Post History (Anyones): http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/post_history.php?user=INSERT NAME HERE

NOTE: You apparently cannot check out GFAQs based accounts

HOW TO GAMESPOT It covers A LOT and should be at least glanced over.

NOTE: Best viewed with 10 posts per page as preference!

NOTE2: LOTS of links inside.

GS Union Recruitment Board (perhaps to be used in the future..perhaps not)

"Recruiting & Feedback
The best way to recruit or ask for feedback in the forums is to start with helpful subject topics. These type of acronyms listed below will help many forum users know exactly what you are requesting, and are more likely to get the most attention.

LFCM: [Your Union]
Definition: It stands for Looking for Charter Members.
Example: LFCM: GameSpotting

LFF: [Preferred Union Name]
Definition: It stands for Looking for Feedback.
Example: LFF: Nintendo Anime Union"

Site Enhancements Compendium

Archived Enhancements

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lvlUNE3B
[Reserved for future updates]
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Soulxxx
Member since 2004 • 2784 Posts

Forgot this one, mate!

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lvlUNE3B
There ya go...
Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Snake-Drinker
Member since 2005 • 5139 Posts
Introduction time. Why hello there, I'm SD, lvlUNE3B knows me from the UEU, so I'm here because of him. Long time no see lvlUNE3B!
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lvlUNE3B
Introduction time. Why hello there, I'm SD, lvlUNE3B knows me from the UEU, so I'm here because of him. Long time no see lvlUNE3B!Snake-Drinker
Hey.. Welcome, Snake buddy... yeah... it's been very long time.. since we were together at UEG. ;)
Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Snake-Drinker
[QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"]Introduction time. Why hello there, I'm SD, lvlUNE3B knows me from the UEU, so I'm here because of him. Long time no see lvlUNE3B!lvlUNE3B
Hey.. Welcome, Snake buddy... yeah... it's been very long time.. since we were together at UEG. ;)

So long ago. Its dead now :cry:
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lvlUNE3B
[QUOTE="lvlUNE3B"][QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"]Introduction time. Why hello there, I'm SD, lvlUNE3B knows me from the UEU, so I'm here because of him. Long time no see lvlUNE3B!Snake-Drinker

So long ago. Its dead now :cry:

Sadly :cry:
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 curlfro
Member since 2006 • 3579 Posts
Introduction time. Why hello there, I'm SD, lvlUNE3B knows me from the UEU, so I'm here because of him. Long time no see lvlUNE3B!Snake-Drinker
Wecome Snake! Glad to have you! ~ OMG ONOZ!
Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Snake-Drinker
[QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"]Introduction time. Why hello there, I'm SD, lvlUNE3B knows me from the UEU, so I'm here because of him. Long time no see lvlUNE3B!curlfro
Wecome Snake! Glad to have you! ~ OMG ONOZ!

Indeed.
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

Whats up all! Jason here! I am a huge God of War fan! Can't wait to meet yall!

Jason

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lvlUNE3B

Whats up all! Jason here! I am a huge God of War fan! Can't wait to meet yall!

Jason

jasonheyman
Welcome... Jason... don't forget to surf around the TUGOWU's board. Have good time.. *Hides the bucket full of donuts*.
epain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 epain
Member since 2003 • 198 Posts
Hey, I'm Shawn. Just joined up here, hope to find out more about GoW 2
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 curlfro
Welcome Shawn and Jason! Hope to see you all around the union!
mace_redhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 mace_redhorn
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hello, everyone! mace_redhorn here. I'm new to this website and I just found out about this union a couple of days ago. As a matter of fact, one of the messages in my inbox was an invitation to the UGOW union. Unfortunately, it was expired and I was unable to respond. But nonetheless, here I am, proud brand spankin' new member.

For the record, and I'm sure everyone will agree, I think GoW is one of the best games for the PS2. I've been a fan ever since I played the demo. I was blown away by the gameplay, the graphics, the minigames, the storyline, voice acting, the whole nine.

I will forever remain loyal to the union and my fellow union members.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

Y HALO THAR!  Welcome to TUGOWU Mace.

~I am GodModeGOD *a senior officer*

---I hope you become a regular

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Soulxxx
I hope you become a regular too... I am Soul. An Officer... And I usually kick GMG's butt at pretty much everything. Anyways, why did you hack into Cory's PB, man? That was totally uncalled for, man... What profit did you gain??
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the-creeper

I hope you become a regular too... I am Soul. An Officer... And I usually try to mimic GodModeGOD's shadow but alas I cannot even perform this one simple act. Anyways, why did you hack into Cory's PB, man? That was totally uncalled for, man... What profit did you gain??Soulxxx

Not the least be tactful Soul...

~You will never be my superior

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Soulxxx
See? Now, why did you have to do that?? What on earth made you do that?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the-creeper

Walker told me I have AIDs. :( Soulxxx

More like AIDS told you that you've got Walker amirite?

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 curlfro

Hello, everyone! mace_redhorn here. I'm new to this website and I just found out about this union a couple of days ago. As a matter of fact, one of the messages in my inbox was an invitation to the UGOW union. Unfortunately, it was expired and I was unable to respond. But nonetheless, here I am, proud brand spankin' new member.

For the record, and I'm sure everyone will agree, I think GoW is one of the best games for the PS2. I've been a fan ever since I played the demo. I was blown away by the gameplay, the graphics, the minigames, the storyline, voice acting, the whole nine.

I will forever remain loyal to the union and my fellow union members.

mace_redhorn
Welcome mace! I hope to see you around the union.
herviross_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#28 herviross_2
Member since 2006 • 2689 Posts
Hey everyone, my name is Samuel and ever since GOW 2 was announced i wanted to find a GOW union. And now i've found it, TUGOWU. This union rocks.....keep up the good work!!!
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 curlfro
Thanks Sam! We aim to please. :wink:
simsward007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 simsward007
Member since 2005 • 505 Posts

Hello everybody, seeming as ive never introduced myself, i think its about time:

My name is simsward (Not real name) and im come from UK.

Im into HipHop, Grime and RnB and I love:

ANTM (America's Next Top Model), Ugly Betty, Lost series 3, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Nip Tuck series 4.

I own a GBA soon a DS, PC, PS2 and PSP.

I play MMORPG Games like runescape (Not any more), Adventure Quest, Dragonfable and Conquer Online.

For PS2 I play: Ratchet series, Destroy all humans 1&2 and soon next October DAH3, Jamesbond007 and GOW1& soon2.

I enjoy Chinese, USA and Uk food not Indian that gives us diarohhea*.

Im half chinese and half english and im 17 and currently studing in colllege to become an actor and video game designer

SuperGogeta24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SuperGogeta24
Member since 2005 • 1603 Posts
herro all! itsa me! i'm from the UK and i enjoy bloody games,RPG's(if they dont have a subcription fee like diablo 2),fighting games,RTS's and many more. I have a DS Lite(black) PS2 and a very crappy PC. I found out about GOW from a friend and now like it much more than him!
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lvlUNE3B
[QUOTE="SuperGogeta24"]herro all! itsa me! i'm from the UK and i enjoy bloody games,RPG's(if they dont have a subcription fee like diablo 2),fighting games,RTS's and many more. I have a DS Lite(black) PS2 and a very crappy PC. I found out about GOW from a friend and now like it much more than him!

Welcome ... Don't forget to cruise around TUGOWU's topics and discussion.. ~ I have been away from gamespot ... mainly because of my college and Futsal and in the end studies.. I might be inactive till June of this year. Don't worry, I wouldn't miss anything in TUGOWU.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 curlfro
[QUOTE="SuperGogeta24"]herro all! itsa me! i'm from the UK and i enjoy bloody games,RPG's(if they dont have a subcription fee like diablo 2),fighting games,RTS's and many more. I have a DS Lite(black) PS2 and a very crappy PC. I found out about GOW from a friend and now like it much more than him!

Welcome SuperGogeta! Feel free to post around and take part in some of our contest!
TriPPZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 TriPPZz
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
I'm not new or a returning member.... just thought i'd stop by and say waz krackin.... hehe and welcome new members
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 curlfro
Well, it's nice to see you again Trippzz. :wink:
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts
why's trippz's username coloured yellow?
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Hi, I'm new I just joined the union. My name is PJ, I'm 14, been a gamer since I was 4 thanks to my brother. I love RPGS especially MMO's, Action Adventure games and FPS games.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 curlfro
Well, welcome again PJ!
why's trippz's username coloured yellow?evanescfan
Members who pay GameSpot can change the color of their name.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

Well, welcome again PJ! [QUOTE="evanescfan"]why's trippz's username coloured yellow?curlfro
Members who pay GameSpot can change the color of their name.

Haha, thanks :D

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 evanescfan
hey there! welcome aboard. now about that cool sig.......
saxy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 saxy56
Member since 2006 • 675 Posts
hello i am Saxy56 and i am a huge fan of GOW PS2 and rockin out to music, i think im here because of Snake-Drinker an old buddy from BWU...but yeah that is about it
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 evanescfan
welcome saxy. i'm a music fan myself. hope u enjoy your stay[QUOTE="evanescfan"]hey there! welcome aboard. now about that cool sig.......

never mind about that i read it on the other thread
saxy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 saxy56
thanks and i have a feeling u like X-Men :P well i am a fan of them too lolz
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 evanescfan

thanks and i have a feeling u like X-Men :P

no kiddin? lol

well i am a fan of them too lolz

that's 3 things we've got in common then.

saxy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 saxy56
yeah that is a good start :lol:
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 curlfro
Welcome saxy! Boy, we've gotten a ton of new members ever since Barlog came!
saxy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 saxy56
well i was invited like a month ago but i wasnt keeping up on my union invites but not to go OT..
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 curlfro
well i was invited like a month ago but i wasnt keeping up on my union invites but not to go OT..saxy56
We've still gotten a ton of new members, We've had about 10 since I logged out last night.
saxy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 saxy56
awesome but lets take this to OT instead of spamming this topic